RYL Forums

RYL Forums (https://www.recoveryourlife.com/forum/index.php)
-   General Chat (https://www.recoveryourlife.com/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=21)
-   -   The 'I need a distraction' thread. (https://www.recoveryourlife.com/forum/showthread.php?t=243064)

nonperson 03-02-2018 03:07 PM

I like the Syfy channel and movies. And it seems so long since I had it I'm sure there are other channels. My freeview doesn't work well often so it makes a difference to have Sky.

Had illegal and cheap Sky for a while but that's stopped working now so I've decided it's not worth it.

Aubergine 03-02-2018 03:09 PM

Oh cool. I've haven't watched a film in such a long time! Christmas, maybe? Oh yeah, it would do if your aerial doesn't pick up freeview very well. I have an amazon fire stick, so don't ever watch anything on freeview. Don't have the TV tuned in!

Pomegranate 03-02-2018 03:10 PM

I normally use now tv rather than freeview. Love all the crime shows!

not_so_insig 03-02-2018 03:14 PM

I have sky at my parents house. Only pay the extra room rate which is just over a tenner a month. If it weren't for the fact that sky charge you a monthly fee to be able to record then I would not bother because I tend to watch the free channels.

My freesat box had a funny turn because it decided to record a whole load of channels I didn't ask for! Including Sabrina the teenage witch. So I had to cancel a load of scheduled recordings.

nonperson 03-02-2018 03:14 PM

Right, I should probably go for a shower. Going out at 3ish to visit my friend and have a walk if it stops raining.

Also need to wash off tattoo ideas that I've been doodling on myself!

Aubergine 03-02-2018 03:20 PM

Hey Dawn!

Crime shows are so good! Have you been watching Silent Witness, Emma?

Enjoy your shower and your walk. Hope it does stop raining! :) Ooo tattoo ideas? What are you thinking?

Cpt_Stunning 03-02-2018 03:20 PM

I don't have Sky, only freeview, but they're still as good, I don't miss it.

Pomegranate 03-02-2018 03:23 PM

No actually. Is it any good? I mainly watch law and order, ncis, criminal minds and some of the csis, oh, and how to get away with murder.

What tattoo ideas were you considering?

Aubergine 03-02-2018 03:26 PM

Hey Chris! How are you?

I sent an old colleague this card. It wasn't her birthday, but I used to accidentally brush past her bottom quite a bit, as did my other colleagues. It was only her that it happened to! Saw it on Facebook and had to send it. I sent it to her new workplace and she just texted me to say it made her day. :)

https://www.thortful.com/card/589b2739e4b00629385f703c

Aubergine 03-02-2018 03:28 PM

I love Silent Witness. Really clever and it's very British. I love the American stuff, but it's nice to watch something a bit different. I love How to Get Away With Murder. Watching the new series on Netflix at the moment. Series three, I think?

Pomegranate 03-02-2018 03:33 PM

I’m behind cos my laptop has died. Might give silent witness a go then

Cpt_Stunning 03-02-2018 03:35 PM

I'm OK thanks.

I don't really watch that much TV, I watch documentaries on YouTube, but on TV I mostly watch the Sony Movie Channel or Horror Channel, if I can't sleep.

Aubergine 03-02-2018 03:35 PM

Poor laptop. Hope you get it sorted/a new one when you feel up to it. I managed without my Chromebook, but it's annoying having to do everything on phone or tablet.

Pomegranate 03-02-2018 04:03 PM

Just got to work. We’re short staffed-again. Luckily most of the service users are out at the moment.

Aubergine 03-02-2018 04:05 PM

Oh that's tough, Emma. Especially when you could do without the extra pressure. I'm glad most of the people are out. Hopefully people will be calm and there will not be too much stress.

Sketchy 03-02-2018 04:42 PM

I hope your shift goes well Emma.

Hey all.

I’m just out the shower. I’m back home after staying overnight at my sister’s. We had fun and the cat was just too cute.

Buttons. 03-02-2018 04:54 PM

Sorry you are a bit stretched staff wise Emma.

Glad you had such a good time with your sister and cat Lorraine :)

I've been out for some lunch and an Aldi trip with my support worker.

Sketchy 03-02-2018 04:55 PM

That’s good you got out Buttons. Did you get something nice for lunch?

Aubergine 03-02-2018 05:00 PM

Glad you had fun, Lorraine. Your cat is gorgeous.

How was lunch, Buttons? What did you have?

Buttons. 03-02-2018 05:32 PM

The actual food was a bit of a disappointment but I had lots of fun all the same, and a very nice hot chocolate after.

Aubergine 03-02-2018 05:36 PM

Fun and hot chocolate sounds lovely! I think I'm going to have a cadbury's hot chocolate in a bit. Have some for my tassimo machine that my Dad got me for Christmas and they're lovely!

Sketchy 03-02-2018 05:44 PM

Yes she is.

Jealous of your hot chocolates.

I’m watching the simpsons.

Aubergine 03-02-2018 05:51 PM

I haven't seen the Simpsons for years. My first step-dad used to love it. :)

I also have the rest of the Terry's Chocolate Orange to eat. :)

Are you sat in your rocking chair?

Sketchy 03-02-2018 05:53 PM

Ooh I have a chocolate orange I’ve still to eat.

Yip, I’m on my rocking chair and my feet are up on the footstool. So comfy.

Are you on your hammock?

Aubergine 03-02-2018 06:02 PM

Nice! Are you saving it?

I'm glad you're so comfy. :) That foot stool was an excellent purchase!

I'm not in my hammock. I am on my bed. I have a cold and just want to be snuggely.

Sketchy 03-02-2018 06:04 PM

I’m saving it for a treat day.

That’s a shame you have a cold. Best to be snuggly in bed.

Aubergine 03-02-2018 06:12 PM

Sounds good! When's treat day? What are you up to this evening?

I am on children's church team tomorrow, with the toddlers. It'll be fine once I get there, but the thought of dealing with 8 two years olds (between two of us) is not appealing right now!

Sketchy 03-02-2018 06:15 PM

I haven’t decided yet. Probably in a week.

That sounds like a lot of hard work. I hope it goes well.

This evening I’m going to catch up on washings and watch some tv. Do you have any plans?

Aubergine 03-02-2018 06:27 PM

Cool.

Thanks. :) I'm sure it'll be OK.

Washing and TV sounds good. I've got no plans. Hoping for an early night. I'm very tired.

Pomegranate 03-02-2018 06:37 PM

Sounds like you’ve all got lovely evenings planned :-)

Aubergine 03-02-2018 07:01 PM

Bed is lovely!

How're you doing? How's work?

Eska 03-02-2018 07:44 PM

I'm on a very loud and rowdy train :(

How is everyone?

Pomegranate 03-02-2018 07:45 PM

Really wish I was at home. Not got much done today. Counting down the hours until sleep in starts. 3hrs 15 to go!

Did your mum pop in? How’s the cold?

nonperson 03-02-2018 07:57 PM

Hi all.

No walk cos it rained but I had nice play time with friend's baby.

Re: tattoo... I was thinking a hummingbird. Nice and symbolic and also ironic on a diabetic level. Probably too chicken to ever get one done though.

Aubergine 03-02-2018 08:22 PM

I told Mum not to come. Spoke to her on the phone instead. Didn't talk about much, just said I was OK and could she collect the card tomorrow instead. She said OK, but no excuses tomorrow. She has a key and has let herself in in the past, so I don't think I'll escape her! The cold is coldy.

I do feel for you, Emma. Hopefully you will at least be able to rest when the sleep starts, even if sleep is tricky.

Playing with the baby sounds good! As does a hummingbird tattoo. What makes you scared?

nonperson 03-02-2018 08:26 PM

Yeah she's a real cutie. =) I'm scared because I've never done it before and not really sure how I feel about tattoos in general (sounds weird, I know, can't really explain it) and I dunno if I would suit one or if I'm the sort of person who gets one! Although I've thought about getting one for a long long time so it's not a fad.

I over-analyse things a lot...

My friend said she wanted to get a baby footprint done so we could potentially do it together.

Aubergine 03-02-2018 08:32 PM

Where would you want it done? If you had it somewhere that could be covered, you wouldn't have to worry about it. I don't think there's a particular sort of person who gets a tattoo, though I kind of understand where you're coming from. When I had my tattoo, I didn't tell anyone for about a year. When I showed a couple of friends they said that they'd never imagined that I'd get a tattoo. They liked it though. If you've had the idea for a long time then I think it'd be OK. It's not like you'd be doing it on a whim and would regret it. Doing it with your friend sounds good. :) Make sure to get recommendations for a skilled tattoo artist. That's really important.

nonperson 03-02-2018 08:35 PM

Yeah that's it, I'd have no idea where to even start! I think people, especially family, would be surprised if I got one.

I doodled it on my inner forearm this morning, near my elbow and kinda liked it there. Not hidden but I kinda like the idea of me being able to see it easily.

I'm gonna blame Beckie for this because she's rekindled the idea for me!

What is yours of?

Aubergine 03-02-2018 08:41 PM

It's good to give family a surprise now and then... ;) Inner arm sounds good.

I have the word "hope" on my inner wrist, with a little pink butterfly next to it. Needs touching up, really. I kind of like that it's imperfect though, so may leave it as faded as it is. I've had it about 8 or 9 years now. :)

nonperson 03-02-2018 08:51 PM

That sounds nice. =)

Aubergine 03-02-2018 08:54 PM

I like it. I helps to remind me that there is hope, even when it feels like there isn't any. :)

You up to much?

nonperson 03-02-2018 09:02 PM

It's nice you have that visible reminder. =)

Ehh no not up to much. Watching Big Bang and avoiding going to the shop.

What about you? How's your cold? I find they get worse in the evening. =/

Aubergine 03-02-2018 09:11 PM

Hooray for Big Bang! What do you need from the shop? Or do you want to buy things that you don't need?

My cold is trying to kill me. I wish they'd invent a cure! Maybe I'll do it when I've completed my degree. Then I'd be a billionaire. I'm just listening to music and chatting to a friend via email. :)

nonperson 03-02-2018 09:21 PM

I need to do my usual weekly food shop. Prefer to do it on a Saturday evening because it's quiet but now I really don't want to go out. Feeling extra odd and anxious now for some reason...

That's one evil cold you have! I think there are lots of people with the idea of curing the common cold though so you'll have to get a move on!

Music and chatting is good. =)

Aubergine 03-02-2018 09:29 PM

Oh dear. Do you think it's because you're worried about going to the shop? Perhaps go and get it out of the way? Stick some headphones in, put your head down and do a trolley dash. It'll soon be done and you'll be at home again.

nonperson 03-02-2018 09:34 PM

It feels more than normal supermarket anxiety but it could be that. I am gonna go and do it now because if I leave it to tomorrow it will be much worse!

Thanks for reminding me about using headphones... I do that occasionally but haven't for a while because last time I ended up being so in my own world that I kept bumping into people and getting in their way! But I think I'll do it tonight. Not so many people to bump in to.

I'll be back soon. =)

Aubergine 03-02-2018 09:39 PM

I never go out without headphones on! I've actually not gone out before because they broke. Mum had to bring me a new pain before I would agree to leave my flat. :P

I hope the shop goes well. Speak to you a bit later. :)

Pomegranate 03-02-2018 11:05 PM

Hope shopping goes well :-)

Ha- sounds like your Mum is firm Aubergine. It’s probably a good thing you’ll see her tomorrow.

nonperson 03-02-2018 11:13 PM

Phew, shopping all done. Had a slightly annoying chatty checkout girl...

Pomegranate 03-02-2018 11:13 PM

Self service all the way!