RYL Forums

RYL Forums (https://www.recoveryourlife.com/forum/index.php)
-   General Chat (https://www.recoveryourlife.com/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=21)
-   -   The 'I need a distraction' thread. (https://www.recoveryourlife.com/forum/showthread.php?t=243064)

Buttons. 09-01-2018 12:07 AM

I like the cinema too but it's wicked expensive! Especially if you don't sneak your own snacks in :P

Buttons. 09-01-2018 12:09 AM

Just noticed new cat pic in your sig Lorraine, very cute!

Sketchy 09-01-2018 12:10 AM

It is expensive. I’m lucky that my sister treated me last time. Snacks are expensive, but it’s nice to get a treat watching the film.

Buttons. 09-01-2018 12:11 AM

Agreed I like to get a hotdog :P Most expensive hotdog I've ever bought but it's part of the experience.

Sketchy 09-01-2018 12:18 AM

I love a pick and mix.

Buttons. 09-01-2018 12:20 AM

I'm off sweet things atm it tends to come and go. Still don't tend to want pick n mix though. Much more savoury right now.

Aubergine 09-01-2018 12:20 AM

I struggle with the cinema. I can never concentrate for a whole film. I'm like a small child! I do like films though, just in little chunks.

I would be cross if I had a dog who was trying to steal my blanket! My rats once chewed through an electric blanket. It was the middle of winter and I thought I might turn into a snowman!

I do get on with my CC. She's great. Am quite glad to be seeing her. Its been a while because of Christmas and a lot has happened!

Aubergine 09-01-2018 12:20 AM

Popcorn! Maltesers!

Aubergine 09-01-2018 12:21 AM

Nachos!

Sketchy 09-01-2018 12:21 AM

Ooh popcorn. And I love malteasers.

Buttons. 09-01-2018 12:24 AM

That's fair enough Aubergine, unless I'm particularly engaged in a film I also can't concentrate except in chunks.

Those rats sound as bad as my dog for chewing, she's only recently realised that chewing shoes is not a winning idea :P. She's finally nodded off now though so no longer a blanket turf war :P

Buttons. 09-01-2018 12:25 AM

When I'm on sweet stuff I do like malteasers. Gone off popcorn but still like mlateaser when I'm in a sweet tooth mode.

Sketchy 09-01-2018 12:31 AM

Mine and my sister’s Molly doesn’t chew things, but she scratches my sister’s bag and climbs the curtains. Lucky she is cute!

Buttons. 09-01-2018 12:40 AM

Ha ha indeed lucky Molly is cute. And Lady. I can never stay mad at her for long. She is doing much better though she hasn't chewed up anything significant in a while, also when taking her out when I'm in my wheelchair she almost always sits at road sides without me even having to tell her to. I'd say she's smarter than she looks but she still hasn't figured out that she can't chase birds with any sort of success rate and frequently runs into trees chasing birds and squirrels.

Aubergine 09-01-2018 12:42 AM

Glad the dog has nodded off. You have your blanket all to yourself. :)

I like the sweet and salty popcorn you can get. Weird combination, but so tasty.

Did molly ever climb the Christmas tree, Lorraine? My friends cat got stuck in hers!

Sketchy 09-01-2018 12:44 AM

Lady sounds adorable. I bet it was the best thing you could have done getting her. I’m so glad my sister and I got Molly. She’s done me a lot of good. It’s so nice to have an animal that depends on you and that you have to care for.

I think I’ll head to bed now. Good night everyone. I’ll be back tomorrow. Sweet dreams everyone. XX

Sketchy 09-01-2018 12:45 AM

We didn’t put a tree up because we knew Molly would bring it back down.

Aubergine 09-01-2018 12:51 AM

Night night, Lorraine. Thank you for the company. I.hope you sleep well and we'll see you tomorrow. :)

Buttons. 09-01-2018 12:51 AM

Yeah cats plus Christmas trees never a good combination. Although I do remember when I lived at my parents we had to remember to put the chocolates at the top of the tree so that Polly (a different dog) couldn't reach them :P

I agree it was a majorly good decision getting her as she is a strong motivator try and remain at least a little sane, I'm sure Molly does the same for you.

And yes Aubergine very grateful to have my blanket back :P

Hope you sleep well Lorraine <3

Aubergine 09-01-2018 12:55 AM

Pets are great. They can be so important. I'm glad you've both got molly and lady - they sound amazing. I'd love to adopt a house cat. I couldn't have a kitten, but would really enjoy the company of an older cat who needs some love. My landlord has today confirmed I am a good tenant (she's taking over management from the letting agent because she trusts me). I've been here 18 months. Thinking when I've been here 2 years I'll ask her if I can get one.

not_so_insig 09-01-2018 01:22 AM

That sounds a good plan Aubergine. I am lucky and live in a council flat so I don't have to worry about asking permission from landlord.

Aubergine 09-01-2018 01:29 AM

Hey Dawn. How are you? That is lucky. I think social/council housing is great. Private renting can be a bit of a nightmare. I'm lucky that my landlord is on the ball, but I've heard some awful stories from other people. I love my little flat. It's my safe haven.

Buttons. 09-01-2018 06:05 AM

I'm lucky that the person my landlord often sends round when it's inspection time is a dog fan so I'm all good.

Cacoethes 09-01-2018 09:58 AM

Morning guys

Aubergine 09-01-2018 10:20 AM

Morning Beckie. You ok?

Eska 09-01-2018 10:35 AM

Morning Beckie and Aubergine! How are you both?

Cacoethes 09-01-2018 10:45 AM

Feeling quite ill when i woke up so wasn't going to go to college but I'm on my way now.
I only missed workshop which isnt even an actual lesson so its fine.

How are you guys?

Eska 09-01-2018 10:46 AM

I hope you feel all better soon!

I'm ok, a bit on the tired side but luckily I don't start work til 12.

Aubergine 09-01-2018 11:17 AM

Sorry you felt ill, Beckie. Well done for being on your way. I hope you feel better.

Hey Eska! Not starting until 12pm sounds lovely! Can you rest this morning?

I'm ok. CC has just been. She's lovely.

Cacoethes 09-01-2018 11:48 AM

Thanks guys :)

At least you have some time to wake up a bit Eska

Glad she was nice aubergine, it does make all the difference!

Eska 09-01-2018 11:55 AM

Yeah, I slept in and have just got on the train feeling a bit more alert for the walk to the station. It's only a five hour shift and then I'm meeting up with my mother who has come to see me.

Hope college is going ok Beckie!

I'm glad your CC is nice, Aubergine. I hope you feel better for having seen her :)

Aubergine 09-01-2018 12:10 PM

Sleeping in is nice! What are you going to do with your Mum?

chinahorse 09-01-2018 12:14 PM

Morning guys :)

Late starts with a short shift is the best combination eska. Hope seeing your mam is nice.

Hope college goes quickly beckie and you're feeling better.

Glad your cc is nice aubergine :)

I'm having a very lazy day to start my 6 days off. Lazing around in my pj's on the sofa is the plan. Might even shower and put on clean ones :-P

Also anyone have any CV tips? I'm swinging between arogant and under selling myself currently.

not_so_insig 09-01-2018 12:55 PM

It's been a long time since I had to do a cv so I have no tips.

The council men are working on the flat above me. Unfortunately they have their music on dead loud. The good news is that I am going out later so I can escape it and it won't be long that I have to put up with it when I return.

not_so_insig 09-01-2018 01:18 PM

Now they are using their drill. A lot. I am having to put the tv on a sound setting that's 4 times louder than normal. FFS! I am glad to get out later.

Aubergine 09-01-2018 01:35 PM

I don't mind taking a look at what you've got, Lilliie. Are you doing it for a particular job?

Oh dear, Dawn. Nightmare!

not_so_insig 09-01-2018 03:02 PM

I am in Caffè nero now so I have peace.

Aubergine 09-01-2018 03:04 PM

That's good, Dawn. What are you having in the cafe?

I might play piano.

not_so_insig 09-01-2018 03:14 PM

I will have a latte and a panini. Or cake.. I haven't quite decided lol.

Cacoethes 09-01-2018 03:17 PM

Im in my last lesson!
Soo tired!

Aubergine 09-01-2018 03:17 PM

Oh a latte sounds nice. Cake or panini sounds delicious! I hope you enjoy whatever you decide to get. :)

I bought some blackcurrant and vanilla teabags today. I am looking forward to trying one later. :)

Aubergine 09-01-2018 03:18 PM

Hey Beckie! Well done for making it through. Last lesson - you can do it!

Buttons. 09-01-2018 03:40 PM

Well done Beckie :)

Blackcurrant tea sounds good.

I'm a bit west today but hopefully when I get my prescribed painkillers it will improve my mood some. Also dog is being very cute curled up sleeping currently, and other than that acting like she's never seen food in her life, because clearly human food is better than dog food :P

Aubergine 09-01-2018 03:50 PM

But human food IS better than dog food! Why have a chicken flavoured treat when you could have real chicken?! I hope you feel better when you're not in so much pain. Sounds horrible.

I treated myself to some belly pork today. It was reduced because of the use by date. Yum!

Buttons. 09-01-2018 04:01 PM

Yet so much human food is bad for dogs-cooked meat for example!

Yeah not big fan of the pain but **** happens.

I'm a complete weirdo when it comes to pork, don't like it outright or in bacon form but I do like sausages.

Aubergine 09-01-2018 04:05 PM

I did not know that cooked meat was bad for dogs!

Is that the same as me liking Twiglets but not Marmite?

Buttons. 09-01-2018 04:07 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Aubergine (Post 4150717)
I did not know that cooked meat was bad for dogs!

Is that the same as me liking Twiglets but not Marmite?

Yeah long term cooked meat messes with their stomachs, raw meat is generally fine-sort of the opposite of people. I mean some dogs will tolerate it but it's not the best idea.

Ha ha the twiglet/marmite analogy is probably fairly accurate.

Aubergine 09-01-2018 04:09 PM

Poor doggies. I will know for future not to give any dog cooked meat! Every day's a school day!

What're you up to?

Buttons. 09-01-2018 04:12 PM

Ha ha sorry if I sounded preachy :P

I'm trying to decide which film to rewatch- Mulan or Mean girls-yes my life is very exciting. I also need to factor a cig break in. I know this sounds weird but has anyone found the lectric cig makes them cough more than 'normal'?

Aubergine 09-01-2018 04:17 PM

Hehe, you didn't. I just found it interesting! :)

I haven't seen either of those films! Sounds good though. Perhaps not exciting in the sky diving king of way, but still a nice thing to do. I hope you enjoy whichever one you decide!

I have never tried a cigarette, electric or otherwise. I hope someone can answer though. :)

I just put my belly pork in the oven. I usually have a hot meal in the evening, but couldn't wait. :P I'm going to have it with Smash and sweetcorn and gravy. :)