RYL Forums

RYL Forums (https://www.recoveryourlife.com/forum/index.php)
-   Veterans Board (https://www.recoveryourlife.com/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=34)
-   -   Virtual Psych ward! (https://www.recoveryourlife.com/forum/showthread.php?t=1312)

PsychoKitty2010 07-01-2011 03:33 AM

-hugs kahlia, if ok- First of all, you are not a bad wardie. And you are not a waste of space. Everyone is allowed to rant and vent all they want and/or need here. That's the purpose of the ward. Everyone supports each other here.

What do you mean the ward has killed people? Can you report them for doing so? It doesn't seem right that they should be allowed to get away with that. That's murder and as far as I know, murder is against the law, no matter where you live. Since they have tried to kill you in the past, surely you could tell that to the police or something? If they are killing patients, something has to be done.

Maybe until the hospital system is better, you could talk to someone, but not tell them the entire truth? Not lying, but omitting some of the truth so that you don't get hospitalized. If not, is there a chance you could request to be hospitalized elsewhere?

I am going to watch a movie. I need a distraction. I'm sorry. I am not trying to be rude or anything. If you need to talk more, you can PM me if you'd like. I will be checking back every so often. -offers kahlia a protective teddy-

Edit: Just so everyone knows, I am going to stay logged on here during my movie. Just to clear up confusion. Makes it easier for me to pop back in and check.

PsychoKitty2010 07-01-2011 04:08 AM

I love this song...it's such a classic! (It was on the movie I am watching)

PsychoKitty2010 07-01-2011 06:05 AM

I'm back just so everyone knows my movie is over.

Kahlia1981 07-01-2011 09:32 AM

kitty: our ward has literally killed people and been responsible for the deaths (directly and indirectly) of many others.
The following content has been hidden - Reason : Full details
we have had a significant number of people released because they were "well" who were tasered by police less than 24 hours later as they were psychotic - an impossibility even if they had immediately gone off their medication. people have been refused admission and then killed outside the psych ward by being held in dangerous positions and then administered od's of anti-psychotic medications - apparantly there was nothing wrong with them which is why they weren't admitted, but they were obviously unwell enough to require 6 security guards, 4 nurses and a doctor and antipsychotic medication ...

indirectly the ward has been responsible for more than 20 deaths due to suicide - and that is just the ones that have been proven because the suicides happened immediately after the people were turned away after asking for help. it is not uncommon for od's to be given to patients on the ward. i was put in this situation a number of times myself. if you become physically unwell on the ward they ignore it. at least two people (other than myself) that i know of ended up having to require blood transfusions because the nurses and doctors ignored physical symptoms.

they have been reported numerous times but it generally gets ignored. there is a court case at the moment for a gentlement who was killed in a method i mentioned above - it made it to all the papers in australia especially because they took him to a place where the security cameras couldn't see.

the other problem is that they alter patients notes. they removed sections of mine which i only know because i made a complaint to the hqcc (health quality complaints commission) - the highest body i could - and was told they could find no mention of the three od's the hospital gave me. fortunately for me the rest of what i was complaining about was there and the unit was severely reprimanded ... but all it really came down to was a slap on the wrist. another person i know went to the hqcc also but they told her that half of her file has disappeared.

i spoke with a friend today and she advised me also to sort of talk around the issue with my gp so that hospitalisation would not be so much of a concern - but to hopefully be more honest with my pdoc. she also told me to ring her if i started getting too bad again so i could have someone supportive to talk things through with because when i tried to reach out to someone before they told me they didn't want to talk and hung up even after i had admitted i was suicidal.

just hoping that things will settle down .. scared they might not. really sorry for putting this all on you guys. i know it's a lot and you don't need to deal with my bs. :-(

Doikers 07-01-2011 11:11 AM

*Hugs Kitty*
*Hugs Lia*
*Hugs Sarah*
*Hugs Kahlia* Please tell a Dr Hun , They could put in place a support network for you , thats what my team did for me .PM box Open for you always despite my advice maybe crap I'll always listen :)
*Hugs Crimson*
*Hugs Helen*
*Hugs Ian*
*Hugs Felicia*
*Hugs Heather* Nice new profile pic :)

Doikers 07-01-2011 12:48 PM

*Potters about the ward*

Doikers 07-01-2011 03:15 PM

*Spots and Hugs Kahlia*

one_step_closer 07-01-2011 04:10 PM

*hugs everyone* It's quiet in here now.

shadowedsoul 07-01-2011 04:15 PM

hugs all, then curls up.

MammaMia 07-01-2011 04:48 PM

*hugs ward*

misskitty112 07-01-2011 04:49 PM

Man, the ward's quiet today.

*hugs all*

FlyingNy 07-01-2011 04:56 PM

Boo. :)

misskitty112 07-01-2011 04:58 PM

Lia! *hugs* How're you?

MammaMia 07-01-2011 05:02 PM

*hugs Lia and Felicia*

Doikers 07-01-2011 05:12 PM

*Hugs Lindsay*

*Hugs Felicia*

*Hugs Helen*

*Hugs Lia*

*Hugs Jill*

How are you all?

FlyingNy 07-01-2011 05:13 PM

*Hugs Helen* Hey. You feeling better now? What was the matter?

*Hugs Felicia* Yo :) You alright?

I'm Ok atm. I didn't crash last night, phew, but I'm still afraid of it because even for me, I am taking this news far too well...

FlyingNy 07-01-2011 05:13 PM

Sorry Mark, posted as you did. *Hugs* Just explained about me, what about you?

SparkleKitten 07-01-2011 05:24 PM

Hey guys *cuddles ward* I bought some of those tone up trainers for my commute because they're so comfortable and good for my joints. Mums moaning because I already have shoes. She nags me to get more exercise, when I do something about it I get moaned at. AGH! Its so frustrating!

SparkleKitten 07-01-2011 05:31 PM

Meh, so hurt

misskitty112 07-01-2011 05:43 PM

*hugs Helen*
*Hugs Lia* I'm glad you're okay, atm.
*Hugs Sarah* I'm sorry that you're getting moaned at.