RYL Forums

RYL Forums (https://www.recoveryourlife.com/forum/index.php)
-   General Chat (https://www.recoveryourlife.com/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=21)
-   -   The 'I need a distraction' thread. (https://www.recoveryourlife.com/forum/showthread.php?t=243064)

Cacoethes 16-11-2022 03:58 PM

Yes!
I'm honestly so in love with them!
They have just come out of hiding and are exploring!

one_step_closer 16-11-2022 05:45 PM

They have a lot to explore with the wonderful 'cage?' you set up for them. Any luck on names yet?

Cacoethes 16-11-2022 05:51 PM

I think they are enjoying the cage!
They've been chasing each other around.
Fairly sure it's going to be Merry and Pippin!

one_step_closer 16-11-2022 05:56 PM

They're probably so interesting to watch. I expect lots of pictures of their antics on fb!

Cacoethes 16-11-2022 06:40 PM

They are!
They're chilling now. One in a little house and the other one has spread himself out lying down! Like a little pancake! He's definitely the more confident of the two. And keeps trying to establish dominance over the other. Not fighting though!

I'm sure I'll be posting so many photos that everyone will get sick of it very soon! XD

nonperson 16-11-2022 06:55 PM

Excellent name choice, Beckie. =)

I named one of my cats Pippin too =P

Cacoethes 16-11-2022 07:07 PM

Pippin is a great name!
Also the name of the dog in Come Outside!
Loved that show when i was a kid.
Though it probably wouldn't be a thing today. A woman taking her private plane to random places for literally no reason....can you imagine the outrage on social media??

nonperson 16-11-2022 07:11 PM

I have never heard of that show o.O Must be nice to have a private plane but yeah, there would definitely be outrage nowadays!

Can you post some pig pics please? =)

Cacoethes 16-11-2022 08:06 PM

It was a kids show in the early 90's!
This woman had a dog (pippin) and she took him in her private plane (like a single person plane) to visit factories and educate kids on how things are made and stuff! The plane had multi coloured polka dots on it!

I will try!
I'm not good at posting pics on here. Was so much easier when ryl was on tapatalk!

Merry has claimed one of the hides as his own and won't let poor pippin near it!

Pi.R^2 16-11-2022 08:08 PM

I always assumed tapatalk was something Lio made up...

Also I can reprise my role as jpg distributor if you wish? I did already go stalking for a jpg.

Elmer 16-11-2022 08:25 PM

That’s correct, made up an entire app for shiggles

Did I even know you when RYL was on tapatalk??

Cacoethes 16-11-2022 08:28 PM

LOOOOL! XD
Unless tapatalk was some sort of shared hallucination....

yes please jenna!

Pi.R^2 16-11-2022 08:32 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Elmer (Post 4336883)

That’s correct, made up an entire app for shiggles

Did I even know you when RYL was on tapatalk??

Yeah, you used to often have an iPad/tablet at meets and one time you were RYLing on tapatalk and took a break to show me Magical Trevor

Elmer 16-11-2022 08:43 PM

I see

(Zero recollection of any of this)

nonperson 16-11-2022 09:38 PM

What even is tapatalk?? I feel like I don't know many things tonight.

But... cute piggy pic! Love their home and all their stuff. =o

Cacoethes 16-11-2022 09:54 PM

Everyone Loves Magical Trevor!!!

Cacoethes 16-11-2022 09:55 PM

Stupid ryl stealing my caps

Elmer 16-11-2022 10:11 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by nonperson (Post 4336889)
What even is tapatalk?? I feel like I don't know many things tonight.

It was a mobile app for forums that got popular when everyone started getting smartphones and forums were (still are in RYL’s case :whistling:) a bit clunky and hard to use on a phone. I think RYL used it for like a month or two(??) before they decided it was too expensive/buggy, or maybe that it wasn’t very secure? Can’t remember.

Elmer 16-11-2022 10:12 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Cacoethes (Post 4336891)
Everyone Loves Magical Trevor!!!

Very much so.

Elmer 16-11-2022 10:15 PM

Triple post

it was a security breach and Beckie was very sad

I didn’t realise you’d had this username for so long Beckie!

Cacoethes 16-11-2022 10:42 PM

I vaguely remember posting that!
And also.....who tf is James?! I don't remember a james?! 0_o
I cannot believe I've had this username all this time!
I swear i only changed it like, 2 years ago!
Crazy

Cacoethes 17-11-2022 08:25 AM

Morning everyone!

tamobhuuta 17-11-2022 12:07 PM

Morning Cacoethes, how are you?

not_so_insig 17-11-2022 12:17 PM

Morning all. I am waiting for my parcel.

Cacoethes 17-11-2022 12:18 PM

Morning!
I'm ok thanks!

How are you?

one_step_closer 17-11-2022 12:27 PM

Morning everyone.

How are you all and what are you getting up to today?

When's your parcel coming, Dawn?

not_so_insig 17-11-2022 12:30 PM

Between 11.50 and 12.50 Lindsay.

If anyone hasn't heard or isn't friends with me on Facebook then the TV show Neighbours is coming back next year!

one_step_closer 17-11-2022 12:33 PM

Hopefully not too long for you to wait then.

I can tell you are very excited about Neighbours coming back! Everyone would need to sign up to Amazon Prime though or something.

not_so_insig 17-11-2022 12:35 PM

Yes it's only going to be available on amazon. But I have prime already so it's not a problem for me.

Cacoethes 17-11-2022 12:37 PM

I'm not up to much today! Had double pilates this morning and then asda. And had a hot chocolate!
Taekwondo later. I have amazon coming at some point too.

How about you?

Weather is grim today!
Been raining since yesterday!
Put the heating on. Mainly for the piggies benefit!

not_so_insig 17-11-2022 12:41 PM

It's miserable here too. Wet and windy. My hair got damp just fetching the wheelie bin from the collection point.

one_step_closer 17-11-2022 12:43 PM

That would be too much for me, Beckie! Are you feeling the effects of the torture bed? Did you have a special hot chocolate? I'm planning on going to Asda (not today) because of the tasty sounding meals you keep getting.

I went to the chemist and Tesco and put on a washing. Really noticed the price hikes in Tesco. Might need to go to Aldi from now on.

It's not so nice here too. Very grey and on and off rain. I hope the fluffies enjoy the heat, and you too! I often wonder if Crookshanks needs the heating on but he seems ok.

Cacoethes 17-11-2022 01:06 PM

I'm having to dry my hoodie and trainers on the radiator!

Definitely feeling the effects!
Tbh since Tuesday my legs have been SORE! As in, having to hold on to the bath while lowering myself on to the toilet sore XD
I did have a special hot chocolate! Marshmallows, cream and a flake!
Asda is awesome!

Yeah prices are going up everywhere!
I need to start going to aldi but i am a creature of habit! And also they don't have self checkout.

They seem very comfortable!
Just put some fresh hay down for them.
They are very hungry boys! But they don't like the stalks of romaine lettuce. Love the leaves but they leave the stalk! And I've discovered that Pippin likes to have his chin scratched! When you do it, he puts his head up and his bottom lip droops! So cute!

I'm sure crookshanks is fine!
Tbh I'm probably being a bit OTT! They didn't seem at all bothered when the heating wasn't on!

tamobhuuta 17-11-2022 01:43 PM

Kitty kat Z used to love lying behind my mum's laptop to get the heat coming off!

Cacoethes 17-11-2022 01:46 PM

Aww cute!

not_so_insig 17-11-2022 01:52 PM

My parents cat used to sit on you when she was damp and then once she was dry get off you. She didn't want to know you after that. She was a strange cat.

Cacoethes 17-11-2022 01:56 PM

Haha! Basically using you as a towel XD

My phone had updated and now it underlines words in green like on Word when you spell something wrong. Except this is grammar checking apparently. I do not like it!

Elmer 17-11-2022 02:27 PM

Make sure it's set to UK English! It took me *months* to get my laptop to believe it was in the UK and when I tell you it nearly got yeeted multiple times...

There's probably settings to turn off the green squigglies as well, what's entertaining to me is that at least 50% of the time it's completely wrong.

Cacoethes 17-11-2022 02:33 PM

I think it probably is set to US tbh.
I'll have to fiddle with it!
So irritating! And yes, often wrong!

one_step_closer 17-11-2022 03:42 PM

I know what you mean about places not having self checkout, Beckie. That's why I go to Tesco. But they don't really talk much in Aldi and I can just chuck my stuff back in the basket and then pack it once I've paid so maybe it'll work out.

Pippin sounds so cute with the chin scratches. Crookshanks sometimes likes chin scratches.

I hope you can sort out your phone, sounds very annoying.

I like all the ways cats have stayed warm and then ditched people!

Zurg 17-11-2022 03:58 PM

*squeeee* piggies!!!! I love Guinea pigs <3
I had them as pets too for quite a while. I loved that they quickly learned feeding times and they would squeek like mad if i was a bit late XD
Pets are awesome!!!
(Except for this morning when a certain Findus Got bored and decided to empty his entire litter box out on the floor….)
(I still love him!!!!)

Cacoethes 17-11-2022 04:05 PM

It's not the talking that bothers me! I love a good chat to random people! It's just that it takes longer!

He is very cute! He likes to be out in the open, merry tends to stay in his house!
I have just spot cleaned with a handheld vacuum cleaner and they weren't too happy about that but they're fine now!

Guinea pigs are amazing!
I did get stared at when I was eating my salad earlier XD

Oh nooo! Naughty findus!

one_step_closer 17-11-2022 05:50 PM

Findus sounds like a right character, Kat!

I don't know if any animals like hoovers.

Cacoethes 17-11-2022 06:09 PM

A lot of humans don't even like hoovers!
I don't!

Zurg 17-11-2022 07:21 PM

My hoover is blue and thus i named him Napoleon. Now Findus very much enjoys when Napoleon is out but sadly, he is not allowed in the same room as the hoovering happens in. Because someone just finds the wire from Napoleon totally unresistable…..

My tiniest birds are divided on the matter of hoovering. The male tends to expect the world is going to end when i hoover and so he becomes very eager to mate and ensure his legacy. The female appreciates none of this sillyness because she is sick of him always wanting to mate XD
My canary disapproves of everything that is out of the ordinary. Though he has always been a bit of an angry, old man….!!!

Cacoethes 17-11-2022 08:57 PM

I love that you named your hoover!

Haha! Your birds sound like characters!

Merry and Pippin seem to have sorted their initial dominance thing! Though pippin still isn't allowed in that particular hide. There are other hides but they aren't at all interested in the fleece one and they just nibble the outside of the hay/carrot hide (which is what it's designed for!) I may have to buy another of the same one so Pippin can have a turn!

Cacoethes 18-11-2022 09:22 AM

Morning everyone!

Elmer 18-11-2022 10:03 AM

The piggies are very cute Beckie, I’m glad they’re settling in well.

I hope everyone has a good day :)

Cacoethes 18-11-2022 10:30 AM

Thanks!
I love them so much

I hope you have a good day too!

Zurg 18-11-2022 10:59 AM

Morning everyone :)

Pets make everything better!!! Except for when they are naughty, then they make everything extra stressful!!!! Findus is munching a piece of carrot right now. He is exhausted from digging in my bed, trying to make a cave in my weighted blanket. It's a tough life for a bunny!!

What are you all up to, today??