RYL Forums

RYL Forums (https://www.recoveryourlife.com/forum/index.php)
-   Veterans Board (https://www.recoveryourlife.com/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=34)
-   -   Virtual Psych ward! (https://www.recoveryourlife.com/forum/showthread.php?t=1312)

one_step_closer 24-11-2010 05:30 PM

I agree, Felicia. Please reach out to someone, they will hopefully be able to help.

Doikers 24-11-2010 05:31 PM

*Hugs Lia* How are you ?

*Spots and Hugs Lindsay*

misskitty112 24-11-2010 05:48 PM

I'm wondering who would be the best to call. I'm about just to say I need to see my whole team at once, since it'll go through them all anyway.

*Hugs Lindsay and Lia* How're you guys?

FlyingNy 24-11-2010 07:32 PM

Quiet ward tonight. I've just finished my theatre studies homework and I swear if I hear the name 'Brecht' one more time, I might throttle someone. Sociology now, oh the joys. I'm alright though.

misskitty112 24-11-2010 07:47 PM

I still need to work on my Brit Lit paper. No motivation. It's almost 3 PM and I still haven't really gotten out of bed for more than an hour or so.

Doikers 24-11-2010 07:49 PM

*Hugs Lia*Who's that "B" person? Don't throttle me!

*Hugs Felicia*I'm sorry you have no motivation , me either sometimes , *Extra Hugs*

misskitty112 24-11-2010 07:56 PM

Thanks, Mark.
I need to call my psych, I need to work on my paper, I need to cook for Thanksgiving (or leave the US for the rest of the week... either works.). I cannot bring myself to do anything. at all.

Oh, and I second Mark's question, Lia. I was just slightly afraid to ask it. haha.

Doikers 24-11-2010 08:08 PM

Felicia I think you should all your Pysch first , I'm concerned about you :S
Then you will have a time and date to meet your Dr, and that might help .

misskitty112 24-11-2010 08:13 PM

I know I need to. I know, but I'm still under care of the state from 2008, cause my psych hasn't released me yet, and this means I can be hospitalized like *that*, and words cannot explain how much I hate that and don't want it.

FlyingNy 24-11-2010 08:19 PM

Some people find the hospital is a positive experience for them, but I can understand why you might not want it Felicia. Although I too am worried about you :S

And Bre*ht is a playwright/director. He was a strong supporter of epic theatre and believed that plays should not be for entertainment, but to influence society and convince individuals to change the world. His plays always carry a social or political message and he doesn't like the audience to believe in what they are seeing, he doesn't want them to forget they are in a theatre. An Inspector Calls is very Brecht if anyone's heard of it. Anywho...

How are you Mark?

*Spots Shad* Hey, how are you today?

Doikers 24-11-2010 08:19 PM

Oh Felicia Hun , I've been hospitalised in the fairly recent past and I know how scary that can be but I think if you go to your Dr and say "this is the date I have set myself to die" they will see that you are trying so hard to help yourself and they can put in extra support on the days surrounding your date , thats what my support team ( well some of them ) did they were amazing . Remember , Hospital is a vey last resort , they won't admit you unless they think you are an IMMEDIATE risk to yourself or others . *Squishes*

misskitty112 24-11-2010 08:27 PM

I'm calling... This may be the only thing I have motivation to do, but that's fine, I suppose. I'm so nervous.

FlyingNy 24-11-2010 08:29 PM

*Hugs Felicia* We're all behind you :)

I'm done with sociology now and have moved onto my word count for the day. NaNoWriMo (National Novel Writing Month) is slowly sucking out my soul. I like having work to do though, it makes me feel as if there's a point to it all, and I am not just totally wasting my life.

shadow13 24-11-2010 08:31 PM

Hey, sorry I wasn't on yesterday, I went to sleep! YAY! So yeah, also yesterday morning I finally went to the hospital, I've been waiting for this appointment for like 4 months apparantly... :blink: Well I've suffered with migrains for almost 2 and a half years so I got refered to the hospital instead of going to the doctors every month. I'm on new meds. They're called Propanolol. But they have... kinda harsh side-effects. They main ones being: Dizziness, blurred vision and they can slow down my pulse - which can lead to fainting. I'm only been on them a day so far. I've taken 3 (one at night and one in the morning, started them at night - supposed to take 2 aday).
It's what happened today I'm worried about. I was lying on my bed and I suddenly felt a wave of sickness hit me and a feeling of guilt and worry settled in the pit of my stomache. And then... I started crying.... I didn't know why though. And when my mom asked what I was worrying about, I told her - while sobbing - that 'I really didn't know', then added, 'everything'.
Was this an anxiety attack? What the HELL just happened 20 minuets ago?

Doikers 24-11-2010 08:34 PM

*Hugs Shad* That sounds horrible , are the meds helping your migraines?

SparkleKitten 24-11-2010 08:36 PM

Failed an exam today. Not sure what this means for my uni career but it can't be too good. Kinda out of it mentally, been drinking more than I should have the past month or so and my head feels funny today.

Shadow - I've had a few of those recently, I just don't remember them and other people have to remind me of them.

Sounds like a lot Lia *hugs*

*Cuddles Mark* been a while :)

Felicia! *snuggles* hope you're doing okay x

*snuggles everyone else* sorry my individuals suck, not really with it... Sorry for not being about much either

shadow13 24-11-2010 08:36 PM

yep, a little. In a week i'm allowed to up the dosage... I fear I may have to. Cuz I'm still getting headaches. And after.... whatever just happened... I feel I dunno.... blank. Like something is just.... gone.

FlyingNy 24-11-2010 08:45 PM

Shad, I wouldn't know about anxiety attacks, having never had one. Maybe you could google them. Good old google never fails. *Hugs*

*Hugs Sarah* I don't want to sound like a nag, so I won't say much, but please do try not to drink too much, it only masks your problems and causes bigger ones in the long run.

Doikers 24-11-2010 08:46 PM

*Hugs Sarah* I'm sure one exam in a whole lot won't make a difference hun :)

*Hugs Shad* Perhaps you'll build up a tolerance to the meds and won't feel the side effects after a short while.

shadow13 24-11-2010 08:50 PM

I love google. <3 go google! I always say to people: 'Google it.'

I forgot to mention that my doctor asked me as a follow on from my last appointment - where i broke down and started crying about things at school - if i wanted the child and mental health psychiatrist and I said 'I think so' cuz my mom was there with me. So i'm getting one. Do I tell them about me cutting? well, being a recovering cutter. my 2 months free is tomorrow! won't they put me in rehab or something? or tell my mom? I don't wanna go through that. I don't want her to know or my dad. I don't wanna go to rehab or anything..... So do I tell my psychiatrist? What can I tell them?