RYL Forums

RYL Forums (https://www.recoveryourlife.com/forum/index.php)
-   Veterans Board (https://www.recoveryourlife.com/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=34)
-   -   Virtual Psych ward! (https://www.recoveryourlife.com/forum/showthread.php?t=1312)

shadowedseraph 15-10-2008 04:55 PM

*hugs zowie*

MammaMia 15-10-2008 05:39 PM

*hugs you both*

I've seen my gp today heh.

Thanks to Emma for coming :) Much appericated :]

Kahlia1981 15-10-2008 07:19 PM

*hugs shadowedseraph, Helen, and Zowie*

Ach it's 4 am and not only am I awake, but I've started cleaning. I did actually manage some sleep 3.5 or 4 hours of it but now I'm feeling the urge to start filling the garbage bin. I just can't seem to switch off. Meh.

Helen - just wanted to let you know that you aren't alone with having had to miss chunks of a uni semester. The first time I tried to study I had that issue. When I went back 2.5 years ago I had to do it one subject at a time. Last semester I managed 2 subjects, but then I had something happen that resulted in a breakdown. So I know where you are coming from. *special hugs and "fairy" wishes that your second half of semester will be better*

Zowie - I went through something similar when I entered recovery from my ED. What I went through explains in some part why I have issues with medications. *hugs for you*

*hugs everyone then dives under the bed to try and get some more sleep*

1ofmany 15-10-2008 08:41 PM

This is **** can I go now please?

shadowedseraph 15-10-2008 09:05 PM

*hugs Kahlia* hope you get some sleep honey

MammaMia 15-10-2008 09:24 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Kahlia1981 (Post 1154771)
*hugs shadowedseraph, Helen, and Zowie*

Ach it's 4 am and not only am I awake, but I've started cleaning. I did actually manage some sleep 3.5 or 4 hours of it but now I'm feeling the urge to start filling the garbage bin. I just can't seem to switch off. Meh.

Helen - just wanted to let you know that you aren't alone with having had to miss chunks of a uni semester. The first time I tried to study I had that issue. When I went back 2.5 years ago I had to do it one subject at a time. Last semester I managed 2 subjects, but then I had something happen that resulted in a breakdown. So I know where you are coming from. *special hugs and "fairy" wishes that your second half of semester will be better*

*hugs back* Thanks for making me feel less alone. I feel really guilty about it because if I don't turn up for lectures, my notetakers (I have 3!) don't get paid for working with me. It's like some of the time, it hasn't been my fault cus of my timetable being changed. But I could have gone in last weds and today. But I just didnt feel I could cope cus I was ill. Then had I not overslept Monday, that would have been fine. So I think I'm going to end up spending most of not next week but the week after (or maybe next week after all) catching up on notes/reading and doing any work I may need to do. Which reminds me I need to see my it lecturer about this assignment, well I may not need to once I've read it again LOL! I think I've gone into uni too soon somedays, I'm not coping that great...:S I wish I lived in halls, it'd be easier in some respects. So I could actually attend some society stuff without worrying about travelling there/home. I hope you've gotten some more sleep. =\

*hugs everyone else*

I'm pissed off and drinking a bit of alcohol. Why is everything going so badly at the moment? Well yeah I've had some good times too recently, but still...

shadowedseraph 15-10-2008 09:29 PM

*hugs Helen* sometimes life just doesnt work out the way we'd like it to!

Dramatic 15-10-2008 09:32 PM

How did the GP appt go Helen? x

MammaMia 15-10-2008 09:37 PM

It was okay actually. He wants to check up on me, in the way of having to see him next wednesday aswell. He asked why I was suidical and I don't think he thought they were good enough but hey ho. He made do another dperession test (I've done like 3/4 for him now LOL) and stuff and then given me some reading to do woohoo. I'm so glad Emma came....

MammaMia 15-10-2008 09:40 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by shadowedseraph (Post 1155127)
*hugs Helen* sometimes life just doesnt work out the way we'd like it to!

Indeed not!!! *hugs back* What's your name btw lol xx

shadowedseraph 15-10-2008 10:04 PM

*snuggles* tis Becca

1ofmany 15-10-2008 10:11 PM

People like me should not be alowed to think. I am almost there...just need a little more time and research.

MammaMia 15-10-2008 10:16 PM

*hugs Becca*

1ofmany, why not sweetie?

1ofmany 15-10-2008 10:19 PM

All i think about is pain and death. Also about how my friends hate me...but they are my friends and dont hate me...do they? but how crap a friend am i if i think this of them.

Argh is like that 100 times faster and 1000 times worse shooting through my head!

MammaMia 15-10-2008 10:28 PM

*hugs tight* It's hard to deal with those thoughts I know, I've had a lot of them recently. It WILL get better. I know it's proper hard to believe that but it will :)

I helped a fresher from my uni today who I've been get friendly with and who also happens to be on here. It seems to have helped her somewhat and that's helped make me feel a bit better. I've felt like my mood is improving and the suidice thoughts are going away/less intense. Let's hope they stay that way eh? :)

Dramatic 15-10-2008 10:32 PM

A depression test?
How bizarre! I've never done one of them before.
I'm intrigued!

What sort of reading does he want you to do?
What reasons did you give him for feeling suicidal?

I'm glad you had Emma as company.
xx

Kahlia1981 15-10-2008 10:33 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Hells (Post 1155112)
*hugs back* Thanks for making me feel less alone. I feel really guilty about it because if I don't turn up for lectures, my notetakers (I have 3!) don't get paid for working with me. It's like some of the time, it hasn't been my fault cus of my timetable being changed. But I could have gone in last weds and today. But I just didnt feel I could cope cus I was ill. Then had I not overslept Monday, that would have been fine. So I think I'm going to end up spending most of not next week but the week after (or maybe next week after all) catching up on notes/reading and doing any work I may need to do. Which reminds me I need to see my it lecturer about this assignment, well I may not need to once I've read it again LOL! I think I've gone into uni too soon somedays, I'm not coping that great...:S I wish I lived in halls, it'd be easier in some respects. So I could actually attend some society stuff without worrying about travelling there/home. I hope you've gotten some more sleep. =.

*hugs right back at you* Sometimes unfortunately things like that happen. I can understand why you feel guilty for not going. I hope that you make it to your lectures and tutorials as appropriate. *hugs*

*hugs everyone else*

I tried to sleep again but I didn't make it. Oh well.

1ofmany 15-10-2008 10:39 PM

I did a depresion test onece and lied on it. I told the person i would.
When they asked why i said cos it was a peice of paper and was easy to do it, why should i have to put it on the paper should you be talking to me?

She said "i see"

Detour. Derail 15-10-2008 10:47 PM

I feel sick :(

Dramatic 15-10-2008 10:57 PM

I have often wondered what the point of depression tests are.
Doesn't take much for anyone to lie on it does it?
I mean, someone could say they're fine..and they actually aren't, and vice versa.
It's quite obvious what the answers would be and what outcome there would be when handing it over.
I'm not sure if i'd approve to fill one out, i'd rather someone spoke to me face to face about it.

This isn't a dig at you Hells!!
More a dig at the doctors! Hah.
It's just a personal opinion on it! I know of someone who's had to take a test after having a baby - i'm guessing to define if she was suffering from PND - and she thought the whole thing was a bit silly as well.