RYL Forums

RYL Forums (https://www.recoveryourlife.com/forum/index.php)
-   Creativity and Reviews (https://www.recoveryourlife.com/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=23)
-   -   What book are you reading or just read? (https://www.recoveryourlife.com/forum/showthread.php?t=1850)

one_step_closer 13-05-2008 01:11 PM

Henrietta's Dream - Henrietta Spink

BarrelO'Crazy 13-05-2008 02:25 PM

Assassin's Apprentice - Robin Hobb only just started it but its a real page turner.

crazykat 13-05-2008 02:28 PM

The Memory Keepers Daughter-Kim Edwards

Zedebee 13-05-2008 07:24 PM

Just finished Die for me by Karen Rose. 'Twas amazing and can't wait to read more of her stuff.
Now I'm going on to read Perfect Match by Jodi Picult to see what all the fuss is about...

lilymushaboom 13-05-2008 09:56 PM

I'm reading Prozac Nation by Elizabeth Wurtzel, yep a little bit depressing for subject matter but i wanted to try and understand depression a bit more. It's good so far, can relate to a lot of it despite not having depression or anything, and I was told its quite hopeful and optimistic over all so Im going to persevere. All you guys reading Jodi Picoult.. HOW THE HELL DO YOU DO IT! I read My Sister's Keeper (think its called that) cried uncontrollably and havent touched another one of hers since! I think its slightly odd how she enjoys writing these traumatic books...

Useless Information 101 14-05-2008 01:28 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by {PaperDoll} (Post 758241)
i just finished reading Twilight by Stephenie Meyer and i am now reading the second book in the Twilight Series called New Moon.

Im rereading that series right now, Im in the middle of twilight. I love those books so much haha and your avatar and sig are awesome by the by :P

beautiful&dying 14-05-2008 02:58 PM

I'm reading a book about a Victorian mental asylum called 98 Reasons For Being. As well as reliving my A level sociology I've found it quite interesting, although I'm only 100 pages in, I'm sure it's going to be good. I'd recommend it if you want to think about how treatments have changed and the medical model has developed.
xxxxxxxxx

Spoons 14-05-2008 07:29 PM

Moll Flanders- Daniel Defoe

XxXflowerfairyXxX 14-05-2008 09:39 PM

My Friend Leonard - James Frey

READ IT.

XxXflowerfairyXxX 14-05-2008 09:41 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by mister linda. (Post 744335)
i started reading middlesex (by jeffrey eugenides) this week, but i've only read about a dozen pages or so so far (half because i have revision/exams, but mostly because it's kindof boring so far and virgin suicides is probably one of my favourites of all time and i am being disappointed).

NONONO!
Middlesex is a lot lot lot lot better than The Virgin Suicides!
Honestly!

ashleighbean 15-05-2008 03:28 AM

OMG twighlight is sooo amazing!!!!
and the next book breaking dawn comes out in the US in AUG!!!!!!!
ohh and the movie is in decmber =]
and the guy they picked for edwin (cedric diggory in HP4) is not good enough to be edward...but i dont belive any human being will ever be.

Useless Information 101 15-05-2008 03:49 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by ashleigh07 (Post 762635)
OMG twighlight is sooo amazing!!!!
and the next book breaking dawn comes out in the US in AUG!!!!!!!
ohh and the movie is in decmber =]
and the guy they picked for edwin (cedric diggory in HP4) is not good enough to be edward...but i dont belive any human being will ever be.

Haha yeah I think anyone cast as Edward would fall short of expectations, but eh, they could have picked worse.
I want august to come so quickly just so I can read that, but I dont know what Im going to do when its over! Ill be so depressed hahah

one_step_closer 16-05-2008 06:30 PM

362 Belsisle Street - Susie Moloney. Not so good right now but reviews have been good so i'm trying to skip the boring parts.

red_petal 16-05-2008 06:45 PM

The Diary of Anne Frank :thumbup:

one_step_closer 16-05-2008 07:06 PM

^^ I keep meaning to read that, I tried to ages ago but didn't manage to get past the first few pages.

red_petal 16-05-2008 07:13 PM

It gets better. I can rarely get past the first few pages of any book, I'm not big on reading but I seriously can't put this down :)
Take care
xo

one_step_closer 16-05-2008 07:18 PM

I'll put it on my list :-D The beginning is quite sweet though, how she treats her diary like a person.

red_petal 16-05-2008 07:25 PM

Yeah, she continues to do so. When she has no one else, she talks to her diary as if confiding in a friend but some parts seem to private I almost feel guilty for reading it :laugh:

Spoons 16-05-2008 10:33 PM

Vanish- tess gerritsen (sp?)

purexcocaine 17-05-2008 12:17 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Spoons (Post 766734)
Vanish- tess gerritsen (sp?)

this was an amazing amazing book.
i had to quote some stuff from there as well,
i just loved it.

am currently reading
almost moon - alice sebold.

although i've stopped for a bit, because it is scaring the **** out for me for reasons i cannot find.
however i do love sebolds previous two books.