RYL Forums

RYL Forums (https://www.recoveryourlife.com/forum/index.php)
-   Veterans Board (https://www.recoveryourlife.com/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=34)
-   -   Virtual Psych ward! (https://www.recoveryourlife.com/forum/showthread.php?t=1312)

ljmeep 29-12-2010 09:57 PM

ok... seriously... my leg just feel asleep :( .. I hate that tingly can't feel my leg thing...

Doikers 29-12-2010 10:00 PM

I once woke up , Kelly , and could not make my arm move , it was completly numb and floppy , It's a male thing my mother assures me it's normal . but I hate that stuff

ljmeep 29-12-2010 10:03 PM

i've had my leg and 1/2 my butt fall asleep once. got up and fell flat on my ass o.O

Doikers 29-12-2010 10:08 PM

Sorry Kelly but that mental image made me laugh :D plus I like the o.O , Heather taught me that recently

PoisonedApple 29-12-2010 10:10 PM

Quote:

*Hugs Crimson* I had my new years resolution down before Christmas .
I tend to use livestrong.com since it tells me what a good amount is to gain/maintain or lose x amt of lbs and won't let you enter a goal that is unhealthy. It also helps me keep track of exercise (and reminds me to do it) and vitamins and weight/ size and weight/size goals, if I have too much sodium, reminds me to drink water, etc etc...
my other resolutions are getting more organized (i plan to use Cozi, KithenPC and actually file in my filing cabinet rather than throwing stuff in the bottom and having to dig through it all each time), finish buying my house, actually adhering to 'flylady', and starting a yearly newsletter with pictures to send to my out of state family every new years (ish) and actually keeping up with correspondence (including cards for b-days and xmas/yule time)... that makes it look like a lot... I do have it written out for myself with baby steps though to make it less intimidating. :)

ljmeep 29-12-2010 10:11 PM

it's ok... i laugh at myself for it now too... ;)

Doikers 29-12-2010 10:18 PM

Crimson , what's flylady? . and WOWSERS you are organised I have a meal plan semi written down and a couple of mental thoughts but thats it

SparkleKitten 29-12-2010 10:20 PM

The following content has been hidden - Reason : Rage *trig*?
So I go to see my counsellor today, she helps dig up reasons behind my SI and all the depression, stemming from when I was born, piecing together memories and things that I'd intentionally forgotten, uncovered some things that scare me, and all tied together with the verbal threats of poisoning me she made last night I'm scared. I try to ignore it all by going shopping and I find the most stunning boots EVER. Purple suede boots with metal zip and studs and everything, so awesome for wearing with a black dress. So I buy them as soon as I can right, one pair left, £15 for them. So I wear them all day showing off and getting compliments from pretty much everyone I see. So I go home. I show my mum all excited and pleased that I found them. Well guess what, she goes off on one about how my sister bought me a pair for Christmas and how its really disrespectful, yes, its disrespectful to buy a one of a kind pair of boots I'll never get another chance to buy ever because its the only and last pair they'll get in stock. Yes that makes sense, you freaking tool. So I ignore it, go about my business, and lo and behold at tea time I'm being moaned at for my weight. Again. Its like clockwork. If I could bet on her arguments I'd be a millionaire I tell you. So after tea I figure because I feel crappy I'd look at funny comics on the internet. No. No thats not allowed. Any laugh or anything I get screamed at. I have to spend all day on a bowel cleanse diet of awful food and even worse laxatives. Great. And to top that off its a day stuck in the house with her ¬_¬ AGH! I just want to scream!

Doikers 29-12-2010 10:25 PM

Oh **** Sarah I'm sorry she is being such an ass , and don't get me started on Laxatives , they put me on them in psych hospital over 18 months ago and never told me how to get off them so still I'm on them :(
*Hugs YA*

PoisonedApple 29-12-2010 10:30 PM

lol it's all been thought through and written down so i won't forget or get overwhelmed... Really it's all to keep my sanity about me and get healthier (physically and mentally). or if you mean organized for my diet, that's why i use livestrong... it does it for me lol
This is a good informative site on what flylady is. It has it's own website if you'd like to check it out later (listed in the external sites). Figured a brief "definition" is better than a site with tons of info on it or my mussing it up for explaining :)

Doikers 29-12-2010 10:37 PM

ohhh but I LIVE in clutter Crimson :P lol

PoisonedApple 29-12-2010 10:40 PM

lol me too! But since FLY stands for 'finally loving yourself" and the CHAOS is contributing to my 'insanity', stress and anger issues I figured I need it.

SparkleKitten 29-12-2010 10:41 PM

Thanks Mark. My counsellor was after putting me in touch with the voulnerable adult team, but they'd speak to my parents and I have nowhere to go to stay safe. :(

Doikers 29-12-2010 10:45 PM

Could you ask them not to speak to you parents Sarah? You are an adult .
*Hugs*

Doikers 29-12-2010 10:47 PM

Night Night Ward mates
Love ya'll
*Hugs*

SparkleKitten 29-12-2010 10:52 PM

*snuggles* I might do. Loves you too, and thanks x

PoisonedApple 29-12-2010 10:59 PM

*hugs Mark and Sarah*
G'night Mark!

nicole94 29-12-2010 11:51 PM

*Hugs everyone*

MammaMia 30-12-2010 12:24 AM

Just so everyone knows, I believe it's against the rules to post lists of food on RYL :( I'll PM Mark incase he misses this.

Sorry, I know it was couple pages back but thought people should be aware before getting into trouble x

PoisonedApple 30-12-2010 12:36 AM

You're right Hels.
Quote:

Any list of food you have eaten, or are planning to eat, is NOT to be posted. This includes discussing any plans to go on a strict diet, or details of binges. This will apply to ALL forums, including the ED board, the ranting and Venting forum and RYL Journals.

The ONLY exemption to this rule is posting a meal plan set by your doctor or a qualified health professional e.g. a dietician. or posting a one-off positive announcement of foods eaten as a celebration of an important recovery-based milestone that has been achieved

I had to go search it out since it's not in the regular rules and I never visit the ED board but I found it ^