RYL Forums

RYL Forums (https://www.recoveryourlife.com/forum/index.php)
-   Creativity and Reviews (https://www.recoveryourlife.com/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=23)
-   -   What book are you reading or just read? (https://www.recoveryourlife.com/forum/showthread.php?t=1850)

one_step_closer 20-09-2010 10:07 AM

A CLockwork Orange is on my 'to read' pile.

Hobbes 20-09-2010 11:35 AM

I'm reading The Fry Chronicles - Stephen Fry's new autobiography and also A Week In December by Sebastian Faulks. Both very good.

crazykat 20-09-2010 11:38 AM

Naked by Jo Hill

Dreaming. 20-09-2010 01:15 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by SoLost (Post 2497516)
I'm reading The Fry Chronicles - Stephen Fry's new autobiography and also A Week In December by Sebastian Faulks. Both very good.

I really want to read both of those!

Mademoiselle Lola. 20-09-2010 06:29 PM

I'm reading Pillow talk by Freya North.It's romance and I'm not ashamed by it.It's not cheesy,useless romance.I've also read Chloe by the same author and I liked it.Pillow talk is awesome and addictive.

lozza 22-09-2010 11:55 PM

just read an uncommon dialogue by debra J Drake
..I loved it but had to read it slowly as it was so close to home

am now reading the girl in the mirror by cathy glass
and at first I was qsting if I'd like it as its not a personal account of one of cathys foster children.. but rathe a novel inspired by a true story
...but from the very first chapter I was hooked and I only started reading it the other day and am already a quater of a way through it
I love love love ALL her books!!!

makedamnsure 23-09-2010 10:15 AM

Borderliners by Peter Hoeg
I'm only about 2 pages in and I love it already.

Just finished The Girl With The Dragon Tattoo. Thought it was a decent story but I'm not keen on the writing.

Goldenbird 23-09-2010 10:41 AM

I just finished the Day of the Triffids. I liked it. :)

one_step_closer 23-09-2010 03:13 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by lozza (Post 2501156)
am now reading the girl in the mirror by cathy glass

I'm reading this too but am finding it hard to get into.

lozza 24-09-2010 06:01 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by one_step_closer (Post 2501834)
I'm reading this too but am finding it hard to get into.

how far into it are you?
the first chap I found hard but the more I read the better it gets:) I find that anyway..

I am so annoyed though cuz I want her latest book "I miss Mummy" but it keeps being on back order cuz I'm from the country and apparently city people are more important... grrr

one_step_closer 24-09-2010 02:42 PM

^^ I think i'm on chapter 17.

lozza 24-09-2010 08:39 PM

oh ok further than me... if I was to be honest though I can really relate to the grandad being so ill... my own grandpa passed away 2 yrs ago in a similar way although he was in the hospital when it happened but he kept fighting for much longer than expected:) I miss him
...but maybe thats why I like it so much?

I hope you get into it soon though, it really is a good book I think

wolfy 24-09-2010 10:53 PM

I just finished The Philosopher and the Wolf. 'Tis probably one of my new favorite books of all time.
Next: Lost Souls by Lisa Jackson. Not sure how much I'm looking forward to that one.

Goldenbird 25-09-2010 10:34 PM

I've just started "Angry White Pyjamas" a book about a guy who trains Aikido for a year with the Tokyo riot police. It's really good, especially if you know anything about Aikido!

Laura2.0 25-09-2010 10:53 PM

Im reading 'the men who stare at goats'.

BeautyFiend 26-09-2010 12:40 AM

Just finished reading Catch 22 by Joseph Heller.
It took me a really long time cause I haven't had the time, but thats nothing to do with the quality of it. And it is quality. A brilliant book.

I'm reading The Fall by Guillermo del Toro. Read The Strain last year and have been waiting and waiting for this sequel! Love his movies and almost wee'd in excitement when I found out he was releasing a book.
The Strain is brilliant, and The Fall is equally as brilliant.
Quality horror/thriller/suspense books.

Dan 26-09-2010 12:54 AM

The girl with the dragon tattoo

Wasted - Mark Johnson

A million little pieces - James Frey

The Ladykiller - Martina Cole

Jigsaw man - Paul Britton

plus many more.

Sentient Treacle 26-09-2010 05:42 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by one_step_closer (Post 2497453)
A CLockwork Orange is on my 'to read' pile.

You have a very big reading list. Saying that so do I so, but yeah I'd recommend it, if just for the way Burgess has basically created a hybrid language just for the book.

And I need to read the Stephen Fry Chronicles. I loved Moab is my washpot.

one_step_closer 27-09-2010 04:36 PM

Yes, I do have a huge to read list! I have piles of books everywhere.

I'm now reading Handle With Care - Jodi Picoult and The Dialectical Behavior Skills Workbook.

MissM 28-09-2010 12:38 AM

The last book I finished was The Fry Chronicles, Stephen Fry, which I enjoyed and read quickly, which is rare for me nowadays. (and which i see from above is popular)

I will be going back to Notes From An Exhibition, by Patrick Gale, which I was reading before Stephen interrupted. I was enjoying it, but might start it again, to get back into it - I hadn't got very far.