RYL Forums

RYL Forums (https://www.recoveryourlife.com/forum/index.php)
-   Veterans Board (https://www.recoveryourlife.com/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=34)
-   -   Virtual Psych ward! (https://www.recoveryourlife.com/forum/showthread.php?t=1312)

Detour. Derail 13-07-2008 09:56 PM

its only one year hun...
Try find the bright side in the situation...I know its hard...the bright side may be hidden...but if you can find it...and focus on that...
I know its hard...I know what it feels like when a situation seems completely hopeless...but trust me...it'll get better...
Im sorry im not being much help..

Automatik Teknicolour 13-07-2008 09:59 PM

Beats me, all my mates are turning 18 this year
I'm 17 in August :/
It sucks being the youngest ><

Multiple_Me's 13-07-2008 09:59 PM

You are being a help. Anyone who actually cares enough to even talk to me is a help. Apart from Steve, I have one friend left in my hometown. My other two friends moved away and it's really hard since they were pretty much my support network all together. It's just been so hard lately...

Detour. Derail 13-07-2008 10:03 PM

Do you still talk to your other friends who moved away?
I remember moving away from Jess....only a few miles but gawd it was haaarrrddd :blink:
and of course I care....I dont want to see people go through this..its horrible and no one deserves it.

Detour. Derail 13-07-2008 10:05 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Automatik Teknicolour (Post 918861)
Beats me, all my mates are turning 18 this year
I'm 17 in August :/
It sucks being the youngest ><

*makes Jess' year go TWICE as fast so shes as old as me :]*

Dont worry...I'll probably die first :/
and get olddddd first...
and get wrinkley first...
and get put in an OAP home first...
and...
OHGOD ><
I dont wanna be old :|

Multiple_Me's 13-07-2008 10:08 PM

I talk to them a bit, but it's hard not to have them to call up in the midst of a major SI addiction attack so they can come over. Bri moved several states away when she used to live a few streets down from me. Andy (Andrea) moved about 45 minutes away, so not exactly practical to have her come see me. I can't see Steve when I'm having issues because of my mother, and my only other friend still here usually works all the time.

Automatik Teknicolour 13-07-2008 10:10 PM

Well that ain't true, anything could happen to either of us between now and then
I've always been the youngest, I get used to it
Nothing I can do to change it
I'm sorry I haven't got anything useful to say Multiple Me's (I don't know your name, sorry)

Detour. Derail 13-07-2008 10:16 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Automatik Teknicolour (Post 918900)
I've always been the youngest, I get used to it

I've always been one of the oldest....its an equally lonely place...when you're old enough to do things...go places..and your mates cant :/
Plus...I'll reach 70 first....ewww *shudders*

~*forever_broken*~ 13-07-2008 10:18 PM

*hugs all who need it and leaves a tea tray with tea, coffee, cocoa, lemonade, cookies, cakes, bisqets, and anything else you might be able to think of before retreating once more to her corner*

Trying guys. Came on thinking like maybe I would support some... and now I'm not sure I've got anything in me :-(

Take care all *snuggles*

Automatik Teknicolour 13-07-2008 10:19 PM

I wonder if I'll make it that far
I don't want to get to the age where I can't do anything myself
I don't like the sound of it :/

Multiple_Me's 13-07-2008 10:27 PM

Right now, my name is Megan, but I could also be Dusk, Dawn, Rose, or Krystal depending on who's on the outside world. MPD. Fun stuff. I've got my own world in my head. It's great. (Chocolate doesn't have calories there, or any other food, for that matter). For details, just ask.

Detour. Derail 13-07-2008 10:27 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by ~*forever_lost*~ (Post 918930)
*hugs all who need it and leaves a tea tray with tea, coffee, cocoa, lemonade, cookies, cakes, bisqets, and anything else you might be able to think of before retreating once more to her corner*

Trying guys. Came on thinking like maybe I would support some... and now I'm not sure I've got anything in me :-(
Take care all *snuggles*

Its ok hunni...*wraps you up in a squishyfull cover.*

Quote:

Originally Posted by Automatik Teknicolour (Post 918932)
I wonder if I'll make it that far
I don't want to get to the age where I can't do anything myself
I don't like the sound of it :/

Im actually AFRAID to be that old....
Thats why I dont intend to live that long..

Auburn Shadow 13-07-2008 10:33 PM

*hugs everyone*

I don't think I can be that old... I'm too scared of it.

Sorry, I've been hiding in a corner all evening... I can't... I don't... there's nothing I can say tonight. Sorry... I just... I want to cut... I want to feel something, but... I can't.

*retreats*

Multiple_Me's 13-07-2008 10:36 PM

I know the feeling... All we can do is just try to hang in there. I made a deal with my friend Ashley (my only friend left here besides Steve) a couple nights ago. She won't drink if I don't cut, so I have to be strong for her too.

Auburn Shadow 13-07-2008 10:56 PM

*hugs*
I just want something...anything... just so I can feel something. I should be feeling something... angry, upset, annoyed, whatever, at my parents... stuff they've said tonight, but it's like nothing matters anymore.

There's pills in the cupboard... telling me to take them.... but I can't do that either... because of my cousin's son... I can't do that to him... not 2 of us. I... can't stay here though.

Sorry... *shuts up*

Detour. Derail 13-07-2008 10:58 PM

Hanna sweety? what did your parents say?
Parents are really tough sometimes...but you can be better and disprove whatever they say..*hugs*

Auburn Shadow 13-07-2008 11:05 PM

*hugs back*

They've been on my back all evening, well all day really, about my scars, how some of them are still red and all that. My dad especially... I had some sort of disagreement with my mum, when I was trying to help her do something on the computer, and... he's... well, he offered to help me cut deeper...
Maybe wearing short sleeves on holiday was a bad idea last week... maybe I should just accept that I'm going to be living in long sleeves forever now. What he said though... about going deeper.... maybe I should.... the more they say stuff like that about it... the more I want to cut... go deeper... do what they say I should... that's what we're meant to do, right? Whatever our parents say... cause parents are always right...

Multiple_Me's 13-07-2008 11:05 PM

Hey, don't apologize for having the courage to reach out and admit something's wrong. I thought that's what this whole site was about? Having people to talk to when you need help. We're here for you. You don't have to be sorry for that.

Now, what can you do to make yourself feel things.... besides those things we ought to avoid... Hmm... Do you like cats? Have you heard of lolcats? For funny pictures with captions and such, go to http://www.icanhascheezburger.com. You may have a little bit of difficulty understanding the way they talk at first, but I think it's so funny. Give it a try to see if you can chipper up a bit, hmm?

Multiple_Me's 13-07-2008 11:11 PM

Okay, no offence, but it sounds like your parents are idiots. What kind of father tells his kid to cut deeper? I mean really! Look, cutting deeper is definitely not the way to go. You could easily make a mistake and misjudge how deep you've gone. No one here wants to see you hurt yourself, especially not worse than usual. We're here for you. You can PM me anytime you want to. Just be warned that my computer has internet issues and doesn't like to work all the time.

Detour. Derail 13-07-2008 11:16 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Auburn Shadow (Post 919117)
*hugs back*

They've been on my back all evening, well all day really, about my scars, how some of them are still red and all that. My dad especially... I had some sort of disagreement with my mum, when I was trying to help her do something on the computer, and... he's... well, he offered to help me cut deeper...
Maybe wearing short sleeves on holiday was a bad idea last week... maybe I should just accept that I'm going to be living in long sleeves forever now. What he said though... about going deeper.... maybe I should.... the more they say stuff like that about it... the more I want to cut... go deeper... do what they say I should... that's what we're meant to do, right? Whatever our parents say... cause parents are always right...

No sweety..no they arent always right. When I got out of hospital...my parents threw a lot of medication at me and told me that if I was going to do it...do it properly...what if I had just done what they said?
Your dad...to be honest...sounds like an idiot and you are SO SO SOOOOO much better than this!!
If you want to wear short sleeves you should.
Im sorry...I wish I had something more to give...