RYL Forums

RYL Forums (https://www.recoveryourlife.com/forum/index.php)
-   Veterans Board (https://www.recoveryourlife.com/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=34)
-   -   Virtual Psych ward! (https://www.recoveryourlife.com/forum/showthread.php?t=1312)

MammaMia 17-12-2008 02:14 PM

I'm glad it's help you hun. Don't let the people on the other forum get to you, maybe people haven't had chance to reply? Or maybe they're not sure what to say? (I'm not sure what kind of forum it is, so forgive me if I'm wrong). Maybe leaving for a while might help you? But you're not asking too much. Remember you'll ALWAYS be welcome here babe, and if not, I'm always welcoming you with open arms :) Don't shut up? Keep talking to us. You're welcome sweetie. Loves you more :p Hahaha me worth the worry? Bless xxx

zowie 17-12-2008 02:16 PM

****. They're trying to kick me out of college.
Looks like I'm never gonna get to uni.

Snuffles 17-12-2008 02:17 PM

(It's a forum for 'mummies and daddies and those on their way there'). Have made one good friend from there, she lives near me in fact <3 Maybe thats why.. but I did write that just after the other chick wrote her thread, she's up to two pages already and I haven't had a reply =( I've been thinking of having a break from there. Am going to take advantage of the fact I'll be home for about a week. I know I'll still have the net but I can use that time NOT to go on there. Thanks Helen. Am just having one of those nights hey... hate them >_<

Hope you is going ok *cuddles*

Snuffles 17-12-2008 02:18 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by zowie (Post 1291592)

Oh no... *cuddles you* How come? Sorry if I'm ignorant to the situation..
*hugs* )=

MammaMia 17-12-2008 02:25 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by zowie (Post 1291592)

Whhhhy?

Quote:

Originally Posted by Snuffles (Post 1291597)
(It's a forum for 'mummies and daddies and those on their way there'). Have made one good friend from there, she lives near me in fact <3 Maybe thats why.. but I did write that just after the other chick wrote her thread, she's up to two pages already and I haven't had a reply =( I've been thinking of having a break from there. Am going to take advantage of the fact I'll be home for about a week. I know I'll still have the net but I can use that time NOT to go on there. Thanks Helen. Am just having one of those nights hey... hate them >_<

Hope you is going ok *cuddles*

Ahhh, I understand now. Maybe you can keep in contact with the friend who's near you on msn and anyone else you want and not post on the forum. But you're right, you have the advantage of going home :) :P Ahhh those kinda nights suck but you have me making it all better :woot: *cuddles*

Snuffles 17-12-2008 02:27 PM

I do!! I'm so lucky!!! Hehe!! *snuggles*

ravynsoul 17-12-2008 02:36 PM

hi, *hugs for everyone*

Katie I'm sorry that people aren't being nice on the other forum; I hope you feel welcome here..

Zowie - what's happening with college?

Kahlia - Congrats on getting into school!! That's awesome :)

Ally - thanks for the hugs; I really needed them... hoping today looks better...

Helen sorry to hear you're triggered... hope the feeling passes quickly..

Hope you're feeling better soon Mary Anne

I'm sorry; I'm sure I forgot to reply to someone; I'm having a hard time keeping up with this thread! so lots of *hugs* to everyone... I'll try to check in later...

take care
take care

zowie 17-12-2008 02:37 PM

Because of my mental health, I've had quite a lot of absences. They say they have no concrete proof that I will pass the exams (eg. essays etc.) so they've told me I'm being kicked off.
I have a meeting tomorrow with the guy who's in charge of this decision, and I'm hoping I'll be able to convince him to let me stay. But my tutor said the desicion is pretty much final.

I'm really upset at the moment. x

Snuffles 17-12-2008 02:43 PM

Thanks ravynsoul! Hope your doing ok!

Zowie- *cuddles* I don't know what to say, I hope all goes ok tomorrow! Huge hugs though!

zowie 17-12-2008 02:54 PM

Thanks Katie *weak smile*
I hope tomorrow goes okay too xx

Seraphsigh 17-12-2008 03:49 PM

Good luck Zowie, I'm crossing my fingers.
*snuggles all*
*retreats back to corner and falls asleep*

MammaMia 17-12-2008 04:44 PM

*also crosses fingers etc for Zowie*

Mary Anne 17-12-2008 06:53 PM

*leaves hugs and a lucky charm for Zowie*

away to hide under the duvet, it is freezing and I feel poop

Damnation. 17-12-2008 09:34 PM

>_o Fingers crossed as well, Zowie.

And GOD DAMN. This computer is seriously trying my patience today. And I had none to start off with *kicks it down the stairs*

Seraphsigh 18-12-2008 12:08 AM

*gives P.C.'s PC a swift kick*
Teehee. I crack myself up.
Mary Anne, sweetie, do you have some soup and some tea and maybe some TheraFlu or other such substance? I hope you start to feel better soon!!

I'm feeling kind of okay at the moment because I'm drunk.
*stares off into space*

Damnation. 18-12-2008 12:29 AM

Lol, thanks Monarkh, it really needs it

Kahlia1981 18-12-2008 01:04 AM

*crosses fingers for zowie*

My back is giving me hell this morning ... I think one of the vertebrae aren't in the right place. Either that or the mattress I'm currently sleeping on is giving me back pain. Either is possible with me.

A big thankyou to everyone regarding my last post.

*curls up in the corner after taking a strong painkiller and attempts to sleep*

ravynsoul 18-12-2008 01:25 AM

*wanders back in*

Sorry to hear you are still not feeling well Mary Anne! Hope it passes soon.

Kahlia, I get sore backs all the time; it definitely sucks... sometimes I find heat on my back works *makes hot water bottle ready just in case*

*crosses fingers for zowie and curses at p.c.'s computer for good measure*

Thanks Katie; I'm feeling somewhat better today... got my hair cut and dyed...definitely felt nice to be pampered.

*curls back up in the warm corner and continues doodling*

Damnation. 18-12-2008 01:43 AM

Kahlia: x_o Eeee, back pain is horrible. Hope you can get that sorted out soon D:

Ravyn: ;o Sounds awesome, what colour'd you dye it? *Nosy*

Snuffles 18-12-2008 01:58 AM

Morning everyone *waves*

Good luck Zowie.. I do hope it goes well today for you *cuddles* Stay strong!

Hope your feeling better too Mary Anne *Cuddles for you* Keep warm! I envy you, it is flipping hot here! Wanna trade?? Lol

Kicks Daynas PC... man comps can real pains hey!! Why do we need them haha!

Sorry to hear about back pain Kahlia, my bf has a really stuffed back (scoliosis (sp?) etc) so he can really sympathise! We had to get a mattress that was going to be good on his back. Thankfully I like it too :D

Ravynsoul- glad your feeling better! Getting pampered is awesome!! Hehe, my hair is long over due for a cut tehehe, bet yours looks lovely!

Well I woke up early today.. don't ask me why, didn't even sleep till 2am yet my body was wide awake at 6:30?? Soo tired, still feeling a bit crap but I get to go out shopping today and finish (well hopefully) off the xmas shopping. Kinda forgot about a few presents to get (whoops!). Then I might read some Twilight or something. We've decided to leave on the 22nd. Holy crap it's only a few days away! Argh! So much to do! But YAY I get to see my family! My only concern is whether my BF can handle being at his home for a week and a half.. hmm.. we'll work it out. Anyways, will stop my rambling. Hope you all have a good day/night. Am going to try to pop in everyday instead of being a random lol!! *cuddles*

ravynsoul 18-12-2008 02:02 AM

Hi Dayna, it's like brightish red maybe with an orange tint... not really sure how to explain it.. but I looove it... my mom's ok with it and my dad doesn't really think it's great at all.. lol... it's a good thing it's my hair.... how's the pc working now?

Good Morning Katie... twlight is a great series.. I loved it :) good luck with the xmas shopping

Snuffles 18-12-2008 02:16 AM

Haha dad's are never too sure when you dye your hair haha!

Am going to buy the rest of the books today as well hopefully. I only bought the first one in the small hope I wouldn't like it. But I do.. and if it turns out I don't like them, maybe I'll just give them to my sister or something? Haha.

Xmas shopping... it is good when you know what your going to buy! But I have to buy something for dads best friend and my best friend and I have no clue! Dad just said to get him chocolates, but I want to get him something that means just a tad bit more ;) Oh well.. any excuse to get out of the house and go shopping! *shock* Did I actually say that? Whoa............ I am feeling better... damn... haha

Damnation. 18-12-2008 02:34 AM

Ravyn: Actually, it's a lot better (must've been all the kicks! XDD). A friend of mine was like 'OMGYOUNEEDTHIS *slaps with link*' so I've got this system pack that this crusty old comp was missing, and it's a hell of a lot better o__o;;. And yer hair sounds amazing btw <3

And uh oh, did I see the word Twilight? XD. I has a friend who's obsessed with it, lol

Kahlia1981 18-12-2008 02:35 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Snuffles (Post 1292976)
Sorry to hear about back pain Kahlia, my bf has a really stuffed back (scoliosis (sp?) etc) so he can really sympathise! We had to get a mattress that was going to be good on his back. Thankfully I like it too :D

Thanks Katie ... yeah I have spina bifida occulta in my lower spine, scoliosis in my upper spine and lax ligaments throughout my body which makes it kind of hard to keep my vertebrae in line. It would not surprise me if I had athritis in my spine as well. Except for my size I tend to take after my nanna. I have a special mattress for my back, but it's at my old flat.

Quote:

Originally Posted by .Poisonous.Cyanide. (Post 1292949)
Kahlia: x_o Eeee, back pain is horrible. Hope you can get that sorted out soon D:

Me too P.C. I hope that your computer starts playing ball.

Quote:

Originally Posted by ravynsoul (Post 1292889)
Kahlia, I get sore backs all the time; it definitely sucks... sometimes I find heat on my back works *makes hot water bottle ready just in case*

I've just taken a strong painkiller and it's not quite so bad, but yeah my lower spine often needs head and massage - although a whole heap of physiotherapists won't touch my spine in case they do damage.

To anyone else I've missed I hope you are having a good day/night. I'm willing to swap the heat we have here for any cold weather anyone is getting sick of. Lol

Damnation. 18-12-2008 04:17 AM

Kahlia: You have heat?! That just might be an offer I'll have to take you up on when our heating goes off again, lmao

Snuffles 18-12-2008 07:16 AM

Lol.. I'll gladly give you mine as well. Our air con doesn't seem to be working >_< Just got back from the shops.. and phooey you can tell it's xmas.. far out. I think we were out for four hours.. geez. I think I've got everything as well. I bought a nice box of choccies for dads bestie.. didnt get my bestie anything. Will be going to Koorong when I go home (in NSW) and getting some more stuff for dads bestie. I got the 2nd book of twilight (yes you heard right :P) got tablets for bf as he has a migraine, got a new ds game- Harry Potter (was the cheapest its been :O) what else.. got bf a jack daniels coffee mug and chocolates and got my siblings an angel ornament each for the tree to remember mum by :D

Now we're home. Gonna try out my new game woohoo! I'm feeling alright at the moment.. cept for the heat >_<

zowie 18-12-2008 10:02 AM

Thanks for crossing your fingers everyone!
Got my meeting in an hour, feeling very nervous. I drank so much yesterday because I was feeling so crappy, now I feel pretty sick.
Silly me x

Snuffles 18-12-2008 10:14 AM

Awwwww *cuddles* Will be thinking of you xxx

MammaMia 18-12-2008 10:22 AM

*cuddles everyone*

Ha someone had nearly 12 hours sleep at a reasonable time last night. But I feel like I have ZILCH energy to move, must have been all that hyperness yesterday, dammit. :P

Snuffles 18-12-2008 10:24 AM

Haha good on you! Would you mind sharing some sleep =P I'm still living on 4 hours hehe! Early night for me. me thinks =D

MammaMia 18-12-2008 10:25 AM

*gives Katie some sleep*

:P

Mary Anne 18-12-2008 02:02 PM

Hope it went okay Zowie.

I would swap with any of you in a hot place, it is chucking down with rain here (and in the windows in my office leak - cheapskate company won't fix them!) Flu seems to be on the way out thank goodness, still making me really tired but it is a justifiable excuse to curl up on the couch with hot choc later.

Sympathy for anyone with a sore back, I was born with sculoisis (sp!)

*hugs for everyone*

Detour. Derail 18-12-2008 03:30 PM

*digs around in an old cupboard*
*finds denial tent*
*dusts it off*
*hides in it for the rest of forever*

ravynsoul 18-12-2008 06:24 PM

*hugs everyone*

How is everyone today? I must say I am loving my new hair...definitely has picked me up! :) Dayna and Katie - would love warm weather... a winter storm is heading my way tonite/tomorrow with like 15-20 cms of snow... *shivers in anticipation*

Zowie - how did your appointment go? *Fingers still crossed for good luck*
Katie - How's your new game? Hope you're enjoying it!
Helen - I hear you with sleeping lots and still having no energy... if you can find out the secret to getting more energy, please share!
Mary Anne - glad to hear you're starting to feel better, sucks though about the rain! :(
VoiceofReason - lots of hugs... why are you in the denial tent, hun?

*lots of hugs to everyone*
I'll check in later... after work.. just on lunch now..

take care all...

MammaMia 18-12-2008 09:57 PM

*joins Alexx in denial tent*

I'm off to bed people :P It's been a very busy day and been up for nearly 12 hours now :O:P

Damnation. 18-12-2008 11:44 PM

x_____________o I think I ought to start thinking about going off to see the qua-...doctor again.

Ravyn: ;o Snow! Nice! Been yeaaaars since I last saw proper snow ._.

Pomegranate 18-12-2008 11:57 PM

*helps resurrect the denial tent before crawling back inside and hiding under a pile of duvets* Good to see you around Alexx and welcome to all the new people in psych ward x

ravynsoul 19-12-2008 01:08 AM

Wow! I can't imagine not having snow at some point Dayna.... well, we're likely to get plenty of snow... the weatherman is calling it "snow-meggdon" not even joking!!

*cuddles in warm duvets for warmth*

kinda hoping though that it doesn't snow till after I go to work, cuz otherwise I have to help spread straw in the chicken barns.. :S Not looking forward to that....

Damnation. 19-12-2008 01:24 AM

Ravyn: We get more rain than snow here =D. Gotta love Britain, lmao. But bleugh, straw and chicken farms sounds pretty crap. Can't say I blame you for not looking forwards to that

ravynsoul 19-12-2008 01:47 AM

Dayna: lol, I think I'd take snow over rain :)
ya, I love farm life.... but definitely don't look forward to some of the chores... ah, well.. what can ya do, eh?

*snuggles deeper into duvets* how is everyone feeling tonite/today [sorry i get messed up by the time zones]

Kahlia1981 19-12-2008 01:57 AM

*sneaks in and looks for a spare corner where she can get away from the heat and humidity*

It's so gosh-darned humid today here .... and I've partly cleaned two different rooms. I decided to make a start in one room because the dust was starting to get to me. I want to use the washing machine, but our landlady is using it so that will have to wait. I'm currently sitting infront of the fan in my room attempting to cool myself down somewhat. Not sure that it's going to work. I do have the possibility of switching on the aircon in this room, but I'd really rather not considering I have a cold, and that would keep reinfecting me. Which would not be fun.

Anyway, I hope everyone is doing well and have managed/are managing some decent sleep.

Just remembered : I'd love to see snow again. I haven't seen any since I was in Montreal. :( North Queensland weather really sucks.

Damnation. 19-12-2008 02:05 AM

Kahlia: Stick ice cubes down yer top, or summat. That's what I do =D

Ravyn: Oooh, I dunno. I love the rain, personally. I'm weird, I seem to enjoy looking like a drowned rat, lmao. And eh, I think I'm surviving. Just. Been very unstable for what feels like a couple of weeks now. How about you?

Snuffles 19-12-2008 02:28 AM

Kahlia- its sposed to be 37 here today :\ Not looking forward to it. Thank god for Air Cons!!!!!!

Snow... ahhh pure bliss... Love it! I miss it =(

Hope everyone is ok. Just a short one from me. Have been enjoying my game, got pain in my tummy though =(

BoundNoMore 19-12-2008 02:35 AM

Katie... I didn't know you changed your screen name.
Your new one is absolutely adorable!!!! <3
***cuddles***

Pomegranate 19-12-2008 02:36 AM

I am sorry for being an attention whore when I have been so ***** at advice recently. Just picked an argument about 'weird' i.e people who act and dress differently people' with my flatmates. I have felt crap today, all day. I have a mission but it is a scary one...

ravynsoul 19-12-2008 02:44 AM

i'll be sure to update you on the status of the snow here... maybe you can feel cooler by reading about it :)

Sorry to hear that you've been feeling unstable Dayna... hope things stablize for you soon... *hugs* i don't think liking rain is weird.. i like it too; just not this time of the year when it's sooo cold..eugh!

I thought i was doing good today... then seemed to emotionally crash late afternoon; doesn't help I have a pounding headache :S

Emma, you are not an attention whore!! *offers hugs* don't feel bad at all about needing to talk... sorry, my head's somewhat foggy.. you were arguing about your flatmates about people who act/dress differently? What exactly do you mean.. like sterotyping them? sorry, just trying to understand.. what do you mean about a mission *is nosy*

*hugs for everyone*

Snuffles 19-12-2008 03:34 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by BoundNoMore (Post 1295367)
Katie... I didn't know you changed your screen name.
Your new one is absolutely adorable!!!! <3
***cuddles***

Changed it round the same time as you changed yours! hehe thanks :D *cuddles*

Emma, your not an attention seeking whore *cuddles*

Damnation. 19-12-2008 03:42 AM

Pomegranate: (or Emma, I presume?) I don't really know you that well, but you don't come across as an attention whore to me. And it seems that others in here agree

Ravyn: Thanks *hugs back* I think I know what the problem is, I'm just not 100%. It's likely that things are niggling at me subconsciously, because consciously, I don't have a reason for my mood swings, feeling massively triggered and the like. So it fails ._.;

Kahlia1981 19-12-2008 04:24 AM

Katie : Just wanted to say that I adore your new screen name. :wow: Oh, and definitely thank the lord for aircon!! Oh that reminds me .... what are you studying presently (if you don't mind me asking) *is nosy*

Emma : You don't come across as an "attention seeking whore" - you are having a hard time at the moment, and it's not always possible to give support when you are like that. We all have times like that. *offers you hugs*

.P.C. : (Sorry not sure of your name) Hmmmm ice cubes might be an option I'll try out. I just hope it doesn't make my cold worse lol. I've been showering with freezing cold water when things get too bad. :cool: Thanks for the suggestion. :D

Helen : I hope you have had some decent sleep. *crosses fingers that you don't wake up more tired than you were before you went to sleep*

Ravyn : Oh definitely keep us updated on the status of the snow .... I love snow. It's been years since I've seen it since we don't get it here in the tropics of Australia.

*hugs everyone*

Damnation. 19-12-2008 04:35 AM

Kahlia: My name's Däyna xD. O__O Showering with cold water? You're a damn sight braver than I am!