RYL Forums

RYL Forums (https://www.recoveryourlife.com/forum/index.php)
-   General Chat (https://www.recoveryourlife.com/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=21)
-   -   The 'I need a distraction' thread. (https://www.recoveryourlife.com/forum/showthread.php?t=243064)

one_step_closer 08-03-2023 06:27 PM

Look after yourself Dawn and just do what you can.

Do you want to join the RYL bedding change day, Kat? I'm glad you have Findus <3 How often will you be seeing your befriender? What sort of stuff do you get up to?

not_so_insig 08-03-2023 06:49 PM

Thanks Lindsay I appreciate your wishes. It's stopped snowing for now after snowing all day. But according to the local news it's supposed to snow tonight.

Zurg 08-03-2023 06:58 PM

Snow is mostly cool when you don't have to go outside!!!

We mostly just talk, Lindsay. We go on a walk sometimes too in the summer. She's really nice and we actually have a good time in spite of her being quite a bit younger than me. It's nice to catch up with people younger than myself sometimes. It's been so many years since i was in full time education and i feel sometimes i'm losing touch of how people handle challenges that they meet on their way towards building a future :)

long road 08-03-2023 07:22 PM

Evening everyone.

I have been out of bed more last couple of days and breathing has slowly been improving, which is good. But have a sinus headache which I think is due to my hayfever which is not so good.

No snow here but it has been rather cold, I am avoiding going outside until the air warms up as lungs are still a bit fragile and cold air triggers my asthma. When the weather is warmer I can try to restart my routine of going out in my garden every morning.

Nice to have someone to talk to Zurg.

Hope your ankle feels better soon Dawn.

What are you reading OSC, anything good?

Cacoethes 08-03-2023 08:20 PM

It's snowing again now
And I am drunk
So not going to glow beatz which kinda sucks
But I'm just lol

long road 08-03-2023 09:01 PM

Not going out in snow while drunk seems a good idea Beckie. Are you ok? I know sometimes you use alcohol to cope with things not being great mentally.

Cacoethes 08-03-2023 09:09 PM

I'm ok thanks
Just got a bit carried away!

long road 08-03-2023 09:36 PM

Easy to do! I am playing in my roleplaying game at the moment.

not_so_insig 08-03-2023 09:40 PM

Jen my ankle is ok now. Thanks for your concern though.

Cacoethes 08-03-2023 09:53 PM

Have fun!

Cacoethes 09-03-2023 09:38 AM

Morning everyone

Zurg 09-03-2023 10:07 AM

Morning Beckie :)
How are you today??

Cacoethes 09-03-2023 10:50 AM

Morning!
I'm ok thanks.
Got a few things to do today.
Bodycombat, cage clean out and taekwondo.

How are you?
Got much planned today?

tamobhuuta 09-03-2023 11:19 AM

Morning guys. Busy day Cacoethes! How are you Zurg?

Cacoethes 09-03-2023 11:21 AM

Hey tamo.
How are you?

tamobhuuta 09-03-2023 11:23 AM

I'm ok, just wondering whether to have more breakfast.

Cacoethes 09-03-2023 11:26 AM

If you're hungry I say go for it!

tamobhuuta 09-03-2023 11:59 AM

I decided not to, not really in the mood. I'm having a cup of tea with Dad.

Cacoethes 09-03-2023 12:11 PM

Fair enough.

My toes are freezing!
Even with 2 pairs of socks on, one fluffy, one normal!
Should put the heating on but money.

Zurg 09-03-2023 12:14 PM

I approve of 2nd breakfast should any of you wish to engage in such shenanigans ;)

I'm okay. Just feel a bit worn out after some days that included lots of chores/projects because i felt restless. Just going to clean Findus' litter box and bake some breakfast muffins today, i think.

Beckie, you are always busy!!!

tamobhuuta 09-03-2023 12:16 PM

I've got one pair of fluffy socks and a blanket on and my toes are chilly.

Cacoethes 09-03-2023 12:25 PM

Sounds like a plan!

I've been less busy this week.
I missed 2 things yesterday because i was too drunk lol
And usually i would have had 2 pilates this morning but I've really been struggling to get out of bed. I was up at 8am, but i did lie there for a while which is unusual.

one_step_closer 09-03-2023 12:41 PM

Morning everyone. Still no snow here but someone said there might be some later and over the weekend.

I hope you get everything done, Beckie and feel ok. You're supposed to have the heating on at 16.5 degrees so your pipes don't freeze I was told. But then saw somewhere else it's 13 degrees. I've just had to top up my gas even though I topped up not long ago. I never even have it on, I think it just goes on through the night if it gets too cold. I don't find fluffy socks warming but I do have socks I wear on top of my normal socks in bed that keep my feet warm.

I hope you enjoyed your tea with your Dad, Tamo. It sounds like a nice thing to do although you may be used to it. I hope you can have something to eat later and your toes warm up.

I hope you have a good day, Kat. Just do whatever suits you in the moment.

I've got to go to Specsavers this afternoon. Hate the machine that puffs in your eyes. I'm hoping I don't need a new prescription but if I do I hope I can find some frames I like or else I'll need to leave my current glasses with them to put the new lenses in my current glasses and then I'd have to wear old glasses with a not so strong prescription until my glasses are ready. I have to wear teenage glasses because my face is too small for even adult petite ones but they never seem to have a good selection of teenage glasses that suit me.

Cacoethes 09-03-2023 12:49 PM

I'll probably put it on when I get back.

I'm not a fan of the machine that puffs in your eyes either. Hope it goes ok.

tamobhuuta 09-03-2023 01:51 PM

I don't like the optician either, I feel like such a failure when the coloured circles look the same to me. Are they meant to look different? And I can read hardly any of the letters now. But at least they don't put metal spikes in your mouth like the dentist.

I always enjoy tea with Dad and other family members, even though we usually do it twice a day.

Cacoethes 09-03-2023 03:36 PM

I think it depends on your eyes whether they look different or not.
My eyes get worse every appointment. And I have to have 18 month checks instead of 2 years. But my eyes are actually healthy. Just **** at seeing XD

not_so_insig 09-03-2023 03:48 PM

Hello all. I have very heavy snow. Had a shitty nights sleep due to pain. Still in a lot of pain.

tamobhuuta 09-03-2023 03:50 PM

Sorry you're in pain insig :( do painkillers help?

not_so_insig 09-03-2023 03:53 PM

Yes but they seem to lower my temperature so I feel freezing. It's very cold here.

Cacoethes 09-03-2023 03:57 PM

Cold here and pissing it down.
I'm having to dry my hoodie and trainers on the radiator
My hoodie was 10x heavier than normal because it was so wet!
I don't think it will be completely dry before taekwondo

tamobhuuta 09-03-2023 04:07 PM

It's cold here too, I've got three layers and a blanket on.

one_step_closer 09-03-2023 04:58 PM

Sorry you're all cold etc. I have a jumper on and a zip up top that has cosy stuff inside. I hope you can find ways to warm up.

The optician was ok. My eyes are healthy but my left eye has deteriorated a lot. I think my right eye was better than the last test or the same. It was so obvious that my left eye was so much worse, a lot of the time I couldn't see the letters I could just see the white background. Not happy with the glasses I was helped to choose and can't use my same frames this time.

Cacoethes 09-03-2023 05:05 PM

I've just cleaned out the piggos and then cleaned up the aftermath, so I am very warm now!

My left eye is worse also.
Can you get your prescription and try and find some glasses online? They're often a lot cheaper and a lot more choice.
One website sends you a selection (that you pick) to try on for free and then you just pop them in a postbox to send them back.
I can't remember the site name now, it was a while ago. But there are loads of them now. And some you can try them on virtually.

one_step_closer 09-03-2023 05:10 PM

An additional workout for you, Beckie! How often do you clean their space?

The person was taking into account how my lenses will be after thinning and what glasses would suit that and I'd have no idea how to work that out if I was choosing frames online.

long road 09-03-2023 05:21 PM

Beckie if you got a waterproof coat then it wouldn't get soaking wet like your hoodie. Just Saying :p

I am having a staying in bed sort of day as my FND is flaring again plus have a sinus headache from my hayfever. I want to get back into my routine soon as it was really helping my FND. Will try again tomorrow.

Cacoethes 09-03-2023 05:50 PM

I do spot cleans most days. Replace all hay and bigger spot clean on sunday, full clean out on Thursdays.
But the hay gets EVERYWHERE! So cleaning up the kitchen and living room after a clean takes as long as the actual cage clean!

Ah yeah. My lenses have to be thinned too. Pita.

I have a waterproof coat! I just don't like wearing it.
And no, I don't know why I'm like this XD

Sounds like that's what you need today Jen!
Fingers crossed for a better day tomorrow

one_step_closer 09-03-2023 06:24 PM

There's no point mentioning jackets to Beckie, Jen. She must like getting cold and wet in her hoodies!

I'm sorry you're not doing so well, Jen, but I'm glad you're doing what you need to be doing. I hope tomorrow is better.

Cacoethes 09-03-2023 06:33 PM

I don't like it. But I refuse to change XD
Honestly no idea why.
I don't actually get that cold. I'm quite a warm person and I warm up quickly when I walk.

long road 09-03-2023 06:34 PM

My lens have to be thinned three! Mainly due to my astigmatism. Silly elongated eyeballs.

I was mostly teasing re coat vs. hoodies. I know Beckie will not change! I wonder if they make a waterproof hoodie? That would be a good solution. I grew up hiking with the scouts so have always been accepting of waterproofs, getting cold and wet while hiking can be dangerous. That said as a uni student if it was only mild rain I'd go out in a hoodie less effort than a coat.

Definitely doing what I need, mildly frustrated but mostly accepting it. Hoping for a better day tomorrow and resting should help make that more likely.

Zurg 09-03-2023 06:41 PM

My eyes Got increasingly worse over many years. I found out a while ago that the medication risperidone can actually decrease your sight if you're unfortunate enough to be prone to that side effect. I met someone on a Facebook group that had to come off it due to that. I was pretty surprised but upon a more thorough readthrough of the side effects listed on the info paper, it actually does mention it.

Last time i went for an eye test and new glasses, my vision had improved quite a bit. Whether there is a connection with coming off risperidone some years ago, i can't say.

I hate getting new glasses. I feel like i spend hours in there, while someone just keeps chucking different frames at me and i have a hell-is time trying to pick…. Eventually i get tired and in a blind panic just settle for whatever i'm holding at the time.
I have the same issues when buying shoes. It takes soooo bloody long to find some that fit and that are comfy and i don't hate…!!!

long road 09-03-2023 06:49 PM

I hate that because you pick glasses from frames with no prescriptions in them and so you can never clearly see what the glasses look like on your face until you have bought them and got them made up. Because you need glasses to see your face properly!

tamobhuuta 09-03-2023 07:02 PM

I have to have my lenses thinned and have strong frames.

tamobhuuta 09-03-2023 07:15 PM

My mum and dad both have covid!

Zurg 09-03-2023 07:21 PM

Nooo, Tamo :( I hope they are okay, though?? Did you guys have all your vaccinations???

tamobhuuta 09-03-2023 07:25 PM

They feel a bit rotten, like a bad cold. We've all had the vaccination and boosters!

long road 09-03-2023 08:07 PM

Hope they feel better soon. I had Covid last April, it was horrible but thanks to vaccinations I avoided hospital. Lots of rest and fluids.

Cacoethes 09-03-2023 08:18 PM

We had cagoules as kids. The kind you could scrunch up and put it back into its waterproof bag.
Probably looked like right d*cks. But we did quite a bit of camping and were generally outdoorsy.

What I found hilarious in Amsterdam was on a tour. I was the only English person out of all Americans. Had a very slight drizzle and they all went umbrellas up and broke out some waterproof ponchos! I didn't even need to put my hood up! I can't remember where they were from, but I imagine it wasn't somewhere as grey and cold as England! XD

I only started wearing glasses at 18. Optician at the time said it was because of the clozapine i started at 15.

Ugh! Covid is awful. I had it Christmas 2021. Totally fine on Christmas eve, woke up ill on Christmas day. Gave my entire family covid.
I felt dreadful. But the thing that I was most upset about was that I ordered a domino's to cheer myself up. And it was at that moment I discovered I had lost my sense of taste and smell....so it was like eating an incredibly expensive piece of cardboard. Fuming.

Hope they feel better soon!

tamobhuuta 09-03-2023 08:31 PM

How upsetting with the pizza!

Cacoethes 09-03-2023 08:37 PM

Yeah I was so annoyed!
But I guess I'm lucky that's as bad as it got.
Well, for 3 days I didn't feel well enough to move much. But after that I was fine.

tamobhuuta 09-03-2023 08:49 PM

I only had one really bad day. I couldn't leave my room so I freaked my mum out by phoning asking for paracetamol in the middle of the night (I live with her!).