RYL Forums

RYL Forums (https://www.recoveryourlife.com/forum/index.php)
-   General Chat (https://www.recoveryourlife.com/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=21)
-   -   The 'I need a distraction' thread. (https://www.recoveryourlife.com/forum/showthread.php?t=243064)

not_so_insig 19-11-2016 01:01 PM

I only like Baileys in a latte. In fact I have it every 6 months that I am SI free.

[Luna] 19-11-2016 01:05 PM

That's a nice reward.
I'm not a big coffee fan myself.

How are you today?

Cacoethes 19-11-2016 01:20 PM

I've only tried baileys once, many years ago. It was nice but not something I would buy for myself.

How are we all? Children in need raised 46.6 million last night! It was quite good entertainment as well! Did anyone else watch it?

[Luna] 19-11-2016 01:31 PM

I didn't watch it but that's a fantastic amount of money.
I'm tired. How about you?

not_so_insig 19-11-2016 01:46 PM

I didn't watch children in need. I was watching I am a celeb instead.

Cacoethes 19-11-2016 01:58 PM

I don't usually watch it but chels is here and she wanted to watch it. Glad I did though! Doctor Who was there and the guy from fantastic Beasts and the guys from bake off!

I'm ok. Watching cbbc now! Operation ouch is on next.

Voldemort 19-11-2016 08:22 PM

Evening all.

Cacoethes 19-11-2016 08:35 PM

Evening Voldy!
How are you?

Sketchy 19-11-2016 08:42 PM

Good evening

Cacoethes 19-11-2016 08:47 PM

Evening Lorraine :)

Sketchy 19-11-2016 08:49 PM

How is everyone? I'm trying to distract myself. Think I'll watch some tv or DVDs.

Cacoethes 19-11-2016 08:51 PM

I'm ok thanks.

Any idea on what you'll watch?

Sketchy 19-11-2016 08:54 PM

I'll watch casualty, but don't know what else.

Cacoethes 19-11-2016 08:56 PM

I'm going to be watching casualty too.
Watching big bang theory atm

Sketchy 19-11-2016 08:58 PM

I like Big Bang Theory.

Cacoethes 19-11-2016 09:04 PM

Me too. There's been quite a few new episodes released as well which is good

not_so_insig 19-11-2016 09:51 PM

I have never watched The Big Bang Theory. Mainly because I hate American tv programmes. All the American tv programmes I have tried I get bored and fall asleep.

I am going to be watching Casualty too. I watched a dvd before too.

Cacoethes 19-11-2016 10:04 PM

Some American shows can be a bit repetitive. But I do like the big bang theory.

Nearly time for casualty!
I'm boiling a couple of eggs for a snack.

Bellatrix 20-11-2016 02:55 AM

I love Family Guy. Always makes me laugh with it's inappropriateness.

I've been watching trashy TV on my brand new MASSIVE flat screen. It's so cool to actually have a TV and freeview. It's even linked up to my boyfriends Netflix and can hook up to my PC to I can watch ALL the things.

I even have a PS3 now to play. Love it.

Unbreakable. 20-11-2016 03:59 AM

Spending ALL the money again, are we ;)

Bellatrix 20-11-2016 04:13 AM

It was a necessary purchase! My computer broke and stopped playing my games so I had to get a different console. And with a console you need a TV. And I've not had a TV sine I was 18.

I wanted a Smart TV, good quality pictures, connectable to my PC and Netflix and Youtube. I got everything. And it's massive screed HD TV.

J helped me pick it out. We got a good deal but it was still £599! But I got it because it will last me for ages and help me feel less lonely to be able to watch the news and listen to the radio and stuff.

So it was a big spend, but a sensible one monitored by my boyfriend.

Unbreakable. 20-11-2016 04:19 AM

I genuinely forgot you didn't have a TV!
And you should have gotten a PS4!

That is pretty cheap for a good TV though.
Ours is barely bigger than my laptop but we got it for free when my grandma got a new one and we don't really have the space for a bigger one anyway (flat search isn't going really great, so lord knows when we finally move to a bigger place).

Bellatrix 20-11-2016 04:28 AM

I know but a PS3 was cheaper. And the games I like playing are on PS3 too do I don't mind. My boy has a MASSIVE TV and the brand new PS4 plus. The graphics are amazing and it's so cool. But I'm happy with my 3 for now.

Sorry your flat search isn't going well. I'd offer to help but I don't think my German is good enough! You'll find a home soon love, just keep searching.

Unbreakable. 20-11-2016 04:33 AM

Are new games still coming out for PS 3 though?
I don't do much gaming anyway, but we bought a PS 4 together last year and my boyfriend loves it. Games are expensive though, so we have only around a handful (he has plenty of games for his other consoles though).

Thanks.
It would be a lot easier if our working hours didn't require us to live in town. Some parts of town and the suburbs do really nice flats for little money, but I can't live somewhere I'd have to walk or cycle to for ages after a 10 hrs shift at 2 am.

Bellatrix 20-11-2016 04:54 AM

I can play PS4 games at J's. He lets me play on his console.

Oh that sucks. I't hard to find somewhere to live when you have really specific requirements. Have you been to an estate agent? They might be able to help.

I hope you find your dream home soon.

Unbreakable. 20-11-2016 05:10 AM

Ceeb to pay for someone to find me a flat tbh.

It isn't too bad. I don't even mind that we share a single room and that it is small, but this building and neighborhood can be a pain in the butt. Saves us plenty of money though that we would spend on rent otherwise :P

Buttons. 20-11-2016 06:02 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Bellatrix (Post 4070023)
It was a necessary purchase!

What happened to a good old fashioned game of scrabble :P

Unbreakable. 20-11-2016 06:05 AM

By oneself???? :P

I DO love board games though. Especially with my siblings/my family.
Monopoly of course is always very intense. Though I am never really in the competition as my siblings team up to get me bankrupt and then I watch them fight over the victory ;_;

Buttons. 20-11-2016 06:54 AM

Fair point but there is an app on facebook where you can play randomers at scrabble (if you're a little bit sad :P)

ha ha my friends do that to me. Have to admit one of my best finds in a charity shop though was a Disney version of Monopoly. Little silver characters and all.

Unbreakable. 20-11-2016 07:03 AM

ooooooh that's awesome!
I have a Star Wars Clonewars Monopoly and one from the town where I did my BA. :)

I don't use apps, so I had no idea there was such a thing!

Buttons. 20-11-2016 08:12 AM

they sound awesome :D

Yeah when you're bored enough to search scrabble on facebook you'll probably find it :)

[Luna] 20-11-2016 11:02 AM

I cannot stand scrabble! When I worked on a male psych ward the patients always wanted to play scrabble and it got so mind-numbingly boring.

Buttons. 20-11-2016 11:43 AM

^ words are BORING??? I don't know you :P

[Luna] 20-11-2016 11:53 AM

In my deference the patients would make up words and insist I look them up in the dictionary. It got very tedious, very quickly.

Buttons. 20-11-2016 01:32 PM

*cough*I may have been the patient making staff look words up in the dictionary *cough* :P

[Luna] 20-11-2016 01:55 PM

*Shakes fist* :P

I remember when we were all bored so I hosted a talent competition in the garden and one of them performed a rap for me. It was so funny...
... "Yo yo, this is my rap to you Luna, you're so special..I..****.. I've forgotten the rest". Music gold.

Cacoethes 20-11-2016 02:10 PM

Congratulations on your new TV J!!
I plug my laptop into my tv so I can watch everything om my tv. It's great!
I have an old broken xbox 360. I'm sad that I cannot play skyrim :(

And I agree with Luna. Scrabble is boring!

[Luna] 20-11-2016 02:19 PM

I might offend here but what is Skyrim? I keep hearing people mention it but have no idea what it is??

Thank you for sharing my opinion on scrabble.

Cacoethes 20-11-2016 03:05 PM

Skyrim is probably one of the best games ever!
It was released in 2011 and people are still just obsessed with it now as they were then. That says a lot because a lot of people get bored of playing the same game over and over again.
Basically you are the 'dragonborn' and your main objective is to kill dragons and absorb their souls. But there are so many side quests and the map is huge!
And there is this damn chicken in one of the villages where if you kill it, the whole village will come after you and kill you.
There are so many different towns and characters you can play.
It's impossible to get across just how awesome this game is!
Oh, and when you kill people you can move their bodies so I enjoy putting the people I kill in weird positions and stripping them of their clothes.
And I once spent a good amount of time getting a basket on someone's head.

I'm not a huge fan of board games in general.
We played risk one Christmas and it went on for HOURS! me, mum and my sister gave up so it was just the boys getting stupidly competitive.

not_so_insig 20-11-2016 03:24 PM

I have a wii and a 3ds but I hardly ever use them. I have played my wii this year because I bought a portable monitor and tested it out. I only bought the portable screen so that if I end up IP I can play it to starve off the boredom. I haven't played the 3ds this year but I did buy the Paddington game for it but lost it. Fortunately I found it whilst getting my record player out. The only game I have managed to complete is the Professor Layton games for the ds but have yet to complete the one for the 3ds.

Last time I played scrabble was when I was IP. There was this annoying person who kept on asking us all the time if we wanted to play it. She didn't get the fact that we all wanted to watch eastenders and corrie. In fact there was nearly a argument because she wanted to watch a quiz show and everyone else wanted to watch corrie.

[Luna] 20-11-2016 03:28 PM

Sounds fun! I wish I had a games console. I only have the wii which is rubbish really.

I'm also not a big board games fan. I do enjoy Cluedo though.

Buttons. 20-11-2016 03:55 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by [Luna] (Post 4070132)

I'm also not a big board games fan. I do enjoy Cluedo though.

That's the one board game I don't like :P WHAT WILL WE DO DEVIDED OVER BOARD GAMES *sobs dramatically* :P

not_so_insig 20-11-2016 04:08 PM

I had an monopoly set last Christmas because I wanted the cat piece. I also have the pointless game which is signed by both Alexander Armstrong and Richard Osman. I also have the coveted Pointless trophy!

Cacoethes 20-11-2016 04:36 PM

I don't mind cluedo. Although it takes forever in my family because my step dad has to repeat everything. It's basically 10 minutes of 'so it was Mr burns, in the power plant, with the plutonium rod' just saying it over and over again! (We had a Simpson cluedo)

I quite like the wii. Chels lent me hers with the wii fit board. Can't beat Mario Kart though!!

not_so_insig 20-11-2016 04:58 PM

Mario kart is the best! I have played every single platform since the snes version came out which proves how old I am!

Cacoethes 20-11-2016 05:14 PM

Me too! Haha!

Bellatrix 20-11-2016 06:26 PM

I also love Skyrim! Playing it right now! Best game ever! I'm a dark elf as always.

Cacoethes 20-11-2016 06:38 PM

Yay!
I always play either a nord or kajiit

Sketchy 20-11-2016 06:51 PM

I love Mario kart too. I have a Nintendo 3ds.

Cacoethes 20-11-2016 07:35 PM

I have a Nintendo DS but lost the games and chargers. Probably in hospital somewhere. I might try and get a charger and sone games for it. It's been so long since I've played it!