RYL Forums

RYL Forums (https://www.recoveryourlife.com/forum/index.php)
-   Veterans Board (https://www.recoveryourlife.com/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=34)
-   -   Virtual Psych ward! (https://www.recoveryourlife.com/forum/showthread.php?t=1312)

Doikers 11-01-2011 08:26 PM

Sarah , Could you ask a social worker? I used to do pottery with the local mental health folk so I know it's available in some places , I hope you can get your info . My class was run by the local MIND association , do you have one?

PsychoKitty2010 11-01-2011 08:28 PM

-hugs mark- Thanks. I do, too. I feel like these people are giving me a run around. How you be today?

-hugs sarah- I haven't ever heard of it. I have heard the saying "art can be therapeutic", but never actually heard about art therapy. Sorry I can't be of more help, hun.

PoisonedApple 11-01-2011 08:47 PM

Quote:

I need to get married , How the hell am I supposed to with all my scars? The one woman I'm interested in I swear wants only to be a friend so it's like hey "general chatter" now I'll take off my jacket and freak you out ****! sorry
Mark, there is no set time frame for getting married and not every one will freak out. If someone does freak out and can't get past it and love you for who you are then they aren't a person you should be marrying anyway. And have you asked her how she feels? Maybe ask her out on a date and see how it goes? The worst case scenario for asking her on a date is that she'll say she only wants to be friends (which is what you think now so no loss) but the best case scenario is she'll accept and you will have a relationship building. :)

Doikers 11-01-2011 08:55 PM

Crimson, thankyou but you have no idea how much I love her , I met her in the Psych ward so we were thrown together in huge conflict and we bonded . I would do all sorts of stupid love based stuff for her , would I kill myself for her? , I don't know but I would give it serious consideration.

Crimson can I PM you?

nicole94 11-01-2011 08:57 PM

*Curls up*

PoisonedApple 11-01-2011 08:59 PM

Of course you can, Mark. *hugs*

Doikers 11-01-2011 09:00 PM

*Hugs Nicole* whats up hun.

nicole94 11-01-2011 09:03 PM

*Hugs Mark*
I don't know if my friends alive or not!!!! :'( Last night she text me and said she was suicidal and wanted to end it all. She hasn't replied to any of my texts since and hasn't been on facebook and msn. I have no other ways of getting hold of her. I'm so worried :'(

PsychoKitty2010 11-01-2011 09:05 PM

-hugs mark- I'm sorry you feel that way, Mark. I agree with what Crimson says. Ask her on a date or something. The only way you will know for sure is to ask her. And being that you two were in a psych ward together, she already knows about your problems and understands (at least to a certain degree?). And Crimson is also right in saying that if a person freaks out over your scars, they are not right for you anyway. That's how I initially knew I was going to marry my husband. He saw my scars and he didn't freak out. He asked about them. When I told him, he kissed them. That was when we originally met. He had already known I had issues, but I had never told him about my SI until that point for the same reason. I was scared he would freak out. But he didn't. That's one reason I don't want to get a divorce from him, no matter how bad things get between us. Deep down I don't want a divorce. He is the only person who I have allowed to see my scars and didn't freak out, but kissed them. It almost made me cry. He has even held me down when I was holding a knife in my hands wanting to cut instead of freaking out and running away. When you find the right person, she should treat you similarly.

-hugs crimson- How are you doing today?

-hugs nicole- You ok?

MammaMia 11-01-2011 09:06 PM

*hugs Nicole* I hope she's okay sweetheart. I'm sure she will be. Maybe she's ran out of free texts or something?

*hugs everyone*

shadowedsoul 11-01-2011 09:08 PM

hugs everyone,then curls up.

Doikers 11-01-2011 09:09 PM

Kitty , I want to marry your husband :P , just kidding but someone like him would be ideal

FlyingNy 11-01-2011 09:13 PM

Sorry Helen ;) I wasn't avoiding it, just kinda went away...

I was alright, but now...Just...urgh. That will be all.

Doikers 11-01-2011 09:13 PM

You okay Lia?

nicole94 11-01-2011 09:17 PM

*Hugs Helen*
Maybe. I hope so :(
*Hugs Lia*

PsychoKitty2010 11-01-2011 09:21 PM

Hmmm...

-hugs shadowedsoul, helen, mark, nicole, and lia-

Nicole, I hope your friend is ok.

Please excuse me while I go insane. If anyone wants, feel free to add me on fb and/or messenger. I have windows live. If you want to add me to messenger, message me for the email.

ljmeep 11-01-2011 09:24 PM

*storms into ward and plops down in the nearest dark corner*

really disliking my husband right now!

Doikers 11-01-2011 09:25 PM

Whats up Kelly*Hugs*

PsychoKitty2010 11-01-2011 09:29 PM

-hugs kelly-

ljmeep 11-01-2011 09:29 PM

hubby's an ass... he's been sleeping all damn day! just got up less than 20 mins ago (its 230 in the afternoon here) and I got bitched out about how he "obviously needed the sleep" I'm just really pissed right now!