RYL Forums

RYL Forums (https://www.recoveryourlife.com/forum/index.php)
-   Veterans Board (https://www.recoveryourlife.com/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=34)
-   -   Virtual Psych ward! (https://www.recoveryourlife.com/forum/showthread.php?t=1312)

frenchhorn 19-04-2010 08:42 PM

*hugs crimson* yeah there are some people over here who eat strange things, my sister eats ketchup sandwiches and yeah I know someone who eats raw onion
I'm in pain because of my binder I wear, and especially having not been wearing it for a week and wearing it again, but I won't stop wearing it and there isn't anything a doctor can do, except say don't wear it, which I'm not doing.

*morning hugs JK* yeah I am having a rest for this evening, just had my tea and just going to relax and watch some stuff tonight. hope you have a good day.

*hugs Kahlia* I really hope you get some sleep soon

*hugs Helen* I hope you feel better soon, some food may help.

*hugs Hayley, April, Mark, Laura and Nicole*

Strawberry.Bananas 19-04-2010 09:01 PM

i need to escape. i need hug.

i'm sorry.

CrazyHayley 19-04-2010 09:02 PM

*huggles Oliver* well surely you can get some pain relief medication for when wearing your binder? Or how about some of those over the counter pain relief rub in things if your not allowed to be prescribed meds?

Thats about as useful as I think I'm going to get tonight. I'm going to take my meds early now and get ready for bed, then it'll only be an hour or so before I usually go to bed which isn't too bad.

Hopefully I'll be more like my old sane self soon and a more useful supportive inmate. *group huggle!*

*takes meds, cleans teeth, washes hands and face, puts on pj's, grabs her ted and toddles off down a corridor to find a different spot to snuggle down in tonight*

PoisonedApple 19-04-2010 09:04 PM

*feels slow this morning* i totally should have thought of that being the reason....
thought of another strange one though... my mother in law eats dark chocolate and bleu cheese together.
*huggles everyone and runs off to be more frustrated with my job*

MammaMia 19-04-2010 09:06 PM

Well I ate, don't feel any better lol :(

Doikers 19-04-2010 09:08 PM

*Hugs Vicki* No need to be sorry , whats up?
*Hugs Helen* I'm sorry you don't feel any better but it's good you ate , what did you have ?

MammaMia 19-04-2010 10:59 PM

*cuddles everyone lots*

I'm so tired. Wish I could go sleep now but it won't happen. Godammit. I'm so ill aswell, I just feel so crap. Plus have a huge headache & sore throat. On top of feeling sick. JOOOOOY!!

Mark, I ate toad in hole <3

Scarletdreamer 19-04-2010 11:24 PM

What is toad in hole??? (besides... a toad... in a hole... :P) *cuddles Hels* I do hope that you feel better soon, sounds like you're really not feeling good at the moment... wish I could do summat to help. Maybe have some herbal tea with lemon & honey, for that sore throat? Ginger tea is good for upset stomachs as well, as long as you're able to keep things down. *more cuddles*

*cuddles Vicki* What's up, love??

*cuddles Kahlia* Those noises from downstairs would make me a bit on edge as well... have you gotten any sleep in the past 2 days?? :( Having such bad insomnia really sucks, I remember having that, although I did get about 3 hours of sleep/night.

*cuddles Crimson* Wow, can't believe the comments that some people will make - to children, at that!! :-/ Not good. I'm glad that today went better though :D that's good at least. Sounds like the bagels at work were delicious... I'm in love with bagels... they are the best thing ever for breakfast. :) Had a cream cheese & tomato sandwich for lunch (best. combination. everrrr. :P)

*cuddles Hayley* Hope you feel better soon, love. :)

*cuddles Mark* I'm sorry you're not doing great... sucks to have those urges, huh? (I guess it's kind of beyond "sucking" ... it's HORRIFIC is what it is... I hate them so much) How was your day? did you do anything fun/exciting/interesting? And rants are just fine, no worries. (Oh, and you didn't sound insane... *cuddles more*)

*cuddles Oliver* I hope that you're in less pain shortly... :( That is awful... especially since doctors can't help. How are you doing otherwise? still feeling ill? (I spy you!! :D)

*cuddles Nicole, JK, Laura, and anyone else she's forgotten* :o

So tonight was the reception for Academic Honors... I am not the outstanding senior nominee for my department, which figures... I don't have a high enough GPA for it. Makes me feel like a failure even though I was invited to go to the reception anyway and receive an award (monetary and also a paper thing, forget what they're called... brain freeze, heh). I don't know. I just wish that I could do as well as my sister did... :( But I guess even getting this far through college - almost to graduation!! - is an accomplishment in and of itself, what with how severe my mental illnesses are. :-/ What do you guys think?? :-/

*hides in shame*

PoisonedApple 19-04-2010 11:32 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Scarletdreamer (Post 2250827)
*cuddles Crimson* Wow, can't believe the comments that some people will make - to children, at that!! :-/ Not good. I'm glad that today went better though :D that's good at least. Sounds like the bagels at work were delicious... I'm in love with bagels... they are the best thing ever for breakfast. :) Had a cream cheese & tomato sandwich for lunch (best. combination. everrrr. :P)

Yeah I know... I'm still pissed about it to a degree... I should never have had to explain that to stuff to G. We've kept her away from it for all 7.5 years till just the other day.
On todays side of things... Bagels are yummy. I had plain (the onion go quick) with onion chive cream cheese. I had brough my own bagel from home not knowing we'd have bagels so now I have one for tomorrow too lol
My gram used to have salmon, tomato and cr cheese on her bagels... not half bad...

And you have no reason to hide in shame... hold your head up proud. you may not be the top person but you did well and they told you so!

Scarletdreamer 19-04-2010 11:34 PM

Mmmm the cream cheese sounds heavenly... :) You're making me hungry, lol... haven't had much supper yet. :-/

*hides again* :(

SoMuchMore 19-04-2010 11:37 PM

haha this food conversation is making me laugh. I love Reese's/peanut butter cups.. of course.. im from the US so i guess i would lol. Ppl eat weird stuff everywhere though, its alright. Oh! and fried ice cream is awesome!!! (but yes.. not exactly good for u lol)

*cuddles everyone* I'll do individual replies later.. Right now i have to get ready for another interview for another story. I cant wait until i'm done with all these reporting classes. Only one left to take! GAH IM SO NERVOUS!

frenchhorn 20-04-2010 12:08 AM

*cuddles April* you should be very proud of yourself and toad in the hole is an english dish, of sausages in a batter mixture which when cooked is like yorkshire puddings.

*hugs Laura* good luck with your interview

*hugs Helen* well done for eating something, but I'm sorry it hasn't made you feel any better

*hugs JK, Mark, Hayley, Kahlia,Nicole and anyone else he has forgotten-sorry*

I'm still feeling pretty ill, plus my eye keeps twitching and hurting everytime I try to read something or concentrate on something, hence why this is taking me so long to type.
had some good things happened today, got my uni email changed to Oliver and also the register my horn teacher has says Oliver, which is good, especially when I thought they couldn't change any registers. I'm also hoping my psychiatrist appointment comes through soon.

PoisonedApple 20-04-2010 12:15 AM

Congrats! *hugs Oliver* So happy for you!

frenchhorn 20-04-2010 12:21 AM

thanks Crimson *hugs*

Allissa 20-04-2010 06:42 AM

Heyy I'm new to this place.. But I was just wondering... What's it like in a psych ward...?

Kahlia1981 20-04-2010 06:48 AM

Hi Allissa. What it's like in a psych ward is very dependent on a lot of factors: Where you are, who is in there with you, what sort of illnesses the other people have, how competent the staff are etc.

I don't want to scare you but psych wards can be good places and they can be bad places.

Is there a reason you are wondering about them?

jonikd 20-04-2010 10:37 AM

*hugs everyone groggily*

Wow, there's been a lot of interesting talk regarding global cuisine in my absence...toad in the hole? cantaloupe? peanut butter cups? Isn't it cool that we're such a multinational lot here on our wee psych ward in cyberspace. It truly is what the world is all about, nations pulling together for a common cause, loving mankind...hmm those drugs really are a lot stronger ;)

Congrats April on your achievement, I've never won anything, must feel so awesome to walk up on stage and collect an award like that. We are very proud of you *hugs tight*

Hope your interview went well Laura *huggles*

*squishes Helen & Kahlia*

*cuddles Crimson & Hayley*

*seeks out Nicole and hugs*

*hugs Mark & Oliver*

How is everyone now? I seem to be missing a whole lot of your conversations, just like in real life tbh :(

I am feeling bad, so have sent myself to bed and am waiting to be zonked enough to sleep and keep myself out of harm's way. One day at a time. ***** I'm getting sick of that :(

*hugs Puppy Sinclair, and the cleaners and the chefs and the nurses and the lady on the desk and shuffles off looking shamelessly for more cuddles*

Doikers 20-04-2010 11:26 AM

*Cuddles JK* Goodnight I hope you get a decent nights sleep tonight.

Quote:

But I guess even getting this far through college - almost to graduation!! - is an accomplishment in and of itself, what with how severe my mental illnesses are. :-/ What do you guys think?? :-/
I think you've done an awesome job April , I really do :)

*Waves at Allissa* Welcome to the ward :)

*Group Hugs*

MammaMia 20-04-2010 12:01 PM

*cuddles everyone lots and lots*

April, yeah I meant toad in the hole, assuming you know what that is? :P I hate tea & stuff so that'd be no good :( I'm feeling better today, well still feeling sick a bit. But we shall see, I've not long woke up. You've done awesomely well, I promise you have. *cuddles*

SoMuchMore 20-04-2010 02:13 PM

*hugs april* you have done great at uni! I promise. Most ppl do not do as well as u without any mental illnesses. Although, try not to compare urself to others too much.. its not helpful. Anyway, ur almost done, just keep ur eye on the prize.. only a few weeks!

*hugs oliver* Yay im glad that they changed ur name on the register and ur email! Im sorry that you are feeling ill still though.

*hugs alissa* welcome!

*hugs kahlia*

*hugs JK* Hope you were able to get to sleep. I'm sorry that u were feeling badly. *extra hugs*

*hugs helen* glad that you are feeling a little better!

*hugs nicole, vicki, mark, crimson, hayley and anyone else i might have missed*

Well I didn't do the interview, the guy was supposed to call me on his way home from work but he never did. Now I just feel pushy asking him for another time for the interview...
I talked to my friend last night. He was nice.. didn't really know what to say.. there is a religion barrier between his beliefs and mine so sometimes its hard for him to respond without sounding kinda preachy. O well, i'm still glad that i talked.
Had horrible dreams and slept poorly.. why do i always have to be exhausted on my busiest days? its so annoying.