RYL Forums

RYL Forums (https://www.recoveryourlife.com/forum/index.php)
-   Veterans Board (https://www.recoveryourlife.com/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=34)
-   -   Virtual Psych ward! (https://www.recoveryourlife.com/forum/showthread.php?t=1312)

Kahlia1981 19-12-2008 01:57 AM

*sneaks in and looks for a spare corner where she can get away from the heat and humidity*

It's so gosh-darned humid today here .... and I've partly cleaned two different rooms. I decided to make a start in one room because the dust was starting to get to me. I want to use the washing machine, but our landlady is using it so that will have to wait. I'm currently sitting infront of the fan in my room attempting to cool myself down somewhat. Not sure that it's going to work. I do have the possibility of switching on the aircon in this room, but I'd really rather not considering I have a cold, and that would keep reinfecting me. Which would not be fun.

Anyway, I hope everyone is doing well and have managed/are managing some decent sleep.

Just remembered : I'd love to see snow again. I haven't seen any since I was in Montreal. :( North Queensland weather really sucks.

Damnation. 19-12-2008 02:05 AM

Kahlia: Stick ice cubes down yer top, or summat. That's what I do =D

Ravyn: Oooh, I dunno. I love the rain, personally. I'm weird, I seem to enjoy looking like a drowned rat, lmao. And eh, I think I'm surviving. Just. Been very unstable for what feels like a couple of weeks now. How about you?

Snuffles 19-12-2008 02:28 AM

Kahlia- its sposed to be 37 here today :\ Not looking forward to it. Thank god for Air Cons!!!!!!

Snow... ahhh pure bliss... Love it! I miss it =(

Hope everyone is ok. Just a short one from me. Have been enjoying my game, got pain in my tummy though =(

BoundNoMore 19-12-2008 02:35 AM

Katie... I didn't know you changed your screen name.
Your new one is absolutely adorable!!!! <3
***cuddles***

Pomegranate 19-12-2008 02:36 AM

I am sorry for being an attention whore when I have been so ***** at advice recently. Just picked an argument about 'weird' i.e people who act and dress differently people' with my flatmates. I have felt crap today, all day. I have a mission but it is a scary one...

ravynsoul 19-12-2008 02:44 AM

i'll be sure to update you on the status of the snow here... maybe you can feel cooler by reading about it :)

Sorry to hear that you've been feeling unstable Dayna... hope things stablize for you soon... *hugs* i don't think liking rain is weird.. i like it too; just not this time of the year when it's sooo cold..eugh!

I thought i was doing good today... then seemed to emotionally crash late afternoon; doesn't help I have a pounding headache :S

Emma, you are not an attention whore!! *offers hugs* don't feel bad at all about needing to talk... sorry, my head's somewhat foggy.. you were arguing about your flatmates about people who act/dress differently? What exactly do you mean.. like sterotyping them? sorry, just trying to understand.. what do you mean about a mission *is nosy*

*hugs for everyone*

Snuffles 19-12-2008 03:34 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by BoundNoMore (Post 1295367)
Katie... I didn't know you changed your screen name.
Your new one is absolutely adorable!!!! <3
***cuddles***

Changed it round the same time as you changed yours! hehe thanks :D *cuddles*

Emma, your not an attention seeking whore *cuddles*

Damnation. 19-12-2008 03:42 AM

Pomegranate: (or Emma, I presume?) I don't really know you that well, but you don't come across as an attention whore to me. And it seems that others in here agree

Ravyn: Thanks *hugs back* I think I know what the problem is, I'm just not 100%. It's likely that things are niggling at me subconsciously, because consciously, I don't have a reason for my mood swings, feeling massively triggered and the like. So it fails ._.;

Kahlia1981 19-12-2008 04:24 AM

Katie : Just wanted to say that I adore your new screen name. :wow: Oh, and definitely thank the lord for aircon!! Oh that reminds me .... what are you studying presently (if you don't mind me asking) *is nosy*

Emma : You don't come across as an "attention seeking whore" - you are having a hard time at the moment, and it's not always possible to give support when you are like that. We all have times like that. *offers you hugs*

.P.C. : (Sorry not sure of your name) Hmmmm ice cubes might be an option I'll try out. I just hope it doesn't make my cold worse lol. I've been showering with freezing cold water when things get too bad. :cool: Thanks for the suggestion. :D

Helen : I hope you have had some decent sleep. *crosses fingers that you don't wake up more tired than you were before you went to sleep*

Ravyn : Oh definitely keep us updated on the status of the snow .... I love snow. It's been years since I've seen it since we don't get it here in the tropics of Australia.

*hugs everyone*

Damnation. 19-12-2008 04:35 AM

Kahlia: My name's Däyna xD. O__O Showering with cold water? You're a damn sight braver than I am!

Kahlia1981 19-12-2008 04:37 AM

Dayna : I think I just like making myself shiver lol. Nice to meet you by the way. *waves*

Snuffles 19-12-2008 04:41 AM

Oh Emma, ditto to what Kahlia said! We aint gonna kick you out coz you haven't been supporting ;) Take care of yourself ok!

Kahlia- at the moment Bachelor of Arts (Major-sociology/writing :P), I'm tossing up whether to continue with it (have only done one semester) or transfer to creative writing at QUT for 2010.. there's pros and cons for both grrrrr lol... oh well.. will work it out (Y) And I'm thinking we should go on a random road trip to the snow.. would LOVE to see it again!

Damnation. 19-12-2008 04:48 AM

Kahlia: xD Each to their own, lmao. And nice to meet you too

Kahlia1981 19-12-2008 04:59 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Snuffles (Post 1295439)
Kahlia- at the moment Bachelor of Arts (Major-sociology/writing :P), I'm tossing up whether to continue with it (have only done one semester) or transfer to creative writing at QUT for 2010.. there's pros and cons for both grrrrr lol... oh well.. will work it out (Y) And I'm thinking we should go on a random road trip to the snow.. would LOVE to see it again!

I know what you mean ... I'm currently studying IT at JCU (pronunciation: Jay See Spew [lol]) and have reached second year - although I've been there since 2006 - but am studying part-time. The degree up here is not accredited as far as I know and really not worth doing. ... anyway there are/were pros and cons for me moving to QUT vs staying at JCU. And I'd love a random road trip to see the snow so count me in lol.

Quote:

Originally Posted by .Poisonous.Cyanide. (Post 1295446)
Kahlia: xD Each to their own, lmao. And nice to meet you too

Yep Dayna, each to their own lol.

MammaMia 19-12-2008 05:31 AM

Guess who went to sleep before 10pm?
Guess who woke up at 3am?
Guess who's sill awake at 4.30am?
ME

GOD.
It's like everytime I TRY to improve my sleep...
Someone tries stop me.
ARGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH HHHHHH

*attempts sleep*

Kahlia1981 19-12-2008 05:34 AM

Helen : That's no good. I continuously have sleep problems, so I can understand where you are coming from. I hope the morning improves for you. *leaves you cuddles*

*hugs everyone*

Damnation. 19-12-2008 05:43 AM

D: *Hugs Hells*

Snuffles 19-12-2008 05:52 AM

*cuddles Helen* Hope you can get back to sleep!

Seraphsigh 19-12-2008 06:02 AM

*sings lullabies to Helen*
Okay, actually if you heard me sing, it would probably not be a very soothing experience...but this is virtual.
Hope everyone can get some good sleep. What are all you England-ers doing awake at such an hour?

Damnation. 19-12-2008 06:33 AM

Monarkh: My bedtime's 7am =D