RYL Forums

RYL Forums (https://www.recoveryourlife.com/forum/index.php)
-   Veterans Board (https://www.recoveryourlife.com/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=34)
-   -   Virtual Psych ward! (https://www.recoveryourlife.com/forum/showthread.php?t=1312)

Doikers 22-09-2010 07:27 PM

*Hugs Felicia* Your Roomie is just being a bitch it sounds like :(
Way to go on your singing , I liked your accent in that video you posted here a while ago :)

nicole94 22-09-2010 07:31 PM

*huggles everyone* thanks guys. its good that i got it all out and feel better, but i'm still really triggerd :( scared about whats gonna happen at college now, i mean they were really nice about it but i suppose im still scared that it might turn out like school....i mean theyve already said i should see the college counsellor, which i dont want to but im gonna go to one meeting just to show willing.

misskitty112 22-09-2010 07:33 PM

She is being a bitch, but I am NOT going to let myself quit/ be kicked out of BCM because of what she said. I love these people far too much for that.
Thanks, Mark =) I'm just not sure if "interesting" should be taken as a compliment. It's kind of like when I laugh (I kinda squeak a bit when I do, and it's really high pitched sometimes) people call it "interesting" but it really means "annoying". haha.

shadow13 22-09-2010 07:49 PM

*sits in the corner and starts rocking back and forth* Please make the thoughts stop, please. I don't wanna do it. I'm trying to stop. Please make the thoughts go away. please. :crying:

shadowedsoul 22-09-2010 07:51 PM

Cuddles all. Everthing kicked off today, it's stillgoing on. please make it stop. Sorry

Doikers 22-09-2010 07:53 PM

*Hugs shadow13* Whats going on there? are you okay?

*Hugs Jill* Whats happened?

The One Who 22-09-2010 09:31 PM

*sits in the corner and cries*

shadowedsoul 22-09-2010 09:36 PM

Sorry mark feel kinda out of it and very sleepy. Could deff sleep and erm matter it's ok

nicole94 22-09-2010 09:39 PM

*hides* feeling really triggerd and unsafe at the moment....

misskitty112 22-09-2010 10:43 PM

*hugs Nicole*
What's going on? You can PM/email me if you like.

SoMuchMore 22-09-2010 11:55 PM

*hugs felicia* sorry that your roommate was being a jerk. That really sucks. An "interesting" accent or laugh could still be a compliment... doesn't mean they think its annoying. I am told that I have an accent all the time.. I dont really think i do but everyone can tell I am from a specific part of illinois lol.

*hugs mark* how has your evening been?

*hugs crimson* Sounds like you've been doing a lot of work!! I'm glad that you will be completely out of debt soon! thats awesome! Also, that mocha frappe sounds AMAZING

*hugs sarah* im sorry you missed your lecture.

*hugs shadow13* you okay? I'm Laura by the way. Feel free to talk to us in here.

*hugs nicole* im sorry you are feeling so unsafe. You know you can always talk to any of us :-)

*hugs jill* hope you get some rest.

*cuddles helen, heather, crimson, and mark* thanks for replying to my little feeling invisible outburst :-/ it means a lot, really <3

I know i can't give up... its just a very tempting option sometimes. Still feeling unsafe though, trying not to harm though b/c my parents are coming up here this weekend to visit. I am so anxious about work though... Have to leave in like 15 minutes. I know that logically they cant get that mad right? i mean its only one day, i know i only work there 4 days a week b/c its part time but... this is closer to what I want to do for a career... so that has to come first right? O crap, thinking about this more is freaking me out. I should be quiet.

shadow13 23-09-2010 12:08 AM

[quote=Doikers;2500802]*Hugs shadow13* Whats going on there? are you okay?

No, no I'm not, I don't wanna...Y'know but I keep thinking about it, I need to but I don't want to! I've had a horrible day and my mind keeps running through it over and over again. And I refuse to .......

:crying:

I don't like this feeling at all, I can't cope with today but I will cuz I want to stay free for awhile longer.

shadow13 23-09-2010 12:12 AM

extra

[quote=Fallinstar0317;2501157] *hugs shadow13* you okay? I'm Laura by the way. Feel free to talk to us in here.

Read above post. Thanks btw. I'm learning to talk to people on here and You seem really nice

Kahlia1981 23-09-2010 12:42 AM

*huggles all wardies who want/can accept hugs*

Sorry I haven't been around much. We had to send our modem-route away to be replaced and then transplanted our computers and mine decided to have issues. I've been feeling a bit invisible/ignored anyway but that could just be where my head is at. Meh. I think I'm addicted to the internet ...

*curls up with Puppy SinClair*

xxjuliexx 23-09-2010 01:49 AM

*sits and looks around then pulls out some bubble wrap and starts popping it* u want some?

SoMuchMore 23-09-2010 07:04 AM

*hugs claire* i'm sorry, i didnt mean to miss you earlier in my replies. whats wrong hun? Hope you are okay.

*hugs julie* oo ill play with bubble wrap! lol. how r u?

*hugs kahlia* I understand what you mean about feeling invisible/ignored. I think it happens to all of us on here sometimes. Know that I try to keep up with you though. On here and in your thread, i just don't always have words of advice :-/ and when that happens i tend to keep my mouth shut for fear of saying something pointless. Im sorry you are having computer problems.

*hugs shadow13* I'm sorry that you had such a bad day, and replaying thoughts over and over can really suck. I tend to do the same thing after a bad day. My PM box is always open if you want/need to talk.

That goes for everyone actually, my PM box is always open :-)

Telling work went okay.. she was a little annoyed but not too mad... although she did make it so that i have to go to one job, leave for the other, and then come back.. which kinda sucks, but that was the compromise for now.

Doikers 23-09-2010 08:58 AM

*Hugs Laura*

*Hugs Julie*

*Hugs Kahlia*

*Hugs shadow13*

*Hugs Felicia*

*Hugs Jill*

*Hugs Nicole*

*Hugs Claire*

*Hugs all my other fellow wardies*

Doikers 23-09-2010 09:11 AM

Men are Drilling holes in my walls and then are going to pump the holes full of insulating stuff , They rang my doorbell at 8.30am and I was still in bed but I got up because I didn't want them looking through my window at me sleeping . It's pretty loud drilling.

Kahlia1981 23-09-2010 09:32 AM

*hugs all wardies*

Laura: I know what you mean - sometimes the ward moves so fast it seems that you just get passed by, but that is not necessarily so. I guess it's kind of made worse by being on the other side of the world to most people *hugs you* I also get you on the not having words of advice and keeping the mouth shut.

*glomps Mark* - I hope that the drilling doesn't go on for too long. :-(

I have damaged my arm. I want it to stop hurting. I wish it would stop hurting. *sigh* So tired too. Maybe tomorrow will be better. . . I can dream.

*goes into the garden to play with Puppy SinClair*

Doikers 23-09-2010 09:39 AM

*Squishes Kahlia and gently hugs her arm* Tomorrow COULD be better , I hope it's a good day for you :)

Doikers 23-09-2010 10:23 AM

Crap crap crap , I'm worried sick about my best friend , I texted her to see if she wanted to get coffee on Saturday and she texted back to say she coulden't as she had had "a bit of a psychotic episode" and is still recovering . I haven't seen her in over a month and now am super anxious . I wanted to give her her birthday presant on Saturday ( her birthday was on the 10th) but now I can't and I'm super worried about her.I've never had a psychotic episode that I know of does anyone know where I can get some info on them from online?

MammaMia 23-09-2010 10:40 AM

I think they can mean different things for different people Mark. *cuddles* I hope you get to catch up with her soon.

*hugs rest of the wardies*

Doikers 23-09-2010 10:57 AM

Thankyou for the Cuddles Helen *Hugs*

shadowedsoul 23-09-2010 11:56 AM

Cuddles all. Erm got way to much running through my mind right now, person in my real life has had a stroke it's really bad she can't speak, work worries, stuiped thoughts. I just want to curl up and disappear can't handle this

Kahlia1981 23-09-2010 12:03 PM

How deep in do you want to get Mark because there is a wealth of information out there on the world wide web. But Helen's right.

For me, when I go into a psychotic episode I usually get: tactile (touch), visual and auditory (voices) hallucinations as well as delusions, paranoia, confused or disordered thinking, and the changed emotional response (also referred to technically as "negative affect") which means that I respond differently to things emotionally.

This is an Australian TV (and the like) site and the fact sheet reads okay just for a basic introduction to give you a general idea.
This one is from a more medically based location but doesn't try to go too in depth.

I don't know which will suit you better or if neither will but it might give you a handle on what you are searching for.

The big problem with information for all mental health conditions is that the symptoms vary so much from individual to individual. AND sometimes from episode to episode.

*hugs Mark*

*glomps Helen*

Doikers 23-09-2010 12:41 PM

Thankyou Kahlia , those links look useful :) *Hugs*

I just got back from the Cyber Cafe where I volunteer , there was 4 volunteers and only 1 customer so they told me to come back at 3pm :S I got soaked in the rain , am SO triggered , the Cyber Cafe sending me away is like the straw that broke the camels back what with My GP messing up my Diaz and My friend being ill and I'm so worried about her and just want to help but don't know how . I've got so many pent up feelings and I don't know what to do with them :S:S:S:S

The One Who 23-09-2010 12:47 PM

Wow, a cyber cafe! I always knew they were around, but never actually seen or been in one. I'm sorry you are triggered though Mark *hugs* can you do something like play a game or go for a walk or something, just to release some of the feelings?

I'm not feeling much better today.

Doikers 23-09-2010 01:07 PM

*Hugs Claire* I'd never been in one before I started volunteering a few weeks ago either . I e-mailed my volunteer worker even though she doesn't work Thrusdays but I had to e-mail someone, and I made an entry in my paper journal , not huge but hey .I also cut , it was all too much .it's dressed up now .

I'm sorry you are not feeling well Claire :(

I think I NEED to lie down :S

The One Who 23-09-2010 01:09 PM

*hugs* go for a lie down if you feel you need one.

MammaMia 23-09-2010 01:56 PM

*hides in her corner and cries*

Sorry.
*returns hugs and glomps to those who gave me them*

one_step_closer 23-09-2010 03:02 PM

*hugs everyone*

SoMuchMore 23-09-2010 04:04 PM

*hugs kahlia, lindsay, jill, and claire*

*hugs helen* whats wrong hun? you dont need to be sorry.

*hugs mark* im sorry about your friend. I hope she recovers okay. You've got a lot going on right now it seems, no wonder you're stressed. Hope that you stay safe, and that laying down for a little helps.

my um.. my dog was put down last night :'( Its been a long time coming but.. yeah.

shadowedsoul 23-09-2010 04:56 PM

Cuddles all. Argh what the hell is it with today. . Curls up and hides

nicole94 23-09-2010 04:59 PM

*hugs everyone then hides and writes in her diary*

Doikers 23-09-2010 05:02 PM

*Hugs Helen*

*Hugs Nicole*

*Hugs Jill*

*Hugs Lindsay*

*Hugs Laura* I'm SO sorry to hear about your dog .

FlyingNy 23-09-2010 05:07 PM

*Hugs everyone* Jill, I'm sorry to hear about your friend/person you know. I found out an old lady I used to see around a lot died. I didn't know her that well, but it's just kinda sad y'know...I hope your friend gets better soon, and I hope you feel better too.

*Hugs Mark* You can always let out all those pent up feelings on one massive long rant on here. No one's going to mind. I know the feeling. Trust me.

*Hugs Laura* Sorry about your dog :(

*Hugs Helen* What's up honey?

*Hugs Claire* I'm sorry you're not feeling any better, I hope you do soon. :(

*Hugs Lindey* How you feeling today?

*Hugs Nicole* How are you today?

nicole94 23-09-2010 05:09 PM

*hugs mark and lia* how are you both?
lia-i'm ok thanks, a bit triggerd but more tired really.

Doikers 23-09-2010 05:37 PM

So.......I got back to the Cyber Cafe as I was told only to be told by a different guy that they already had a volunteer and I was to come back Wednesday to arrange a shift on Saturday *Sigh* I don't drive so I've walked over an hour back and forth to that place and didn't get to volunteer which I'm spuposed to be doing to get my self esteem and confidence increased *Sigh* and I got wet walking :S A little pissed off that they are messing me about :S

*Hugs Lia* How are you ?

nicole94 23-09-2010 05:40 PM

*huggles mark* i'm sorry they keep messing you about with shifts. is there anyone there that you can talk to to get it resolved?

Doikers 23-09-2010 05:53 PM

*Huggles Nicole* I think I'll just wait and go in next Wednesday but I WILL be bringing this up with Anne from the Volunteer Beuro . I'm mentally exausted ........

nicole94 23-09-2010 05:57 PM

aaaw. *hugs* it's not right of them to mess you around like this, make sure you tell someone.
for some reason i really want to go to college tomorrow....and i'm not supposed to go in on fridays. lol

FlyingNy 23-09-2010 05:57 PM

Guys...

nicole94 23-09-2010 06:03 PM

lia....?

Doikers 23-09-2010 06:15 PM

Lia , you okay?

nicole94 23-09-2010 06:29 PM

lia sweetie. please answer, you can PM me if you like. x

Scarletdreamer 23-09-2010 06:36 PM

Lia, honey, are you okay?? my PM box is open, ALWAYS, for anyone here... but please, do answer. We're getting worried about you. :( *cuddles gently*

Mark, sorry the people at the cyber cafe are messing about with your shifts, that bites. And it's not good of them to not have let you know beforehand, have you let anyone know there that you don't drive? (random question but if they knew that then they might think to call you up or summat before you came in because for you, it's not just a simple hop-in-the-car-and-drive-there sort of thing) *cuddles*

Hels, what's up, hon?

Kahlia, sorry you've been feeling ignored. I, too, understand that feeling. :( And it's gotta be hard coming from the other side of the world, too. *cuddles* How'd you damage your arm?? :(

Laura, so sorry to hear about your dog. :( That sucks, and has got to hurt... *cuddles gently* Here if you need to talk, love.

*hides in the warren where no one can find her*

nicole94 23-09-2010 06:45 PM

*finds april and hugs her* are you ok hun?
i'm really worried about lia now :/

taz35 23-09-2010 06:51 PM

*hugs everyone*

MammaMia 23-09-2010 06:58 PM

I'm worried about Lia too, hopefully her post just got submitted whilst she was typing and hasn't realised yet, or something. We all know how much of an epic fail technology can be. I hope you're okay sweetie, we're here for you.

*cuddles all*

I'm sorry I haven't replied about what's wrong. Nowhere feels safe to. But I will admit that I'm really really struggling :'(

nicole94 23-09-2010 07:02 PM

*hugs helen* i hope your right and lia is ok. what do you mean 'nowhere feels safe to* hun? are you safe though?