RYL Forums

RYL Forums (https://www.recoveryourlife.com/forum/index.php)
-   General Chat (https://www.recoveryourlife.com/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=21)
-   -   The 'I need a distraction' thread. (https://www.recoveryourlife.com/forum/showthread.php?t=243064)

Cacoethes 13-02-2023 11:52 AM

I'm waiting for cpn appointment. Then I have work.
Luckily the cmht is right next to my work!

tamobhuuta 13-02-2023 12:04 PM

I hope you get what you need insig.

I hope your appointment is helpful Cacoethes. Have fun at work!

not_so_insig 13-02-2023 12:13 PM

3 substitutions and 3 unavailable items in the end. Compared to a fortnight ago it's good. Might end up rejecting one of the substitutions depending on what it looks like.

Cacoethes 13-02-2023 12:29 PM

My appointment was ok. He's a bit weird.
But they all are tbh

not_so_insig 13-02-2023 01:51 PM

Tamobhuuta there's no Doctors on today in case you think that you have missed an episode.

long road 13-02-2023 01:51 PM

Majority of CMHT people I have met are weird in some way. Wonder if its part of the selection criteria or something they develop while working there!

I am having a rough day so far. First time in 11 days I haven't managed my new morning routine. But I did need the extra sleep. Just generally feeling rubbish physically today: muscle pain, exhausted, headache and a bit dizzy. So staying propped up in bed and not doing much.

How.is everyone else?

not_so_insig 13-02-2023 01:55 PM

I am ok except for being flat and itchy Jen. Currently I'm doing battle with an ebay seller. Despite messages he's not responding.

one_step_closer 13-02-2023 02:15 PM

Afternoon everyone.

I'm glad your appointment went well, Beckie. I hope he's helpful despite being strange. I've never had a strange CPN, strange psychiatrist yes. I hope work goes ok.

Well done, Tamo. :-D I hope your day is continuing well. Have you had your ears pierced before?

Itchy is annoying, Dawn. I hope it settles down. What's happening with eBay?

I'm sorry you're having a hard day, Jen. Do whatever safe things you need to do. You can get back into your morning routine when you're feeling better. You have achieved so much, remember that.

not_so_insig 13-02-2023 02:36 PM

Basically the seller took an week to post and the postage said over £11 special delivery. Had it and it had cost £3.35 second class. So I have been overcharged by quite a fair bit postage wise. If they had apologised for the delay and refunded me the difference then I would be happy.

long road 13-02-2023 02:42 PM

Itchyness sucks. I sometimes find using body lotion on the itchy areas helps stop the itch. Hope it settle soon.

Trying to hang onto what I have achieved and not get to downhearted. Thanks for the reminder OSC. Pain makes everything harder. Going to watch today's new episode of my show later this afternoon so looking forward to that.

Cacoethes 13-02-2023 02:46 PM

Card machines have been down all day.
Fuming

long road 13-02-2023 02:57 PM

Understandably fuming. So many people pay with card and don't even carry cash these days. And I bet a load of people kicked off about card machines being broken too. Is there a cash machine anywhere near work?

Zurg 13-02-2023 03:12 PM

I am totally out of sync with myself but just HAD to say; the duck, Jen!! omg!!! THE DUCK!!!! <3

tamobhuuta 13-02-2023 03:21 PM

I'm gutted there's no doctors on! I guess cos of half term.
This is my first time getting my ears done.

not_so_insig 13-02-2023 03:32 PM

It's scheduled to be on tomorrow tamobhuuta but it isn't on next week.

long road 13-02-2023 04:01 PM

Glad you like the Duck Zurg. I thought it was quacking!

Cacoethes 13-02-2023 04:19 PM

We're in the middle of nowhere. But if you drive it's not too far to the nearest cash point. Wouldn't walk it though

not_so_insig 13-02-2023 04:30 PM

Update: the seller has given me a refund of the excess postage. Still no communication or apology.

one_step_closer 13-02-2023 05:53 PM

I hate having to talk through problems with sellers, they can be rude or just ignore you. At least you got the postage refund, Dawn.

Did you enjoy your TV show, Jen? I also like the duck! I remember one year it was really windy and there was a giant duck rolling around main roads somewhere in Scotland.

That's so annoying, Beckie. Must make things extra hard. Didn't the same thing happen before? I hope you're not too stressed.

I hope your ears aren't too sore, Tamo, and you get some nice earrings.

long road 13-02-2023 06:19 PM

I ended up having a nap so haven't watched my TV show yet. Do feel a little better post nap may watch it now.

I like ducks, my soft toy duck Ducky is very special to me, and thought it would be nice to have one in my signature. He he he to the one blowing around Scotland

There was a giant rubber duck who floated down the Thames in 2012 they even had to open tower bridge for them!

one_step_closer 13-02-2023 06:27 PM

What is it with giant rubber ducks causing mischief!

I'm glad you feel a bit better after your nap.

tamobhuuta 13-02-2023 07:25 PM

I had my ears done, it was just like an injection really. I went for little sparkles in gold.

Cacoethes 13-02-2023 07:55 PM

The card machines were eventually fixed!
Had a wake in today. Everyone who had booked were motified about the situation anyway.
I must have had the 'no one really carries cash anymore' conversation about 200 frickin times today.

Did you get them pierced with a gun or needle?

long road 13-02-2023 09:04 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by one_step_closer (Post 4342100)
What is it with giant rubber ducks causing mischief!

I'm glad you feel a bit better after your nap.

There are also a large number of regular size rubber ducks roaming the world's oceans. A container shipment of 29,000 bath toys (mostly rubber ducks) spilled overboard en route from China to the US in 1992 and where some of the ducks have ended up been used to inform models of ocean currents. So small ones cause chaos but also help science!

I watched survivor it was a good episode but not as amazing as yesterday's which was one of the best I have ever seen

Yay ear sparkles!

Eurgh to the same conversation a zillion times. Hope they stay working the whole of your next shift.

Cacoethes 13-02-2023 09:13 PM

I hope so too!
Apparently loads of other pubs went down also.
And all the cash points in town!
Something going on!

Off to pilates now.
I'm shattered but it'll probably help me destress

long road 13-02-2023 09:48 PM

Someone's hacking the system!!!

Hope Pilates tonight is a more chill class and helps you destress. My mum uses weights and stuff in her Pilates class so I know it can get a bit more intense at times.

tamobhuuta 13-02-2023 09:50 PM

They used a gun. One of their card machines was messing up.

Cacoethes 13-02-2023 11:09 PM

It was ok.
I do reformer pilates. So the springs act as weights and the bed moves.
We did do the exercises I was hoping for to help with the foot pain so my feet are ok now!

Be extra careful cleaning them then tamo.
Guns can't be sterilised 100% as they are plastic, so higher chance of infection.
And the earrings they use to punch through are fairly blunt, so more trauma to the ear.
Plus they only get like 2 weeks training to use the guns. Which isn't great.
Just a higher chance of issues with guns.
I have a LOT of piercings so tend to be quite passionate about the guns v needles thing!
Needles also hurt a lot less

Cacoethes 14-02-2023 08:34 AM

Morning everyone

one_step_closer 14-02-2023 12:04 PM

Morning, Beckie. How are you?

Cacoethes 14-02-2023 12:09 PM

Morning!
I'm ok thanks.
You?

one_step_closer 14-02-2023 12:15 PM

I'm trying to be ok. What are you getting up to today?

I have the gym group this afternoon.

Cacoethes 14-02-2023 12:22 PM

Was gym this morning, pilates and glow beatz later.
Also need to do pharmacy, pick up contacts and top up electric with the voucher I got today. And shower tonight.
Think that's it!

Hope the gym group is ok

one_step_closer 14-02-2023 12:24 PM

And where is the rest time?! I hope you have a good day.

tamobhuuta 14-02-2023 12:26 PM

Morning guys x

one_step_closer 14-02-2023 12:27 PM

Hi, Tamo. How are you? Are you getting up to much today?

Cacoethes 14-02-2023 12:33 PM

Pilates isn't until 3:30. So I have plenty of rest time!

Morning tamo!

long road 14-02-2023 12:38 PM

Morning everyone!

I actually woke up in the morning again today. About to try getting dressed and going outside to see if I can get fully back in my routine. Still a bit rough around the edges but better than yesterday.

Hope you enjoy your gym group later OSC. What sort of exercises do you do there?

3 exercise classes in one day sounds a lot Beckie. Thanks for inadvertently reminding me about the top up voucher, mine came yesterday and we have to go to post office today anyway to post a parcel so can try and do both in one trip.

Cacoethes 14-02-2023 12:42 PM

Well done!
Glad you're a bit better.

4. I'm doing 2 pilates.
Hopefully I'll get 'my' reformer bed this time. 2 times last week someone got there before me. Fuming :plain:

Make sure you take valid ID!
I tried to use an expired provisional last time and they wouldn't accept it.

tamobhuuta 14-02-2023 01:08 PM

I'm seeing my spiritual director this afternoon :) I haven't seen her since September due to hospital and we're still getting to know each other.

Cacoethes 14-02-2023 01:15 PM

Hope it goes well!

I have just put some vegan dippers in the oven. But then threw the box into the recycling. So I've had to google the cooking instructions XD

not_so_insig 14-02-2023 03:41 PM

Hello all. I am sitting here randomly internetting as I am waiting for my cpn. Tidied up so am bored now.

tamobhuuta 14-02-2023 04:09 PM

I hope they cooked ok Cacoethes.

Have they seen you yet insig?

Cacoethes 14-02-2023 04:13 PM

Yeah they were fine!

Just seen on fb that the work card machines are down again. Fml.

long road 14-02-2023 05:06 PM

Oh no! Hopefully they sort out the problem properly this time! And before your next shift!

I spent a whole hour outside this morning/early afternoon and did a little bit of weeding. I was too tired to go to post office so I had a nap and sent my partner instead. He posted parcel and topped up with our voucher. Plus paid in a cheque for me. I am really lucky to have him.

Now I am watching a cooking completion show called the Great British Menu on BBC iPlayer

not_so_insig 14-02-2023 05:20 PM

Yes I did see my cpn. Talked a lot today.

one_step_closer 14-02-2023 05:26 PM

Well done for what you've achieved today, Jen.

We do lots of different exercises at the gym group. Recently the gym manager has been making us hard circuits. We did some things with resistance bands today and other things.

Did it go ok with your spiritual director, Tamo?

Are the vegan dippers you're using Quorn or another brand, Beckie? A wrap with Quorn nuggets and garlic and herb sauce tastes like the wraps you get in McDonalds.

I hope you got what you wanted from your appointment with your CPN, Dawn.

not_so_insig 14-02-2023 05:28 PM

Yes I did thanks. Though I forgot to give her a card for mh nurses day but fortunately I am going to the cmht on Thursday so I can give it to the receptionist.

one_step_closer 14-02-2023 06:05 PM

That's kind of you. I don't think I even saw the day publicised online this year.

tamobhuuta 14-02-2023 06:33 PM

I found my spiritual director helpful :)