RYL Forums

RYL Forums (https://www.recoveryourlife.com/forum/index.php)
-   Veterans Board (https://www.recoveryourlife.com/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=34)
-   -   Virtual Psych ward! (https://www.recoveryourlife.com/forum/showthread.php?t=1312)

Eir 26-07-2016 02:49 PM

the ward is quiet. how are you mark?
i'm... surviving. dont know how else to qualify it.

Doikers 27-07-2016 04:21 PM

I am Eggshell Okay , Annie , Okay , Like Okay but won't take much to break me.

Kathryn_Anna 27-07-2016 10:15 PM

Sorry to be away for so long. Life is just crazy. I've been sick for 3 weeks. It feels like there's no end in sight. I'm always so tired. I want to sleep for at least a week straight. And I'm so overwhelmed.

Doikers 27-07-2016 10:48 PM

*Glomps you all *

Eir 28-07-2016 03:29 AM

*safe hugs for all*
Horrid night last night. Couldn't sleep. Now I got to work :-(

Doikers 28-07-2016 09:45 AM

I hope your day is going okay , Annie , Hun *Glomps*

Eir 29-07-2016 12:01 PM

Having a bad day. Had a mentor who makes me feel like am idiot as opposed to a student. Between a stuff up on my part, and her impatience and a dislike of a computer program, I'm left feeling like I'm going to fail my placement.
I've got 4 more weeks of this. So I feel really crappy. It's just one thing after another. I hate this. Why do I bother.
How's everyone else?

Kathryn_Anna 29-07-2016 01:29 PM

*safe hugs* Annie.

I'm doing kinda crappy. Broke a toe and so now my entire foot hurts. Appointments are overwhelming me. I'm ready for a break.

Doikers 29-07-2016 01:33 PM

*Safe Hugs Annie* I hope things improve .

*Safe Hugs Kathryn* I hate overwhelmingnous.

Anxiety and Depression . . . . Fab :/

Kathryn_Anna 29-07-2016 01:48 PM

Anyone journal? I've tried in the past and journal a little on here but I'm wondering if I should start. I meant to do it at night to help calm my mind but I never remember. I'm too exhausted.

Eir 29-07-2016 09:39 PM

I used to have a live journal. Don't know that it helped me much, but then, I used it irregularly, I'm not great with remembering to do daily things, like eating regularly, taking pills, applying moisturiser or journalling. Broken toe sucks, did they give you something for pain? Pain will make everything else worse, so I can't say I'm surprised that you're overwhelmed.
Mark, anxiety sucks. Im trying magnesium supplements cos none of the other natural stuffs safe in Bipolar or is incompatible with my meds.
Thanks for the hugs guys, my confidence is still fragile but i don't have to deal with that mentor today. So I'll cope.

Kathryn_Anna 30-07-2016 01:34 PM

You can do it Annie *hugs* having a bad mentor sucks, I've been there.

I haven't gotten the toe looked at. I know there's not much they could do. Taking headache medicine for pain and it helps some. I was overwhelmed before the broken toe but it's not surprising everything seems worse since the toe.

It's just been a rough few weeks. Lost a friend and it's shaken me up a bit. :(

Doikers 30-07-2016 04:01 PM

I don't have words atm.

*Hugs Annie*

*Hugs Kathryn*

*Leaves a Jar of Hugs out*

Kathryn_Anna 31-07-2016 05:31 AM

Just another one of those days. *sigh*

Thanks for the hug Mark. *Hugs*

Doikers 01-08-2016 10:57 AM

How are we all Today?

Kathryn_Anna 01-08-2016 05:07 PM

Exhausted. How are you Mark?

Doikers 02-08-2016 10:54 AM

I hope you got some rest , Kathryn .

How are we all today?

I am getting more and more anxious . Also Fed Up of being dicked about by the CMHT.

Kahlia1981 03-08-2016 06:21 AM

Sorry to hear the CMHT is screwing you around Mark. I have issues with using the telephone as well and am constantly being given phone numbers to call. Man, I struggle just to call my husband on a good day, how do you expect me to call a stranger on a bad (or normal) day? *hugs*

I hope you managed to get some rest, or at least are not so exhausted, Kathryn.

Sorry to hear you are having a rough time with that mentor Annie. I hope you have had a few good days/shifts and are feeling a bit more confident. You are a student and you are a person, both mean that you can get confused or make mistakes - even someone well trained can make mistakes - and if the mentor cannot handle that they really shouldn't be a mentor. *safe hugs*

Things have been absolutely crazy here between medical appointments, university and attempting to have a social life. Trying to find a respite carer so my husband can take a break has been especially difficult. Meh...

Doikers 03-08-2016 09:17 AM

*Glomps Kahlia*

I don't have a social life since my friend moved away.

Eir 04-08-2016 08:47 AM

Kahlia, have you tried contacting the community care access point? I know phones are difficult, maybe your hubby or social worker(if you have one) can make contact for you?
Im all in a flapp about this grad position thing. I neeed either my passport or birth certificate, and my partner cannot find them. I've had a couple of days with a nice mentor, and I basically handled our allocation today. leaves me feeling more postive about the whole thing. it also probably helps that i am keeping up with my meds
*safe hugsfor all*

Kahlia1981 04-08-2016 10:07 AM

Thanks big brother. Since being in the wheelchair we just cannot get out as often so I usually only leave the house when I absolutely have to. *sigh* and *glomps*

We are also looking into the NDIS Annie. Hopefully we can get some more support. At this point - aside from the physiotherapist and OT - we only get domestic services. Once a week they have 45 minutes to clean the house, and luckily most of them have been good. As this is provided by Blue Care we pay for them, but at a reduced cost. Respite care and personal care aren't something that we can get from them unfortunately. I'm very glad the last couple of day at placement have been an improvement.

Good news: the OT rang today to say that my MASS/CAECTI application for the wheelchair has been approved meaning we wait for the letter and for it to be ordered, but we're one step closer.

Bad news: I've managed to fall out of my wheelchair three times and during a solo transfer and, as a result, I am in even more agony than usual. I didn't get any university work done today and have been feeling bad. Really, really want to harm myself but... I can't. *sigh*

*safe hugs for everyone*
*leaves hot chocolate, cocoa, tea and coffee on the table*
*disappears inside pillow fort to switch and colour in*

Doikers 04-08-2016 10:25 AM

Om Man , From being messed about by the CMHT to "You've got an appointment with a Locum Psych in 5 Hours" Crikey , Anxious.

Kahlia1981 04-08-2016 10:33 AM

Gees that's fast Mark. Good luck with it, and hubby and I are here for you if you need a chat. You've got this big brother. *hugs*

Doikers 04-08-2016 12:17 PM

Thanks Kahlia Sis, and Hubby <3 I'll let you know what happens , maybe not tonight as it may be too "raw" but maybe tomorrow.

Kahlia1981 04-08-2016 12:35 PM

Always here for you big brother. *hugs*

Doikers 04-08-2016 01:02 PM

They cancelled a quarter of an hour ago . . . . Diaz I think.

Kahlia1981 05-08-2016 01:52 AM

Mark, *huge hugs*

This morning really hasn't started off too well. Waking up in agony, my body playing up, etc and now I've gone and spilled my pain syrup all over myself, the floor and the kitchen bench.

Just going to cry in the corner...

Doikers 05-08-2016 08:32 AM

*Hugs Kahlia*

*Safe Hugs Y'all*

havealittlefaith 05-08-2016 04:34 PM

-checks in-

I feeling tearful. Seems like I going round in curcles again and can't be helped. Need some to make me no feel so alone and frightened X

Doikers 07-08-2016 10:24 AM

How are you not now , Have a little Faith?

How are we all doing ?

Doikers 09-08-2016 09:31 AM

How are y'all ?

I cannot control My Anxiety.

Kahlia1981 11-08-2016 09:10 AM

So depressed right now and5 having strong thoughts about SI and suicide. Really trying to hang on but honestly not sure it's worth the effort.

Hope everyone else is doing better.

*safe hugs*

Doikers 11-08-2016 12:36 PM

It's worth the Effort Kahlia , Sis *Hugs*

Marshmallow. 13-08-2016 04:06 PM

Struggling to see the point in anything right now.

Doikers 14-08-2016 11:52 AM

You know to get hold of me , Ashley , Hun *Hugs*

Marshmallow. 14-08-2016 12:44 PM

I feel like I'm fighting against myself everyday just to stay alive. I don't think I'm strong enough anymore.

Doikers 16-08-2016 02:47 PM

How are we all today?

Marshmallow. 18-08-2016 09:29 AM

I need to be here just now. I don't feel safe.

Doikers 19-08-2016 11:24 PM

*Hugs Ashley*

Doikers 21-08-2016 12:07 PM

Hey Folks, How are we all?

Spacegirlnz 22-08-2016 09:47 AM

Doikers you're always asking how everyone else is. How are you?

Doikers 22-08-2016 02:39 PM

Ah that's Sweet , Spacey , I'm Anxious and low and oh so BPD these days. How are you?

How are we all doing , folks?

Kathryn_Anna 24-08-2016 09:54 PM

Been awhile. How is everyone?

I don't know what the point is anymore. Life is just too overwhelming.

Doikers 25-08-2016 09:16 AM

*Hugs Kathryn* Hiya :)
I'm sorry you feel so overwhelmed , hun , I feel it too :(

Kahlia1981 26-08-2016 05:28 AM

It sounds like everyone is having a hard time holding on at the moment.
*safe hugs to everyone who needs/wants them*

After trying to chase down my wheelchair application I find that the OT who submitted it didn't finalize it until August 3rd. Now we're having issues because they don't know whether it falls under the new disability scheme just released in our area or the old one. I hate bureaucracy.

On the positive side, yesterday was my 8 year SI free anniversary.

Now I'm just going to curl up in a corner and cry. Really not coping right now.

Kathryn_Anna 26-08-2016 12:46 PM

I'm sorry everyone is feeling so overwhelmed. *safe hugs to all who would like them*

I really want to just explode on Facebook. Just pour out everything that goes on. Maybe then some of my family would understand why I may not call them as often, exactly how much crap I really do, and why I am always so dang tired. They would get a glimpse into what really goes on in my life and maybe for once understand. But with that, I'm sure many questions, which I don't have any answers to, would come. And I would be more stressed out than I am now. Overall it's a bad idea, I know it is. Yet it'd be nice for family and friends to understand and know. So for now I'll just come here, to my little corner of the world, where you guys understand how overwhelming life can be and it's perfectly okay to curl up in a corner with my blanket. *sigh*

Doikers 27-08-2016 07:38 PM

Great News Kahlia Sis :) *Hugs*

*Hugs Kathryn*

Kathryn_Anna 30-08-2016 02:04 PM

How is everyone today?

Doikers 30-08-2016 03:26 PM

Had to Take a Diaz . . . .

Doikers 31-08-2016 11:02 AM

It's Hard , Auragrace , but it has to be worth it , hun.