RYL Forums

RYL Forums (https://www.recoveryourlife.com/forum/index.php)
-   Veterans Board (https://www.recoveryourlife.com/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=34)
-   -   Virtual Psych ward! (https://www.recoveryourlife.com/forum/showthread.php?t=1312)

blondiebear 02-06-2008 02:00 AM

Emma, you've just got to come to southern California! There is a whole trail of Franciscan Missions that goes all the way from our border with Mexico to San Francisco. They were founded in the late 1700's. Some are still parish churches, some are museums or have museums in them. The one closest to me, San Juan Capistrano, is beautiful. It has two courtyards full of beautiful gardens and is known for its swallows!

Helen, hope the pain goes away.

Today we saw a couple of ghost towns, after spending an hour in Taos New Mexico. Got the rest of the fabrics for my quilt, yay! One ghost town had obviously been a railroad town, two of the buildings were old rail cars. The other was notable for its cemetery. It was a coal mining town and nearly 400 miners died in two horrible accidents in 1913 and 1923. The company that owned the mines paid for white metal crosses for all of the deceased miners. So there is one section of the cemetery just for the miners, just row after row of crosses.
btw, for anyone who remembers the Explosion and destruction of the federal building several years ago in Oklahoma City, twice as many people died in these mine accidents. Weird statistic but we have photos of the chairs that honor the people who died there.

My hair isn't falling out. It is breaking off! Helen, if i let it air dry, I can not put it in a ponytail or anything cause like yours it will never dry.

lil-princess 02-06-2008 02:21 AM

I hope it gets better soon Hells *hugs*

I wouldn't do something like that lol i couldn't walk or go even near a ghost town.

I'm gonna hide in the corner if anyone needs me not feeling to good tonight :( so gonna sit here and cry. xx

~*forever_broken*~ 02-06-2008 02:25 AM

Lil princess, I'm confused... Why can't you talk about how you feel here..?

lil-princess 02-06-2008 02:28 AM

Cause i've been threatened and warned not to :( but i'm just finding it really tough and i can't hold it in but i have to. xx

Pomegranate 02-06-2008 03:17 AM

*hugs everyone*

Helen, please be careful. I've told you before, but I will tell you again. This situation is not worth SIing over. Good Luck on your exam and take care ok?

*hugs Emma* it will be alright sweetie. Go about as normal. I will be thinking of you.

Hey Auburn, sorry things are so shitty at the moment but please try and ignore the temptations. You can do it. *starts cheer leading team for Auburn*.....ok that was a tad tacky but hopefully you get the sentiment.

*pokes Ally* your fairly quiet today (for you anywho) you alright munchkin? *leaves hugs and rolos just in case*

Susan, I am actually seriously jealous. Don't suppose I could be really weird and ask you to either post or PM me pictures of the chairs? Sorry, know that is pretty strange but would be really interested if you could at some point. Hope you're enjoying your trip still.

~*forever_broken*~ 02-06-2008 03:17 AM

But threatened and warned why?:confused:

Pomegranate 02-06-2008 03:20 AM

PMing you Ally about it x

lil-princess 02-06-2008 03:23 AM

Thanks Em, I don't even think i'll go to my counselling i just can't deal with it :(

I can't say why or who, i've just been threatened if i come on here and post about everything i'm dead was it's exact words nice don't ya think? yeah i thought it was nice but i want to die right now but i can't :( i would if i didn't have this party. xx

MammaMia 02-06-2008 03:36 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Pomegranate (Post 812173)
*hugs everyone*

Helen, please be careful. I've told you before, but I will tell you again. This situation is not worth SIing over. Good Luck on your exam and take care ok?

I'm far from careful at the moment. :nono: Barely eating + blood loss (from SIing) + not sleeping well = Helen is not looking after herself at all.

I'm not because of her, well I am, but she's not the only reason. :crying:

Just over 5 hours til my exam. I need sleep but everytime I close my eyes, the nitemare begins. :blink:

Pomegranate 02-06-2008 03:40 AM

Helen, nobody can make you take care of yourself. That is something you have to have the strength to do yourself. Nobody is going to make you do it. You are an adult now, please start taking that responsibility. I know it is hard but it is only you who you are ****ing over in the end. Please be careful. I know it is difficult, but maybe just turn off the laptop and close your eyes and see what happens. You need to sleep before a big exam. Please try and look after yourself x

MammaMia 02-06-2008 03:50 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Pomegranate (Post 812210)
Helen, nobody can make you take care of yourself. That is something you have to have the strength to do yourself. Nobody is going to make you do it. You are an adult now, please start taking that responsibility. I know it is hard but it is only you who you are ****ing over in the end. Please be careful. I know it is difficult, but maybe just turn off the laptop and close your eyes and see what happens. You need to sleep before a big exam. Please try and look after yourself x

You're completly right hun. I'm slowly getting back to normal with the eating anyway....and sleep gah it's always gonna be good & bad. It's just ten times harder atm with the nightmares.

But yeah I better try and get some sleep. x

~*forever_broken*~ 02-06-2008 05:13 AM

*snuggles lil princess-Emma*
Aww sweetie, so not cool :-( this place is supposed to feel safe... I'm sorry hun.

*cuddles Helen*
Sweetie you quit talking to me... What'd I say? :blink: Please be careful hun, take care of yourself. I hope you manage to get some rest and your exam goes well.

Hey Emma *massive hugs* thanks for the PM. How goes it luv?

*snuggles her RYL mom*
Sounds like you're having a good time, I'm glad.

Me? I had church and then worked for 7 hours... Am exhausted and feeling rather lousy :-( *sigh* c'est la vie
Ugh, and I've got therapy tomorrow, errands to run (getting the title of my car in my name, call about an apartment, call and give thirty days notice for the one I'm in now, study, study, study, pack, clean, and work)... Goodness didn't realise that was such a long list lol

blondiebear 02-06-2008 05:45 AM

http://www.oklahomacitynationalmemorial.org/index.php

Will that do for a start? I don't remember when we were last there, I'll have to think about it then see if I can find the photos.

http://www.nps.gov/archive/wica/Pronghorn.htm

We saw some of these pronghorn antelope today. They are graceful and beautiful.

blondiebear 02-06-2008 06:02 AM

My dearest husband just set up a link from my travel thread to his photos. Enjoy!

effervescence 02-06-2008 07:32 AM

amanda - go check on your OFOSH thread :)

hello to everyone. i have no words right now :(

lil-princess 02-06-2008 08:09 AM

Morning everyone :)

How are ya all this lovely morning?? *hugs all round*

----

I so should be getting ready for counselling but i'm far from it, only cause i haven't been to sleep so i'm shattered and soo dreading this counselling session, it's not going to go to well i don't think, oh crikey i better go i'll update later xxx

Auburn Shadow 02-06-2008 08:26 AM

*leaves hugs for everyone*

Good luck in the exam Helen, thinking of you sweetie!
lil-princess I hope it doesn't go too bad at the counsellors today, thinking of you too

-------------------------------------------

As for me? Well I got an email back from my tutor in reply to that one I sent him on Saturday night, and well, he said he understands why I didn't tell him before and everything, and that my future isn't completely screwed over by all of this, and that there's plenty of opportunity for me to continue my original course in the future.
Why then, does it feel so useless, and like there's nothing I can do to get to my career? Just... I don't know. It hasn't even been that long, but this past few weeks it just feels like everything's changing and not for the better, even. I don't know what I even feel about anything anymore... It's... odd.
Sorry, this wasn't meant to be this long

xxx

Pomegranate 02-06-2008 02:31 PM

*hugs Auburn* I don't know hun, but I guess he knows what he is talking about and analysing whether he does or doesn't is probably not going to help you.

*hugs everyone else*

I will reply later, off to A&E now *rolls eyes*

Katch 02-06-2008 02:40 PM

good luck at A&E Emma - sorry you gotta go though. Hugs xxx

Hugs to everyone for everything xxx

I can't do this anymore I am fed up with the world - everytime i get a bit of strength the world comes along and punches it out of me. I really have had enough of it all.

~*forever_broken*~ 02-06-2008 04:00 PM

*cuddles Hana*
I know what you mean luv. I failed to get my act together to take the exam I needed to take to get into graduate school this fall and all of a sudden it's like I have no future, like my dream just flat lined and there's no way to revive it. Seems to me that this guy really reacted well to your email, and that's cool. Maybe a little perspective will make things feel better.

Chloe *snuggles you* looks like you're not doing too well, I'm sorry hun.

'The other Emma'... I don't like calling you that (makes me feel bad) so I'm gonna call you LP-Emma if that's alright. *squishes* Good luck with counselling sweetie, it sucks when you dread going :-(*massive hugs*

Emma *snuggles* I'm sorry you had to go to A&E sweetie :-( what's going on hun?
----------------------
Ugh, I'm exhausted, overwhelmed with trying to pass my courses so I can actually finish uni, dreading therapy and behind on my bills which is not helping how I feel... Which is in the lousy-to-awful area atm

*goes to her corner and naps, cause it's not like she just woke up or anything:blink:*