RYL Forums

RYL Forums (https://www.recoveryourlife.com/forum/index.php)
-   General Chat (https://www.recoveryourlife.com/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=21)
-   -   The 'I need a distraction' thread. (https://www.recoveryourlife.com/forum/showthread.php?t=243064)

not_so_insig 23-01-2023 08:30 PM

Jen my coffee I made myself. I have a coffee pod machine.

I also managed to get the super glue off my finger and the majority off my thumb.

long road 23-01-2023 08:52 PM

It is chill Beckie, just trying to get my mind to chill as well. What you up to this evening?

That's fancy Dawn!. Those machines do loo cool for all the flavoured coffees especially. I have an Aeropress so generally just make an americano (using ground coffee) with that and add milk.

But sometimes I cannot be bothered so just have instant. Instant is not a patch on the real stuff though. Imagine a pod machine gives you real coffee and convenience at the same time!

Huzzah for being rid of most of the superglue!

not_so_insig 23-01-2023 08:59 PM

Yes it is a great thing. I struggle with a kettle sometimes so with a coffee machine you just put the pod in and press a button. I find it easier.

I just did the washing up and the water loosened the super glue. It wasn't incredibly hot so it weren't the heat of the water. I have a yoghurt pot and a spoon to wash so I am hoping that the water will get rid of the rest of the super glue. I used my new pan today whilst cooking the tea.

Cacoethes 23-01-2023 09:15 PM

I am also being chill
Although tbh, walking dead isn't that chill

I have 3 in 1 coffee sachets
I like them better than instant

not_so_insig 23-01-2023 09:20 PM

I did the rest of my dishes and the water got rid of the rest of the glue. So apart from slightly dry skin where the glue was I am ok now. But I will use some handcream.

long road 23-01-2023 09:34 PM

It's always good to make life easier where you can

Glad you 100% super glue free now.

I read a load of the walking dead graphic novels but I gave up buying them after a while as the series went on forever and it got a bit too expensive. But because I had read the graphic novels when TV series came out and the plot was so similar I found I couldn't get into as the suspense wasn't there. I did have a phase a few years back where I was really into Zombie films and I did find it relaxing. So I don't think watching walking dead to chill is odd

I use to have the 3 in 1 sachets when camping, stopped me having to have uht milk. I think they dissolve better as the coffee is spray dried rather than freeze dried.

I bought my Aeropress during lockdowns when I was missing going to coffee shops. It's pretty close to a proper espresso made coffee and clean up is a lot easier than a French press.

Cacoethes 23-01-2023 09:47 PM

I used to be absolutely terrified at the thought of zombies for years. Until very recently when things stopped scaring me randomly!

I love the caramel ones!

I wish i had a coffee machine! They are expensive though. And then buying the pods is expensive.
Also my kitchen is pretty small!

long road 23-01-2023 11:53 PM

Guess it's good not to be scared. Still odd to change suddenly, brains are weird though.

Caramel latte was my go to before I had to cut down on sugar for health reasons. Nowadays I have discovered as long as the coffee is good enough I can avoid any kind of sweetener. Good coffee is naturally sweet.

Those coffee machines do take up a LOT of counter space.

Cacoethes 24-01-2023 08:26 AM

I had a complete personality change at some point last year. So it may have been included in that!
Very odd

Could you not have the sugar free syrup? I think most coffee places have them now

Morning everyone

Zurg 24-01-2023 10:43 AM

Morning Beckie.

Sooo much happened on this thread after i disappeared. Sorry, had a bad day.

Findus is having one of his Wild days. He managed to jumping to the 2nd shelves of my book shelves. Started devouring books, wires, whatever he could reach. Then knocked off all the fancy things while jumping down when i told him off. Another of my cow parade cows is now horn-less. Damn bun!!! >:(
Good thing he is so cute!!! Otherwise i might be tempted to put him in time out on the balcony….

tamobhuuta 24-01-2023 11:11 AM

What a naughty bun!

Cacoethes 24-01-2023 11:37 AM

Naughty bun!

I think pippin would get up to mischief if I let them free roam!

one_step_closer 24-01-2023 11:54 AM

Morning everyone.

I hope you're ok after your bad day, Kat. Findus sounds like he's being really naughty today. Poor broken cow, can you glue its horn back on?

Crookshanks hasn't been really naughty for a while. I shouldn't have said that! I think I have cat proofed enough and he's getting too old for teenage destruction.

Cacoethes 24-01-2023 12:01 PM

You've jinxed it now lindsay XD

Pippin often climbs on one of the houses and sniffs around, looking for an escape route. And they both turf all the things they don't want to eat out of their bowls.

one_step_closer 24-01-2023 12:03 PM

They sound like cute fluffy thugs! :laugh:

Zurg 24-01-2023 12:09 PM

I Think most bunnies are beyond reach. They seem to be hell bent on destruction and chaos XD

Beckie, i Think if i had let my Guinea pigs free roam when i had them, they would have sat permanently in front of the frigde saying their high pitched begging noises, lol :D

I imagine cats to be even worse sometimes, Lindsay. A bunny is just a chaos creator without any set agenda whereas a cat seems much more prone to plots like the evil geniouses they truly are…!!!

Cacoethes 24-01-2023 12:14 PM

They are XD

There's a whole group on fb called 'bunnies are arseholes'. My nail lady has outdoor bunnies and they're always up to no good apparently!

Yeah tbh they probably would just set up near the fridge!

one_step_closer 24-01-2023 12:17 PM

The cat group I'm a member of on FB are always sharing their cats being terrible and they call them lots of horrible names too. I only tell Crookshanks he's really annoying sometimes.

Cacoethes 24-01-2023 12:29 PM

I call my boys chonkers sometimes but that's as bad as it gets.
I have referred to them as 'little shits' and 'dumbass' before but not to their faces.
My best friend's cat now responds to 'd*ckhead' because he gets called it so much XD

tamobhuuta 24-01-2023 01:46 PM

My sister's cat was a right boggit. But our cat before that was actually pretty well behaved. She preferred bringing in dead things.

I'm being discharged tomorrow!

Cacoethes 24-01-2023 01:55 PM

I've only ever had outdoor cats. They lived in the barn. Used to find many disembowelled creatures when doing a clean out!

Woohoo!

tamobhuuta 24-01-2023 03:05 PM

With the cats gone I don't miss the dead animals.

Just had a chat with a med student, realised how much of my life I don't remember!

Cacoethes 24-01-2023 03:24 PM

I don't remember a lot of mine either
But I do remember very specific details about random things that don't actually matter. I just can't remember recent, important things. Annoying

tamobhuuta 24-01-2023 03:44 PM

He was pleased I knew where I was and vaguely what time it was.

Cacoethes 24-01-2023 03:55 PM

That's good.
I never really know what day it is.
Oddly, I know what I'm meant to be doing from day to day, but i can't remember what day it actually is.

tamobhuuta 24-01-2023 04:18 PM

I've found being IP it helps to know what day it is!

one_step_closer 24-01-2023 06:10 PM

I hope you have the support you need at home, Tamo and can get on with your life and enjoy things too :-)

I usually know what day it is if I have something on that happens on a certain day but after that days feel like different days to what they actually are.

Zurg 24-01-2023 06:15 PM

I often get confused about the days too. Some days i become really happy because it's friday and weekend awaits. Only to realise that it is, in fact, tuesday and the weekend has just been and i just can't remember it. Bummer!!!!

But congrats on going home, Tamo :D
I hope you feel okay with it and that your family Will spoil you rotten!!! :)

one_step_closer 24-01-2023 06:23 PM

How is your day going, Kat? Is Findus behaving now?

long road 24-01-2023 06:55 PM

Findus sounds like a very mischievous bunny Zurg! Bet they are very cute though. I have never owned a bunny but my partner's childhood bunny Goldie could chew through chain link fence and escape! So I agree all Bunnies appear hellbent on destruction!

Hope discharge goes smoothly Tamo and you can be safe and supported at home. Bet it will be nice to sleep in your own bed.

I have had a slow start to the day but got some good news that I am at top of neurophysio waiting list and have managed to do a load of tidying

Cacoethes 24-01-2023 07:20 PM

My bun used to burrow into the neighbour's garden when we lived in london! And hide behind the shed when it was time to go into his hutch at night!

That's good news!

tamobhuuta 24-01-2023 08:19 PM

Great news long road!

Thanks for the good wishes everyone.

tamobhuuta 24-01-2023 09:28 PM

Queueing for meds...

Cacoethes 25-01-2023 08:26 AM

Morning everyone!

Cacoethes 25-01-2023 09:34 AM

Ok so the paths don't look slippery at all, but it's basically an ice rink out here!
Must be a very thin layer of ice

Zurg 25-01-2023 09:51 AM

Morning Beckie. Better wear the spiked boots today then!!!! I suck at walking on slippery roads. I portray a degree of panic and clumsiness that the world has not ever borne witness to before XD

Here it's just cold. Getting on the bike soon for my final psychologist appointment at the mental hospital. Feels a bit odd.
Bun-bun is definetely on the naughty spectrum today…

Cacoethes 25-01-2023 11:06 AM

Haha!
Honestly the moment i stepped out of my front door i was sliding everywhere!
I am in the big town now for hosp appointment and the paths seem ok here!

I hope it goes ok!

tamobhuuta 25-01-2023 11:34 AM

I hope your final appointment goes well Zurg.
Same with your appointment Cacoethes.
X

Cacoethes 25-01-2023 11:47 AM

Thank you!

I've never seen cardiology so busy!
I think I'm the youngest one here by about 50 years XD

one_step_closer 25-01-2023 03:23 PM

Hi everyone.

It's a nice day here, no ice just a bit of wind and some sunshine. :-)

Be careful of the ice, Beckie. I hope it has melted by the time you get home. I hope your appointment goes well.

I hope you get on ok too, Kat. I hope it's not too difficult having your last appointment. What is Findus up to today?!

What are you getting up to, Tamo. I hope you're starting to settle in at home.

tamobhuuta 25-01-2023 03:29 PM

Still in hospital sadly, L is picking me up at 5. Need to finish packing but it's mostly done.

How are you osc?

Zurg 25-01-2023 05:10 PM

Lindsay, Findus squeezed himself underneath a shelf so he could dig out an extension cord i use for my laptop. And he looked very much like he intended to chew it too. Possible disaster was averted!!!! He was told off, acted very ashamed and ended up getting distracted with treats. I love that tiny fluffball!!!! He is so naughty but also oh-so adorable ;)
The last appointment went okay. It's the first time i've walked out of a final appointment without being worried sick about the future. It's been quite a ride but it's taught me a lot of things :)

I'm heating the oven for my frozen pizza. I detest frozen pizza but i panicked at the shop and my brain shut down. But hey, it has 3 or 4 types of cheese on top so surely it can't be downright awful…. I hope!!!

one_step_closer 25-01-2023 05:54 PM

Oh, I thought you were home, Tamo. I hate waiting to go home on the day, everything just seems to take forever like getting meds sorted. I hope you're home soon and can start to settle in.

I'm glad I don't have a rabbit! I'm glad you managed to save the cord from chewing. It's a good thing that he's cute then!

I'm glad your last appointment went well. I hope the things you learned will help you now and in the future.

Lots of cheese pizza is good. I prefer chilled pizza to frozen pizza. Just watch it doesn't burn.

I'm marvelling that it's been kind of lighter for longer today and these past few days.

Cacoethes 25-01-2023 07:23 PM

My hive app has gone rogue so i actually have to get up to turn the heating on. Ugh.

Zurg 25-01-2023 07:38 PM

Outrageous Beckie!!! Let's gather an angry mob armed with torches and triforks to rectify this!!!! >:)
Yes, i am a wee bit bored….

Cacoethes 25-01-2023 07:44 PM

FIXED IT!!!
I don't know how but i have.
After literally hours of trying to sort it!
Phew!

Been up to much today?
I've had a lazy day. All I've done is hospital and asda! Well, i do need to put washing away also.
Also more of my tooth chipped off while eating skittles

long road 25-01-2023 08:19 PM

Evening all! Hope everyone's appointments went ok.

I have not been doing much today but I am about to go play the first session of a pathfinder campaign where we are circus performers who somehow have to save the world from something. I am playing a bard.

I am also nervous as I have my last review appointment with my psychologist tomorrow. I have taken a lot from it and first 7 weeks post therapy went pretty well but most recent weeks 8 through 11 not great.

Can you see a dentist Beckie? I know dentists can be expensive but sounds like it could do with looking at.

Cacoethes 25-01-2023 08:27 PM

That sounds cool!
Hope you enjoy it!

I've been needing that tooth out for MONTHS. Because i had/have a gum infection (lump.on gum) that won't go away even with antibiotics.
They said i have to book an emergency appointment for this. So call at 8am and have a same day appointment, like with a gp. My dentist is about an hour away on buses. And the buses are really irregular and unreliable now so it's just a whole thing. Plus the expense! I can literally barely afford food.
I don't ever have whole days to set aside for the chance of getting an appointment. Which is also why i haven't seen my gp about various things XD

long road 26-01-2023 01:07 AM

I enjoyed it muchly.

That sounds very tricky situation Beckie. Could you try booking a routine appointment with GP? My surgery lets you ask for one in a few weeks for routine things and that way you could plan. As for tooth could you also try for a routine? It might need taking out urgently but it saves trying the ring up on the day malarkey and probably gets it done quicker, as for the cost is there any way you could borrow some money from your mum? Know it's not ideal to ask though . Also it might be cheaper for a non emergency appointment for tooth.

Cacoethes 26-01-2023 08:38 AM

I think my surgery probably would do that.
The dentist won't though. I was told i needed the tooth out last year, i was shocked so i said I'd think about it instead of booking an appointment. I later tried to make an appointment and they said i had to book an emergency appointment on the day. I explained about the buses. They still said i need to have an emergency appointment. Which makes no sense.

Morning everyone