RYL Forums

RYL Forums (https://www.recoveryourlife.com/forum/index.php)
-   Veterans Board (https://www.recoveryourlife.com/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=34)
-   -   Virtual Psych ward! (https://www.recoveryourlife.com/forum/showthread.php?t=1312)

Doikers 07-01-2011 05:47 PM

*Hugs Lia* I'm ......conflicted . Trying my bestest to not injure .

*Hugs Sarah* I'm sorry your Mum is moaning at you :S

PoisonedApple 07-01-2011 05:51 PM

Sarah, have you tried to tell her that no matter the exercise or exercise program it's recommended to get shoes specifically for it?

*hugs everyone*

Doikers 07-01-2011 05:55 PM

*Hugs Crimson* How are you?

SparkleKitten 07-01-2011 06:03 PM

I tried, but she won't listen. They're a waste of money apparently. They're to take pressure off my joints and tone muscles whilst walking. I don't see the issue. >:(

*cuddles ward* this is making my head hurt

Doikers 07-01-2011 06:19 PM

*Hugs Sarah* Hmm What kind of trainers are they , one of my new years resolutions was to lose weight and I was thinking I could jog (a little) and then more when I get fitter.

PoisonedApple 07-01-2011 06:35 PM

I'm... blah.
I'm hoping going to a yoga class after work today and a Zumba class next Saturday do some to help me feel less blah.
The following content has been hidden - Reason : whining about health/medical/resolutions
Part of my new years resolutions for being healthier this year was to quit drinking soda (or knock it down to 1 can a day) but after yesterday I may not be able to... I used to have a fair amount of hypoglycelmic episodes (I think it was referred to as reactive hypoglycemia but I don't remember as it was more than 10 yrs ago now since the last one that caused me to pass out) but haven't had any major problems in a long time... sometimes a little light headedness but a glucose tab evened it out but yesterday I was sitting at my desk and *wham* I was dizzy, lightheaded and just all around unwell... The only thing I had changed that was that massive was that I hadn't had a soda in about 36 hr before that. Some glucose and a candy bar later I was fine. So now I am beginning to think the sugars in the soda is what was keeping my glucose level stable :( I'm going to try to knock it down to one a day and see if that is ok or if I end up needing glucose more regularly.
How are you Mark?
No offense Sarah, but I think her view towards you is always skewed and she should not be listened to... *hugs*

SparkleKitten 07-01-2011 06:46 PM

Everyone says the same Crimson. Counsellor thinks she has really deep issues. I have to eat a lot of sugar or even slight bumps will make me pass out.

They're like the Sketchers ones Mark, but these are Thera Olea ones, designed to absorb shock impact from walking more. They're so comfy.

Doikers 07-01-2011 06:49 PM

*Hugs Crimson* Could you find out some non-soda things to help with that , I know you know A TON more about this , Maybe you could put sugar in tea/coffee on Honey in drinks or on toast ?

I'm ....... well I'm not injuring so that good .... Doing my best thats all I can say:S

FlyingNy 07-01-2011 07:02 PM

*Hugs Mark* Keep strong :)

*Hugs Sarah* I second Crimson, you shouldn't listen to her.

*Hugs Crimson* New Year's resolutions are meant to be broken :)

I'm so tired. And my locket's broken. I wear it all the time, and now it won't close and there are teeth marks in it from where I bit it trying to fix it. Not a smart move, I know.

Doikers 07-01-2011 07:05 PM

Oh Lia :( What pictures are in your locket , perhaps you could get them put into a new one?

PoisonedApple 07-01-2011 07:05 PM

Mark ~ I could get glucose tabs and liquid glucose (which I always have on hand just in case) but with as often as I would need it comparatively it would cost a ton and its a 'fast acting'/ 'emergency use' type of deal... if I had to use it too often it could cause it's own set of problems and all in all its better health-wise to drink the soda... as odd and f'ed up as that sounds. As for other things with sugar added, I was considering trying to substitute teas with sugar or honey (some teas taste just plain gross with one but good with the other to me...) but I don't know how much tea I'd have to have to balance it out >.> ...I'll get it figured out eventual I hope it's just in the meantime is worrisome but at least I had already had glucose in my desk as a precaution...
The odd thing is I'm the only one in my family that has this problem... most of my moms side is diabetic... I am the family freak medically speaking.

You can do it! I believe in you. *hugs*

Sarah ~ Glad it wasn't offensive. Is there no way you could move out or stay over at your fiance's more often or something?
And I've been thinking about getting some of those shoes... You'll have to tell me if they work!

SparkleKitten 07-01-2011 07:10 PM

nah not right now, finances are bad for both of us and his family. I'll be updating results don't worry. *hugs Crimson*

Lia, is there anywhere you can take it to be repaired? *snuggles*

*hugs Mark* glad you're not injuring, we're here for you

FlyingNy 07-01-2011 07:50 PM

I guess I could try the jewler's in town, and I could put them in another one,but my mum bought me this locket, and although we're not exactly tight, it wouldn't be the same to just buy another one. I guess I'll give the repair shop a try.

SparkleKitten 07-01-2011 07:55 PM

They might be able to sort it. Is always worth them looking :) *cuddles*

FlyingNy 07-01-2011 08:05 PM

*Cuddles Sarah* How are you now?

I've taken my locket off for now, it's only been off for half an hour and already I have felt for it about 4 times.

SparkleKitten 07-01-2011 08:09 PM

Not too bad. Had counselling today and its at the stage of digging up repressed memories, it runs me down a lot but its helping I think. Its not nice, at all. So tired. >:(

Doikers 07-01-2011 08:11 PM

I know the feeling Lia . I have a pendant I wear 24/7 , in the bath , in bed everywhere . My sister bought it back from The Gambia for me , she descibed me to a local Imam out there and he put a quote from the Koran in it to protect me, I'm not Muslim but My sister gave it to me so yeah I'd feel odd without it .

SparkleKitten 07-01-2011 08:29 PM

Aww Mark thats lovely :)

Doikers 07-01-2011 08:35 PM

It is , It's a little pouch with the Koran quote is it with a little seashell sort of weaved into the front of it . I also have a name braclet and watch that I seldom romove , The name braclet was also a gift from The Gambia and the watch, well I might need to know the time in the bath :P hehe....

SparkleKitten 07-01-2011 08:48 PM

Sounds lovely Mark :)