RYL Forums

RYL Forums (https://www.recoveryourlife.com/forum/index.php)
-   General Chat (https://www.recoveryourlife.com/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=21)
-   -   The 'I need a distraction' thread. (https://www.recoveryourlife.com/forum/showthread.php?t=243064)

Cacoethes 18-11-2022 11:08 AM

Hey zurg!

He sounds like a right troublemaker!

Merry and Pippin have (so far!) Been very well behaved.
Though there is hay EVERYWHERE! Even upstairs!

I have work today. Booo!

tamobhuuta 18-11-2022 11:21 AM

Morning guys.

Cacoethes 18-11-2022 11:22 AM

Hey tamo!

Zurg 18-11-2022 11:33 AM

Hi Tamo. How are you today?? :)

Beckie, it has always amazed me how hay and fur can spread to the most improbable places. Findus is shedding because he's getting his winter fur and tiny balls of fur keep showing up in random places even though i brush him o_o
We had a dog when i was a teenager and several years after he was put to sleep, his fur magically still turned up everywhere. Even in the kitchen cupboards… it's really mind baffling and a bit awesome at the same time XD

one_step_closer 18-11-2022 04:40 PM

Same with cat hair. It was always in my car when they hadn't been in my car but it's always on my clothes so it spreads everywhere. I can't get it all off the sides of my couch and when professionals come over they undoubtably leave with hair on their trousers.

tamobhuuta 18-11-2022 05:24 PM

Z used to leave dark hairs on light clothes and white hairs on dark. More impressively, M was entirely black but could shed white hair EVERYWHERE.

one_step_closer 18-11-2022 05:53 PM

Weird. :laugh:

nonperson 18-11-2022 07:30 PM

That is weird. How can a black cat shed white hair?! I'm lucky that Geordi isn't too hairy. It's my friend's dog's hair that I find everywhere.

How's everyone this evening?

Cacoethes 18-11-2022 07:30 PM

I was brushing my daughters pony once (white) and she has cushings. So her hair was coming off in clumps! Had enough hair for a whole new pony by the end! Was finding it for ages!

Ninja post np!
I'm ok! Just back from work and asda

Zurg 18-11-2022 07:34 PM

Maybe he was an impostor, NP??? A spy in disguise. Cats are very cunning and i'd totally expect no less of them!!! ;)

I'm okay. A bit tired. Pondering what to do with my evening. There's nothing on tv. But then again, there rarely ever is. Might take a look on Disney+…
How are you???

nonperson 18-11-2022 07:49 PM

There's always something to watch on Disney+.

How was work, Beckie?

I'm tired, had a busy peopley sort of day.

Zurg 18-11-2022 08:05 PM

Ew, people :(

nonperson 18-11-2022 08:11 PM

A bit ew, but actually they were nice people and I enjoyed talking to them. It's still exhausting though.

Cacoethes 18-11-2022 08:16 PM

Disney+ is always a good shout!

Work was really busy!
So I've also had a peopley sort of day!
Well, tbh most of my work days are peopley....but today was especially peopley!
Someone told me I had a nice bum...so...thanks I guess?? Gotta love drunk people!

nonperson 18-11-2022 08:29 PM

I was going to say that your job is peopley all the time! Dunno how you do it.

Hm, I don't know if that's really a compliment or just inappropriate...

Cacoethes 18-11-2022 08:55 PM

It's mostly just acting tbh! And laughing at (usually older) men who think they're hilarious.
One of the regulars likes to talk to me about football. I know nothing about football....

I think it's both lol
I don't mind too much! I'm not at all easily offended and can laugh most things off!

nonperson 18-11-2022 09:20 PM

Yeah, I get the acting thing. Mostly dealing with the public for me is just telling them what they want to hear.

That's good you don't take them too seriously

Cacoethes 18-11-2022 09:25 PM

Yep that's basically it!

Oddly, I've always considered myself an introvert until I started working at the pub. Turns out I'm not an introvert! I was just too lazy to leave the house and see people XD

Yeah you can't really take anyone too seriously when you work in a pub. Drunk people can be very silly!

Cacoethes 19-11-2022 09:17 AM

Morning everyone!

nonperson 19-11-2022 10:10 AM

Morning. How're you, Beckie?

How's everyone else today?

Cacoethes 19-11-2022 10:21 AM

Morning!
I'm ok thanks. Just about to head off for taekwondo.

How are you?

nonperson 19-11-2022 10:24 AM

I'm tired but have managed to book a flu jab for later today so that's a small achievement.

tamobhuuta 19-11-2022 11:53 AM

Morning. I'm waiting for my mum to visit and listening to music.

Cacoethes 19-11-2022 11:55 AM

Well done np!
Hope it goes ok

one_step_closer 19-11-2022 01:48 PM

Hi everyone.

Do you not get the next covid jab with the flu jab, NP? Well done for booking it.

How was taekwondo, Beckie? (Every time I try to spell taekwondo it gets a red squiggly line under it. I can't think of another way to spell it.)

I hope you enjoy/enjoyed your visit, Tamo.

one_step_closer 19-11-2022 01:55 PM

I'm all on my lonesome on RYL again. Except for the guests of course.

nonperson 19-11-2022 01:59 PM

I'm here!

I've been busy cleaning the bathroom. Yuck.

And no, my covid and flu jabs weren't offered together for some reason. I wouldn't be able to have both at the same time anyway... =/ And I've had to book my flu jab at Boots as my GP is ridiculous and don't know when their next flu jab clinic is!

How're you today, Lindsay?

Cacoethes 19-11-2022 02:21 PM

Taekwondo was good thanks!
I think the legit spelling is Taekwon-Do so that might be why!

I don't think I've ever had a flu jab!

I need to do a spot clean of the furry potatoes today! Trying to think of the best way to do it.
Don't know whether to just let them loose in the living room or put them in the carrier for 5 mins.
I just need to change the hay and do a little hoover. They'd probably be fine if I did it around them but I'm worried about stressing them out!

nonperson 19-11-2022 02:48 PM

They might run away and hide if they're let loose. I'd put them in the carrier so you know where they are. We had many a lost pig in the house, haha.

Cacoethes 19-11-2022 02:55 PM

Yeah that's true. Pippin would probably be ok but Merry is still a bit nervous so carrier is probably safer!
It's only gonna be a quick clean anyway.
Haha! Don't want any lost pigs!

not_so_insig 19-11-2022 03:38 PM

Afternoon all. I have a load of Wallace and Gromit stamps come through the post today. Along with some postcards. I posted a Christmas card yesterday. It's going to the USA and with the strikes and post to the USA being slower than what it used to be I thought I would be proactive and post it early.

not_so_insig 19-11-2022 03:41 PM

If anyone on this thread would like a Christmas card then shoot me a pm with your address. I cant guarantee that the card won't have cats on or a Wallace and Gromit stamp on though.

Cacoethes 19-11-2022 03:42 PM

Cleaning out took a lot longer than expected!
I know they poo a lot but jeez!!! Every time i thought I'd got it all, I'd find another patch!
But they are happily munching on some fresh hay now!

We were quoting wallace and gromit at work the other day!

nonperson 19-11-2022 05:23 PM

I do Wallace's cheese hands quite often, lol

https://media2.giphy.com/media/z7WDg...&rid=giphy.gif

nonperson 19-11-2022 05:23 PM

Oh why won't that post properly... grr.

one_step_closer 19-11-2022 06:03 PM

I cleaned my bathroom today too, NP. I can never get the shower floor properly clean no matter what I clean it with. Do you do Wallace's cheese hands only when there's cheese or for other things?

I've never had a flu jab either Beckie, I think it's just for people with chronic physical health problems and older people and medical people maybe? Do the fluffies just poo wherever? Mmm, hay. Tasty.

I'd love a card from you Dawn, and to send one back to you if that's ok? Do you still have my address? I don't have exciting stamps or cat themed cards though.

Cacoethes 19-11-2022 06:21 PM

Haha! Love the cheese hands!

I was offered a flu jab when i was pregnant but i didn't have it. I don't think I've ever had proper flu though! My immune system is pretty solid.

Yep, poo all over the place! It was more concentrated in some areas though

one_step_closer 19-11-2022 06:26 PM

What about peeing? Why the toilet habits of guinea pigs is important for me to know, I have no idea!

Cacoethes 19-11-2022 06:48 PM

Haha!
Because the fleece is black, I can't see the pee!
Some of the hay was wet though obviously! And I've put an extra pad in the most 'high traffic' area!

Zurg 19-11-2022 07:22 PM

Ew pee!!! Gross!! Bunny pee smells vague and disgusting at the same time. Piggie pee smelled more like actual pee, as far as i remember.
I'm in a bunny group on Facebook where a trend has set off with counting the amounts of poops a bunny makes in 24 hours XD it's hilarious!!!! SO MUCH POOP!!!!!

Sorry, strange things often fascinate me!!!

Cacoethes 19-11-2022 07:50 PM

I can't smell any pee currently!
I can just smell hay!
Haha! I couldn't count how much poop these two furry potatoes produce!

nonperson 19-11-2022 08:07 PM

Flu jab all done. Note to self: do NOT go to the retail park again until after Christmas.

Yeah I have the flu jab every year. I had proper flu once. Do not recommend.

Cheese hands can be for anything, Lindsay =P

There are bits of my bathroom I can't get clean either... =/

At least the pig poops are nice and neat and easy to clean up. But why don't they save it all up and poop just once or twice a day?

not_so_insig 19-11-2022 08:16 PM

I get a flu jab every year.

Lindsay I will happily send you a card. Send me your address via pm as I think I have it but I will double check I have the right one. Don't worry about the card just as long as it's not offensive I don't care what's on it.

nonperson 19-11-2022 08:19 PM

Sontar-ha!

Cacoethes 19-11-2022 08:23 PM

Flu does sound horrible tbh!
Lots of people at work are currently ill! Not flu though! Just colds!
Hope i don't get it. I don't get ill very often!

Sontar-ha!
On peter capaldi and Bill now!

nonperson 19-11-2022 08:27 PM

I think I need to watch all the series again. So many to get through though!

I accidentally discovered a spoiler for the next series while googling stuff earlier =o Have you watched the very latest episode yet?

Cacoethes 19-11-2022 08:31 PM

Yep there are lots!

Oh nooo!
Yes i have watched it! Well, half watched it because my concentration is awful XD

nonperson 19-11-2022 08:37 PM

Haha, well maybe you missed the big spoiler then =o

Cacoethes 19-11-2022 08:45 PM

When i get to that episode it will be like watching it for the first time!
I always miss the crucial bits! I zone back in just after something big has happened and then am clueless!

nonperson 19-11-2022 08:51 PM

I miss stuff all the time too. Can't just sit there and focus and watch something without being on my phone =/

I'm on series 13 now so I'll be watching the last one soon. Thought I'd already started this series but turns out I spent last weekend watching series 12 instead!

Time for Strictly now though!