RYL Forums

RYL Forums (https://www.recoveryourlife.com/forum/index.php)
-   General Chat (https://www.recoveryourlife.com/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=21)
-   -   The 'I need a distraction' thread. (https://www.recoveryourlife.com/forum/showthread.php?t=243064)

not_so_insig 28-02-2023 12:23 PM

Kings of Leon are coming to the UK very soon. They're only playing in one place but they are playing in Germany.

Cacoethes 28-02-2023 12:23 PM

Aww bless him.
Is he ok?

Zurg 28-02-2023 12:28 PM

He is okay :)
He just doesn't like to be snatched and bun-handled and put into his transport bag at all!!!! He is sitting in his litter box right now and munching some hay while pooping. Multitasking is a thing that bunnies are masters at!!!

I'm contemplating a coffee before having to run errands like a headless chicken.
I wish i had some cake…. I might tempt myself enough when i do my grocery shop that resistance to buying cake Will be futile…!!!
Cake makes a lot of things better!!!!

Cacoethes 28-02-2023 12:38 PM

Fair enough!
Don't think I'd like that either XD
The piggies are good at multitasking in that way too!

Cake sounds like an excellent plan!

Zurg 28-02-2023 12:45 PM

It's actually quite remarkable how much poop bunnies and Guinea pigs can produce XD it accumulates fast even though both species eat them too for extra nutrients.

Cacoethes 28-02-2023 12:49 PM

Yep!
So tiny, but so much poop!
At least it's inoffensive. Not like dogs and cats. Eugh!

long road 28-02-2023 12:55 PM

*waves sleepily* Took me until 1am to get to sleep and my sleep was disturbed woke up a few times coughing. Been fully awake since 10am but considering a nap now.

Glad your headache has resolved Beckie.

Hope gym group goes well OSC.

Good luck for the dentist Tamo hope it's a low stress appointment.

Must be nice to have the bunny wrangling part of your day done Zurg. Hope errands go smoothly, cake sounds well deserved after cycling with a bunny trying to escape! As for eating while pooping, I am sure Findus is happy but I don't think I could eat my lunch while on the loo!

tamobhuuta 28-02-2023 02:42 PM

My teeth are perfectly healthy :) my dad took me out for coffee afterwards. I've just put some washing in the dryer. Soon my godmother is coming to visit.

Cacoethes 28-02-2023 02:51 PM

Nap sounds like a good plan!

Yay for healthy teeth!

I've just had an hour and 40 mins with the clinical trial person. Was pretty exhausting!

Zurg 28-02-2023 03:18 PM

Just the thought of that is making me feel exhausted in sympathy, Beckie!!!

Woop, woop for awesome teeth, Tamo :) Enjoy the coffee!!!

And i fully approve of a much deserved nap, Jen!!!

I did my shopping and picked up a huge and heavy parcel and waddled home like a penguin with my trolley full of groceries and huge parcel mounted on top and now i am legit exhausted.
I had another parcel in another Pick up shop but i couldn't physically carry anymore so that has to wait until tomorrow.

I need to buy liquid for my e-cig and due to new regulations in Denmark it has become a bloody nightmare and i can't friggin afford it or figure it out properly and i am too tired to think so i foresee i Will brave a physical store later this week in desperation because i legit can't be arsed to deal with this!! >:(

Cacoethes 28-02-2023 03:27 PM

Honestly so weird that just sitting there and talking/listening was more exhausting than the gym this morning XD

Well done for doing the things!

Ugh that sounds like a pain!
There are 2 vape shops in my town for some reason. My town is pretty small so idk why we need 2!

one_step_closer 28-02-2023 05:46 PM

I hope Findus forgives you soon, Kat, and that you have cake or another tasty treat.

I hope you had a nap and it left you feeling at least a little better, Jen.

Yay for healthy teeth, Tamo! Sounds like you had nice things on after the dentist.

Oh wow, Beckie. That is a long time. I think I'd be exhausted too. Are the appointments always going to be so long?

Cacoethes 28-02-2023 07:09 PM

I'm not sure.
I think it depends what group I'm put into.
Because it's a clinical trial, there's like a 40% chance that I'll be in the control group and won't receive any input at all.
I'm going to the crisis team base on Tuesday to pick up a phone. Which sounds super dodgy XD
But it's because in one group, you use a phone app. And the app isn't available anywhere obviously because it's a trial so you need to get a phone with it installed. You get to keep the phone after the trial.
I might not be in the group that uses the app, but i can't let them know which one I'm in because bias.

long road 28-02-2023 08:30 PM

I had a nap it helped a bit. Two chronic illness flaring at once is hard. I was just starting to get a bit better of a handle on FND but with my asthma flaring my fatigue is worse, and doing too much of anything leaves me short of breath. So just stuck resting really. It wouldn't be so bad if I hadn't spent the last two years working towards not having to rest all of the time. Sorry mini rant over.

I am having pizza for dinner. We buy bases and sauce and put on our own toppings. I am having cheese, mushrooms, red onions and roasted butternut squash. It should be ready in a couple of minutes. I am looking forward to it!

Well done on your errands Zurg. I chuckled a little as I imagined an actual penguin with a shopping trolley.

Yay for healthy teeth Tamo, that means no dealing with dentists for at least 6months right? How was your godmother's visit?

Talking about mental health stuff tends to be exhausting it's just a mental exhaustion rather than physical. You have been doing lots of physical training at gym so now physical activity is less exhausting as you are more used to it. If you get on the trial hopefully as you do more mental activity not only will it help your mental state but it might be less exhausting. Yay free phone, free stuff is good. Will you get paid for today's session?

I often had to nap after therapy though.

How was gym group OSC?

tamobhuuta 28-02-2023 09:10 PM

No dentist for 12 months long road. I had pizza for dinner too! Just cheese. I hope you feel better soon.

I hope you get positive things out of the trial Cacoethes.

How are you osc?

Sometimes sorting stuff irl is just easier Zurg!

Cacoethes 28-02-2023 10:03 PM

I think i will get paid for todays session.

Sorry for not replying to people.
I'm so exhausted.
And also randomly cried about my dad dying, which happened in October so idk why that's coming up.
I also seem to have a cough. But not a normal cough. I'll just have a couple of horrific coughing fits a day and then literally nothing else the rest of the time.
Don't know what that's about.
The guinea pigs are not impressed

long road 28-02-2023 10:03 PM

12 months is even better! I am on 12 monthly dentist check ups at the moment too. Pizza is a wonderful food. I am hoping steroids start making a difference soon and I start feeling better, they usually kick in after 3 or 4 days and tomorrow is day 3.

Ninja Beckie! Do you get hayfever? If you are coughing after being outside / while outside t could be tree pollen related

Cacoethes 28-02-2023 10:21 PM

Nope never had hayfever!
I've had coughing fits outside, in the house and at work so it doesn't seem to matter where I am!

Cacoethes 01-03-2023 09:43 AM

Morning everyone

Zurg 01-03-2023 10:37 AM

Morning Beckie :)
How are you today???

Cacoethes 01-03-2023 10:41 AM

Morning!
I have yet again woken up with a headache which is annoying!
But otherwise, I'm alive.

How are you?
And findus!

tamobhuuta 01-03-2023 10:57 AM

Morning guys. Sorry about the headache Cacoethes. How are you Zurg?

Cacoethes 01-03-2023 11:07 AM

Thanks. I'm sure it'll go eventually!
It's also raining lots. And I have to walk to work soon. Ugh

How are you tamo?

tamobhuuta 01-03-2023 11:18 AM

I think it rained here earlier, the ground is wet. I am ok thanks. I'm thinking of watching Pinocchio ahead of the live version, but I remember it being actually quite scarey.

Cacoethes 01-03-2023 11:26 AM

Pinocchio is extremely dodgy, the cartoon version anyway. The live action is less dodgy!

tamobhuuta 01-03-2023 11:27 AM

That's good to know!

Cacoethes 01-03-2023 11:40 AM

Was just a different time period i think!

tamobhuuta 01-03-2023 11:50 AM

Just Googled it, it came out in 1940!

Cacoethes 01-03-2023 11:54 AM

That's older than my nanny!

tamobhuuta 01-03-2023 12:12 PM

And mine.

tamobhuuta 01-03-2023 01:15 PM

My sister's in a strop with me because I sat in the living room. I said I could move, all I'm doing is reading, but then she got more stroppy with me. I hate when she gets touchy.

not_so_insig 01-03-2023 01:28 PM

Afternoon all. I am having a lazy day today. Apart from washing my hair and cooking tea later I have no plans. Not going swimming today as the person I go with can't make it. Was going to the city but then i remembered that it's the St David's Day Parade today so it will be mega crowded. I dont do crowds.

Happy St David's Day and Happy SI awareness day everyone.

Zurg 01-03-2023 01:29 PM

I'd love to have a sister. Apart from all the sister bickering…. ;)
I hope she feels better soon-ish. Maybe she should eat a snickers??? Hope she won't ruin your mood or day, Tamo!!

Boo to rain and headache, Beckie!!! I hope they are both vanishing soon.

Findus is happy today. My support worker came back after a month off, today and Findus was happy to see him. So much in fact that he was close to start munching on his feet…..!!!! Fortunately i caught him before the deed and distracted him with bunny cuddles. I don't Think my support worker would have ever come into my home again if my bunny bit him, lol. He is super scared of cute animals. He used to own lots of feisty snakes and spiders but furry, wee pets frighten him a lot o_o

I went shopping because i decided to bake some breakfast muffins. Breakfast is difficult atm because i don't fancy eating anything when i get up. But then i end up forgetting or not bothering to eat at all and my mood goes into psycho mode, so….

Zurg 01-03-2023 01:31 PM

Ninja post there Dawn. I avoid the city too when there's something happening that attracts lots of people. It feels crowded enough already!!!

long road 01-03-2023 01:49 PM

Hello everyone,

I am resting in bed again today feeling a little better than yesterday but asthma is still playing up.

Happy St David's Day Dawn, my Dad's side of the family are Welsh. Can understand not wanting to deal with crowds.

Aww bless Findus trying to toe nibble to show affection. Good thing you bunny napped him for cuddles before your support worker got scared! What are you putting in your breakfast muffins Zurg? I have to eat breakfast to have my meds, usually I just have cereal or yoghurt and fruit.

Zurg 01-03-2023 02:09 PM

I hope the resting Will be nice, Jen. And that you won't get bored!!

The muffins Will contain, bananas, eggs, honey, oatmeal, pumpkin seeds and some dried dates that i chose instead of dried cranberries or Dark chocolate :) i hope they Will be a bit squishy and delicious!!! Maybe, if it all aligns and fate is on my side, they shall turn out to be a bit cake-like too!!!!

one_step_closer 01-03-2023 02:15 PM

Afternoon everyone. Welcome to spring. :-D

I hope your headache passes soon, Beckie. I hope you wore something suitable for the weather if you're already out. Knowing you you'll just wear a hoodie and get soaked. Surprise me please! :laugh:

Do you have morning meds that need to be taken with food, Kat? I hope you enjoy your breakfast muffins. Did it go ok with your support worker apart from Findus potentially biting through his shoe and then maybe on to his toe?

I hope your sister is being kinder now, Tamo. What are you reading?

Enjoy your lazy day, Dawn!

Take it easy, Jen and do what's best for you. I hope things settle soon.

tamobhuuta 01-03-2023 02:16 PM

Those muffins sound very healthy Zurg. I think your support worker's choice of pets is weird.

I'm glad you're feeling a bit better long road, good idea to continue to take care of yourself.

I love my sister very much! I just hate other people's stress.

not_so_insig 01-03-2023 02:20 PM

Thanks everyone.

not_so_insig 01-03-2023 02:28 PM

I forgot it's ryl bin day today. So I have to go out.

one_step_closer 01-03-2023 02:30 PM

Just a quick going out though, Dawn?

tamobhuuta 01-03-2023 02:45 PM

Time for doctors!

Cacoethes 01-03-2023 03:27 PM

I did indeed just wear a hoodie. You know me too well XD

not_so_insig 01-03-2023 03:53 PM

I have done my bins now. I am sitting here feeling like I should be doing something. Mh isn't too good atm.

tamobhuuta 01-03-2023 04:14 PM

Well done for doing the bins :)

Zurg 01-03-2023 04:19 PM

It's okay to just relax and look after yourself, Dawn. Sometimes those days are Well spent!!!

I only take meds at night, Lindsay. But even if i didn't, it probably wouldn't be enough to make me want breakfast. Though i have just munched one of the muffins now, after they had cooled off, and they are quite tasty. Not very big either so i Think they'll be an okay alternative for a while.

I am not very good at this humaning or adulting business. I Think i'll just settle for being worse than average and then just do my best from there!!! Seems like a better plan than striving for a perfect that's Way out of reach :)

long road 01-03-2023 05:25 PM

I am a little bit bored but not too bad. Thanks for all the well wishes, and reminding me that taking care of myself is a good thing. Have had a little more energy today which is a good sign but I think it's time for a nap now if I can manage one. I am both tired and wired.

How are you feeling OSC?

Sorry to hear it's a bad MH day Dawn. Are there any strategies that usually help you that you could try? Like distractions or techniques? Hope you can find ways to be kind to yourself.

Breakfast muffins sound tasty Zurg and oats are meant to be good for slow release energy. Glad they are quite tasty as that is good motivation. If you find they get a little dry after a couple of days maybe you could butter them?

I think it's good adulting to recognise not eating breakfast is causing you issues and then coming up with a creative alternative to try an motivate yourself to eat something. I think just doing your best and not trying to be perfect is a good way to look at things.

one_step_closer 01-03-2023 06:27 PM

Beckie, I am giving you a row!

My bin's out too, Dawn. Although usually a couple of people have their bins out before me but they weren't out when I put mine out so I feel like I've missed something.

Sorry you're having trouble with your MH. Do all the safe things you need to do to try and improve it. Have you watched The Railway Children Return yet? Maybe you could do that if you have enough focus.

You're doing great, Kat. I can see how much you're trying and adulting is one huge annoyance at times.

Tired and wired doesn't sound fun, Jen. I hope you manage a nap and it helps.

I'm just tired of myself and life. Cheerful! I had a cheeseburger pizza for dinner.

Cacoethes 01-03-2023 07:32 PM

Ooooh cheesburger pizza!
I've been craving McDonald's for about a week.

long road 01-03-2023 07:40 PM

Nap has not happened. Thing steroids are causing the wired which means I might have the fun of insomnia tonight.

How does cheeseburger pizza work? Is it like a cheese burger with pizza as the buns or the ingredient of a cheese burger chopped up and used as toppings or that weird third option dominos did with burgers in a flower crust?