RYL Forums

RYL Forums (https://www.recoveryourlife.com/forum/index.php)
-   General Chat (https://www.recoveryourlife.com/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=21)
-   -   The 'I need a distraction' thread. (https://www.recoveryourlife.com/forum/showthread.php?t=243064)

not_so_insig 21-12-2022 04:44 PM

How are you now Beckie? It's ryl bin night. Apart from the food waste and paper bag I have put everything out. Everyone in the county is getting a general bin collection this week even though they collected the bins last week. So far I am the only one who has put their general waste bin out.

Cacoethes 21-12-2022 05:06 PM

Still feel pretty crap.
I have a virus apparently, as well as the infection in my thumb! But i have antibiotics. Which obviously won't help with the virus but hopefully they'll sort the infection quickly!

My neighbour will probably put out my bin at some point

one_step_closer 21-12-2022 05:41 PM

Happy RYL bin night. I put mine out before any of my neighbours so I was questioning myself but it's only next week they have to change the timetable.

Cacoethes 21-12-2022 05:44 PM

I guess with Christmas being over a weekend, it won't cause major disruptions with things like bins!

one_step_closer 21-12-2022 05:52 PM

Yeah. They're just emptying the bins one day later next week.

Are you looking after your ill self?

Cacoethes 21-12-2022 06:01 PM

I am!
Gonna start the antibiotics tonight.

tamobhuuta 21-12-2022 07:58 PM

I hope your ailings improve for Christmas, Cacoethes.

Cacoethes 21-12-2022 08:03 PM

Thank you!

Still need to wrap all the presents. I hate wrapping. And i suck at it!

Pi.R^2 21-12-2022 11:24 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Zurg (Post 4338853)
Findus and i are just back from the vet. He Got a shitload of meds with detailed instructions for what to give and when. But as he is eating just fine they Said to just call back tomorrow and let them know how he's doing. In case of him getting worse overnight i Will call tomorrow morning.
Now i'm poor and Findus is very offended at me. Bad deal!!!

Oh bless you! I hope the meds help. Available for coaching and moral support in medicating animals if needed!!

Quote:

Originally Posted by not_so_insig (Post 4338860)
So far I am the only one who has put their general waste bin out.

You bin enthusiasts would love us - sometimes we leave one bin out all week until the next one is due so the first person who puts out their recycling sees our general waste bin out there and presumably doubts themselves, mwahahaha

Cacoethes 22-12-2022 09:11 AM

That's just evil Jenna!

Morning everyone!

Zurg 22-12-2022 10:55 AM

Lol Jenna!!! That's a good sense of humour!!! *insert evil laughter here*

Morning Beckie :)
How are you??? Psyching yourself up for some present wrapping??? XD

Pi.R^2 22-12-2022 10:56 AM

It's not on purpose I hasten to add! Just I don't need it in between collections so I forget it's there *shrug*

Morning both, how are you?

tamobhuuta 22-12-2022 11:01 AM

Morning guys, how are you? Plans for the day?

Cacoethes 22-12-2022 11:56 AM

Don't even mention the present wrapping zurg XD

How do you not need the bin between collections?!

I've had my nails fixed (a couple had broken off)
Been to asda. Now need to clean out guinea pigs. Also waiting for the amazon parcel I've missed several times and they had to resend. So I am NOT leaving the house again until I have the package!

You guys got plans?

tamobhuuta 22-12-2022 12:52 PM

My friend R is visiting this afternoon and I'm hoping L will bring wrapping paper etc this evening so I can do wrapping.

Cacoethes 22-12-2022 01:09 PM

Hope you have nice visits!

one_step_closer 22-12-2022 01:13 PM

Afternoon everyone, I hope your days are going well.

A couple of people who work in the chemist gave me a Christmas gift, so sweet.

Cacoethes 22-12-2022 01:18 PM

Aww that's lovely!

I got the ladies at my pharmacy a box of chocolates.
Had to go in for my antibiotics yesterday. They were telling everyone it was an hour wait for prescriptions but they did mine immediately. I felt very special XD

I need to get the guinea pig clean over and done with. But my thumb hurts so much I'm dreading it!

Zurg 22-12-2022 01:20 PM

Woop, woop :D that is a nice surprise, Lindsay!!! I hope it cheered you up :)

Hope your visits Will be fun, Tamo!!!

I sure hope they DO manage to deliver our parcel today, Beckie!!! Crossing my fingers, just in case.

I've done the laundry. And tried to be extra kind and soothing for mr. Bun-bun. He isn't really up to his usual shenanigans but at least he hasn't gotten worse :(

Cacoethes 22-12-2022 01:25 PM

Really hope so!
Rapidly running out of time!

Aww bless him :(

tamobhuuta 22-12-2022 01:26 PM

That's nice osc and Cacoethes.
Well done on the laundry Zurg.

Cacoethes 22-12-2022 02:56 PM

I've cleaned out the boys!
How can such tiny little things poop SO MUCH!!!

tamobhuuta 22-12-2022 02:57 PM

Well done!

Cacoethes 22-12-2022 03:04 PM

Thank you!
I'm happy their cage is clean. They are sulking now lol

one_step_closer 22-12-2022 03:42 PM

Is your thumb feeling ok after the cleaning, Beckie? Why are the fluffies sulking? :laugh:

I hope bun bun is ok, and be extra kind to you too, Kat.

I hope you enjoy your visits and get some wrapping done, Tamo.

I have absolutely no wrapping to do because my brother only wants a Lush gift card and they only do e-gift cards now so I just need to email it to him. Not as exciting as opening a present though but that's what he asked for.

Cacoethes 22-12-2022 03:52 PM

Sore but ok!

They always sulk when i disrupt their day by putting them in the carrier!
They're happier now. Pippin has plonked himself in the middle of a pile of hay and is munching away!

That's nice and easy!
Need to get a gift card for one of my brothers tomorrow. He still hasn't acknowledged my birthday (which was in October!) So I'm still a little annoyed. But his birthday is Christmas day so i can't not get him anything

Pi.R^2 22-12-2022 04:15 PM

Oh that's rude of your brother Beckie! Is he normally pretty good at remembering birthdays?

Zurg, I'm glad your rabbit is at least no worse, but hope there's good news soon!

Lindsay, what have you asked for from your brother?

Cacoethes 22-12-2022 04:18 PM

No, he's really crap at things like that! And communicating in general XD
Only one of my 4 siblings remembered. But at least the others messaged eventually! I think I'm just salty about it this year because i was super depressed lol

Pi.R^2 22-12-2022 05:11 PM

I think depressed or not it's pretty crappy for siblings not to acknowledge your birthday. It would definitely be OK not to put a great deal of money or effort into his birthday this year!

Cacoethes 22-12-2022 05:15 PM

He's always been a massive airhead tbh!
The only time He's wished me happy birthday before is when I've actually gone over to their's and done the whole cake and presents thing! But he moved out, so he probably wouldn't even have remembered then!
I doubt he'd be bothered if i didn't get him anything. He's very laid back. But I'd feel bad if i didn't!

My brain just did a really weird thing!

tamobhuuta 22-12-2022 06:00 PM

Weird thing?

R visited. He heard my Confession and gave me Communion and we had a lovely chat :)

one_step_closer 22-12-2022 06:03 PM

Siblings always have at least one annoying thing about them!

I asked for my usual - a book. And one for my birthday too but I haven't seen him yet. I'm going to get him chocolates as well as the gift card because everyone needs chocolate at Christmas.

What did your brain do, Beckie? I hope you're ok? Is your brain just being weird to fit in with your general weirdness?!

one_step_closer 22-12-2022 06:05 PM

Ninja, Tamo.

I'm glad you had a nice visit. Is the person with the wrapping paper still to come?

Cacoethes 22-12-2022 06:08 PM

Yeah. It felt like it was vibrating and floating! Very weird!

Yep! I'm glad he decided against being a doctor XD
The decision was made because he is very sensitive but i don't think the airheaded-ness would have helped!
He works in a lab instead. Making scents for foods which is apparently a thing.

Mmm chocolate!

one_step_closer 22-12-2022 06:14 PM

Have you taken all your meds? That sounds a bit like brain zaps. I may get a row off Jenna for saying that. I don't know the rules any more!

Making scents for foods is something I've never heard of before. Intriguing.

I'll need to get myself some chocolate too so I don't eat his!

one_step_closer 22-12-2022 06:18 PM

I have a delivery coming between 7.30pm and 9.30pm. That's way late! And it's being delivered by Amazon even though I didn't order the thing from there. Amazon are doing deliveries for any company now.

Cacoethes 22-12-2022 06:21 PM

Yep!
It's not like brain zaps. I had that before when i came off something and when i was on keppra.
I've been feeling generally odd. So possibly antibiotics, possibly the virus, possibly the infection. Or all those things together!

I hadn't either, until he got the job!
Apparently food in supermarkets doesn't really smell like food. Like when you open a jar of coffee, that's not a coffee smell, that's made by people like my brother!
Apparently he used to come home absolutely stinking of chemicals and was made to change and shower in the utility room.before coming in XD

I could do with some chocolate.

I've had that before.
Hopefully it doesn't come too late!
My delivery came!

nonperson 22-12-2022 06:22 PM

But Amazon don't even want to deliver their own packages =/

Shouldn't food create its own scent?

Evening all.

one_step_closer 22-12-2022 06:26 PM

You're a poor soul, Beckie. I hope you feel better soon.

I'm glad you finally got your delivery!

Hi NP, how's your day going? That is so true about Amazon!

nonperson 22-12-2022 06:32 PM

I don't think I'll ever see my Amazon parcel D=

My day has been sloowwwww and I need to go out later for a food shop that I've been putting off... =(

Cacoethes 22-12-2022 06:46 PM

Food doesn't really create its own scent! Hence adding it. I guess to make it more appealing to customers?

Not the dreaded food shop!
Best get it done now though, dread to think what the shops will be like in the next couple of days!

Pi.R^2 22-12-2022 06:47 PM

Bloody hell, how many posts guys!!! Literally came just to post this and will now go read them all :P

nonperson 22-12-2022 06:50 PM

The live tracker thingy on Google is saying it's "as busy as it gets" right now so I'll wait a bit. I also desperately need petrol but it's a different petrol station to normal so... stress! Damn Christmas...

Pi.R^2 22-12-2022 06:52 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by one_step_closer (Post 4338922)
I may get a row off Jenna for saying that.

HEY! I'm not that bad am I????

Quote:

Originally Posted by one_step_closer (Post 4338923)
I have a delivery coming between 7.30pm and 9.30pm. That's way late! And it's being delivered by Amazon even though I didn't order the thing from there. Amazon are doing deliveries for any company now.

Ugh. I saw that. I don't use Big Bad Amazon and then I got a flaming email about an amazon delivery the other day! I thought it was spam or something at first.

Lindsay, you've made me want to start an RYL book club where we post books to eachother!

Also go go go np, I'm trying to work out when to brave the food shop, I'm maybe going to do early morning or late evening tomorrow. I drove past our big sainsbury's yesterday and it was so busy it was causing queues at the nearby roundabout :plain:

Pi.R^2 22-12-2022 06:52 PM

Also completely intrigued and mystified by this whole food scent thing!

Cacoethes 22-12-2022 07:00 PM

You're not that bad. But you are pretty much the only mod now. Which makes you the RYL police :tongue2:

I haven't found asda too busy recently. Though a huge increase in elderly people for some reason.
I'm planning to go to the retail park tomorrow though. I imagine it will be rammed!

Yeah it's a bit weird!

Pi.R^2 22-12-2022 07:04 PM

I would like a police hat.
Glad your ASDA isn't too busy! Oh my days I need to go to ALDI. Had a nervy b in one of them last weekend and they didn't even have what I went for but need to brave another to see if they have it because vegan chip shop style battered sausage will be worth many nervy bs!!!

What are you going to get from the retail park?

Cacoethes 22-12-2022 07:11 PM

I really want to get you a police hat now...

That does sound amazing tbh!
I may have a look for those in aldi myself tomorrow!
I go in there for protein oat pots. I also got the boys some romaine lettuce from aldi but they are snobs and would not eat it....

I have been thinking about the garlic doughballs from M&S for ages because they were sooo good! I'm also going to go to pets at home to have a look at stuff for the boys. And I need shoes for a new years party.

one_step_closer 22-12-2022 07:14 PM

NP, do you want me to kick everyone out of the supermarket and guard the doors while you do your shop?

We should definitely have an RYL book club but just to recommend books and send them. I am no good at reviewing books.

I hope you can get your special sausage from somewhere, Jenna. It's annoying when you really want something and then it's not in the shop.

one_step_closer 22-12-2022 07:15 PM

Ninja Beckie.

Watch out tomorrow, Beckie with all the plans and busy-ness is back!