RYL Forums

RYL Forums (https://www.recoveryourlife.com/forum/index.php)
-   Veterans Board (https://www.recoveryourlife.com/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=34)
-   -   Virtual Psych ward! (https://www.recoveryourlife.com/forum/showthread.php?t=1312)

Doikers 14-02-2010 08:07 PM

*waves back* I'm Mark .

~*forever_broken*~ 14-02-2010 09:03 PM

Anyone need tea because I am in desperate need of a cup *bustles around in the kitchen and brings back a tea tray with tea, cocoa, coffee, biscuits, cakes, muffins, and anything else one might want*

Here go.

*retreats to her corner with her mug, blanket, pillow, and stuffed lamb and settles in for a good cry*

Kahlia1981 14-02-2010 09:21 PM

*hugs everyone*

Sorry no individual replies ...

My housemate went to the hospital last night. He ran out of his pain medication two days ago and was in agony. They gave him some to tide him over to when we meet up with the new GP today. My night was really broken. I slept from about 11:00 pm to 12:30 when he woke me, got back to sleep about 2:00 am and he woke me again at 3:00 am because he needed money for the cab. Then I woke at 4:00 am because I had to use the bathroom, then 4:30 am when my phone went off and then again at 6:30 am. I feel like I've OD'd on Xanax - even though I haven't. *sigh*

*disappears into a dark corner*

quiet1 14-02-2010 09:33 PM

Hey everyone. I am far too scatterbrained to reply to you individually. I am trying to take a nap but I have too much on my mind.

Am I the only one who plans SI? I wanted to cut today. I'm in a bad cycle again and I can't today cuz my bf is home but tomorrow he will be at work. I have all the time I want then. So wait till tomorrow. Except that is bad. I shouldn't be planning it. I should be trying to fight the thoughts. I feel seduced by it again. Somehow I'm trying to recreate a feeling I got from cutting last week that I hadn't felt for a very very long time. Years even.

Whatever. I am waffling and I don't know if there is even a point to me talking. Sorry

Imaginary_friend 14-02-2010 09:54 PM

nah quiet1 i do exactly the same.....
i wanna cut so much.
i wanna do so much more.....
urgh.

PoisonedApple 15-02-2010 01:06 AM

*cuddles everyone*
*hugs oliver* never be sorry to ask for a hug hun.

sorry i've been so... vacant... lately and haven't been around much. seems the worse i feel the more i steer clear of social or friend situations, even of the internet kind...

Ambs(: 15-02-2010 02:56 AM

*finds somewhere small and out of the way to sit and cries*

~*forever_broken*~ 15-02-2010 03:51 AM

AM I've been gone so long I'm not sure who all around here knows who I am any more (which is a little discouraging but my own fault, huh), lol.
You're not the first o be absent and you won't be the last. But it's good you're back *nods*. Yep. *hands the tea tray* good stuff on there.

PoisonedApple 15-02-2010 04:31 AM

FL~ I wasn't as much apologizing for absence as much as the vacantness when I was present... I'm sure I'm not the first or last for that either but still...

btw *extends hand and offers hug* I'm Crimson

~*forever_broken*~ 15-02-2010 05:22 AM

*hugs back* Crimson, I am Ally and it's nice to meet you :D
And I know the vacant-ness that you find yourself presenting some times doesn't help matters does it?

Kahlia1981 15-02-2010 08:00 AM

*cuddles everyone*

I'm getting near the end now ... Holding myself together with the remainder of what I have left. Getting so tired and damaged by what this life is throwing at me. I just want to hide away and cry the rest of me away.

~*forever_broken*~ 15-02-2010 08:09 AM

*cuddles Kahlia* Don't cry yourself away, luv. I'm sorry life's being so brutal right now and I sure wish I had something helpful to say but... *hugs*

Doikers 15-02-2010 10:57 AM

Quiet1 , I sometimes plan S.I. too, looking for that window when I can do it undisturbed. your definatly not alone in this . Sometimes I S.I. on impulse sometimes its planned . depends on my current where abouts whether I can get alone or if I have to bide my time until everyone is out of the house when I'm at my parents , I've rambled , hope this A) makes sense and B) Helps in some small way

Scarletdreamer 15-02-2010 10:59 AM

Welcome, Mark. :) *hands you a mug of tea since she's cold* :P That's what my mum always does - if she's cold, she's like, "Put on a sweatshirt, April!!" or if she's tired she's like, "Do you need a nap?" lol. Anyway, yes, welcome.

*cuddles Oliver* I'm sorry that she seems a bit more distant now, if it's not you imagining then it's probably just her getting used to the idea. I mean, it's a difficult one to really get used to, if you think about it. *more cuddles* How you doing today? ♥

*cuddles LauraStar* Urgh, 16 hours on one bit of coursework?! I should've spent that much time on my psych portfolio (due today, don't know how I'm going to get it done as I am totally uninspired!!). And you're NOT whinging about nothing, sweet, or whinging at all. You're just expressing how you feel about stuff. ♥

*cuddles Jocelyn* Sorry no one's replied to your post - glad things are going okay, and glad that you got a chance to post!! How are you feeling? did covering up the scars/new injuries work? Hope so... what's your favorite part about your job/internship/whatever-you-call-it? ♥

*cuddles Crimson* It's okay to be vacant once in awhile, both whilst you're here & whilst you're not. We all have those days I think. How are you doing today? :) ♥

*cuddles Ally* How're things going with you, love? ♥

*cuddles Kahlia* Don't cry yourself away, sweetie... I know the feeling but you've felt this way before, right? & it's always passed. So maybe this time it will pass as well? Just keep hoping I suppose... you can do it, you can make it through. ♥

*cuddles am-bear* What's wrong, hon? ♥

*cuddles quiet1 & LauraFriend* How're you two doing today? ♥

I hope I didn't miss anyone, & if I did, I'm sorry. So frickin' tired, been getting up at 4:30am the past few days as have been unable to sleep past then. It's so annoying and I am so exhausted by the time evening comes. Today I cancelled tutoring hours as well as therapy so I could get my psych portfolio done, as it's barely started - so I am going to need some caffeine, as much as it makes me anxious!! Grrrr.

My weekend was okay, didn't really do much except study for a health psych exam (am scared!! it's the first one, never had an upper div course with this prof, and it's a different kind of test than the ones I'm used to) and play on new toons on a different server on WoW. :) So yeh... it was an okay weekend, but didn't really do anything special for Valentine's Day despite the fact that I'm married. Oh well.

*hugs everyone & pops out*

Doikers 15-02-2010 11:19 AM

Hi Scarletdreamer , Thanks for the tea :) Everyone here is so nice , I'm staying a while if ok with you guys ?

MammaMia 15-02-2010 11:33 AM

*jumps on ally and cuddles lots*

Scarletdreamer 15-02-2010 12:02 PM

Sure, Mark, stay as long as you like. :) How are you doing today? *hugs if that's okay?*

*cuddles Helen* How're you doing, love?

Am listening to "Memento Mori" by Flyleaf (new album) now. This is a really good song:

Doikers 15-02-2010 12:08 PM

Hugs are always ok *Hugs ya back*
I'm really triggered today , feeling conflicted , Happy valentines day is over , I was happy Christmas was over too , makes me sound like scrooge :S Valentines day was lonley AND I forgot to watch the Rugby , I just totally forgot it was on .
I'm bidding on Flyeafs first album on ebay , we have good taste in music no?
Sorry to ramble.

Scarletdreamer 15-02-2010 12:14 PM

Oh, rambling is always fine too!! :D Flyleaf is the best. What's your favorite song that they've done? I think so far the one I posted is as it really hits close to home... because we ALL are treasures whether or not we feel like it. :) I got the album at Walmart where I was so excited to see it.

*more hugs* :)

I feel like such rubbish. Just posted in my r/v spot... gahh... I really am a ****ing slacker, hate myself so so much!!!! :crying:

Doikers 15-02-2010 12:28 PM

Well I'm just getting into them but I LOVE the song Cassie.
*hugs* Sorry you feel so low