RYL Forums

RYL Forums (https://www.recoveryourlife.com/forum/index.php)
-   Veterans Board (https://www.recoveryourlife.com/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=34)
-   -   Virtual Psych ward! (https://www.recoveryourlife.com/forum/showthread.php?t=1312)

risenfromperdition 05-06-2010 03:07 AM

it was over 90 degrees here... GROSS. haha

xxjuliexx 05-06-2010 07:20 AM

*whines* my foot hurts :notsure:

xxjuliexx 05-06-2010 10:11 AM

*curls up small*

Kitkat :) 05-06-2010 10:59 AM

DBT is Dialectical Behavioural Therapy... It's mainly used to treat Borderline Personality Disorder (but I don't have that).
Its supposed to help you get in touch with your emotions... or something... and help you control them, meditate, and brings in touches of Buddhism to the whole thing. It's also useful for mood spectrum disorders, as well as helping to beat the urges in self harming and is useful for survivors of sexual abuse.

I guess that's why she chose it for me then...

Doikers 05-06-2010 11:15 AM

*Hugs Kat * I hope you slept well and Hazell too.
*Hugs Kahlia* I'm sorry you had a crap night , I hope your day improved .:)
*Hugs Laura*You are always welcome here , I for one care whats going on with you :)
*Hugs Helen* HEEE I've never played the Sims but you seem to enjoy it , yey!Happy that you are in a better place :)
*Hugs April* Sorry you are in a Bad place , please try not to cut ,you are worth so much more than that .
*hugs Heather* 90 Degrees . Crickey , remember to keep covered up , or in the shade .
*Hugs Julie* What have you done to make your foot hurt ? :S
*Hugs Kitkat* Good luck with your therapy, I've had CBT in the past , not sure if they are similar?

Doikers 05-06-2010 11:33 AM

Ugh , sorry to be my usual whinging self , I can't leave the flat , I've got NO energy , I just feel lazy ,I have no motivation to do anything , I hate this depression , HATE it!!, I don't know how to function anymore:(

Kahlia1981 05-06-2010 11:35 AM

*hugs/waves at all ward mates*

Heather: Your post made me miss summer, lol. I'm sorry it was so hot for you though. We get some nasty weather in summer, 34+ degree (Celsius) with high Humidity, so I can understand where you are coming from. *glomps*

Julie: Sorry to hear your foot hurts. Have you done something to injure it? *offers huggles*

Kathryn: *hugs* I have DID and schizoaffective disorder and have been treated with CBT, DBT and ACT at different times. The DBT did absolutely nothing for me, not even in relation to my SI, but I hope that it does something for you. I knew that ACT had touches of Buddhism as it is basically a therapy created from a mix of the two, but I wasn't aware that DBT did. Interesting. Anyway, to echo Mark, good luck with your therapy.

Mark: *cuddles* My day has been extremely interesting. Thank you very much for your well wishes.

Things today have been . . . interesting. I wrote about it in my thread, and to save re-hashing you can just read it there. I've only linked to the post in question, so please feel free to alter the URL if required.

Very, very cold and very, very tired. I think I shall sleep.

Doikers 05-06-2010 11:39 AM

Wow Kahlia thats a lot to read , I can't do that right now ( Focus of a knat) but I'll try to try again later ok , sorry

Scarletdreamer 05-06-2010 11:50 AM

I didn't cut last night... but I came pretty close... then Jarrod came home. :-S He doesn't know how bad it was... :-/ ...and I'm not going to tell him.

I'm really quite tired... got up about 20 minutes ago. I have to write my "midterm report" on my internship, and I have no idea how to do that!! It's supposed to be in APA style, which I know, but I don't know exactly how he (my advisor/faculty supervisor) wants me to do it - because I don't think I'll be using any references? So I really have no clue... feel so stupid. :( And I NEED to get this done, it's not just something I can "skip over" because I think it counts for a lot of points and I don't want to get a C or something on my internship. :'(

I'm so sick of this. I just want uni to be OVER WITH. :'(

*hides in a deep, dark part of the warren where no one can find her* :'(

jonikd 05-06-2010 11:57 AM

*hugs Mark, Kahlia, April, Julie tight*

April, I love your birthday pics and your cello rocks. Its nice to see you HAPPY! in those photos, hang on to it babe, you totally don't need to respond to my PM, I just wanted you to know I care 'K?

Kahlia, I read your post, as I read most of your stuff. Wish I could be here more for you, but that's cool. I am here, and one day you might want to talk *hugs*

Taz, you are quite awesome, and your replies must be hard work and are very much appreciated *also hugs*

Kat, your response a few pages back is epic, and don't think I'd ever be up to that level of detail and commitment. Thank you.

Laura, I am worried about you and feeling for you. I've offered before and I do it again, I'm here if you need to talk

Helen, I still here for you too hun.

Julie, what happened to your foot babe? Nice to "chat" to you today

To everyone else, I am thinking about you all, but once again have had meds and too much to drink [note to self must stop that]

I miss Nicole and Oliver and often wonder where they're at *sighs*

Hayley and Crimson you guys too I look up to and love it when you're around.

Today I have been "passively suicidal" which kinda sucks, but made it through and off to bed now. Rahhh.

Anyway, raving now, nite all
xx

xxjuliexx 05-06-2010 11:59 AM

dad thinks maybe i rolled my ankle and my combat fitness class

Doikers 05-06-2010 12:00 PM

*Hugs April * I'm sorry you are having a hard time of it , I Just missed you on FB I had set my P.C. to shut down and then you poked me and by the time I got back online you were gone , really sorry , I don't really understand your uni stuff having never attended myself but I'm sure you can do your internship and do it really well , you did the main bit of uni now how many weeks of your internship have you left? You CAN do it , I totally beleive in you April :)

Ohh April you added me as your RYL Brother , made me smile :) TY

one_step_closer 05-06-2010 01:35 PM

Hi everyone.

wolfos3d 05-06-2010 01:46 PM

*waves* hi.

MammaMia 05-06-2010 02:35 PM

*offers hugs to all*

Kahlia, I do take time out for me ;) Am still very worried about said best friend (and now my other one too), can't get in contact because her phone's either off or dead as it's going straight to voice mail =[

Scarletdreamer 05-06-2010 03:08 PM

*cuddles everyone who can accept them*

I spies a Hels!! :D and a Wolf. :D

Welcome, Wolf (I don't know your first name so is there anything you'd rather be called?) - both to this thread and to RYL. :) I'm April.

Hey Lindsay... how are you doing? & how are you liking the course you're taking? (sorry, don't know exactly what it is!!)

Hels, I'm sorry that you are so worried about your besties. That has to be really rough on you. *extra cuddle* I hope you take some healthy time for you... :) because you deserve it.

Kahlia, having a broken up night of sleep really does suck. :( No worries about "whinging" about it... it's really hard keeping up with, well, life, when you're exhausted. (Hehe - tell me about it - even though I get plenty of sleep I'm always exhausted.) How are you doing otherwise?

Laura, hon, I'm worried about you too... PM box is open whenever. Please remember that, 'kay, love?

Mark, love, how are you doing this morning/afternoon? Hopefully better than you were yesterday - so sorry we couldn't chat for longer, wish we could've. :( But I had to go out to eat with my parents and sister, otherwise I probably would've cut or something, I don't know. :-S I'm so glad that I help you though!! *extra cuddles*

JK, how are you doing, sweet? ♥ Hopefully sleeping as I type this... :)

Kat, Kathryn, Oliver, Julie, Nicole, Taz, Shaz, and anyone else I missed - how are you all doing? *cuddles all*

I'm really tired. Just got back from shopping, got a few things... and Taz, I'll try to take a pic of that panda shirt just for you. ;) Although probably not on me as I'm, erp... yeah... ugly. :-S

Jarrod's off doing his motorcycle safety training course now, it's 10:10am and he'll be gone for another while, makes me want to cut 'cause he's out having fun and I'm not really, and I'm stressed over my internship, and I'm alone and lonely............. :crying:

Never mind. I'll be okay.

:-S

wolfos3d 05-06-2010 03:41 PM

My first name's Jessica. I'm not really fussed what people call me, as long as it's nothing insulting. :) *hug*

Doikers 05-06-2010 05:30 PM

Hi Jessica *Waves*

CrazyHayley 05-06-2010 05:36 PM

Hello there my fellow wardies! I've popped in on an outpatient basis as I promised I would!

*goes around the ward to give appropriate tlc to all her wardmates*

So busy as usual with the unfortunate usual struggles :( I so wish that I could wave a magic wand and help you all more. *sends out positive thoughts and comforting prayers*

I've been doing ok. Wasn't sure on the 3rd of june if I could celebrate 11 months free or not as I had the slip up last month....but it was only 1 little cut....I just feel like I'd be lying if I said I was free....but then only you guys in here know that I slipped up, so to people IRL I am 11months free....hmm...

Anyhoo, Reggie the rabbit had his bunny health check and 1st injection yesterday and is settling in well but really doesn't want to be handled. I may not be cutting atm, but my arms have never looked so bad!! (though thats cos my place of choice was always my legs...anyhoo...) He likes being stroked when its on his terms, but when he wants to play he has none of it! Apart from the awkwardness in setting up the laptop cos of the wires and having to make sure he's in his hutch when I do my physio, our first week together went smoothly. I think its really good for me to have him now, the time passes so much more quickly and he keeps my mind focused on him other than random thoughts. So now with no PMDD to deal with, I think he'll be great furry therapy for me to help me cope with the depression I get due to my M.E.

Sorry to waffle about me, but I wanted to share my good news and improvements with those who I shared my struggles with. You all mean a great deal to me and are always in my thoughts and healing prayers.

*toddles out to smoking shelter*

"oh puppy sinclair are you coming out?!"

CrazyHayley 05-06-2010 05:43 PM

*sprays self with pretty smelling stuff so as to not stink of fags*

Eoghan will be round soon for dinner and a dvd evening, but I've just noticed that I'm one quest away from acheiving 250 quests! Whoop whoop!! So think I need to try and complete a quick quest before he arrives! Hope my fellow WoW'ers are still enjoying themselves and finding it a good distraction.

*extra tlc for all those who want it*