RYL Forums

RYL Forums (https://www.recoveryourlife.com/forum/index.php)
-   General Chat (https://www.recoveryourlife.com/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=21)
-   -   The 'I need a distraction' thread. (https://www.recoveryourlife.com/forum/showthread.php?t=243064)

one_step_closer 28-11-2018 03:12 PM

Afternoon. Storm Diana has arrived.

Cacoethes 28-11-2018 03:21 PM

Yep!
Just gone outside and it is very windy!
And grey

not_so_insig 28-11-2018 03:23 PM

I take it's windy where you live Lindsay? I haven't been out yet but I have to be at some point. I got soaked yesterday but I am hoping it's not the case today.

one_step_closer 28-11-2018 04:21 PM

It's very wet and windy here. Think I'll stay inside for the rest of the day!

I hope you can get out and back without getting soaked Dawn.

What you getting up to Beckie?

This is RYL bin night isn't it? I'm wondering if it'll be safe to put my bin out or if it will be blown down.

not_so_insig 28-11-2018 04:32 PM

It's wet outside here. I have decided to stay indoors and not go out.

Blooming ups have delivered my parcel to the wrong address. It says that it was delivered but I haven't got it and I was in when they supposedly delivered it. I doubt that I can claim my money back via eBay as they will side with the seller.

one_step_closer 28-11-2018 04:35 PM

Staying indoors sounds like a good plan.

Delivery companies can be quite unreliable at times. Is there a way you can get in touch with UPS or can you ask some of your neighbours if they received your parcel?

not_so_insig 28-11-2018 04:38 PM

I have asked my neighbours and sent a message to the seller that they might want to complain to ups.

Aubergine 28-11-2018 04:42 PM

That's frustrating, Dawn. :(

I have applied for a new job. It's for a part-time senior pharmacy assistant in a hospita. Up north! Not too far from home though, not really. Might not even get an interview, have to do a literacy and numeracy test too, hah.

Eska 28-11-2018 04:42 PM

I'm not entirely sure what it's like outside... Looks pretty windy from what I can see, but I can't hear rain (I sit underneath a skylight in work).

Dawn, that sounds frustrating! Seems like staying in may be a good call. Was that the present for your mum that hasn't arrived?

Lindsay, we don't have a bin night as such, just big communal bins for the flats, so I'm not sure what to suggest! I know that when my sister lived in Scotland their bins used to get blown down the street on a fairly regular basis...

Beckie, how was your swim? How are you doing?

Eska 28-11-2018 04:43 PM

Aubergine, that's exciting! Having applied is such a positive thing regardless of how it goes from here.

Aubergine 28-11-2018 05:02 PM

It IS exciting. I do love my job, but I've been there over five and a half years and it's time to move on. You know when you just start to get irritated with everything? It may pass, and it may just be that I'm irritable, but I think that I've been where I am a good chunk of time. It's an 18.5 hour position, so 2.5 hours more than I do at the moment, but that'd be doable. :)

How're you doing, Eska?

Cacoethes 28-11-2018 05:16 PM

Hope you manage to get an interview aubergine!
Sounds like a good opportunity

Brrrr it is cold!
Just got home.
Bus didn't turn up so I had to walk from the pool into town. Its about a 25-30 min walk so not too bad but was still annoyed!
Now snuggled up with a blanket and hot water bottle and watching Harry Potter!

Aubergine 28-11-2018 05:26 PM

It IS cold. Sorry you had to walk, Beckie. I'd have been annoyed too! How was the pool? Blanket, hot water bottle and Harry Potter sounds great! :)

Thanks. :) Even an interview would be good for the experience! I've got friends and family that live up that way too, so wouldn't be completely starting from scratch. :)

Cacoethes 28-11-2018 05:30 PM

The pool was good thanks!
Had the lane to myself most of the time

That sounds really good!

Aubergine 28-11-2018 05:43 PM

Oh that's cool! I must get back into swimming again when I'm in one piece. :wow:

"We are looking for enthusiastic, experienced pharmacy assistants who have a flexible working approach to deliver a high quality pharmacy service. You must be self-motivated, be prepared to learn new skills and problem solve, with the ability to work positively as part of a team.

You will be involved in providing the pharmacy service to wards and departments within the Trust. This will be achieved by working on a rotational basis, undertaking a range of duties within the main and satellite dispensaries, stores and distribution and on reception receiving and booking in prescriptions.

The post holder will also be required to work within ward areas to complete the topping up of stock and assist in the management of medication returns, recycling and destruction. The role involves considerable manual handling

Applicants must hold a Level 2 NVQ certificate in pharmacy skills (QCF) or equivalent (to include dispensing) and have a minimum of one years’ working experience in either a hospital or community setting.

Successful applicants will be a required to participate in extended hours working including weekends, bank holidays and late nights on a rotational basis.

Good communication skills are important as the role involves dealing with colleagues within the department, other health care professionals and visitors to the Trust. You will have good keyboard skills and varied experience of working with the public."

That's me! I could do that! :P

Cacoethes 28-11-2018 05:49 PM

You can totally do that!!

Aubergine 28-11-2018 05:58 PM

Haha thanks Beckie! :)

I am waiting for my Uncle to come for coffee. I'd rather sit here on the sofa on my own, but you know, I'm supposed to be social sometimes. Haha.

Cacoethes 28-11-2018 06:05 PM

I hope you have a nice time with your uncle!
Being social is effort though

Aubergine 28-11-2018 06:10 PM

Thanks! :) It is effort. Boo.

Any plans for the evening? Any plans for tomorrow?

Cacoethes 28-11-2018 06:17 PM

Just watching Harry Potter.
Got a ready meal for dinner tonight so I'll do that at some point!
Will be going swimming tomorrow and asda and attempting to get hold of my CC!

How about you?

Aubergine 28-11-2018 06:27 PM

Hooray for ready meals! What kind?

Swimming and Asda sound good! I hope you can get hold of your CC. :)

Tonight just Uncle, dinner and watching Bones or listening to music. Tomorrow, not much. Looking for different jobs. Bit of tidying. Should really hoover!

Cacoethes 28-11-2018 06:32 PM

Its a beef roast.
It's low calorie and rather tasty!

Thanks!

Sounds good!
I should probably do some tidying too
Ugh

nonperson 28-11-2018 06:38 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by one_step_closer (Post 4202805)
This is RYL bin night isn't it?

I forgot about our communal RYL bin night. =)

Good luck with the job application, Aubergine. That sounds really exciting!

Hello everyone.

Cacoethes 28-11-2018 06:44 PM

Yes it is bin night!

Hi np!

My last remaining intact bra has died.
Now all of them have the underwiring sticking out.
RIP

Aubergine 28-11-2018 06:46 PM

Mmm. Roast beef is delicious! :)

Tidying is rubbish. :(

Hello Person. :) How're you?

nonperson 28-11-2018 06:50 PM

I prefer roast lamb myself.

Howdy Beckie! Bra woes are the worst!

I'm alright... bit stressed with work. x.x And should have come home and exercised but decided to watch Pointless and eat crisps and cuddle the cat instead. =)

Cacoethes 28-11-2018 06:52 PM

I love roast beef
Lamb is also good though!

Yep bra woes suck
And why are they so damn expensive?!
Being a female is expensive

Sounds like a nice way to spend the evening np!
Hopefully it will take your mind off the stress

nonperson 28-11-2018 07:00 PM

It is nice but I do it far too often to be healthy. =/

Dunno what to have for dinner...

Cacoethes 28-11-2018 07:08 PM

Could be worse!!

Mine is almost done.
So hungry!

nonperson 28-11-2018 07:15 PM

I'm also hungry (despite the crisps!) and cold so I want some warming fooood.

Cacoethes 28-11-2018 07:26 PM

Have you decided what to have yet?

nonperson 28-11-2018 07:29 PM

Not really. It's either Cornish pasty, veg and gravy... or some sort of frozen battered fish/chicken, beans and chips...

Cacoethes 28-11-2018 07:41 PM

Cornish pasty sounds good
Nice winter comfort food!

Aubergine 28-11-2018 07:48 PM

Yum Cornish pasty! I want one! :P

My Uncle turned up and had lost his phone. :( Someone picked it up though, gave me a ring and he's just gone to collect is as the person who rescued it lives about a minute away. He's coming back, don't know how long he'll stay - he has a habit of not wanting to go. I love him, but I am unsociable. Hah.

nonperson 28-11-2018 07:49 PM

Yep. Love a bit of comfort gravy too.

Think I'm gonna go for that. =P

nonperson 28-11-2018 07:49 PM

Ooh that's lucky someone found it!

one_step_closer 28-11-2018 08:13 PM

You would be the best person for that job Aubergine, good luck!

I had boring chicken stir fry for dinner. But I did eat 4 cookies through the day. Oops.

I don't think I'm going to put my bin out tonight. It's just one of the recycling ones anyway.

Cacoethes 28-11-2018 08:32 PM

Lucky someone found the phone!
I dont know what id do without mine

Comfort gravy is good
Nom!

Chicken stir fry sounds yummy!

I'm gonna put mine out in a bit
Its recycling also

nonperson 28-11-2018 08:34 PM

Changed my mind and gone for the chips/beans/fish option instead as it is quicker. =P

I'm not putting my bins out tonight or tomorrow. Hardly anything in them at the moment.

And... I've been earwormed with a christmas advert, arrrrgh! It's that "walking in a winter wonderland" song... Can't stop humming it.

Aubergine 28-11-2018 08:45 PM

Phone reunited! :) Uncle has just left. It was nice to see him, but I'm peopled out now!

I am eating garlic mushrooms. :)

Thanks Lindsay! How're you doing?

That still sounds nice, Person! :D

Uh oh. Silly earworm. :(

Cacoethes 28-11-2018 09:10 PM

Mmmm garlic mushrooms!

Still sounds nice np!

I had a Christmas song in my head earlier
Ooo fun fact!
The song 'good king wenceslas' is inaccurate because he was not a king, only a prince.
Learned that in Prague :p

nonperson 28-11-2018 09:11 PM

It is far too easy to earworm me.

nonperson 28-11-2018 09:12 PM

So we'll all start singing Prince Wenceslas and hope that it'll catch on. =P

Aubergine 28-11-2018 09:12 PM

I will play Christmas songs from the 1st of December!

I just applied for another job. Medicines Management Assistant. :) This one's 22.5 hours a week, so could be pushing it, but worth an application. Both of the interview dates are on Tuesdays though, so I'm not sure how that'll go down. No numeracy and literacy test for this one though...

Cacoethes 28-11-2018 09:19 PM

Doesn't really have the same ring to it! :p

Sounds interesting aubergine!
Definitely worth a go

nonperson 28-11-2018 09:21 PM

Could you swap a shift or something, Aubergine?

Aubergine 28-11-2018 09:28 PM

Not really, with the way staffing works. There are only two part-time people. The other person can only work 3 hours in the morning because she has quite a severe physical disability and gets tired/sore if she does more than that. Everyone else already works every day. I'll have to see what I can wangle if I get an interview, which I might not!

How's your evening going?

nonperson 28-11-2018 09:33 PM

What about taking holiday for it?

My evening's going ok. I've fed myself at least. =/

Aubergine 28-11-2018 09:41 PM

Absolutely fine with taking holiday for it, so that's an option if management would clear it. I've got about 34 hours owing, so that would be OK. It's getting it granted at short notice that might be a problem, but people have to have interviews at some point, right?

chinahorse 28-11-2018 09:41 PM

Foods good. Well done on that.

Evening guys.