RYL Forums

RYL Forums (https://www.recoveryourlife.com/forum/index.php)
-   Veterans Board (https://www.recoveryourlife.com/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=34)
-   -   Virtual Psych ward! (https://www.recoveryourlife.com/forum/showthread.php?t=1312)

Comely 28-11-2010 10:24 PM

*hugs to all* does everywhere have snow but me yet? I'm in Canada, we are supposed to get snow first!!

Having one of those weeks :( couldn't sleep last night, freaked out. And I'm trying to focus on school work but I just can't get myself to do it. I'd like to sing Holiday Melodies with everyone though!

Doikers 28-11-2010 10:26 PM

*Hugs and sings with Jordyn*

*Hugs Helen*

*Hugs Lia YAY!!! Go you :D

*Night time hugs my wardies*

FlyingNy 28-11-2010 10:46 PM

Hey Jordyn. Those weeks suck., but it's good that you're trying to focus on other things. I always find homework is a God send when I am in one of those moods, unless it's hard, in which case it stresses me out more...but you are welcome to join in the singing, we're all getting in the festive spirit here.

MammaMia 28-11-2010 11:24 PM

*hugs everybody*

Someone fancy doing some of my work for me? I keep forgetting that I have work to hand in on Tuesday & haven't really got the time or patience to do it. Might have to pull a late one to get it done so I don't have to do it tomorrow. Meh. My own fault for forgetting about it :( The piece that I need to do for tomorrow morning is easy thankfully.

I'm stressing out a bit. Just got so much to do before tomorrow so that tomorrow goes smoothly & everything is prepared. Least I'm slowly working through it?

God I'm pathetic lol.

Comely 28-11-2010 11:57 PM

Mamma mia, you're not pathetic! I'm in the same boat. Left my work to the last minute, as per usual. Or, if it is pathetic, we can be pathetic together :)
*pathetic hugs* LOL.

Danke icequeen! You're right homework can be helpful. School has always been my safe place.

FlyingNy 28-11-2010 11:58 PM

*Hugs Helen* You're not pathetic, I get stressed out over work and stuff. But just like with everything else I shove it in a corner and only deal with it when I really have to.

Ahhhhhhh...

Jordyn, call me Lia. I get that enough IRL. I love that word, I think I use it more than the English.

Comely 29-11-2010 12:20 AM

Sorry Lia!! I wasn't sure what to call you. new to the ward! I spent some time in Germany, so I know a bit of the language. Enough to hold up a good conversation.

MammaMia 29-11-2010 12:21 AM

Thanks guys :) *Hugs both*

FlyingNy 29-11-2010 12:27 AM

It's alright Helen :)

I know a little German, I learnt in in der schule. Now I'm even getting confused, I was totally meant to type that in English, but was thinking of German... I sucked though.

MammaMia 29-11-2010 12:32 AM

I've done nearly everything in preparation for tomorrow. Sort of :S

Comely 29-11-2010 12:34 AM

nein! Deine Deutsch war gut! Meine Deutsch Grammatik ist schlecht. Ich spreche besser als schreiben!

"no! You german was gut! My German grammar is bad. I speak better than I write."

When I first came back from Germany, I used to forget English words and could only remember the German words.haha.

You're welcome Helen! *more hugs*

MammaMia 29-11-2010 12:36 AM

*hugs all round*

I can't speak German :( I spent six years learning French though & have forgotten majority of it. Sad times.

shadow13 29-11-2010 12:47 AM

I won't give in to stress.
Even if my mock exams are tomorrow.
These grades will go on my college app.... What if I don't get the grades I need? I'm doomed to fail... And yet there's hope.

Laura2.0 29-11-2010 12:48 AM

Comely: dein Deutsch ist gut! seriously..
I know what it feels like to forget your native language... I was in the US for 18 months and came back to germany in July. I still forget german words... had to ask someone to translate 'damp' for me.. lol
Did you dream and think in german?

*hugs shadow* just try your best. That's all you can do.

Comely 29-11-2010 12:48 AM

I'm in Canada Helen, so I had to learn French. I learned it for 6 years as well, but I've forgotten most of it.haha.
Wow, thanks Laura!! That means a lot coming from someone who lives in Germany. Whereabouts are you? Whenever I feel bored I still sometimes use the word "langweilig" instead of bored. I didn't dream in German, but I did dream in a german accent.lol.Is that weird?
Shadow *hugs* failure is scary. The whole getting into college experience is scary. Deep breaths and do your best!!!

shadow13 29-11-2010 12:57 AM

just set up a youtube account. I'm going to use it to help other self-harmers and give myself another place to vent.

Laura2.0 29-11-2010 12:58 AM

Wow Comely! It's not too weird. It's so hard to get back to german for me...lol
I can't say some german words without an accent like Volkswagen or Frankfurt. And Berlin. Mostly things that are the same in english, it's weird.
I'm from Bad Mergentheim.. that's in Baden-Wuerttemberg. About 2 hours north of Stuttgart and 45min south of Wuerzburg if you know that. It's a smallish town... 20 000 people if you add all the villages around here.. lol
Where have you been when you were in germany?

I need to go to bed now... mom is going to wake me up early in the morning.
Sorry I'm not replying to all of you..
*hugs all goodnight*

Comely 29-11-2010 01:03 AM

Shadow, that's such a great idea! You should post the account :)

Laura, please call my Jordyn:) I was in Sundern, about 1 hour from Dusseldorf, 2 hours from Cologne. So nordrhine-westphalen. I want to go back to Germany, I miss it.

shadow13 29-11-2010 01:05 AM

Is going to bed soon, so NIGHT ALL!!!!!

*curls up next to fellow wardies*

FlyingNy 29-11-2010 01:16 AM

I understood almost all of what you said Jordyn, there is hope for me yet :) Shame my GCSE is over...or perhaps not, it wasn't really my favourite subject. Ich finde deutsch langweilg, meine leiblingsfarbe ist Englisch. Est ist wonderbar.

I'm gonna make my way to bed now. Nacht.

Oh, and gluck Shad (imagine the funny little accent thing). That's German for 'good luck' btw :)
xx