RYL Forums

RYL Forums (https://www.recoveryourlife.com/forum/index.php)
-   Veterans Board (https://www.recoveryourlife.com/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=34)
-   -   Virtual Psych ward! (https://www.recoveryourlife.com/forum/showthread.php?t=1312)

SoMuchMore 07-04-2010 08:38 PM

yea.. but Wednesday does mean that it is getting to the weekend! woot woot! lol.

This chocolate bar thing reminded me that i'm going to a dessert party tomorrow night. Kinda wish i could bring some of the ward's virtual goodies to the party and bring some of the real life goodies into the ward :-)

Doikers 07-04-2010 08:43 PM

*Grabs some Camomille tea*
Hi Laura and Crimson *waves*
I had a social worker appoinment today , I never know what to say to him unless I'm in a crisis , I just talked rubbish and touched on the fact that I struggle to get out I bed in the morning because I "don't want to" which just makes me sound and feel lazy but it's so hard ,I've no motivation. No concentration either and my mood is all over the place *sigh*
Now I want to harm ......
I'm 30 this year for crying out loud I should be a better person than this.
Sorry to whinge :S

MammaMia 07-04-2010 08:50 PM

*gives everyone cuddles*

SoMuchMore 07-04-2010 08:50 PM

*hugs mark* you are not whinging.. And I dont think you sound lazy.. sleep problems mess with a lot of people, especially those of us that struggle with mental health issues. I think its good that you are seeing a social worker tho, even if you dont know what to say all the time.

*hugs nicole and oliver*

*waves to helen* i see you!

PoisonedApple 07-04-2010 08:54 PM

*waves* Hi Mark!
It isn't laziness! ...wow that feels hypocritical since I say it makes me lazy too.... but it isn't laziness. You're just struggling and depression does that to us. And as for the age thing... I'm 28 this year and I'm struggling too... Think of it this way (I know easier said than done) you are getting help so you are being a better person, you aren't just sitting there wallowing and martyring yourself.
*hugs and hopes that makes sense*

LOL Laura... I actually refer to Thursdays as Almost Friday LOL.
I wanna go to a dessert party now... but then I'd probably start getting panicky and have to leave anyways. *pout* Some days I hate being me...

jonikd 07-04-2010 09:16 PM

*pops in to say hi* Would be good to get to know you all a bit better, time zones play a part in that I'm just starting work for the day, and can't really sit on RYL all day ...if I want to keep my job anyway lol.

Hope everyone has a good day/night wherever you are and I'll pop back into the ward tonight and see what's been going on.

*cuddles and leaves*
JK

PoisonedApple 07-04-2010 09:24 PM

*waves at JK*
It's noon30 here :)

MammaMia 07-04-2010 10:19 PM

*waves top everyone*

Sorry I'm quiet. Not been the best of days re: certain things && just found out my best friend's in hospital again.

Strawberry.Bananas 07-04-2010 10:19 PM

For God Sake, somebody needs to shoot me quite seriously...or beat some sense into me at least.

Any Takers?

*Walks out of ward sulking and sits in the rain*

PoisonedApple 07-04-2010 10:27 PM

Well Vicki I won't shoot or beat you but keep talking like that and you'll get a good swat on the bottom. Wanna talk about it?

It's okay to be quiet Helen... I have days like that all the time. Feel free to PM, yeah?

*cuddles everyone and runs away*

MammaMia 07-04-2010 10:38 PM

Vicki, I'm not shooting or beating you either. What's up darling???

Thanks angelic :)

PoisonedApple 07-04-2010 11:09 PM

How irksome... I think smacking my head against a brick wall'd be less painful than dealing with the veteran's administration... Kinda pathetic really.

All I wanna do is get a primary care physician! Well then have him or her refer me to mental health and physical therapy for my respective current problems but still I had to call my local VA get hung up on mid-sentence and transferred to voice mail, then call the main office in Kansas to get my info verified and transferred back to anchorage (at least she made sure someone was on the line before hanging up) then told I need to come in and take time out of work to make an appt so I can take more time out of work to go to the appt! FML
/whining

PoisonedApple 07-04-2010 11:25 PM

Craptastic! I just looked up the VA's hours... They close a half hour before I get out of work and it's a half drive so all in all I have to leave more than an hour before I get out of work or they'll be closed.

Scarletdreamer 08-04-2010 02:21 AM

Hi everyone...

Sorry to see so many people struggling... :( That really sucks. I wish I could help each & every one of you, as I've said before...

*cuddles all* Sorry no individual replies, it's late here and bedtime for me. I just want to cry... been an emotional night. I'll write about it tomorrow if you want me to...

:crying:

Just feel like ****...

SoMuchMore 08-04-2010 02:26 AM

*cuddles april* feel free to talk about whatever you want to share. Im sorry that uve had a rough day.

*hugs vicki* as everyone has said, nobody is going to be shooting you here. U alright?

*hugs helen* its okay to be quiet sometimes.. heck i left for 2 weeks awhile ago, we understand that sometimes u just dont want to talk.

*cuddles crimson* That sucks that the VA is being so unhelpful.

I am baking. yum!
*hides in the ward kitchen*

seeking grace 08-04-2010 02:58 AM

any room for a new member of the ward?

frenchhorn 08-04-2010 03:17 AM

hi seeking grace, welcome. *waves* how are you?

seeking grace 08-04-2010 03:19 AM

not doing well.
but i suppose it could be worse.
how about you?

frenchhorn 08-04-2010 03:26 AM

not doing so great either, it 3.30am here and I'm still wide awake.
anything you want to talk about?

SoMuchMore 08-04-2010 03:32 AM

*hugs grace* of course! there is always room. Welcome! *offers snacks*

*hugs oliver* I'm sry that you can't get to sleep. U alright? (i know u said u arent great.. but.. i thought id ask anyway)