RYL Forums

RYL Forums (https://www.recoveryourlife.com/forum/index.php)
-   Veterans Board (https://www.recoveryourlife.com/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=34)
-   -   Virtual Psych ward! (https://www.recoveryourlife.com/forum/showthread.php?t=1312)

Kahlia1981 24-12-2008 01:42 AM

I agree with Dayna. Helen, keep the positivity coming.

Oh and Dayna - a couple of days without electricity .... does that mean that the world is ending ... or just the world as I know it. LMAO. It sounds like cause for a breakdown.

Maybe I should form a group for technology addicts. We can all type "Hi I'm [insert name here] and I'm a technology addict" into our laptops. :p And try to help each other through periods without technology.

Damnation. 24-12-2008 01:43 AM

NOOOO! Don't make me go to technology rehab! Lmao! *Clings to her computer*

ravynsoul 24-12-2008 01:50 AM

Hi All;

oops, I forgot about the time difference.. so i guess now it would be good morning to some of you? hmm... maybe i'll just stick with hi, it's easier *nods, yup definitely easier*

thanks for the compliments Nicole, the horse is one of mine, yup.. his name is Hulk.. I absolutely adore him :) How did things go with your swimming? I hope you figured something out.

Good news about your option to defer, Kahlia - glad to hear things are working in your favour. Hope that you have a wonderful Christmas... it's still Christmas eve's eve here ;)

Thanks for the laugh Zowie! It's quite chilly here.. and we have lots of snow.. looks like it's gonna be a white Christmas for sure. Hope you warm up soon.

*hugs Mary Anne* Sorry to hear things are hard right now; don't have any advice to offer; just hoping things will pass soon for you and things will get easier.

Dayna, glad to hear you are feeling a little better today. Hope that whatever bug you're fighting passes soon... definitely not fun being sick. :S *offers some hot tea and soup to make you feel better*

Helen, please keep up with your positive updates! It's nice to hear them :) How are things going today?

---
I had a fairly good day at work today; but now i'm done and exhausted, and it's not even 20:00. :S. I wanted to be more helpful and supportive, but I just don't have the energy tonite... sorry! Think I'm going to make it an early night before I don't have the strength to fight my urges.. Hope everyone is doing ok. I'm really sorry if I missed a response :S...
*accepts the offered hugs and cuddles and leaves lots of them for everyone*

Damnation. 24-12-2008 01:53 AM

Ravyn: Well, if I am catching something, it's not as bad as other years, so I can't complain too much about that, lol.

Glad you had a good work day today, but yeah, if you're really knackered, best you go and get some sleep <3 *hugs back*

ravynsoul 24-12-2008 01:54 AM

LMAO!! Thanks for the laughs Kahlia and Dayna, I especially liked

Quote:

Originally Posted by Kahlia1981 (Post 1305867)
Maybe I should form a group for technology addicts. We can all type "Hi I'm [insert name here] and I'm a technology addict" into our laptops. :p And try to help each other through periods without technology.

I would definitely have to join the group... I already freak out when someone else in my family wants to use the computer... and when the internet is down i'm like: :crazy: and :wow!:

Damnation. 24-12-2008 01:55 AM

XDD You're welcome! Technoholics Anonymous, or something <__<;;

Kahlia1981 24-12-2008 01:56 AM

Dayna : I agree ... no technology rehab for either of us :p

Ravyn : I'm a bit over christmas tbh. But I guess you get that. Enjoy your christmas too if I don't get a chance to say hi before then.

*offers hugs and cuddles to all*

-----
Before I forget : Technoholics Anonymous sounds great. :p Anyone else care to join lol.

Damnation. 24-12-2008 01:57 AM

Kahlia: Huzzah! *Runs rampant across the internet*

ravynsoul 24-12-2008 02:00 AM

Yeah for technoholics anonymous!

Kahlia - ya, i'm not into the christmas mood this year.. trying to smile for the family.. but really can't wait for it and new years to be over..
ok.. i'm off to bed.. *hugs to all*

*climbs under duvet in denial tent*

Damnation. 24-12-2008 02:02 AM

Nighty night, Ravyn. Sleep well *hugs again*

MammaMia 24-12-2008 02:59 AM

RAWWWWWWWWWWWR =D

I'm going to be so so so so busy today, so if I don't get to say this before, have a lovely lovely Christmas, each & every one of you. I know it's a hard time of eyar for some and everyone expects you to be happy happy happy, but just pretend you're in the denial tent and then plaster a huge fake smile? Might help? It's helped me through other situations, like when I was in college and really struggling and whatnot.

Anyway am going to be so busy :] Firstly got to be awake in 7 hours or so, have a shower, then my bets friend is coming over to swap presents, then I've got to attempt to tidy my room. About 12.30 or so, I've got to brave town (nooooooooo!) and buy some small food items for my eldest sister and possibly mum. Then I've got to head over to the hospital and watch my sister & hospital staff in their carol service and my sister is doing a reading :] She's nervous, so hopefully having my support & presence will help. I know Mum wants to be there but is stuck at smelly old work!! Then I've got to go home & if my other sister is still there then we're going to my nans to drop some presents. If not, I'll just coutimue tidying up or something. Then later on in the evening, me & mum have got to go pick my sister (well a different one) up :D :D :D :D and then put all the presents underneath the tree & get some sleeeeeeeeep!!!!!!!!

Today is just going to be pure manic isn't it :P

fallenshadows 24-12-2008 06:24 AM

-sigh, checks in-
I really do dislike the holidays sometimes. I hate knowing the fact that I should be happy around those that I love when inside I just feel so depressed.
Then after the holidays Ill return to work and a extremely complicated situation which I can bare to deal with anymore.
Sorta need a hug and don't have anyone in my day to da life that understands that I struggle from time to time.

mouse in darkness 24-12-2008 08:29 AM

"Hugs" Life at times can realy suck. I can understand why you feel the way you do. I do all the time especially when it comes to holidays. I hope the situation at work improves for you

IcarusDrowning 24-12-2008 09:24 AM

fallenshadows-I hope it gets vaguely better for you. I think most people here can relate to the extreme isolation 'holiday cheer' can bring. Let alone the joy after the supposedly *restful* time.

All the best with it.

MammaMia- that sounds intense. Good Luck with it all.

*sighs* I really wish RYL wasn't the only place I feel real and connected on Christmas Eve, could be worse places I guess.

kind of needing a hug too if anyone has one going?

ravynsoul 24-12-2008 12:26 PM

*looks out of denial tent* Hugs? I can do that! *nods* :)

*hugs Icarus* *hugs Fallenshadows* *leaves lots of hugs for everyone*

Helen - sounds like you have quite the day ahead of you! Have fun! Let us know how it goes :) Merry Christmas to you too! I like your idea of pretending we're in the denial tent at get-togethers, definitely going to try.

How are you doing Nicole and Dayna and Kahlia? Hope you all are doing ok!

Well, I did end up having a good sleep, and have a half day of work ahead of me so that's not too bad. We have our family get-together tonite... even though it's Christmas eve it does not feel at all like Christmas. I think my whole family might not be in the mood for it.. my grandma died a couple months ago, and I'm starting to think everyone is going thru the motions here.

Anyways, I hope everyone has a good day/night.

*hugs*

mouse in darkness 24-12-2008 12:29 PM

*Triggering* SI

"Hugs" IcarusDrowning sorry I realy don't have anything supportive to say:sad:

I had a chat with my Uncle in WA {Western Australia} and accidently scared him. I feel realy guilt now that I told him honestly how I have been feeling as he asked for the truth. I can't lie to people except if I m acting and I can't act infront of him. It was so hard I just hope he doesn't ring my dad. He has recently reveiled alot from my past that I realy don't remember{Family secrets. I have filled him in on a few too}. It is stuff he thinks that has mad me 'ill' as he would put it.

mouse in darkness 24-12-2008 12:44 PM

Hello Ravynsoul. Hope you have a wonderful short day at work and enjoy spending time with your family. Im still not well so to speak. But I been speaking with my Uncle over the last 4 hours and went for a walk with Coralie (Kahlia) and our landlords dog rusty, I feel a little safer in my own company. If that sounds right.
Hope all have a wonderful christmas eve "Hugs to those who want them. Offers hot chocolate and marshmellows to everyone and a cookie"

ravynsoul 24-12-2008 12:58 PM

Hey Nicole, thanks for the well wishes!
I think I understand what you mean about feeling safer now in your own company. I hope your day gets better *hugs* Thanks for the hot chocolate, cookie, and hugs!! mmm...

I guess I'm realizing that I never did tell people my name, lol, feel free to call me ravyn [i like that name] or if you want you could also call me shell.

Anyways *hugs all around*

Mary Anne 24-12-2008 12:59 PM

Hi all,

It is now midday Christams Eve here, at work just now but we finish up in an hour or so.
I am having a quiet night with my cat this evening, no excitment for me and then just lunch with mum and dad tomorrow, nothing over the top.
Will be glad when it is all over and it is January.

*hugs everyone*

xx

ravynsoul 24-12-2008 01:05 PM

Hi Mary Anne,
Have a good last hour at work. I'm with you on looking forward to January.
Enjoy snuggling with your cat! [what's it's name?]
Thanks for the hugs! *hugs back*