RYL Forums

RYL Forums (https://www.recoveryourlife.com/forum/index.php)
-   General Chat (https://www.recoveryourlife.com/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=21)
-   -   The 'I need a distraction' thread. (https://www.recoveryourlife.com/forum/showthread.php?t=243064)

tamobhuuta 07-09-2023 10:13 AM

Morning.

Sorry you're back in hospital lr but I'm glad they're looking after you. Do you have crash mats in case of seizures?

Enjoy your tea Zurg.

Look after yourself Cacoethes!

How are you osc?

tamobhuuta 07-09-2023 10:13 AM

Good luck with CPN...

Cacoethes 07-09-2023 10:43 AM

Morning tamo
How are you?

Cpn was less annoying than usual
Either that or I'm too tired to be annoyed
But he's gonna speak to dr for some reason and also see me in 2 weeks rather than a phone call.

Zurg 07-09-2023 11:18 AM

Such suspicious cpn behaviour!!! That would deffo trigger my paranoia into overdrive. They should at least tell why they behave in suspicious manners….!!!

I cba arsed hoovering yet. Findus' sandbox was delivered an hour ago and it turned out that making it fit on the balcony was actually a problem of Tetris-ish dimensions…. I have now poured the 20 kilos of sand into it and where is my bunny??? Not anywhere near his sandbox ffs….
I feel majorly under-appreciated. I have poured myself a glass of coke to console my hurt feelings :(

tamobhuuta 07-09-2023 11:50 AM

Mischievous bunny!

Sounds like your CPN is on the ball Cacoethes.

Zurg 07-09-2023 12:11 PM

Well, in the name of progress, Findus has now sniffed his sandbox. But it still appears a bit too big and dangerous for further inspection. Tune in later for more exciting updates!!! :D

not_so_insig 07-09-2023 02:07 PM

Hello all. I am waiting for the boiler people to come and check my boiler so am stuck indoors all afternoon. I am also waiting for evri and amazon too. I am bored.

not_so_insig 07-09-2023 03:21 PM

Boiler man has been. Just waiting for evri and amazon.

one_step_closer 07-09-2023 03:46 PM

I hope it's helpful for him to speak to the doctor, Beckie.

Crookshanks shows little interest in the things I do for him too, Kat!

Have you been up to anything exciting, Tamo?

Waiting in is very boring.

long road 07-09-2023 04:26 PM

Last ward I crashmats. This ward I just got to bash into uncushioned bed sides *shrugs*

I am home again from hospital now but have an appointment for tomorrow morning with respiratory consultant.

Am very tired. Waiting for a call from GP surgery before trying to nap. Still ill but currently well enough to be at home. But keeping a close eye on things. And as said getting reviewed by consultant tomorrow morning.

not_so_insig 07-09-2023 05:18 PM

Glad you're home Jen.

tamobhuuta 07-09-2023 06:08 PM

Glad you're home lr.

Hi osc. I've posted in Serious. How are you?

Have your deliveries come insig?

not_so_insig 07-09-2023 06:17 PM

Evri has come but I am still waiting for amazon tamobhuuta.

tamobhuuta 07-09-2023 06:32 PM

They're running out of time!

not_so_insig 07-09-2023 07:14 PM

Amazon came 10 minutes ago. It says up to 10 pm on the app.

tamobhuuta 07-09-2023 07:16 PM

Hurray!

long road 07-09-2023 09:25 PM

Hey everyone, quick update Cacoethes (Beckie) is in hospital more detail in new support thread I have created on her behalf with her consent.

I am currently managing to stay out of hospital but have very clear guidelines of if x happens I have to either call 999 or go to A&E. Have outpatient appointment at hospital 11am tomorrow. And have GP and Nurse appointment at 3:30pm tomorrow.

Sending love to you all xxx

long road 08-09-2023 07:09 AM

Morning all, I had another asthma attack and had to call 999 around 2:30am had a nebuliser and paramedics took me to A&E. Been in A&E since then.

tamobhuuta 08-09-2023 09:36 AM

Morning lr. Sorry you're in a&e. Do you have anyone with you?

not_so_insig 08-09-2023 11:28 AM

Sorry people are unwell. Thanks for the update about Beckie Jen.

tamobhuuta 08-09-2023 11:58 AM

How are you insig?

I'm waiting for a prescription.

one_step_closer 08-09-2023 12:02 PM

Sending love to everyone.

tamobhuuta 08-09-2023 12:21 PM

How are you osc?

not_so_insig 08-09-2023 01:12 PM

I am ok thanks tamobhuuta.

long road 08-09-2023 01:19 PM

My partner was with me in A&E which helped. Just got back from consultant appointment I get to stay out if hospital for now. And we have a stronger inhaler to try to get this flare under control plus a load of follow up apppointments scheduled /that I will receive appointments for in next few weeks. More detail in my thread for anyone interested.

In more exciting news while waiting for my prescription at hospital outpatients pharmacy we went and got lunch from the sandwich shop. I had a hot sausage roll and a chicken Caesar baguette with salad. Am stuffed now but was so nice to get a full meal in after struggling to eat prpoerly the last week because of being ill.

Now going to try and chill before my 3:30 appointment at the GP surgery.

not_so_insig 08-09-2023 01:24 PM

Good luck with your appointment Jen!

long road 08-09-2023 01:46 PM

Thanks Dawn. Hoping I get to talk a bit about mental health side of stuff as well as asthma.

What have you got on this afternoon?

long road 08-09-2023 03:23 PM

Actually got to GP surgery early! Which is a change we usually at ejust about on time but school letting out traffic wasn't as bad as we thought it would be. Just waiting around for my appointment now.

Cacoethes 08-09-2023 03:24 PM

Hey guys.
Sorry I've not been about a lot.
I don't really have the energy to catch up with everything but i hope we're all ok!

tamobhuuta 08-09-2023 03:48 PM

I hope your appointment goes OK lr.

Hi Cacoethes!

Cacoethes 08-09-2023 04:11 PM

Heya!
How are you?

long road 08-09-2023 05:13 PM

Appointment did indeed go well.

Now ordering dinner because neither me or my partner has got more than around 6 hours sleep in the last 48 hours.

Cacoethes 08-09-2023 05:18 PM

Glad the appointment was good!

What are you gonna order?

long road 08-09-2023 05:26 PM

Pasta from an Italian place. I am having carbonara and some garlic bread.

And then after dinner I am going to try and rest. And just set an alarm for when I need to take my evening meds. I ight not sleep because steroids but I am seriously exhausted.

not_so_insig 08-09-2023 05:36 PM

My mum took me to Pets at Home for some cat litter. Also went to aldi nearby for some milk and wine. It's very hot here outside.

Cacoethes 08-09-2023 05:52 PM

Lovely! Carbonara is one of my favourite things!

Hope you manage to nap

long road 08-09-2023 06:56 PM

When I read your comment Dawn and at first I thought you had brought down strange drink that was milk and wine mixed together in one bottle!

I am definitely too tired for life off to attempt to nap.

long road 09-09-2023 06:47 AM

Morning Everyone!

I got to spend time the whole night at home in my own bed which was a treat. Pretty broken sleep as I kept waking up but timings wise got between 8 and 9 hours.

Cacoethes 09-09-2023 07:32 AM

Morning!
Fabulous news jen

I got a decent sleep, despite being woken up regularly to be stabbed

long road 09-09-2023 10:24 AM

Impressive that you slept ok despite regular stabbings.

I have finally finished my morning routine including breakfast, meds, sinus rinse and getting washed and dressed etc. and am now sitting with a cup of proper coffee and taking it easy. Although now I type that I realise I haven't done my physio. Wil do that in a bit though still super tired. Have had two nights this week where I haven't slept at all and one where I only got 2 hours.

Only plans for today are video chatting my brother at 2pm.

Trying to take it very easy otherwise

Cacoethes 09-09-2023 10:41 AM

Thanks to promethazine and olanzapine!
And a pretty quiet ward.

Well done for getting the things done!
Sensible to leave the physio for later

tamobhuuta 09-09-2023 11:01 AM

Morning guys. Sounds like we had quiet nights? I had a lie in because I didn't go to bed until after 10 which is very late for me. Then it took over an hour for my thoughts to stop whirling even though I was physically exhausted.

tamobhuuta 09-09-2023 12:37 PM

Sat in a&e waiting to be triaged. What's everyone up to?

long road 09-09-2023 04:22 PM

How are things going in A&E Tamo? Have you been seen yet? Hope the wait isn't too long and that the waiting room isn't too hot. A&E at my local hospital doesn't have air con but because it's on the outer edge of the hospital buildings it's not quite as hot as the wards in the centre.

Sorry not been online much its been a bit of a slow but busy day for me if that makes any sense and I am still very tired and trying to rest but battling steroid induced mania.

After my chill with a coffee and music I watched an episode of One Piece with my partner. And we make that show a no phones allowed show as we really enjoy it.

Then I helped make lunch while partner washed up some of the 3 days worth of washing up that had accumulated as I wa sin and out if hospital. We had ham, grated cheese salad and cucumber wraps with a little bit of mayo.

After lunch I rested listening to music for a bit and then video called my brother. Was really good to talk over the last week, reassure him a bit, hear his news and generally emotionally connect. He has started going to therapy recently, and as such we have been able to have some more open and honest conversations about my mental health difficulties and also about how our parents meant well and clearly love us but some aspects of our upbringing have negatively affected how we both behave as adults. Mind you I expect all parents even well meaning ones usually manage to mess you up somehow :P

Now in bed with a fan running and cool packs. Been trying to attempt to rest / nap for last 45 minutes but have the zoomies and keep getting distracted. I did say to myself checking RYL was last thing I would do before closing my eyes so will see you all later.

tamobhuuta 09-09-2023 05:59 PM

Hi lr. I was offered a bed on the clinical decision unit but declined it because mum thought I'd be safer at home. Turns out I'm not and I'm back in the utc to be patched up. I don't know what will happen after. I may update serious with dramas.

long road 09-09-2023 06:52 PM

Sending big hugs Tamo. I saw you posted on serious so I will pop over there.

Resting didn't work out for more details in my thread. Lungs aren't doing the best and I am a little scared but managing the best I can

long road 09-09-2023 08:51 PM

In A&E after another asthma attack. Wish I didn't have to be A&E on a Saturday is not a vibe.

Anyone having a better Saturday?

Cacoethes 10-09-2023 08:04 AM

Morning everyone

Accidentally Abstract 10-09-2023 08:43 AM

Morning all. Sounds like you've all been having a pretty rough time with too much A&E going on! Sending hugs to anyone who wants them.. though it'd have to be cooling ones in this awful heat!
Sorry I've not been around much, things have been busy and a lot and I've had my girlfriend here (who also managed to injure herself but luckily avoid A&E and have me look after her and her sore ankle at home!). Assignment is due on Wednesday and it still needs over 500 words cut out and a conclusion written. Got to go do filming for the autism training programme tomorrow, and my therapist has covid. Fun fun!

Cacoethes 10-09-2023 08:56 AM

Morning Luce!
Wow you have a lot going on!
That's a lot to deal with!
And how rude of your therapist to have covid