RYL Forums

RYL Forums (https://www.recoveryourlife.com/forum/index.php)
-   Veterans Board (https://www.recoveryourlife.com/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=34)
-   -   Virtual Psych ward! (https://www.recoveryourlife.com/forum/showthread.php?t=1312)

Doikers 14-07-2011 10:31 PM

I need to sleeeeeeeeeeeeep , seriously

PoisonedApple 14-07-2011 10:33 PM

*makes Mark a tea and tucks him and a plushie into his ward bed*
Cookie?

Laura2.0 14-07-2011 10:33 PM

Crimson: I like the combination of cream and gree.

Mark: then go to bed?

PoisonedApple 14-07-2011 10:35 PM

Bleh... Back to work I go *whistles and sings 'hi ho hi ho...'*

Laura2.0 14-07-2011 10:43 PM

time to sleep.
*good night hugs to all*

PoisonedApple 15-07-2011 12:20 AM

Good Night everybody!
I'm off to be fabulous at C's wedding!

Sorry the lighting kinda sucks... work fluorescent lol

SoMuchMore 15-07-2011 05:38 AM

*hugs everyone* finally, I have consistent internet back!

Crimson - you look great!

Doikers 15-07-2011 10:39 AM

*Hugs Lindsay*

*Hugs Laura* I didn't injure despite being shown scars.....

*Hugs Crimson* You look really pretty hun :)

*Hugs Laura*

one_step_closer 15-07-2011 11:08 AM

I'm going to see Harry Potter with my brother today. I can't really be bothered but at least it will structure my day.

Doikers 15-07-2011 11:19 AM

OOhh I hope you enjoy it Lindsay :) *Hugs*

Doikers 15-07-2011 11:36 AM

I miss Felicia Terribly.
My Best Friend Hannah just called to cancel coffee as she is so low ,I'm worried about her.
I'll go for a walk after I eat somthing.
I'm fairly upset.

frenchhorn 15-07-2011 01:01 PM

*hugs Mark* I hope the walk helps and just think you get to see Felicia very soon.

*hugs Lindsay* I'm glad your feeling a bit more stable and I'm glad your seeing the positives of seeing a new psychologist (no idea if that is spelt right!!) and enjoy harry potter

*hugs Laura* well done for talking to your mum about stuff, your so brave, I cant do it.

*hugs Mara* I'm sure that no one is laughing at you

*hugs Crimson* I hope you enjoy the wedding and you look very pretty in your pic.

*hugs Laura* yay for internet :)

I've just got back from hospital after I OD'd yesterday. I had a mixed experience, but for once no body treated me badly because I'm trans, infact the 2 paramedics and one nurse were so lovely about it.
there was one slightly dodgy moment when a dr mentioned the R and G words (religion and god) we got into a 10 minute arguement, which was rather random in the middle of A and E.
the psych I saw this morning was **** though and just told me to think positively and that it was my fault I was depressed, so I just nodded and agreed with him so he would send me home.

Doikers 15-07-2011 01:05 PM

*Hugs Oliver* Oh well I'm glad some of them were nice to you :) Don't take what the psych said to heart , you can't help being depressed.

frenchhorn 15-07-2011 01:12 PM

*hugs Mark* how are you?

Doikers 15-07-2011 01:49 PM

I don't know how I am , It's coming up to 2pm and I'm still determined *Determined Face* *Hugs Oliver*

frenchhorn 15-07-2011 02:23 PM

something which may bring a smile to you, it has certainly cheered me up.

http://www.bbc.co.uk/comedy/clips/p0...s_the_maestro/

Doikers 15-07-2011 04:59 PM

wave of depression, lovely , worrying about the most Important few days of my life too.........

flutterby butterfly 15-07-2011 05:08 PM

*hugs Mark* How'd the walk go?

*hugs Lindsay* Hope you enjoy harry potter, seeing a new psychologist can definitely be positive!

*hugs Laura* well done for talking to your mum about stuff, your so brave, I cant do it.

*hugs Crimson* you look lovely in that pic, enjoy the wedding.

*hugs Laura* hurrah!! interwebs!

*hugs Oliver* I find it really sad that even something as "simple" as going to the hospital, you could get people having issues with you being Trans. I don't understand it. :blink: Sorry you OD'd. I did yesterday too. Hope you're feeling better today?

I've just got back from hospital after I OD'd yesterday. The doctor & nurse I saw were lovely & even dressed some of my war wounds that weren't healing too well. The CPN I saw was a total fecking moron to be honest, and he pissed me off - lots. Ironically, he's friends with my psychologist who I also saw today (& have a good r'ship with), & I told him I thought his friend was a narrow minded conceited moron. I feel kinda bad now tbh, but the guy really wound me up. I said to him I don't wanna talk about it, don't see the point in badgering me. I was totally embarassed last night, I switched to a little (I have DID) who screamed at a nurse because the nurse wanted my girlfriend to go home while we were in CDU & we didn't want her to go. *sigh* I did try to explain to the nurse I'm having memory flashbacks sometimes even in hallucination form, and body memories & night terrors & that I have somniphobia & am struggling with sleep & she said it's not hard just close your eyes, lie down & sleep. fecking bitch. made me angry. Anyway, enough of a rant, sorry for the appauling language.

Much love & hugs to you all, I'm off to watch The Imaginarium of Dr Parnassus.

Love, Mara

P.s: I changed me username :hop: (amazing the things that amuse me!)

frenchhorn 15-07-2011 05:16 PM

*hugs Mark* I'm sorry your feeling depressed and worrying. you know I'm here for you if you need to talk.

*hugs Mara* I'm sorry you OD'd too and I'm really sorry the nurse was so mean to you, unfortunatly general nurses just sometimes don't understand mental health problems, but that is no excuse and what she said to you is appauling. *hugs*

Doikers 15-07-2011 05:24 PM

*Hugs Mara* Enjoy the Film :) I'm sorry you got treated badly hun.

*Hugs Oliver* Thanks :)

Emo 15-07-2011 05:34 PM

Got a new alter that wants to drink , we have told her not to hopefully she will listen
also i changed my name from angel21 to Darkasylum

PoisonedApple 15-07-2011 06:20 PM

Quote:

I've just got back from hospital after I OD'd yesterday. I had a mixed experience, but for once no body treated me badly because I'm trans, in fact the 2 paramedics and one nurse were so lovely about it.
there was one slightly dodgy moment when a Dr mentioned the R and G words (religion and god) we got into a 10 minute argument, which was rather random in the middle of A and E.
the psych I saw this morning was **** though and just told me to think positively and that it was my fault I was depressed, so I just nodded and agreed with him so he would send me home.
I think I'd have rather liked to see that argument. As for the psych though, that is just awful! I'm glad that everyone seemed to be so lovely about you being trans :)

Quote:

Quote:

*hugs Crimson* I hope you enjoy the wedding and you look very pretty in your pic.
Quote:

*Hugs Crimson* You look really pretty hun :)
Quote:

Crimson - you look great!
Quote:

*hugs Crimson* you look lovely in that pic, enjoy the wedding.

Thanks Guys!

Glad your internet is back, Laura!

I agree with Oliver, Mara... I find the language far less appalling than the treatment of that nurse.

*cuddles the worry out of Mark*

*hugs everyone*
*waves at Angel*
*passes out some wedding cake* It's white cake with raspberry cream between the layers and a white chocolate 'frosting'... It's delicious.

The wedding was stressful and the whole day went entirely as far from planned as could be. But David looked nice and the kids were adorable. I might post pics later if I remember (left the cord for my camera at home).

How is everyone doing now? (last post was an hour ago...)

frenchhorn 15-07-2011 06:29 PM

*hugs Crimson* I'm sorry the wedding didn't go quite to plan.

I'm still feeling really physically ill, feel really sick and dazed. going to try sleep it off soon.

one_step_closer 15-07-2011 06:36 PM

*hugs everyone*

frenchhorn 15-07-2011 06:58 PM

*hugs Lindsay* how are you?

one_step_closer 15-07-2011 07:14 PM

I'm not too bad. Fighting off urges to self harm but I think I can cope. How are you feeling now, Oliver?

PoisonedApple 15-07-2011 07:26 PM

*hugs Oliver* It's okay. C was being way too demanding and putting too much of the work for her day off on everyone else. Her mother redid the table centerpieces 5 times before telling her to pick from what she had already done or she didn't get one... In the end she was rushing it, stressing everyone out, hadn't planned well and while things looked nice it was obvious it wasn't well organized.

I hope a nap helps Oliver. *hugs*

*hugs Lindsay* How are you? *edit* scratch that you answered while I was typing... Glad you're doing okay today :)

Louise 15-07-2011 07:31 PM

~~hugs everyone~~

Just to say that I am back from being on holiday :)

frenchhorn 15-07-2011 07:39 PM

*hugs Lindsay, Crimson and Louise*

I'm still feeling pretty physically ill, mentally I'm not sure how I'm feeling.

one_step_closer 15-07-2011 07:45 PM

Make sure you're looking after yourself, Oliver.

Doikers 15-07-2011 07:50 PM

Hey angel *waves*

*Hugs Oliver*

*Hugs Crimson*

*Hugs Lindsay*

Hugs Louise* Did you have fun?

frenchhorn 15-07-2011 07:51 PM

I am trying to Lindsay, just chilling in bed going to try sleeping soon, butjust feel so ill that sleep seems impossible.

one_step_closer 15-07-2011 07:55 PM

It's good that you're at least resting, I hope you feel better soon.

frenchhorn 15-07-2011 08:01 PM

thanks Lindsay *hugs*

Doikers 15-07-2011 08:20 PM

I've been ill, Yuck , I have drank Ginger and Lime tea , It's horrible and I don't know what I'll do if I can't keep my night meds down.... I need Hugging (Yes I know I blatently asked :P)

frenchhorn 15-07-2011 08:24 PM

*huggles Mark* sorry you've been ill, I hope you get better soon

PoisonedApple 15-07-2011 09:01 PM

*huggles mark extra hard*
could you take an anti-emetic?

one_step_closer 15-07-2011 09:10 PM

*hugs Mark*

I've just stupidly told someone from a dating site about my mental health problems. I can't keep my idiotic mouth shut. My OT keeps telling me that I tell people about my issues too quickly but I didn't believe her.

Doikers 15-07-2011 09:14 PM

*Hugs Lindsay Hard*

*Hugs Oliver*

*Hugs Crimson* I took Tums type things.

frenchhorn 15-07-2011 09:14 PM

*hides in garden*

risenfromperdition 15-07-2011 09:18 PM

*hugs mark :)*
you two better skypeeeee me :P

Laura2.0 15-07-2011 09:19 PM

*hugs all*

*goes to hide in bed*

Doikers 15-07-2011 09:23 PM

*Hugs Heather* we'll try :)

*Hugs Laura* what's up hun?

*Hugs Oliver*

one_step_closer 15-07-2011 09:34 PM

*jumps on bed* I want to be a child again. Everything was so simple then. Maybe I could go about acting my shoe size.

frenchhorn 15-07-2011 09:41 PM

I wish I could be a child too Lindsay, I often look at little kids and think how little they have to worry about yet, which I could go back to that.
I have one of the hardest decisions to make in less than a few months and I don't want to make it.

one_step_closer 15-07-2011 09:46 PM

Do you want to talk about it, Oliver?

PoisonedApple 15-07-2011 09:49 PM

*hugs Mark* I hope they're helping.

*hugs Lindsay* I just blab about everything else instead of letting people know about that... it's not much better. Hmmmmmmmmm... to be 8.5 again... *throws pillows at everyone and runs*

*hugs Laura*

*hugs Heather*

*hugs Oliver* Which decision?

frenchhorn 15-07-2011 09:59 PM

I have to decide whether or not I'm going to go back to music college in sept or take another year out.
Basically I started my 3rd year last sept, but my mental health problems got really bad that I wasn't turning up for lectures or rehearsals and in the end I had a meeting with some staff and they said I either take the rest of the year out or continue and fail, so I had to take the rest of the year out, which everyone thought would help me and I would be back feeling better this sept. Unfortunatly I'm really not well, this last 3 weeks I have taken 4 overdoses and I'm hardly leaving the house. My GP spoke to me about it today and she said that she would deem me medically unfit to go back and she has tried to contact a psych I have seen to get her to assess me. The thing is I agree with them that I am medically unfit to go back, but and this is a massive, massive but my mum (plus a lot of other people including uni staff, friends, family) all expect me to go back and they think I am well enough.
This is the thing my loyalty to my mum is so great that I can not let her down by not going back, she is so happy I am going back (even agreeing to walk Kinder Scout in the peak district, which for her is a big thing with her MS) she is telling everyone I am going back and I do not want to let her down by failing her. She has done so much for me over the years and put up with a lot from me that I should at least try for her, but at the back of my mind I know I'm very unwell.
My GP is talking about me getting an assessment and them saying I am medically unfit and essentially taking it out of my hands, but even so I would still have to tell my mum.

really sorry that is so long and for some reason the hide button isnt working so I can't hide it, sorry guys.

*hugs all*

PoisonedApple 15-07-2011 10:05 PM

Could you have your doc talk to her? Then you wouldn't have to and they could probably answer a good deal of questions she may have. Might be less stressful. *squishes*

Laura2.0 15-07-2011 10:26 PM

*hugs Lindsay*
*hugs Mark*
*hugs Oliver*
*hugs Crimson*

I'm ill. I hate being ill.