RYL Forums

RYL Forums (https://www.recoveryourlife.com/forum/index.php)
-   Creativity and Reviews (https://www.recoveryourlife.com/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=23)
-   -   What book are you reading or just read? (https://www.recoveryourlife.com/forum/showthread.php?t=1850)

Ghost Dude 30-12-2009 04:25 PM

I'm just about to start reading Pride and Prejudice and Zombies, my mum got it for me for Christmas.

Phoebo 30-12-2009 05:49 PM

i just read the apprentice by tess gerritsen and about to start vanish also by tess gerritsen

PrincessVegeta_x 30-12-2009 05:59 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by frenchhorn (Post 2045517)
currently reading The god delusion-Richard Dawkins
amazing book, best ever

I've just read that recently, about a month ago! It's so deep, isn't it?

I'm just about to start reading Club Dead by Charlaine Harris. Just finished reading The Three Musketeers by Alexandre Dumas. Such a long book but worth it.
=]

makedamnsure 30-12-2009 08:48 PM

I've read god delusion but didn't think it was that well thought out.
Anyway I'm now reading (for about the hundredth time) The Outsider by Albert Camus.
It is so short that you can read it quite quickly and it is absolutely incredible. Not very happy but interesting and absorbing. Everyone please please read it.

Datura. 30-12-2009 10:27 PM

Wuthering Heights. It's actually very good :) (Plus I feel like a literary genius for reading it :B)
x x x x

silverfaerychild 31-12-2009 02:25 AM

Chloe doe by Suzanne P

then after that " Go ask alice " < Great book

then after that " Cut " < great book ..but i forgot the authors name

and then I HOPE to..be able to read " Blood promise" by Richelle mead

and I've also read " Aimee " by Mary beth Miller < sad but great book..

sherlock holmes 31-12-2009 02:17 PM

Just finished The Book of Tomorrow by Cecelia Ahern.

crazykat 31-12-2009 02:19 PM

Just started reading 'Dear Eddie' by Danny Russell

Athiri 01-01-2010 03:53 AM

Tiny Acts of Rebellion by Rich Fulcher :D

Sparky! 01-01-2010 03:57 AM

now reading ' voluntary madness: my year lost and found in the loony bin' by norah vincent.

Devil Girl 02-01-2010 08:54 PM

I finished Inkheart so now I'm reading Cutting - Understanding & Overcoming Self-Mutilation By Steven Levenkron

It's okay, nothing special. But Inkheart was amazing!

Feel_Good_inc. 02-01-2010 11:11 PM

I'm currently reading The Dumb Witness by Agatha Christie. A Hercule Poirot story.
It's slow going because I've recently read 7 Stephen King novels in a row and the change in style has thrown me a little. But I am enjoying it.

Wonderful. 03-01-2010 08:22 PM

Wednesday's Child-Shane Dunphey (Just read)

Hidden- Cathy Glass. (Just read)

Poppy Shakespeare- Clare Allen. (Reading)

Sparky! 03-01-2010 11:36 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Devil Girl (Post 2068497)
I finished Inkheart so now I'm reading Cutting - Understanding & Overcoming Self-Mutilation By Steven Levenkron

It's okay, nothing special. But Inkheart was amazing!

I read 'Cutting' a while ago, hated it! I wanna read 'Inkheart'.

'Voluntary Madness' was good, pretty interesting and I like how she writes. Would definitely recommend it.

Now reading 'Poppy Shakespeare' - Clare Allan.

Devil Girl 03-01-2010 11:42 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by void. (Post 2070949)
I read 'Cutting' a while ago, hated it! I wanna read 'Inkheart'.

'Voluntary Madness' was good, pretty interesting and I like how she writes. Would definitely recommend it.

Now reading 'Poppy Shakespeare' - Clare Allan.

It's just that Cutting is an older book and also he thinks he is amazing at bonding and creating trusting relationships with his patients, as you see in his 'fiction' books where you know he is making himself out to be an amazing therapist....

You read so fast!

I have also started Neuromancer by William Gibson

I want to read Poppy Shakespeare after seeing the channel 4 adaption. Let me know what its like!

[Purple_Rain] 03-01-2010 11:45 PM

Quote:

Just read Lost Symbol by Dan Brown
Same, Was ok - it's better than digital fortress and deception point, but probably not as good as the davinci code and angles and deamons - though i did read these a few years back, so maybe its just the fact i've grown up a bit since then. The lost symbol is a bit more grusome though, be warned. Even more grusome than angels and demons.

Sparky! 03-01-2010 11:53 PM

Hmm, yeah I think you're right. I've never read a book about self-harm that I actually like so it's probably nothing to do with him really.

Haha, I don't read that fast I just have nothing else to do with myself =P

I wanted to read it after seeing it on TV as well. I've only read a couple of chapters - they're really short - but it's hard to get into so far, because of the style - it's written like she speaks in the film version. If I can get into it I think it'll be good.

What's 'Neuromancer' like? I hadn't heard of it, just looked it up, it sounds pretty good.

I am so happy to be reading again, lol. =]

Vivica 04-01-2010 12:00 AM

Reading: Matthew Reilly- "Temple"
It's good, but I just haven't been in a reading mood recently (who me!? :O)
And of course I much prefer his 'Scarecrow' series.
It's going to be so good when I have an actual residence (I'm looking after my uncle for around 3 more weeks and then my parents and I move into our new house, so excited) so I can join a library and save me some money!

Devil Girl 04-01-2010 12:21 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by void. (Post 2070990)
Hmm, yeah I think you're right. I've never read a book about self-harm that I actually like so it's probably nothing to do with him really.

Haha, I don't read that fast I just have nothing else to do with myself =P

I wanted to read it after seeing it on TV as well. I've only read a couple of chapters - they're really short - but it's hard to get into so far, because of the style - it's written like she speaks in the film version. If I can get into it I think it'll be good.

What's 'Neuromancer' like? I hadn't heard of it, just looked it up, it sounds pretty good.

I am so happy to be reading again, lol. =]

I've only read the first chapter of Neuromancer - but its the whole matrix idea. Slightly confused by all the place names and people and ideas cause so much seems to be getting chucked at me just now. But think I will like it!

Cool cool, hope you get into it! I am glad to be reading again but I have had pretty much 4 years of struggling to read now....so hoping to just keep going now I'm starting to again! Also I find if I watch 'Matilda' it always puts me in the mood to read!

Vivica - I love libraries! I love the one in my home town and now I am home for the year I think I will start using it again as I can pop in after work! Yey!

wigglemuffin 04-01-2010 12:36 AM

I've just finished Pride and Prejudice by Jane Austen and I really enjoyed. I'm now starting to read Hamlet by Shakespeare.