RYL Forums

RYL Forums (https://www.recoveryourlife.com/forum/index.php)
-   Creativity and Reviews (https://www.recoveryourlife.com/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=23)
-   -   What book are you reading or just read? (https://www.recoveryourlife.com/forum/showthread.php?t=1850)

Snuffles 02-05-2009 01:47 PM

Oh yes, very sad.. I did start up a thread for the book weeks ago but no one replied LOL! Hehe :p

crazykat 02-05-2009 01:50 PM

Just finished reading fractured by Ruth Dee and about to start reading Wasted by Mark Johnson

ThinkingofRecovery 02-05-2009 05:28 PM

Just started (and nearly finished) The Uncommon Reader by Alan Bennett. After that I have a couple of books by Rosy Thornton to read - she was my director of studies at uni and now writes novels.

Dreaming. 03-05-2009 05:42 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by linder surprise (Post 1582154)
virgin suicides is one of my favouritesss!
but i haven't read any of the others.

Just finished that now.

It was weird! I don't quite know what I think of it. I enjoyed it, I think, but it was a bit strange. I think I wasn't quite sure about the narration, but out of personal preference rather than the quality of the book. I thought it was a very good book, I just don't know, yeah, if I enjoyed it!

x-dying-inside-x 03-05-2009 08:29 PM

i'm going to read jane eyre again coz 1 its exam text and i love it.

Kuwairo 03-05-2009 09:21 PM

Katie, I need to buy those books, I love Dexter :)

I've just read (again) Hey Nostradamus! by Douglas Coupland. I saw it in Age Concern and had to buy it, one of those books and I can read over and over and not tire of it.

gypsyroselee 03-05-2009 10:17 PM

reading The Informers by Bret Easton Ellis at the moment. i have read a few of his books now and im still not quite sure if i like them or not.

i was also reading a book called "children in the global sex trade" on the train the other day. i got interesting looks. :)
it's not a happy topic to read about before bed though as i found out the other night after i had dreams about being trafficked... :/

linder surprise 03-05-2009 10:28 PM

im still not sure if i liked american psycho & i read it like 3 years ago.

Spoons 04-05-2009 05:09 PM

american psycho is a book i want to have read but dont want to read if that makes sense.
its so hard to get into

TheCon 04-05-2009 07:19 PM

On The Road is taking me a long time, and I get impatient. So along with it I'm reading Fear And Loathing In Las Vegas. Really loving it.

Aloneagainandagain 04-05-2009 07:57 PM

I am currently reading "Deception point" by Dan Brown...Am very near the end and am loving all the twists and turns.
Also enjoy books by PJ Tracy!

one_step_closer 07-05-2009 02:46 PM

Missing - Susan Lewis.

linder surprise 07-05-2009 07:17 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by TheCon (Post 1596181)
On The Road is taking me a long time, and I get impatient.

on the road took me about four months to read, it was insane. i just couldn't really get into it & when i did, the good parts seemed to be over quickly. there's just too much stoned rambling.

i organised my bookshelf by colour (apart from harry potter shelf). i know this hasn't really got anything to do with this thread but there was nowhere else to tell anyone.
The following content has been hidden - Reason : in case you don't care.

nuclearnight 08-05-2009 01:57 AM

Currently about half way through Cloud Atlas by David Mitchell. Not sure what I think of it yet, I think it's one of those kind of books you can't really judge untill everything comes together at the end...

consequential 08-05-2009 02:15 AM

im reading the child in time by ian mac ewan
i tried love in the time in cholera by gabriel garcia marquez and its just me at the minute i cant handle reading wish i was like the rest of you love in the time of though fabulously decadant and shrouded in the heat of the carribean ,full of unrequeited love

oh my nuclear night i soooo love cloud atlas and yeah u gotta read the whole lot its one mixed up crazy book and i love it ,it does come together and straight away u might not like it but afterwards it affected me and i kept thinking about it ,it was so forward thinking and innovative and i love that .enjoy and pm me and temm me how u think of it ending or post here

SilentJudgement 08-05-2009 02:25 AM

Tad Williams - The War of the Flowers.
Personally I really really enjoyed this book. Its a great fantasy book, would strongly recommend :)

silverfaerychild 08-05-2009 03:58 AM

attempting to read all of :

Little (grrl) lost by Charles De Lint

Spoons 08-05-2009 10:18 AM

very pretty book case linda :)

im now going to read The Brief Wondrous Life of Oscar Wao.

PixieHope. 08-05-2009 12:33 PM

I'm going to start reading The Boleyn Inheritence by Philippa Gregory later after my exam :)

SilentDray 08-05-2009 08:35 PM

I have just begun The Rum Diary By Hunter S Thompson, good so far!