RYL Forums

RYL Forums (https://www.recoveryourlife.com/forum/index.php)
-   Creativity and Reviews (https://www.recoveryourlife.com/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=23)
-   -   What book are you reading or just read? (https://www.recoveryourlife.com/forum/showthread.php?t=1850)

Margo 11-05-2011 08:49 PM

Am reading Freedom by Jonathan Franzen.

Its rather splendid!

xxhappydaysxx 14-05-2011 12:27 PM

I just finished Russel Brands autobiography & I thought it was good.

Annnnd now im reading Tiger Tiger by Margaux Fragoso & tis good so far!

nowhereman 15-05-2011 10:40 PM

JUst finished Blue by Sue Mayfield, amazing, everyone should read it, and Skin by whoever it's by. Now I'm reading Blood Oath by Christopher Farnsworth, it's very good, about the president's vampire.

Dreaming. 16-05-2011 07:23 AM

Just finished A Week in December, which I didn't really enjoy thaaat much. It was good, but it wasn't amazing.

Now reading Beauty and The Beast, I can't remember who it's by, and The Angels Game by Carlos Ruiz Zafón. I loved The Shadow of the Wind, so I'm really looking forward to reading this.

makedamnsure 16-05-2011 10:20 AM

^^For people that love books and liked Shadow of the Wind.
I recommend "if on a winters night a traveller" by Italo Calvino

I've just started it on brothers recommendation and I love it so far. It really draws you in and then leaves you hanging! Frustrating but thats the point! Its about the power of novels and things. Amazing book.

Hobbes 16-05-2011 01:23 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Dreaming. (Post 2811114)
Just finished A Week in December, which I didn't really enjoy thaaat much. It was good, but it wasn't amazing.

I felt exactly the same about this book. Expected a lot more and it was abit disappointing in the end.

Anyway, Ive just finished You Dont Know Me by David Klass and im about to re-read To Kill A Mockingbird by Harper Lee.

xxhappydaysxx 17-05-2011 06:02 PM

Im now reading "one morning one moment" which is good and easy to read so far, im not far into it, but ive heard its really good anyways.

CaiteeBug 17-05-2011 09:33 PM

I just started reading Dead Reckoning by Charlaine Harris. It's the newest Sookie Stackhouse novel.

Belladonna 17-05-2011 09:35 PM

Just finished the perks of being a wallflower by stephen chbosky, which I would recommend to anyone. I'm currently working my way through the manga Loveless too.

PrincessVegeta_x 17-05-2011 10:02 PM

'The Spook's Secret' by Joseph Delaney. x

nowhereman 17-05-2011 10:31 PM

I'm now reading And by the Way by Denise Deegan. I just finished re reading Thirteen Reasons Why by Jay Asher.

tiptoes 19-05-2011 09:50 AM

I am reading The Godfather

Optimus Pirate 19-05-2011 11:52 AM

I have so so many books i want to read at the moment - and shelves full of unread books that my flatmates mum has given me!

But currently reading The Girl Who Kicked the Hornets' Nest byt Stieg Larsson (third book in his millennium series)

Excellent books, but unfortunately the third one is taking me a while to read because my concentration has disappeared, and they aren't the easiest of books to follow...

crazykat 19-05-2011 12:04 PM

Just finished 'Sing you home' by Jodi Picoult yesterday. Going to start reading 'These things hidden' by Heather Gudenkauf

Leo Pard 21-05-2011 11:26 PM

ATM I'm reading:

In Stitches: The Highs and Lows of Life as an A & E Doctor, Dr Nick Edwards, again.
Epsom Downs, Howard Brenton. (For Uni)
Danger to Self, On the Frontline With an ER Psychatrist, Paul R Linde MD.
Dead Men Walking, Christopher Berry-Dee and Tony Brown.
The Asylum for Wayard Victorian Girls, Emilie Autumn.
Performance Lighting Design, Nick Moran. (For Uni and he's my tutor)
Lastly, of course, Richard A Novel, Ben Myres.

I need to start/finish:
Dorian Grey, Oscar Wilde.
Kiss me Judas, Will Christopher Baer.
Mrs Fry's Diary, Stephen Fry.
The Fry Chronicles, Stephen Fry.
My Sh*t Life so Far, Frankie Boyle.
My Booky Wook, Russell Brand.
A few others that are lurking around as well.

Not as many as usual but I'm sh*t busy at the moment so yeah.

TruthResistsSimplicity 22-05-2011 01:58 PM

Jsut re-reading Paper Towns by John Green which I think is one of the best thought out, beautiful books written in the last 10 years.
It does hurt that it's funny too ^-^

makedamnsure 23-05-2011 10:02 AM

I'm reading one hundred years of solitude
another great book

Dreaming. 23-05-2011 08:27 PM

Oh oh oh I've heard that's good. You're enjoying it then?

I'm currently reading Les Miserables, which is pretty heavy-going (I have a Kindle, so thankfully not literally!), but I'm really enjoying it.

Serendipity. 24-05-2011 12:49 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Femme Fatale (Post 2819217)
ATM I'm reading:

Danger to Self, On the Frontline With an ER Psychatrist, Paul R Linde MD.

Is it any good? I've just ordered it, looking forward to reading it.

Just finished 'Souls Are Made of Endurance' can't remember who by. It was awful.

fakesmiler 24-05-2011 02:10 AM

Im just about to start Jodi Picoults newest one- Sing me Home- really looking forward to it-
Have just finished re-reading - But Inside im screaming- Elizabeth Flock- would definatly recommend it, its a really good read xx