RYL Forums

RYL Forums (https://www.recoveryourlife.com/forum/index.php)
-   General Chat (https://www.recoveryourlife.com/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=21)
-   -   The 'I need a distraction' thread. (https://www.recoveryourlife.com/forum/showthread.php?t=243064)

Cacoethes 15-03-2023 08:58 AM

Morning everyone

tamobhuuta 15-03-2023 11:31 AM

Morning Cacoethes how are you?

long road 15-03-2023 11:38 AM

Morning!

I just woke up, still feeling a bit groggy.

Heat being stuck on during glow beats sounds a nightmare Beckie!

How are you today Tamo? Did you get your crumpets?

not_so_insig 15-03-2023 12:16 PM

Hello all. I am feeling much better today. Still not quite right though.

Cacoethes 15-03-2023 12:46 PM

Morning guys!
At work. Good team. Spent most of the morning chatting **** tbh XD

one_step_closer 15-03-2023 02:19 PM

Afternoon everyone.

I'm glad you have good people working with you today, Beckie. I hope your shift continues well.

How are you, Tamo? Less Covid symptoms yet?

Do you have anything planned for today, Jen? Are you ok after your busy day yesterday?

I'm glad you're feeling a bit better, Dawn. I hope you feel totally better soon. Have you got anything to do today? Is there still snow there?

long road 15-03-2023 02:35 PM

Did my whole morning routine for first time in ages. Woke up by 10:30, did breakfast and meds andgot outside by 12. Didn't stay outside long though as it started to rain.

Bit tired and achy so taking my day slow and had some leg spasms last night but doing ok. Also had a call with my physio checking in which went pretty well.

Just had some sausage rolls and left over pizza for lunch, so I didn't have to prep anything and now watching some Australian Survivor on TV.

Got model painting, washing up to this afternoon and dinner to cook and rpg to play in this evening. Going to grab a rest when my episode.is finished and when I finish afternoon plans.

not_so_insig 15-03-2023 02:55 PM

No other than post 2 postcards I have nothing to do today. It's raining here so can't go and sit outside. No snow here.

long road 15-03-2023 03:06 PM

Ooh postcards. I love a good postcard. What are the pictures on the ones you are sending Dawn? Unless thay may mean spoilers for RYL members.

not_so_insig 15-03-2023 03:25 PM

It's postcrossing not ryl. Not sure what I am sending one person but the other is of a lighthouse.

not_so_insig 15-03-2023 04:14 PM

I sent a postcard with facts about Wales in the end. Also as soon as I got to the postbox the postman came to collect the post so I know it's been collected. It also means that the collection times posted on the box are inaccurate as according to it collection times are 7 am.

tamobhuuta 15-03-2023 04:55 PM

Hello everyone.

I do have crumpets! I had one with chocolate spread :)

one_step_closer 15-03-2023 05:57 PM

Well done with everything, Jen. Sounds like a good day. Doing things and recognising the need to rest. I hope you're proud of yourself.

That was lucky with the post, Dawn. I think some Royal Mail things are still a bit muddled up.

Yummy, Tamo. How are you feeling today?

tamobhuuta 15-03-2023 06:25 PM

Better. But tomorrow is my hairwash day and I'm not sure I can manage that yet!

one_step_closer 15-03-2023 06:27 PM

See how you feel tomorrow. Could you get someone to help? If you can't do it that's ok, there are other days.

not_so_insig 15-03-2023 07:57 PM

I need to wash my hair too. Let's hope that I dont keel over. Unfortunately I am going out tomorrow so I can't leave it.

Cacoethes 15-03-2023 07:58 PM

Whaddup my G's

long road 15-03-2023 08:14 PM

The sky
But I am pretty good thanks. Meditated, made good progress on my model painting. Did some grounding and then prepped veg for dinner and partner is handling the rest as they can do those bits one handed and did some of the washing up but stopped and the rack was full and I CBA to dry things.

Just chilling while dinner cooks now.

How are you Beckie?

Cacoethes 15-03-2023 09:58 PM

I've been spending far too much time around young people...

Sounds good!
Tbf, I literally never dry things.
The things in constant use, like my big mug, don't even make it back to the cupboard. They just live on the rack.
Everything else can air dry and i put it away later.

What's for dinner?

I'm ok. Decent day at work.
Except for full on hallucinating in front of a customer and he asked me if I was ok...awks. especially as he's in there like every day.

Cacoethes 16-03-2023 08:22 AM

Morning everyone

Zurg 16-03-2023 10:32 AM

Morning Beckie :)
How are you today??

I've cleaned Findus' litter box and hoovered the livingroom and now both me and the tiny zoo have crashed. Cleaning is hard work!!! Even for the ones who don't join but just watch ;)
Doing laundry this afternoon. And i am running out of cola so probably need to go to the grocery shop later. I cba but having no cola makes me anxious (yes, i am aware i have a problem…)

tamobhuuta 16-03-2023 11:18 AM

Hi guys. Well done on the cleaning Zurg.

not_so_insig 16-03-2023 11:32 AM

Hello all. I feel almost normal today. Only a tiny bit ill. Ryl bin day today so have been to collect my wheelie bin. The recycling hasn't been done yet. I slept really well.

Cacoethes 16-03-2023 11:54 AM

I'm ok i think!

Well done for cleaning!
The guinea pigs also find cleaning exhausting :tongue2:

I have been to pilates and vape shop. I was going to go to the post office to use my top up voucher but my electric key wasn't in my bag. I thought I'd transferred everything over from my old bag but apparently not. So will have to track that down now. Annoying because i was already in town and remembered the letter and passport!

long road 16-03-2023 12:25 PM

Hey everyone.

My parents are arriving this afternoon to stay for a few days so I may not be on here as much.

Currently trying to wake up enough to go take a shower.

Cleaning is very tiring. Especially all the eye movement involved in watching!

Gah! I hate it when you think you have something and you get to the place you need it and poof! It was never there!

Cacoethes 16-03-2023 12:58 PM

I hope you have a nice time

Oddly enough, something made me search my bag before going to the post office. It's not a long walk, but at least I saved myself going to the post office, standing in the, often long and slow, queue before finding out I didn't have it. Vape shop is at the other end of town, so I just went home via that way.

one_step_closer 16-03-2023 01:01 PM

Afternoon everyone.

Well done with doing all that, Kat. I hope you do get some cola. I always need to have Pepsi Max. I maybe should try a cheaper brand though.

Are you doing any better today, Tamo?

I'm glad you're on the road to feeling normal again, Dawn.

That does sound annoying, Beckie. I hope you haven't lost the key.

Do you get on well with your parents, Jen? I hope it's not too tiring for you or gets in the way of what you need to be doing to look after yourself.

Cacoethes 16-03-2023 01:15 PM

I have to get cheap diet cola now. I miss coke zero but it's £2 and the asda version is 50p.
Just cannot justify that £2 on a single bottle when I can get 4 cheap ones for the same price!

It was in a secret pocket in my old bag. Lucky I kept it!
I don't have time to go back into town today so I'll go before work tomorrow.

How are you doing today lindsay?

tamobhuuta 16-03-2023 02:29 PM

I washed my hair! Buy I didn't have the energy to shave my legs. Small wins. I'm very tired now though. Well done everyone who is doing tiring things!

one_step_closer 16-03-2023 02:40 PM

I'm glad you found it, Beckie. I can see how easily it could go missing hiding in an old bag.

Well done, Tamo. I'm glad you managed even though you're still unwell. It might have played on your mind if you hadn't done it. Resting now?

I'm trying to be ok. Lots of stuff to deal with though and wish I could phone Duty. Been to the chemist and Tesco then came home and put a washing on and sorted all that out and did a quick hoover. My phone is going to tell me to exercise soon. Don't really want to!

tamobhuuta 16-03-2023 03:20 PM

I believe you can phone Duty osc!

Cacoethes 16-03-2023 03:25 PM

Well done tamo

Phoning duty is hard.

Quite a funny bodycombat today.
Some kids who were in the park opposite kept chucking stuff through the open fire door in the studio. After the second time, the instructor and another lady in the class legged it outside after them. Long story short, the other lady scared the crap out of them and I don't think they'll be doing that again anytime soon XD

long road 16-03-2023 04:24 PM

I get on pretty well with my parents. There is definitely love there. I am tired think I over did it the last couple of days tidying etc.

They are here and it is nice

Cacoethes 16-03-2023 05:14 PM

That's good.
I don't think I'd be able to have my family over for any length of time tbh! I love them, but it's draining!

one_step_closer 16-03-2023 05:51 PM

Both my parents are dead and I don't meet up with my extended family. I only have to meet up with my brother sometimes and that can be overwhelming. I'm glad you get on well with your parents, Jen. I hope you enjoy their visit.

Thanks for your belief in me, Tamo.

Eww, annoying children! I'm glad they had a good scare!

Cacoethes 16-03-2023 06:13 PM

I can spend time with my brothers no problem.
2 of them in particular. We're all as weird as each other so we just talk crap.
In the sibling group chat this morning (aptly named '90's kids support group' we talked for ages about how the Clangers are apparently swearing. And Brum was called Brum because he was in Birmingham. Not because cars go Brum brum. (Mind.blown.)

Yeah. Must be school strikes or something again because there were a lot of children about today.

long road 16-03-2023 06:22 PM

They are pretty understanding of my need for breaks etc. I just had a little nap.

They live 200 miles away so generally they stay over or I stay at theirs when visiting occurs. Although this is the first time they have stayed over since Covid, they stayed in hotels last couple of times

one_step_closer 16-03-2023 06:43 PM

I saw the Brum thing on Fb. I'm sticking to it being the noise a car makes.

What are you up to this evening, Beckie?

Will you be doing anything special with your parents, Jen?

Cacoethes 16-03-2023 06:53 PM

I have just arrived at taekwondo. Earlier than usual. I think I'm unintentionally walking faster these days.

not_so_insig 16-03-2023 07:40 PM

I saw Brum outside a museum in the Cotswolds once.

Cacoethes 16-03-2023 08:28 PM

I forgot about the radiator situation at the centre.
Doboks are very thick so that didn't help!
And can't have doors open I assume because of the kids.

Zurg 16-03-2023 09:55 PM

Evening all.
Sorry for disappearing. I've had a mentally rough/challenging day. Close to a meltdown this evening i decided to lay down a bit. Proceeded to Fall asleep almost instantly and napped for two hours. Fortunately woke up just around bedtime ;)
Probably good decision to nap. It felt like self harm was a very sensible option in my chaotic mind….
Have tucked the zoo in and now having a very late cup of evening coffee :)

And i am legit impressed with all the different achievements you guys have managed today!!! A toast in coffee for your strength and perserverance!!!

Cacoethes 16-03-2023 10:16 PM

Evening!
Well done for getting through it!

Cacoethes 17-03-2023 08:57 AM

Morning everyone

Zurg 17-03-2023 10:28 AM

Morning Beckie :)
How are you today?

I just had a shower. Feeling very organised and clean!!

Cacoethes 17-03-2023 11:20 AM

Hellooo!
I'm alive.
Been to asda, aldi, poundland and post office this morning. Work soon.

Well done! Clean is always a nice feeling!
Do you have much on today?

Zurg 17-03-2023 11:25 AM

You're so productive, Beckie :)

I am not doing much today. Going to my mum's in an hour-ish. We always eat dinner together on fridays.
Don't really feel up to it, i'd rather stay at home and nap. But i've spent some time cuddling Findus to cheer me up and it helps.

I hope work Will be nice and not stressful :)

Cacoethes 17-03-2023 11:46 AM

I hope you have a nice time.

It's Friday and st patricks day. So I am anticipating busyness.

tamobhuuta 17-03-2023 11:52 AM

Morning guys. I mistakenly got up an hour early because I misread my watch. By the time I realised it didn't seem worth going back to bed. But I'm quite tired!

one_step_closer 17-03-2023 02:08 PM

Afternoon everyone.

Organised and clean is great, Kat. Well done you. Does it take a lot out of you to visit your Mum's? I hope it's not too taxing or you'll allow yourself not to go if it's going to be too much. I'm glad you have Findus.

I hope work isn't too busy for you, Beckie and the staff on are the ones who make shifts better for you.

That's a shame, Tamo. Maybe you'll feel more awake through the day and can maybe take a nap if you need to.