RYL Forums

RYL Forums (https://www.recoveryourlife.com/forum/index.php)
-   Veterans Board (https://www.recoveryourlife.com/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=34)
-   -   Virtual Psych ward! (https://www.recoveryourlife.com/forum/showthread.php?t=1312)

Kahlia1981 13-01-2010 01:09 PM

*cuddles tightly to Helen, Laura and Jocelyn*

I'm about to head to bed (it's just after 10pm here) but I'm worried that the pain in my ankle is going to keep me awake. :( I was sitting normally in my computer chair an hour or so ago when I turned the chair around a little and there was an audible snapping noise from the region of my achilles tendon. It hasn't snapped but there's a lot of pain and a little red mark on the back of my ankle. *sigh* I think I have way more than my fair share of defective body parts .... I think I was put together on the scrap heap leftovers.

I really hope I don't start hearing things again ...

*disappears into a dark corner with bear (my favourite teddybear) and a blanket*

MammaMia 13-01-2010 01:41 PM

Sounds like you've twisted your ankle honey or something, maybe get it checked in the morning and take two painkillers before bed?? *hugs tight* Am praying the voices leave you alone. >_>

Should I be worried that I haven't had a text back today about my best friend. I mean, there probably hasn't been any change (a good thing I think) but they could least tell me that? I'm wondering if her aunt & friend are both up there, so their phones will be off :S

Absynnthe 13-01-2010 02:08 PM

Just dropping by to let everyone know I'm still alive. :)

Although my guitarist may not be in a minute if he keeps blowing on my face.

Not feeling great, in a bad place at the moment mentally. LeSigh. That's why I'm having a hard time coming online. I've been working on memorial stuff and all sorts of crap to distract myself.

Love to everyone here.

Franz xxx

MammaMia 13-01-2010 02:59 PM

*major cuddles*

Scarletdreamer 13-01-2010 11:19 PM

Eugh, my "upset stomach" turned into some sort of stomach bug/food poisoning/reaction to stress... threw up yesterday for the first time in 17 years!! It wasn't as traumatic as I thought it'd be though (I'm an emetophobe)... but still wasn't pleasant. (D'oh!! lol...)

So I've been taking it really easy, sleeping a lot, and eating saltines and drinking nondiet ginger ale and Sprite. Woohoo. I'm feeling better today than yesterday but still don't feel the best. Am pretty anxious at the mo.

*cuddles everyone*

Wish I could make it all better for you all... :(

Kahlia1981 14-01-2010 10:13 AM

*cuddles everyone*

My ankle is still bad - I can barely put any weight through my foot. I'm going to the doctors surgery tomorrow morning to see my tdoc so I'm going to put in a request to get my ankle checked while I'm there. The foot has some weird swelling patterns on it ... It's been in a compression bandage for most of the day. Meh.

*walks around the ward offering cuddles to everyone she sees and then disappears into a dark corner*

one_step_closer 14-01-2010 11:32 AM

I feel like overdosing. I can't cope with life any more.

Scarletdreamer 14-01-2010 03:05 PM

*hugs One_step* What's up, love? care to talk about it?

*cuddles Kahlia* So sorry to hear about your ankle. It sounds very painful, but at least you're trying to take good care of it instead of mistreating it. I probably would be mistreating it, since I don't take very good care of myself. :-/ How you doing other than that? :)

*cuddles Laura* How're you doing today, sweetie?

*huggles Franz* Have missed you over the past days... isn't it best to come on when you're in a bad place mentally so you can get support? Feel free to PM me... *more huggles*

*hugs Helen* How're you doing, love? and how's your friend? have you heard anything more?

I'm doing much better... although now my husband has the bug and threw up this morning. Ugh. Very unpleasant. :( I hate being sick and all of that... but at least it's passing. Uni starts on Tuesday and I've still not got my books!! so I'd best get cracking on that... I hate being unprepared but I've been sick since we got back (well, since Tuesday morning) and haven't had any time to go and get books. Boo hiss. :(

We watched the 2nd episode of Bones (season one) this morning... we watched scattered episodes whilst at Vince's house but not in order, so we decided to start at the beginning and watch through all five seasons. :D I'm excited about that. I love that show... hehe. Although this one made me almost tear up... :o

I'm in a "meh" place mentally... I dunno why, it's just kind of rough. I don't see my NP until the 26th and I don't know if I have enough meds to last until then... I see my therapist on Monday and I am worried about that. I don't know. Just all kind of messed up. :(

*needs hugs*

MammaMia 14-01-2010 05:10 PM

My best friend is doing really well. Not emotionally, but physically she's doing well :) She was awake some more yesterday and left intensive care last night. She's still in hospital at the moment, but suprising me and doing really well. We've been talking a little bit :)

One_step_closer, forgot your name but don't OD :(

Kahlia, glad you're getting your ankle checked, doesn't sound good at all.

Laura, how you doing love??

April, biiiig hugs.

SoMuchMore 14-01-2010 06:01 PM

*hugs kahlia* Ouch, your ankle sounds painful. Sounds like a good idea to get it checked.

*cuddles one_step_closer* Please try not to OD... Stay strong hun.

*hugs april* I love Bones too! Although i cant say ive ever watched the episodes in order lol. Glad to hear you are feeling a bit better. Hope things go okay with your therapist, just try to be open with them...

*hugs helen* I'm glad that your friend is doing better!

I am not doing great. I pretty much snapped at one of my friends last night when she was talking about how she doesnt like to make phone calls... I have social anxiety disorder... and normally i dont like people to know that i have a hard time... but she was complaining and complaining and i was having a hard time anyway, and i went off on how i depersonalize just walking down the street thinking that everyone is staring and when i have to talk infront of more than just a few friends i rarely remember what i said b/c i get so anxious.... she was like.. "oh come on... how traumatizing can that really be?"... idk it irked me quite a bit. She didnt really seem mad or anything... just unbelieving...and when we went back to the original topic of phone calls she was like, "well i guess some people just have issues"

Sorry this is a long and boring story.. Im upset over nothing.. as usual..

Scarletdreamer 14-01-2010 06:11 PM

So glad that your friend is doing better, Helen... I can imagine that she would still be in a rough place emotionally, though, wow. But it's awesome that she's out of the ICU right now. Awesome. :D But how are YOU doing?? *cuddles*

Apparently my cat took away my contact lense case and one of its caps so I only have one cap left... going to have to find that before tonight comes and I want to put my contacts away. :( My tummy still isn't too happy with me so a lot of bending over etc. doesn't make it feel too good. Stupid body, how I hate you!! :( Well, I suppose I should blame more the GI bug, right? heh. :-/

I've been so ****ing anxious lately... I take 4mg Klonopin and I really don't want to bump it up to 5mg, especially as I'm not sure I have enough to last me until my next NP appt, but I hate the anxiety!! It is so crippling. :( Can any of you guys understand? It's like someone or something is in my chest, crushing my lungs and throat and making it really difficult to breathe and talk. Jarrod (husband) had to talk me through deep breathing over and over and over again last night... poor him, heh, I think he got annoyed with me as I kept hyperventilating!!

*cuddles everyone* ♥

MammaMia 14-01-2010 06:11 PM

It's understandable you're upset Laura *cuddles tight* That would irk me too.

MammaMia 14-01-2010 06:12 PM

April, you're very right about my best friend :) Hope you find your cap thing and soon :) *cuddles*

Scarletdreamer 14-01-2010 06:13 PM

Aw Laura, that's not upset over nothing. Your friend didn't seem to be very understanding or kind... and that's not really how a friend should act. You're not being stupid or anything... I'd be upset, too, as it's difficult for me to call places. In fact, my NP gave me the number of her new office last week and I just called yesterday to set up an appt... and as I said in another post, the appt's on the 26th and I'm not sure that I have enough meds to last me until then!! So yeah... :-/ Social anxiety can be annoying & traumatic. But you're not alone. *huggles*

SoMuchMore 14-01-2010 06:21 PM

*cuddles helen*

*hugs april* yea, i know im not alone... it still sucks though. If you think you are running out of meds can you call and ask if there is anything they can do to get you a refill before the 26th? (i know.. after all this about anxiety my suggestion is to call.. haha.. ironic)

Scarletdreamer 14-01-2010 06:23 PM

Lol. I could always text my NP to see if she'd call in a refill of Klonopin for me... she's done that before. Texting is so much easier than calling!!

*huggles*

MammaMia 14-01-2010 06:35 PM

I love texting. HATE calling. The only two people I'm happy to call are my best friends lol. Oh and maybe couple of other friends. But yes, not a fan of calling :/

SoMuchMore 14-01-2010 06:47 PM

I always always text too if i have the option... i pretty much only call my family and my boyfriend.. everyone else i try to text first and only call if its an emergency lol.

*declares a denial section of the ward where everything can be done via text, including setting up appointments/making reservations*

Scarletdreamer 14-01-2010 06:54 PM

*goes into Laura's denial section of the ward* :D Great idea, love. Hehe. I wish I could make appts by texting; that would be too awesome for words. But sadly I can't. Boo hiss. But - here I can!! :D

I don't mind calling a few people on my contacts list. But only a few, and usually I text prior to calling to make sure I'm not interrupting them. >_<

Grrrrr. I want to eat real food but I don't want to make myself sick. My mum is going to Walmart for us to pick up some jello and applesauce... so at least that will be a little better than just crackers. Lol.

*cuddles everyone*

MammaMia 14-01-2010 06:56 PM

We do have a denial tent in here too =)

hehehehe