RYL Forums

RYL Forums (https://www.recoveryourlife.com/forum/index.php)
-   Veterans Board (https://www.recoveryourlife.com/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=34)
-   -   Virtual Psych ward! (https://www.recoveryourlife.com/forum/showthread.php?t=1312)

Doikers 29-11-2010 04:19 PM

I jsut woke after napping for too long , I said to myself 1 hour max and I'm not sure how long I was but I woke up CONVINCEDthat I was late for appointments that I have tomorrow . Erp . A Bit disorientated . Hope I can sleep tonight .

one_step_closer 29-11-2010 04:26 PM

I hate the snow, really. I couldn't get parked properly in my drive and I have no idea how to get out without hitting the gates. I wish my Dad was here to help me.

Doikers 29-11-2010 04:40 PM

*Hugs Lindsay* I'm not one to offer parking advice as I can't drive but maybe you should try re positioning your car whilst it's still daylight so you don't have to do it in the dark tonight/tomorrow morning? sorry if that's crap advice from a non-driver :S

one_step_closer 29-11-2010 04:52 PM

Thanks Mark, I can't be bothered going back out into the cold! I'll just see how I get on tomorrow.

How are you?

Doikers 29-11-2010 04:54 PM

I'm still feeling Okay , bit groggy from over napping and almost going out to appointments that aren't until tomorrow .

misskitty112 29-11-2010 05:00 PM

*hugs ward*
My meeting went okay. I'm tired now... emotionally exhausted.
They asked me how I've been coping since I set the date (I haven't been), what the date is (well... I don't think you guys want to know that), what I wanted from them (I'm still not sure). Then we went into a host of other problems, about how I don't sleep etc, etc. Here's the thing though: they don't think uni next semester is a good idea. Obviously, they can't force me to do anything about going vs not going. But... my date is right at the start of next semester, and I partially planned it that way... it was halfway just convenient for other reasons... So, I don't know. I've missed a whole year already, and I'm already busting my ass to graduate in a timely manner. I suppose I don't have to think about it right now though.
So... my counselor will be keeping tabs on me until my next appointment, and I'll be getting extra support from here on up through my date/ the weeks following/ whenever they feel I'm okay again.

one_step_closer 29-11-2010 05:01 PM

Can you go out and get some fresh air to try and wake up a bit?

Doikers 29-11-2010 05:50 PM

*Hugs Felicia* I Had my "Date" not too long ago , everyone here was there for me and I'm sure we'll all be there for you too . PM box always open :)

risenfromperdition 29-11-2010 06:12 PM

*hugs felicia and mark and lindsey*
felicia- you know where i am if you need anything :)
mark- dont feel bad about needing the meds thingy [forget the name and cba to delete this whole post just to go back a page ><]
i spies laura :) <3
<3
grr my professor still hasnt emailed the admissions person ><

and god i have a ton of crap to do this week and ZERO motivation

Doikers 29-11-2010 06:16 PM

Well......... I took my first Antabuse since the 1st . At least I'm on it again. am I going to be on it for good ? I'll have to ask Sharron ( My Nurse ).

*Hugs Heather* I hate having no motivation . I know how that goes . :S

*Spots and Hugs Laura*

SoMuchMore 29-11-2010 06:22 PM

*hugs lindsay* i really hate driving in the snow too.. and i hate the cold.. my window is broken right now too so its freezing in my apartment heh.

*hugs mark and hands over some coffee to wake him up* it wasn't that "late" or "early" when i posted last night.. it was around 1am here. I usually don't sleep until about 2 or 3 unfortunately. Glad you are going back on the antabuse, i know its probably a tough decision, but i would hate to see anything bad happen to you b/c of drinking.

*hugs oliver* I think if it worries you that you draw them, then you should mention it. However, as others have already said, sometimes drawing/writing is cathartic. I'm sorry you had to pull out of schooling for right now. Hopefully in the time off you can get some extra support, who knows, maybe even your family will be of some help if they realize you are struggling still. I'm glad you teacher was so nice about everything.

*hugs felicia* we will be here for you whenever you need support hun. Do you think taking another semester off and getting into maybe some more therapy/counseling might help? I know you want to graduate in a timely manner, but it might be easier to do that if you are feeling okay while doing uni.

*hugs lia* how r u today?

*hugs jordyn, shad, kahlia, and helen* hope you all are alright.

*hugs heather* sounds like we are in the same boat work wise and lacking motivation. I also see you are waiting on professors for things too... i hate it. :-/ Hope they email the admissions person soon

Sorry if i missed some ppl.. read things, but just did individuals for people since i posted last night. its hard to catch up sometimes.

I'm back at uni now... and I'm sick... also, really really stressed about my graduate school apps b/c one of my professors has not sent in his letter of recommendation and its due wednesday!! I've already tried emailing him several times and called him as well.. no response. He agreed to write it a month ago though so... this is a little ridiculous. Anyway, sorry about my professor annoyance rant. I just struggle enough with future stuff as it is, and i don't like that my status for things is dependent on other peoples work... i dont like feeling out of control.

misskitty112 29-11-2010 06:32 PM

*hugs Heather* I too, have a ton of crap to do and no motivation. haha.

*Hugs Mark* I agree with Laura. I'm glad you're back on it, I'd hate to see something bad happen to you.

*Hugs Laura* I'm sorry you're sick, and have a broken window, and have an annoying professor. I'm pretty good with the professor crowd, I can usually get them to do their work, you want me to come talk with him? lol.

I'm done with today except for work. Do I really have to go in? Is it that necessary? I really just wanna hide for the rest of today.

risenfromperdition 29-11-2010 06:35 PM

*hugs felicia*
<3
uhm i dunno, if you think work would just be more stress then maybe call in sick? but if you're just gonna be sitting in your room thinking thats not good either so dunno ><

Doikers 29-11-2010 06:44 PM

*Hugs Laura* I'm sorry you are sick:( and that your window is busted :S *Special de-stressing Hugs*

*Hugs Felicia*

*Hugs Heather*

FlyingNy 29-11-2010 07:08 PM

*Hugs everyone*

I'm sorry, there's too much to keep up on, but I'm glad your appoinment was OK Felicia, I hope they can help you, and we are all here for you too.

And to anyone who hasn't already said, wie gehts?

xx

misskitty112 29-11-2010 07:11 PM

*Hugs Lia*
So, ward... Heather and I have decided we're moving so we can have snow like lots of ya'll do... lol. So, where shall we move to? haha.

FlyingNy 29-11-2010 07:18 PM

Can I move too? I want SNOW :)

Oh, and I'm alright Laura. I've vented on my RV, so I have nothing to spill.

one_step_closer 29-11-2010 07:19 PM

Come to Scotland! There's plenty of snow here to share around.

misskitty112 29-11-2010 07:20 PM

Lia, of course you can come with! Now we just need someone to tell us where to go! haha

*spots and hugs Lindsay*

one_step_closer 29-11-2010 07:30 PM

*hugs Felicia back* My nose is cold.