RYL Forums

RYL Forums (https://www.recoveryourlife.com/forum/index.php)
-   Creativity and Reviews (https://www.recoveryourlife.com/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=23)
-   -   What book are you reading or just read? (https://www.recoveryourlife.com/forum/showthread.php?t=1850)

Serendipity. 24-10-2011 12:40 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Revolving Door (Post 2993432)
and whilst I'm in the bath I am reading In Stitches By (can't remember!)

Nick Edwards? Did you enjoy it? Think it was probably one of my least favourite of that type of book.

I'm STILL reading Dracula though not at night because I'm pathetic so it's taking forever! Just finished re-reading all the Harry Potter books and now I'm reading Orlando, but haven't really got into it yet.

The War Doctor 24-10-2011 12:50 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Starling. (Post 2994225)
I'm STILL reading Dracula though not at night because I'm pathetic so it's taking forever! Just finished re-reading all the Harry Potter books and now I'm reading Orlando, but haven't really got into it yet.

Dracula took me forever to get through (albeit for different reasons, even though I'm usually a fast reader), so don't feel too bad. I assume you're reading Orlando by Virginia Woolf, unless there's another one I'm not familiar with? It does take a while to get into it, but it's well worth it. Excellent book.

nowhereman 24-10-2011 12:59 AM

Dracula took me ages as well and I'm usually a fast reader. My dad said it was probably becase its an old style of writing and dialogue which is harder for people to read whne they're used to modern day writing. or something like that. I got the sequel Dracula Undead in the chairty shop. Haven't started it yet.

Revolving Door 24-10-2011 12:22 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Starling. (Post 2994225)
Nick Edwards? Did you enjoy it? Think it was probably one of my least favourite of that type of book.

Yes it is Nick Edwards, I'm not that far through it as I didn't take it to France with me but I think it is okay. I think it is going to be better than More Blood, More Sweat, and Another Cup of Tea as I felt it was all just repeating itself. They are no way on par with the junior doctor series (really want to read the 3rd one that's out but waiting for the kindle price to go down!)

Orlando is a hard book to get into, I would have to read it again to understand it but even then you seem to be following then it moves onto new 'character'.

crazykat 24-10-2011 12:27 PM

The Girl In The Mirror-Cathy Glass

crazykat 26-10-2011 11:57 AM

Started Beautiful by Katie Piper

one_step_closer 27-10-2011 04:43 PM

Fight Club - Chuck Palahniuk.

The War Doctor 27-10-2011 08:15 PM

Just finished Unseen Academicals by Terry Pratchett, and it's one of his best. He may be losing more of his mind every day, but he hasn't lost his touch yet. Absolutely hilarious from start to finish.

The One Who 27-10-2011 09:09 PM

Columbine by Dave Cullen. A desperately sad book about a very sad situation. Really worth a read if you are at all interested in what happened that day.

The War Doctor 29-10-2011 02:59 PM

Just started Homer's Odyssey. Very, very difficult book, but I fully intend to get through it. Chapman's translation is beautiful.

reckoner 30-10-2011 11:10 AM

Just finished The Perks of Being a Wallflower - amazing book

SavingGrace 30-10-2011 11:35 PM

Reading 'Today I'm Alice' Just finished the first two Percy Jackson books, (Lightening Thief and Sea Monsters).

Freddichio 31-10-2011 12:05 AM

Dante's inferno. If you don't like Poetic books, it's really, really not going to be your thing. If you do, it's written wonderfully, and is fascinating.

Fry 31-10-2011 08:04 AM

Anna Karenin - Leo Tolstoy

one_step_closer 31-10-2011 04:21 PM

The Psychopath Test - Jon Ronson.

mandy007 02-11-2011 06:49 AM

Iím reading Harry Potter and it is really interesting to read. There are so many magical things in this story. I really like the way that the author has built about the magical things.

Serendipity. 03-11-2011 12:03 AM

^Harry Potter is fun - I recently re-read the whole series, loved it :)

Glad to know I'm not the only one who took a while to read Dracula! I finally finished it, and mostly enjoyed it. I'm only about halfway through 'Orlando' but really enjoying it.

one_step_closer 06-11-2011 03:13 PM

The Boy No One Loved - Casey Watson.

Leo Pard 06-11-2011 11:02 PM

Just added Scarred by Sophie Andrews to my pile.

I've read it before but I'm a sucker for reading books over and over.

nowhereman 06-11-2011 11:29 PM

Dark inside by Jeyn Roberts. It's kind of like the Gone series by Micheal Grant. Good.