RYL Forums

RYL Forums (https://www.recoveryourlife.com/forum/index.php)
-   Veterans Board (https://www.recoveryourlife.com/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=34)
-   -   Virtual Psych ward! (https://www.recoveryourlife.com/forum/showthread.php?t=1312)

taz35 17-05-2010 04:41 AM

How're you doing today Julie?

*crawls down hole and gives Oliver a big hug* What's wrong? :( I take it the meds still haven't kicked in yet?

frenchhorn 17-05-2010 04:47 AM

thanks Taz *hugs back* nope they havnt, I took my stupid sleeping tablet at about 9.30 thinking I'll get an early night and now its 3.45 am, they are obviously not working, my GP gave them to me to get me back into some sort of more normal sleeping regime, really hasn't worked.
How are you?

taz35 17-05-2010 05:35 AM

*hugs Oliver and tries to get him to sleep* Sorry to hear that :( Have you tried drinking a cup of something warm? My mom always tells me to have a glass of warm milk or cocoa when I can't sleep... not that it helps, but worth a try?

I'm... I don't know. Just have that "out of it" feeling, like I'm not all here.

The following content has been hidden - Reason : TRIGGERING - SI
Seeing my counselor tomorrow, debating about telling him I've been popping pain pills and that the SI has escalated (?) to hitting myself with a hammer, hoping to break bone.

xxjuliexx 17-05-2010 06:15 AM

*hugs oliver* god i'm so cold...... no no i'm fine.... *nods* fine....

xxjuliexx 17-05-2010 07:32 AM

*rubs my forehead*

wildly insane 17-05-2010 09:15 AM

pops in to check that people are doing "okay" and sleeping soundly tucked up in blankets or curled up in their little holes.

I'm late for work but I don't want to go. I will though, I always do, it would be the start of a slippery downward slope if I didn't.

Leaves a bucketful of feel good hugs for those that want them and a coffee pot brewing along with a various assortment of teas and some banana bread.

feel like pooh still although not quite as pooh as when I went to bed last night.

lost in dreams 17-05-2010 09:32 AM

I am so lost at the moment. can i sneek in here for a bit?

CrazyHayley 17-05-2010 11:33 AM

*bounces about the common room*

Ooh I should be quiet, it seems people are sleeping or working or studying or something! I'm just soooo excited, in 40minutes I'll be on my way to the docotrs and I know that I won't cry or be anxious, I'm gonna get my injection to sort out my PMDD!!

Oh how I wish that there was an injection that could help us all.
*extra special tlc in the form that you can accept for each and everyone of you!!*

oh and Mark - I am so NOT learned on WoW, I often feel so out of my depth and you'll soon start to see me asking our fellow guildies for help! I just seem clued up 'cos I'm 3months of playing ahead of you. But I'm sure you'll pick things up more quickly with me, the guild, April and Crimson to help you along. It makes me happy to feel useful though and is fun to chat with someone I know as I go along. I'm glad we convinced you to get it.

*tries to encourage more people to the fantastic distraction that is WoW*

ooh, and does anybody have a Wii connected up to the internet? I do and have some games that do wi fi such as mario kart and I can play with people all over the world. Let me know if you do and then perhaps we can play together on something as a distraction too?

*goes out to smoking shelter*

Scarletdreamer 17-05-2010 11:34 AM

Oliver, sometimes sleeping meds can do the opposite of what they're intended to do, especially if your body is the type that is not cooperative with medication. I hope you managed to get some sleep last night, at least. *cuddles*

I spy a Hayley!! :D

It's crazy early here, just past 5:30am, and I just got up. Gonna be looong day if indeed my internship starts today. Am not so sure if it will though... didn't do some paperwork that I needed to... FULL OF FAIL!! :'(

So yeah. I'll find out at 8:30am whether or not I'll be starting today. :(

*hides in a hole in shame* :o

xxjuliexx 17-05-2010 11:43 AM

*hugs knees and rocks*

Doikers 17-05-2010 11:47 AM

GOOD luck with your internship April , I hope today go's well for you *Hugs*

*Hugs Oliver* I hope you managed to get some sleep last night .

*Hugs Lost in dream* Hi I'm Mark.

*Hugs Hayley* Ohhhh I hope your injection go's okay and works well :)

*Hugs Helen* I hope you slept ok and that your video call go's good .

*Hugs rest of the ward *

Posts Here! I'm going to go check it out :)

CrazyHayley 17-05-2010 11:57 AM

I spy a Mark! *huggles* you have just reminded me that I heard the postperson but haven't yet checked to see if I've nay nice post yet!

*extra special good luck huggles for April* Ooh fingers crossed the paper work has all been sorted and that you can start your internship! I'm sure you'll do fab and they'll love you!! Who wouldn't?! We all love you in here!! Stop thinking you're a failure, 'cos you're far from it! *sends positive thoughts Aprils way*

*leaves calorie free sweet and savoury snacks for everyone with a variety of soft drinks*

Time for me to check the post and then get ready to leave for the doctors!

*bounces to check the post*

xxjuliexx 17-05-2010 12:04 PM

so wats up wardies
*hugs knees*

xxjuliexx 17-05-2010 12:32 PM

*curls up and waits*

Scarletdreamer 17-05-2010 12:39 PM

*cuddles Mark* How'd you sleep? Hopefully well... :) And yey for the post... I have a bill I have to pay, oopsies... at least it won't be for a lot. :-S I just hate paying bills is all. But on the up side, I have a bunch of things I ordered ("for cheap"!!) coming to our post office box so that's good. :D Some psychology books about transactional analysis and REBT (rational emotive behavioral therapy) as well as a Sirenia cd and some stuff from c28.com (Christian clothing site - awesome stuff :D). Lol. So at least it's not ALL bills. :-/ Have you ordered anything recently?

*cuddles Hayley* Good luck with your appt today!! :D I bet you are totally over the roof with excitement on not having to PMDD anymore... hopefully it works. Not to jinx it or anything. ;) I'm sure it will. Let us know how it went and how you're feeling (sane? :P) afterwards. :)

*cuddles Julie* What's up, sweetie?

*cuddles everyone else* Sorry for the lack of individual replies, once again, don't feel up to doing many, sorry. :(

I'm getting really nervous about my internship now... ughhh. I have to call the secretary of the psych dept to see if he got me scheduled for it... then I need to ask him if I can start the internship without having done allll of the paperwork. :-S I am so scared. I feel like such an EPIC FAIL that it's not even funny. :'(

Slept okay last night although my hair dried funny... will have to use the straightener on it later methinks. I suck at straightening hair; this will only be my second time doing it. Haha. My hair's not really curly but it's wavy and can get curly if it's long enough and dries in the right conditions (i.e., humid areas). I'm glad that I don't live in Florida or Georgia or something!! where it's already 90'F or more... and humid. Heh.

I think I'm dehydrated... tsk tsk. :-S *random*

Need to go do summat useful... :-S

*hides in her hole again* :'(

xxjuliexx 17-05-2010 12:43 PM

*shakes head* nothing i'm fine

one_step_closer 17-05-2010 12:53 PM

Hello everyone.

Scarletdreamer 17-05-2010 01:01 PM

Hey Lindsay. *hugs* How are you doing?

Julie, as someone said on a previous page, we've been hearing the word "fine" a lot lately... are you sure you're okay? *cuddles*

I spy Kahlia!! *cuddles*

*hides back in her hole* :(

Doikers 17-05-2010 01:08 PM

*Hugs Julie* Whats up?

*Hugs Lindsay* How are you?

April , I ordered a candle holder , 2nd hand from ebay. I've really gotta put a reign on my spending for a couple of weeks , stick to my budget ( On which I haven't included online spending oops) . Both my parents birthdays are coming up and they are both 60 this year so thats my luxery spending for a little while . I have a few books I can read if only I could get the concentration / attenetion butI can't even focus on a movie ( Of which I have tons) I really want my Focus back , it's why WoW works you can spend 10 minutes on one thing then pop off and do another all the time , not much focus needed . Sorry that got long .That clothing website sounds interesting , I may have a gander at it .

xxjuliexx 17-05-2010 01:15 PM

*nods sucking thumb looking at the floor*:notsure: fine... more then fine perfect