RYL Forums

RYL Forums (https://www.recoveryourlife.com/forum/index.php)
-   General Chat (https://www.recoveryourlife.com/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=21)
-   -   The 'I need a distraction' thread. (https://www.recoveryourlife.com/forum/showthread.php?t=243064)

nonperson 31-01-2018 10:26 PM

I'm only watching it because I can't find anything else to watch.

Aubergine 31-01-2018 10:36 PM

I've never seen it either, Emma. Any good, Person?

My Dad's car is magic! :P

It was OK thanks. He fed me, which was nice. Talking was an effort, but he seemed to get that and chatted to my step-mum while I had a headphone in, half listening. Was warm in his house with the wood burner on!

nonperson 31-01-2018 10:39 PM

It's.... I wouldn't say good but it's interesting. Not interesting enough for me to have watched the whole series though!

Pomegranate 31-01-2018 10:43 PM

Sounds nice and chilled Aubergine :-)

Aubergine 31-01-2018 10:44 PM

Haha Person! I'm glad it's keeping you occupied. :) How's the rest of the evening been? Well done on the cleaning, by the way!

Yeah it was thanks, Emma. How are you?

nonperson 31-01-2018 10:48 PM

It was emergency cleaning though... =( Glad I've done it. Made pasta too which was yummy. What did your dad feed you with?

Pomegranate 31-01-2018 10:50 PM

Emergency cleaning is still cleaning and sometimes the hardest type to do!

I’m ok Aubergine. Glad to be home. I find it really difficult to be around people at the moment or connect with things which is a shame because I’d usually love going to a Harry Potter exhibition with friends.

nonperson 31-01-2018 10:52 PM

Me and Mum were wondering about going to that exhibition. She wanted a day out in London some time for just the two of us. Is it worth seeing? Sorry you didn't feel up to enjoying it fully. =/

Aubergine 31-01-2018 11:00 PM

Emma speaks wise words about cleaning! :)

Ah, I'm sorry you couldn't completely connect. Home is good. :) How's your kitten?

My pharmacist made me laugh today. Went to pick up my meds (well, the ones the GP will do) and he said "Aubergine, they've put PRN on the label. I would have asked them to change it if you were a customer, but as it's you a didn't." I'm still a customer! Though he did once offer me a job... :wow:

Pomegranate 31-01-2018 11:01 PM

It’s interesting. The original medieval books depicting the creatures are quite cool and there’s some cool original drafts and things. Only takes about an hour and a half to go round and was quite busy but if you are a big HP fan then it’s worth it if you’re doing other things as well and can get tickets :-)

Pomegranate 31-01-2018 11:03 PM

Haha, love it when the pharmacy know you lol.

Kitten is good. It’s nice to come home and be greeted with snuggles without having to humanise and interact. Going to have a home day tomorrow until CC comes round at 4. Need to work on my ‘vision board’ she set me as homework. It’s like a board with things you’d like to do and achieve etc on it.

nonperson 31-01-2018 11:04 PM

We're both big fans so think we'd enjoy it. =)

I like it when my pharmacist spots me walk in and gets my prescription without me having to ask for it at the counter.

Did someone say kitten?!

Pomegranate 31-01-2018 11:06 PM

1 Attachment(s)
Attachment 23431

Pomegranate 31-01-2018 11:07 PM

Not sure why it’s sideways lol. That’s him in my jumper pocket.

nonperson 31-01-2018 11:09 PM

Love it when they're that small! So cute.

I was talking to my parents at the weekend about getting another cat and Mum told me it was a really bad idea. =(

Pomegranate 31-01-2018 11:10 PM

Oh no! Why did she think it was a bad idea? How many do you have at the moment?

nonperson 31-01-2018 11:12 PM

I only have one but he gets lonely and he did used to have companions but not any more... so I think he'd like the company. Plus I want a cute kitten.

I dunno, she didn't really give a reason. Originally I might have been moving and she thought it'd be easier to move with one cat rather than two... but I'm probaby staying put for a while now anyway. Just made me feel sad though, parents are meant to be supportive!

Pomegranate 31-01-2018 11:17 PM

I get that. Maybe ask her her reasons? If you’re moving it makes sense to wait, hard as that is but if you aren’t and he’s lonely then getting one seems a great idea. Plus it’s not like it’s much extra responsibility since you already have one.

nonperson 31-01-2018 11:21 PM

Yeah I'm sure I could easily raise another cat. I'm lucky I can pop home at lunch times. But still, it's a big decision. I'll probably keep thinking about it for ages until I decide anything.

Aubergine 31-01-2018 11:22 PM

I'm sorry that she wasn't more supportive, Person. Another cat sounds nice. :) Especially if you aren't moving soon.

Six months until I can ask my landlord about a cat... She text me saying "thank you lovely" today, so you know, I think she might like me enough... :P

Your kitten is SO cute, Emma. <3 I can see why it'd be great company. She's very lucky to have you!

nonperson 31-01-2018 11:26 PM

I think cats are way less destructive than dogs so I don't see why your landlord wouldn't let you! Plus it sounds like you're in there already. ;-)

Pomegranate 31-01-2018 11:28 PM

Thanks Aubergine! Fingers crossed your landlord says yes!

Aubergine 01-02-2018 12:11 AM

Never even met the woman and she's calling me "lovely." Oh, she'd think I was even more of a delight if she ever saw me in person. :P

Thanks Emma. :)

It's getting late. Bed by 12am. Sleep for you guys at any point soon? Has anyone seen the moon?

Pomegranate 01-02-2018 12:24 AM

No actually! I’ll have a look but it’s too cold to go out looking for it lol.

I’m tired but not feeling like sleeping just yet. Think it might be a late one. One of the few reasons I miss quitiapine lol.

What’s everyone upto tomorrow?

Aubergine 01-02-2018 12:30 AM

It is cold! I saw it when leaving my dad. Very big and very bright! :) Hope you can see it from a window. :)

I'm working. Then sleeping! Then on Friday it's my sister's birthday! Her age makes me feel old, as I remember helping to feed her. :P

How about you?

Pomegranate 01-02-2018 12:42 AM

Awwww, I’m like that with my sister. There’s 13 years between us and she’s just got her first car (albeit a few months before she turns 17). Made me feel very old lol.

Tomorrow I will have a bed morning, then do some tidying and hoovering before CC comes round at 4. Kitchen is actually quite clean at the moment apart from washing up lol.

Pomegranate 01-02-2018 12:42 AM

What hours do you work?

Aubergine 01-02-2018 01:00 AM

I can imagine! I'm not sure where all of the years have gone!

That sounds good, especially the bed morning! I hope appointment with your CC goes well. Well done on the clean kitchen! Washing up is annoying.

I work 9am - 6pm, with a 60 minute lunch break (and additional breaks of up to 15 minutes if I need them). There's a thing in the hospital cafe tomorrow for Time to Talk day. According the the secret trust Facebook group, a few members of staff from the MH trust I'm under are going to be there, including the ward manager. I can't remember all of what they've seen me like, but I was significantly Not Good. Will just have to try extra hard to be normal at lunch time tomorrow, to show that I can actually do it!

Aubergine 01-02-2018 01:07 AM

Work hours are changing though. At the moment it's those hours every Thursday and Friday, but will be 2pm - 6pm on a Monday and Tuesday and 9am - 6pm as normal on Friday. It should suit me better. Start from the 12th, when the new employee starts.

Pomegranate 01-02-2018 01:21 AM

Sounds like it will be better but change is always hard and requires mental adjustment! Hopefully will be for the best though.

Aubergine 01-02-2018 01:28 AM

Thank you. I've been a bit worried about it, truth be told, even though it's in my best interests. Leaving the house at around 8:20 and not getting back until 18:30 is difficult two days in a row. I sound like a lightweight (because I am :P), but work is HARD.

What hours do you do? Do you have set hours or is it like an agency?

Pomegranate 01-02-2018 01:32 AM

I’m not agency but I do work varied hours. At the moment I’m doing 3-10, sleep in, then 7/8 to 5. I only do 14-16 hours a week.

Today is my grandma’s three year anniversary. I know this isn’t a support thread but I wasn’t there cos I was sectioned. It’s weird to think that three years ago she was alive and I’d literally give anything for one more conversation. Then by 6am three years ago I’d received the phone call on the ward.

Pomegranate 01-02-2018 01:33 AM

I’m not agency but I do work varied hours. At the moment I’m doing 3-10, sleep in, then 7/8 to 5. I only do 14-16 hours a week.

Today is my grandma’s three year anniversary. I know this isn’t a support thread but I wasn’t there cos I was sectioned. It’s weird to think that three years ago she was alive and I’d literally give anything for one more conversation. Then by 6am three years ago I’d received the phone call on the ward.

Work IS hard

Pomegranate 01-02-2018 01:34 AM

Work is ****ing hard. Especially when you’re not feeling tip top. You’re doing fab!

Aubergine 01-02-2018 01:45 AM

Those are tough shifts. Do you usually get any sleep on a sleep-in? I remember that I never used to! I guess at least it's all out of the way in one go. How long until your shift pattern changes?

Oh Emma. Losing someone so suddenly is difficult. Have a hug if you'd like one.

Pomegranate 01-02-2018 01:47 AM

Thanks Aubergine. Hugs are very welcome.

I never normally do sleep ins but I’ve had to last couple of weeks because of the lack of driving license and the 2+hr commute each way. Luckily we do tend to get to sleep on a sleep in! Maybe get woken up once but it’s not too bad.

Aubergine 01-02-2018 01:55 AM

I'm glad you do tend to sleep! Is it a 1:1 thing, or for a whole residential home? I used to do 1:1 sleep ins in an LD home, as the person had really bad behavioural issues. There were contacts on their bedroom door that would sound an alarm by the sleep in bed if it opened. Person used to go to bed at 10pm and wake multiple times in the night, before finally declining to go back to bed at all at about 5am. But it was still classed as/paid for as a sleep in! Madness, especially if you had shifts the late before and the early afterwards. I was really not cut out for care work. I'm in awe of you - don't know how you do it!

Pomegranate 01-02-2018 02:36 AM

It’s for seven residents that share the sleep in. Generally you don’t get woken up, maybe once and usually they call between 10 and 12 so before you go to sleep! None of them have major behaviours or are 1:1. Quite a bit of self harm but usually minor and during the day.

Aubergine 01-02-2018 02:42 AM

Oh, that's not too bad then. Any sign of sleep yet?

Pomegranate 01-02-2018 02:49 AM

No but in bed with lights out. Going to then tv off after this show is done. My friend has just phoned me to check in and check re meds and said to text her when tv is off and going to sleep.

Pomegranate 01-02-2018 02:49 AM

What about you? You’re up late too!

Aubergine 01-02-2018 02:55 AM

Sounds like a good friend. You need someone like that. I think we all do. :) I hope you're able to sleep after the TV programme is finished.

I need to get into bed, rather than sitting on top of it. Sigh. It's just the thought of lying there. Might get my in ear headphones out and sleep with them in. Worked the other night. :) My sister is 25 now! Quarter of a century. I remember when she was so, so small. Now she's all grown up. Still living at home and not paying rent, mind. Even though she has a good, full-time job as deputy manager of a upper-end clothing shop in the city. :nono:

Pomegranate 01-02-2018 02:58 AM

Ha she sounds like my middle sister lol! We eldest definitely drew the short straw!

Headphones sound good. Have you got them to hand? You def need to try and rest at least, even if you don’t sleep straight away, because of work tomorrow.

Aubergine 01-02-2018 03:04 AM

Oh we definitely did! When I worked full-time in the pharmacy in town (when I was 17), I was earning £4 an hour (not old enough for minimum wage). I still paid my Mum £100 a month to live there. My sister earns a LOT more than that. Unfortunately, she likes to buy large quantities of the stock she holds. :wow:

In bed now. Going to lie with my music and eyes closed. I hope you get some sleep. Stay safe. *hug*

Pomegranate 01-02-2018 03:13 AM

Thanks, you too, well done for going to bed :-)

Aubergine 01-02-2018 04:19 AM

Well, that didn't work. Going to have a shower.

Cacoethes 01-02-2018 08:07 AM

Morning guys

Hope you both got some sleep!

Aubergine 01-02-2018 08:07 AM

Nope!

How are you?

Cacoethes 01-02-2018 08:24 AM

Oh no!
Are you able to nap during the day?

I am tired and cold!!

Aubergine 01-02-2018 08:34 AM

I'm working 9am - 6pm. Doom. I think it's the antisickness I was given yesterday though, not me going mad. I still feel a bit wired. It's been awful. Oh well. Work will keep me out of mischief! :D

Are you on your way to college now?