RYL Forums

RYL Forums (https://www.recoveryourlife.com/forum/index.php)
-   Creativity and Reviews (https://www.recoveryourlife.com/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=23)
-   -   What book are you reading or just read? (https://www.recoveryourlife.com/forum/showthread.php?t=1850)

Painful 08-02-2009 02:56 PM

Twilight.
I kept going, god whats the fuss probably ****. but its really good :L

imnotdead 09-02-2009 12:06 AM

I've just read Scarred by Sophie Andrews. I'm usually a slow reader but I started this book thursday night and finished it this afternoon.

From play.com....
"Growing up, Sophie carried a terrible secret. She was her fathers slave, in the most horrific ways imaginable. At just a few months old she was adopted by a couple that seemed comfortably off and perfectly respectable to the outside world. But behind closed doors, Sophies childhood was a living hell. Her father spent the next decade grooming her for abuse and when Sophies mother left for good, that very night, he told Sophie that from now on she would sleep in his bed. Unable to cope, Sophie spiralled into suicidal misery. She began to self-harm to try and escape the agony. But one day she went too far and at 16, ended up in a psychiatric unit. It was here that she finally confronted the horrors of home and began the painful journey of rebuilding her life. A phenomenally courageous woman, Sophie now works for the Samaritans and helps other young people in need. Harrowing yet compelling, this is a searing and truly inspirational account of overcoming the worst abuse and self-harm."

shredded_angel 09-02-2009 01:37 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by KatieFrank (Post 236575)
Right now I'm going through graphic novels and comic books, mostly Gloomcookie comics. =]

OMG! I LOVE Gloomcookie!
You should look into Nightmares and Fairy Tales as well. It's wonderful.

Right now, though, I haven't been reading a whole lot. The occasional handful of pages in Megatokyo here and there. Also, I started Down And Out On Murder Mile by Tony O'Neill, which is absolutely wonderful. Or, as wonderful a book can be about heroin addiction.
But, before that, I was reading Mister B. Gone by Clive Barker.
For the most part, it was very entertaining.

Kelly. 09-02-2009 07:20 PM

I'm reading Twilight- Stephenie Meyers. Haven't seen the film and wasn't all that interested but my friend said I HAD to read it and now I'm hooked!

Spoons 09-02-2009 07:57 PM

Im reading Mother Night- Kurt Vonnegut

today i bought three books as it was buy 2 get third free.
- 20 fragments of ravenous youth- xiaolu guo
-the brief wondrous life of oscar wao- Junot Diaz
- veronika decides to die- Paulo Coelho (ive already read it but its amazing and i want my own copy)

Red Lotus. 09-02-2009 08:40 PM

I've just this moment finished reading Memoirs of a Geisha. It was quite a good book though quite long...

MarthaSunshine 09-02-2009 08:54 PM

I've just finished New Moon by Stephenie Meyer. I love the series so far, and the movie! I've ordered Eclipse and Breaking Dawn, I can't wait to read them!
At the moment, I'm reading The Sunflower Forest by Torey Hayden. I love her books, I've read loads :)
x

linder surprise 10-02-2009 01:28 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Spoons (Post 1414514)
Im reading Mother Night- Kurt Vonnegut

yay it was really good and really easy to read. i read it in like three days.

i am just starting jeanette winterson's written on the body.

also my amazon package arrived this morning with the picture of dorian gray (so excited to read this) & tess of the d'urbervilles (high expectations of hardy).

moonlet 10-02-2009 09:47 AM

Lord of Bones by Justine Musk, the sequel to BloodAngel. I actually quite enjoyed them. Nice and dark.

one_step_closer 11-02-2009 02:54 PM

A Spot of Bother - Mark Haddon

moonlet 15-02-2009 05:54 AM

The complete tales and poems of Edgar Allan Poe.

PixieHope. 15-02-2009 10:48 PM

I've just finished reading Cuban Heels by Emily Barr. Now I'm reading Coming Apart at the Seams by Lucy Sweet. It's really good so far.

Casper_Fading 15-02-2009 11:38 PM

I'm hanging out for my new book to get here! The Magicians Apprentice by Trudi Canavan... it should get here today or tomorrow! woo!

beautiful&dying 16-02-2009 02:56 PM

The Lost Diaries of Adrian Mole by Sue Townsend. Needless to say, it's very good. I'm gutted I'm reading through it so quickly because I want it to last and last.
xxxxxxxx

xbeckyx 16-02-2009 04:30 PM

1984 (<3) again and A Brave New World.

one_step_closer 16-02-2009 05:38 PM

Betrayed - Lyndsey Harris

PrincessVegeta_x 16-02-2009 11:59 PM

Evil Star by Anthony Horowitz.

one_step_closer 17-02-2009 02:22 PM

Betrayed was so rubbish, don't bother reading it. I'm now reading No Time For Goodbye - Linwood Barclay.

SweetLemonSour 17-02-2009 02:27 PM

Birdsong- Sebastian Faulks

Devil Girl 17-02-2009 02:54 PM

Along with Peter Pan I am now reading for uni A short History of Financial Euphoria plus other course books I need to dip into such as Cognitive Neuroscience and Economics By Stephen Ison....oh and more....the joys! But Peter Pan is true escapism!