RYL Forums

RYL Forums (https://www.recoveryourlife.com/forum/index.php)
-   Veterans Board (https://www.recoveryourlife.com/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=34)
-   -   Virtual Psych ward! (https://www.recoveryourlife.com/forum/showthread.php?t=1312)

effervescence 06-06-2008 03:16 AM

had 1st exam this morning. eugh.

where is amanda? haven't seen her around in ages, i want to show her how well her OFOSH thread is doing

~*forever_broken*~ 06-06-2008 04:08 AM

*scoots over next to Emma-carefully cause she's tipsy-and gives her a massive hug and more wine* Because we both know how well THAT works *rolls her eyes at herself and takes another drink*

~*forever_broken*~ 06-06-2008 04:29 AM

*stares vacantly forward*
Oh dear. I'm a little too calm when I think about taking my blade to my wrist, pressing down hard, doing it again and again until I get it right...
*pulls knees to her chest, wraps her arms around them and places her head on her knees*

effervescence 06-06-2008 04:52 AM

no ally nononononononoooo you can't :'(
please don't.
i'm trying not to and if i'm trying then you have to as well. because i said so.

blondiebear 06-06-2008 05:34 AM

I am absolutely incensed, livid. The 17 year old I'd made such an effort to help has decided she doesn't trust me. I've spent every evening on this vacation making sure I'm there to help. She has asked me to remove her from my family so I have.

Four months and new beads or not, I'm ready to turn my arm into hamburger. I hope I won't. But I sure want to.

This was just another codependent moment in a life time of them. I'm such a stupid needy moron. Maybe it is time to get "needy" tattooed someplace. My forehead?

I'm missing my guys from the thursday night meeting like anything too. My ears are burning.

~*forever_broken*~ 06-06-2008 06:08 AM

Chloe, I won't... It's just that... I'm too calm... It's weird, I've never been this calm about it... I mean, I'm kinda flat so that might have something to do with it.. *sigh*
10 days till I can call and make a therapy appointment... And I'm gonna make it for that Monday if I can get it... Of course, by then there will be no reason to tell him so... *shrug*
*snuggles you* I am glad your are resisting the urge luv.

*massive hugs for RYL mom*
Oh Susan, I bet you're feeling pretty lousy right now... Must seem like such a betrayal. Is this the same gal who's family didn't want you to contact her? Do you think it could be pressure from them?
I'm sorry hun, that sucks.

*retreats to her corner with her blanket, pillow, cat, what's left of her wine, and water... Lots of water*

blondiebear 06-06-2008 06:25 AM

Yeah, same person. It is more than her family but it is inappropriate to discuss it.

Tonight's step in the step study I go to is "Became willing to have God remove all these defects of character."

I think being needy is a defect, it causes me so much grief. But it just seems to get worse.

~*forever_broken*~ 06-06-2008 06:51 AM

Hmmm, well then I won't ask. I was just wondering... Actually I was playing psychology major so I apologise :blush:

Well it sounds like you've taken the first step there though and that's realising that it's a problem to begin with. Is there any one who might be able to help you deal with it? Talk it out? I'm not thinking it'll be a conversation over coffee or anything but...
*hugs*
:yawn: Sorry, dear RYL mother, I need to catch some sleep... Damn depressed mood brings a lack of energy:pinch:

*retreats to the denial tent and crawls into her cot*

Pomegranate 06-06-2008 12:59 PM

I am such an idiot. I may have just managed to hopefully pass my German exam but it doesn't matter because I just found out in stead of having to average a pass on each module with essays and presentations included we also have to pass an exam. This means instead of needing 11% in my pm exam to average a pass in my hardest module, I now need 40% plus. Which doesn't sound hard except I went to literally about 1/4 of the lectures and have done hardly any work because I a) couldn't concentrate or focus and b) thought I only needed 11%. I am officially ****ed. I am going to get thrown out of university and my Dad said if I fail I have to get a job and sort myself out living, money etc etc. I can't handle that right now :crying: :crying: :crying:

What happened to the scholarship, straight A, award winning student? Now I am worried about scraping 40%. Less than 80% used be a let down.

irkeninvader 06-06-2008 01:04 PM

*hugs you* You might do better than you expect hun, some of the information has probably sunk in without you realising. Is it too late to get the special consideration thing they sometimes do if you're having problems with uni work? (sorry the wording is bad, my head's not working too well this morning) Have you already had this exam that you have to get 40% in? (again, sorry cos i'm sure i've seen you mention it before but I'm so tired today) If they won't give you the special circumstances thing (damn my memory...) will you be able to resit? They can't throw you out without giving you a chance to get your marks back up can they?

Sorry that was longer than I intended. Hope you're okay x

Detour. Derail 06-06-2008 02:11 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by ~*forever_lost*~ (Post 824411)
Jess luv, he's an abusive ass and you need to get out of there sweetie. I know it's hard but I am glad to see that you are aware of the dangers of your situation and want out. Most folks in situations like this are unaware, mostly because they want to be...
*snuggles*

*waves at Emma*

I see you :-D *hands you some of her wine* only have a bottle but *shrug*

Glad I'm not the only one!!!
Abuse doesnt have to be physical hun....
It can be emotional....you know...guilt tripping people...making them feel awful about themselves...

Quote:

Originally Posted by Pomegranate (Post 824458)
*hugs Ally* thank you hun, a bottle would be great (or two)

Can I have some hugs or something from someone please? I posted earlier in here but am still feeling crappy and dunno, could do with some hugs or something if that's ok. Thanks :(

Emmmmmaaaaaaaa :D *squishes*
I know it's a bit of a late cuddle....but I had fallened ashweep :]
*squishes some more in apologies*

zowie 06-06-2008 02:28 PM

Went to A&E last night, was given sleeping tablets to get me through the night and am seeing my psych doctor today.
Wish me luck?
Love you all xxx

~*forever_broken*~ 06-06-2008 02:29 PM

*snuggles Emma*
I'd say depression happened luv*hugs* Seems it's made us all worse students than we have been in the past. Is there anyone you can talk to about it? Sometimes explaining the situation helps... Then again I don't know much about school over there.*cuddles* Take care hun

Detour. Derail 06-06-2008 02:45 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by zowie (Post 825408)
Went to A&E last night, was given sleeping tablets to get me through the night and am seeing my psych doctor today.
Wish me luck?
Love you all xxx

Good luck hunni *cuddles*
xxxxxxx

Detour. Derail 06-06-2008 02:48 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by ~*forever_lost*~ (Post 825412)
*snuggles Emma*
I'd say depression happened luv*hugs* Seems it's made us all worse students than we have been in the past. Is there anyone you can talk to about it? Sometimes explaining the situation helps... Then again I don't know much about school over there.*cuddles* Take care hun

Is there any kinda of support service?
I know in my college there is a place called the star centre where you can go if you are struggling to keep up with your work for any reason and they will provide the extra help and support with revision, classwork, coursework etc.
Plus....couldn't you get help from the exam boards? Maybe they will give you extra time in the exam or specail considerations on a compassionate basis (i think you have to be able to provide a doctors note though) but you'd have to talk to a teacher or form teacher (if you have one) about that.
Just realised this PROBABly hasnt helped much but oh welll :/
*sends you lots of love*
xxxxx

Jetforce 06-06-2008 03:27 PM

*squishes ally and alexx*

Take care both of u xxx

Good luck zowie :-)

~*forever_broken*~ 06-06-2008 03:51 PM

*hugs Zowie*
Good luck sweetheart

zowie 06-06-2008 04:29 PM

Thanks :) Saw the doctor. He's re-reffered me to the crisis team who will be phoning me this evening and visiting tomorrow.
The plan is, if I'm still feeling as hopeless and suicidal as I am now tomorrow then I'll be admitted to hospital.

Auburn Shadow 06-06-2008 05:07 PM

*hugs everyone*
Hope everything gets better for you soon zowie.
Emma, I can't add much more to what everyone's already said, but I do think it would be a good idea to maybe talk to someone at your uni, your tutor or someone? Thinking of you sweetie.
-------------------------------------------
Can't post much about me anymore, too many people I know in RL are on here, and I don't want them to know everything about me. I don't know them well enough for that, and now? Who knows.
All I can say is I'm feeling utter rubbish once again. I want to cut, I want to do more than just cut. I want to just disappear for a while, until everything's better, until I can deal with it. Why oh why does everything happen all at the same time?
I won't do anything, I can't, but the temptation is there... *sigh* sorry, I didn't mean to go on quite so much...

lil-princess 06-06-2008 08:06 PM

Hey everyone :)

I hope your all doing ok *hugs all round*

I can't stay for long as i'm going away with a few of my family members for a long weekend but i shall come back online monday evening and let ya all know how it was :) I've also Pm'd a few of you aswell.

Take care all x x x stay strong x x x