RYL Forums

RYL Forums (https://www.recoveryourlife.com/forum/index.php)
-   Veterans Board (https://www.recoveryourlife.com/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=34)
-   -   Virtual Psych ward! (https://www.recoveryourlife.com/forum/showthread.php?t=1312)

jonikd 20-04-2010 07:56 PM

*hugs everyone good morning* I’m not really any better today, its kinda like groundhog day really....one day at a time, early night, take meds, try to stay safe, try to sleep, dream, wake, lie there....hmmm. But! I’m at work and about to meet a friend for coffee and have a huge day of meetings and the like so will just have to pull myself together. *pulls herself together*

Hope you're feeling a bit better Helen, Toad in the Hole looks gooood!

Nice work Hayley, that's a fantastic result, you must be really determined with your rehab, I'm impressed *hugs*

Thanks for the cuddles Mark :D

April, hunni, listen to us, we’re a smart bunch of people and we think you rock! You are our academic hero and we love you *cuddles*

Laura *hugs* glad that you are talking to your friend, bummer about the interview – some people are so flaky.

Hope you all have safe and happy evenings,mornings etc. I look forward to seeing what you’ve all been up to after work.

*leaves hugs for others not around right now, gently closes door and heads to the office*

Doikers 20-04-2010 08:06 PM

*Hugs Hayley* Way to go with the walking unaided , quite the acheivment :) Happy for you .

*Hugs JK* I'm sorry your day is no better today , but like you said "one day at a time" it WILL get better , we just have to beleive it :)

*Group hugs*

as for me , I cut today , twice (so far) ater two days without, I'm still getting the apathy ,I just don't know what to do about it , I really don't :(
I cut once on as part of my body I've never cut before (no-where dangerous) *sigh*

MammaMia 20-04-2010 08:06 PM

It is. I want another one tonight aha.

*curls up and hides*

jonikd 20-04-2010 08:20 PM

*hugs Mark* look after the cuts hun, when do you next see someone?
*finds Helen and administers cuddles*

Doikers 20-04-2010 08:36 PM

I meet with my P Doc thursday afternoon but I'm not sure I'll tell him . His attitude is just "Oh just throw away your blades" HIS words not mine , I don't think he understands . I'm at the point of mentally planning my suicide , I'm thinking so much about it and I don't want to tell anyone in a position of power because I don't want to go back to hospital , it woulden't help me at all ,
Sorry JK , being a bit self involved again , how is your day panning out ?

MammaMia 20-04-2010 08:47 PM

*cuddles JK*

Scarletdreamer 20-04-2010 11:08 PM

*cuddles Mark* Love, try not to dwell on those thoughts... that will just make them worse. :( You're worth so much more than what you think you are... you're a kind, lovely, sweet person (and I think that a sweet guy is one to be treasured by friends, significant other, and family, no matter what some people say). We treasure you. Please try to fight the suicidal fantasies, please... *more cuddles* I'm sorry that you've SI'd, and that you injured yourself on a part of your body you've not done before... :( That all makes me sad... I wish that I could DO something to help you feel better... :(

I'm really not feeling that well myself. I have so much work to do and am slowly dying... feels like it anyway, from the inside out. Am exhausted too as got up at 4:45am today, and 5am for days prior to this. Went to bed last night at 7:30 so at least I got some decent sleep. :(

I got sunburnt today and you'd think that the extra sun would make me feel better... but no... it didn't do anything. Then health psych was very triggering because we talked about calories and two people in the class ate less than I did, and one of them said that he's lost XXlbs since uni started this term, and I haven't lost any... I know it isn't a competition but it feels like since I'm the one with the eating disorder it should be ME who struggled with getting enough calories. :'( Feel like such a fat ****ing pig. :crying:

*hides in shame in a dark lonely hole*

MammaMia 20-04-2010 11:12 PM

You're not a fat pig April!! *cuddles tight*

I feel so low tonight & completely useless. Great *hides*

Kahlia1981 21-04-2010 01:03 AM

*hugs everyone*

I'm not really feeling up to doing individual replies I'm sorry but i do have to say this:

April: Academically I can understand where you come from. I have a GPA overall of 7.0 (out of a possible 7.0 - our system is different) and I have never not made the Dean's List. Consistently (as you can tell) achieved nothing lower than a HD etc etc. However, I still feel I am achieving less than my sister, who was realistically about the same - but did it without a mental illness. You are doing really well hun, but if you let the comparisons get to you it will always get to you. My sister is 5 years and 364 days older than me and to me she's always been "better" in everything that we've done - skinnier, prettier, more intelligent ... but that doesn't mean it's the truth. *hugs you* You are very intelligent and you have, coupled with that, the determination to succeed. Sorry, I don't mean to sound preachy and I apologise if it came across that way, but the family-comparison thing is something I'm quite familiar with.

I managed to sleep last night. It took some work. I finished doing some stuff and went to bed and lay there for a while before getting up and deciding that my stomach was unhappy. After a smoke (I'm quitting smoking so it'll hopefully be one of my last days of smoking) I managed to head to bed and crashed out until this morning. I'm still feeling absolutely exhausted this morning though...

I have an appointment with a psychologist today, and I really don't want to go. Meh ...

PoisonedApple 21-04-2010 01:12 AM

*walks in and huggles everyone then flops down on the floor*

MammaMia 21-04-2010 01:28 AM

*cuddles everyone*

I see Oliver =P

jonikd 21-04-2010 07:47 AM

meh.
*flops down on floor next to Crimson and is no use to anyone*

*manages a few cuddles to share around*

SoMuchMore 21-04-2010 07:55 AM

*cuddles JK* whats wrong hun?

jonikd 21-04-2010 08:23 AM

hmmm, I don't really know exactly what's causing this feeling of ...I don't know what. Fair bit going on with a relationship break up and selling the marital home tomorrow :( Also I SIed a few nights ago and I have to go back to the doctor tomorrow, and work is hard, and I feel *****. Also I real worried about a "virtual" friend I've kind of adopted on here and there's nothing I can do which really sucks.

So yeah, I guess I do know....rave,rave.

But I got my doctor and p-therapist tomorrow so all will be well I'm sure. *half smiles through the tears and hardens up*

Sorry hun, you got enough of your own crap, I just a bit needy tonight x

*cries and doesn't want to BE LIKE THIS*

How you doing? Funny but I still care a lot more about others than myself right now, *hugs Laura*

SoMuchMore 21-04-2010 08:36 AM

^ Dont be sorry! its okay to rant.. especially here. Im sorry that you are feeling badly. Break ups suck... i found out a few weeks ago that my ex bf was cheating on me for the past few months (we were together 4 years... so i mean it wasnt a marriage or anything... but.. 4 years is still a long time.) I hope that you feel better after going to ur therapist and doctor tomorrow. If not, you know where to find all of us :-) Make sure you take care of yourself too. Try to do something nice for yourself. *huggles*

As for me.. I've been better.. dealing with a few things... but i'll be fine, i always am. No worries.

jonikd 21-04-2010 08:40 AM

*hugs Laura*. We weren't married either and it makes no difference imo. We were together near on 15 years and I'm pretty screwed up without him. But as Annie said "the sun'll come out tomorrow, bet your bottom dollar" etc. 4 years is a huge amount of time too. Just that I'm older!

Take care of yourself sweet, and yeah I actually am sorry for ranting, doesn't really help you guys out, so I'll stop now.

*shuffles quickly for drugs and bed*

SoMuchMore 21-04-2010 08:46 AM

Sleep well! And really you dont need to be sorry. We are all here to support each other as well as receive support. Hang in there hun.

*grabs some blankets and finds a quiet spot to sleep in.. 3am is late enough for tonight i think*

frenchhorn 21-04-2010 08:49 AM

*cuddles all then dashes off to uni*

Doikers 21-04-2010 09:31 AM

April you are NOT a fat pig , anything but *hugs*

*Hugs Kahlia* Good luck quitting smoking , thats a really positive step :)

*Group Hugs*

xxjuliexx 21-04-2010 09:34 AM

ummm... can i comes in....