RYL Forums

RYL Forums (https://www.recoveryourlife.com/forum/index.php)
-   Veterans Board (https://www.recoveryourlife.com/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=34)
-   -   Virtual Psych ward! (https://www.recoveryourlife.com/forum/showthread.php?t=1312)

Kahlia1981 04-11-2008 09:06 PM

*hugs Helen back*

BoundNoMore 04-11-2008 09:20 PM

*offers loads of cuddles*

Jetforce 04-11-2008 11:31 PM

*Cuddles everyone*

Pomegranate 05-11-2008 12:40 AM

I'm sorry the professionals are treating you like this Zowie, it's ****, it really is! Well done for getting through today though *squishes*

Good Luck Khalia, will be thinking of you *hugs* x

*leaves hugs and chocolate cupcakes for everyone else*

Kahlia1981 05-11-2008 05:28 AM

I got through the ECT. And had one of the head psych doctors at the hospital tell me that I couldn't possibly have had the issues that I've had. Now I feel even more like **** than I did before. This day is going to end with me hurting myself in some way, shape or form I can see it now.

Sorry everyone.

*hugs everyone*

Pomegranate 05-11-2008 05:31 AM

What does he mean you couldn't possibly have had the issues you've had?? How does he know? What a ****! Well done on getting through it though hun x

MammaMia 05-11-2008 09:59 AM

Yesterday was terrible.
Not sure I want to face the world today.
I just want to run and run and run :S

shadowedseraph 05-11-2008 11:54 AM

*hugs Helen and Kahlia* my poor dears, have many hugs and snuggles from me

Auburn Shadow 05-11-2008 12:02 PM

*hugs everyone*

No words... not doing great...

MammaMia 05-11-2008 02:35 PM

Today is bad too.
Well **** me.
What's the point of being alive?

Pomegranate 05-11-2008 02:59 PM

whats up Helen? *hugs*

Here if you want to talk Hannah too *squishes*

xxx

BoundNoMore 05-11-2008 05:53 PM

*cuddles Hannah, Helen, and Emma*

lost and alone 05-11-2008 06:00 PM

walks in goes stright for a bed.*curls up in a ball* and cuddles my teddybear. life sucks whats the point in even trying =/

zowie 05-11-2008 07:06 PM

*cuddles Helen and lost and alone*

Thank you for caring guys. Still having a rough time, voices are really bad. Dad's had to stay with me all day to keep me safe, and I therefore had to miss college and slept most of the day. When the voices would let me X(

Really don't know what to do. Called my CPN today and she suggested sleep and said she couldn't see me. Called EIP woman and her phone was off all day.

Got college tomorrow but I'm really scared I'm going to do something stupid. I don't feel safe around people at the moment, I'm carrying a knife again for protection and Beth keeps telling me to use it on people who, as far as I know, are no threat to me. x

MammaMia 05-11-2008 10:35 PM

*cuddles everyone tight*

This really isn't turning out to be a good week.
I seriously CANNOT wait to end uni for the weekend tomorrow :]

Have gone and somehow lost my wonderful travel pass so therefore cannot use any trains at the moment and having to get two buses to uni which means I'm having to leave real early every day, well will until I get my hands on a new one!!!

Such a ****ing **** week.
But a friend of mine is turning out to be a real rock for me at the mo.
Really helps <3

Yesterday was awful.
High speed train passed through again and yet again the temptation occured to my brain.
If that wasn't bad enough...I then had a SECOND one come through.
This then delayed my train sending me into a massive worry!
Eventually got off my train again and felt really stuipdly triggered so walked really hard to walk off the urge.
But that didn't work.
Complelty lost all sense of the present.
Panicked and somehow wrote a five page text to a few friends about it.
>.<
Don't know how I coped yesterday.
Then counselling appointment was ****.

She wants me to go see my doctor again and orginally I wasn't going to. But then I went and spoke to Heather (person who deals with disabilities etc) and she asked if I enquired about something at the DSA assessment which I didn't. But I'm going to see him to ask to give me some evidence of mental health difficulties which could be a hard task, but I'm only asking him so uni can get a mental health mentor, which would mean even more help and tbh I think that just might make him agree you know? (Emma what do you think?)

I feel like pulling my hair out haha.

1ofmany 05-11-2008 11:34 PM

Hi everyone sorry everything seems to be going so bad for you all at the moment. I haven't been hanging around here and sorry.
I am leaving you all with lots of support and sweet yummy things and teddies!

Auburn Shadow 06-11-2008 12:46 AM

*hugs helen and everyone else who needs/wants/will accept*

Wish I had more words for you Helen, I think, the more help you can get at uni, the better, and especially the mental health mentor, it's part of the reason why I dropped out in the end, they weren't giving me any help with anything at all, and I couldn't cope with it. I think if I'd had a mentor, maybe I'd still be at uni now, but, well, can't dwell on what might have been.

Hope the fireworks have stopped and you're getting a good night's sleep now hun.

------------------------------------------------------------------

Today's been what can only be described as interesting for me... and I'm not sure it was completely in a good way. Did get a few things sorted out, but I'm not going to go into them right now. Maybe in a few hours. Sleep's been eluding me somewhat recently, it's not helping, my cold, or my mental state, but I physically can't fall asleep at the moment. *sigh*

Kahlia1981 06-11-2008 01:16 AM

Hi all.

I had a **** of a night last night. Well the whole day was crap.
First the ECT (which I didn't want in the first place) and I woke up in the coma position - so we are guessing that my blood pressure dropped to a point where they were worried about it.
Second, my friend was having a bad day and I was trying to be supportive. He told me to go and have a shower and wash the goo out of my hair from the ECT, which I did. And I walked out and saw a note on the table saying "I'm sorry". He'd OD'd and kept trying to do so which really left me no option but to ring the ambulance.
I then sat up at the hospital with him until they let him go home. [Funny story there though .... my blood pressure must still have been low because when they put the cannula in him I went white and ended up with two nurses supporting me and another one finding a chair.]
He was feeling a bit better when we left the hospital last night but now says that he's feeling a bit flat ..... :(

Anyway, all of that aside. Yesterday I confirmed my booking for the surgery on my shoulder next week. And this morning got a call from the CAT team telling me that they have found me a bed in the psych ward.

Because I am going inpatient I wanted to let you all know, and to therefore let you know that I won't be online as much. But because I don't know how long I'm going to be IP for ..... I realise that won't be much help. I guess it all depends on which doctor I see and whether they follow my private pdoc's demands. And this one of the gods only knows.

*hugs to all*

I'll be thinking of you.

Pomegranate 06-11-2008 02:59 AM

I haven't got the energy to respond to this at the moment but I will leave a pile of hugs and nice thoughts for everyone and will try and respond tomorrow or later. *leaves hugs etc*. Helen, I do think that is a good idea but I will speak to you about it when my brain is working properly.

Currently writing an essay so that I have at least a chance of doing everything I have to do this week for next week. Also felt really triggered to do something very stupid for the first time in a while today which hasn't improved my mood at all.

*leaves more hugs*

Jetforce 06-11-2008 05:49 AM

*cuddles emma and helen*