RYL Forums

RYL Forums (https://www.recoveryourlife.com/forum/index.php)
-   Veterans Board (https://www.recoveryourlife.com/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=34)
-   -   Virtual Psych ward! (https://www.recoveryourlife.com/forum/showthread.php?t=1312)

SparkleKitten 29-09-2010 07:57 PM

Don't have my consultation until the 21st. :(

However on the upside I bought a hat with kitty ears on it, its so cute :D

Doikers 29-09-2010 08:06 PM

I'm sorry you have to wait for your consultation Sarah :S What is it a consultation for ? sorry if you've said I've forgot.
Cool sounding hat though :)

SparkleKitten 29-09-2010 08:19 PM

I'm seeing them for my stupid gallbladder, they're either going to put me on meds for it or take it out. Only taken 3 months to get to this >:(

Doikers 29-09-2010 08:26 PM

Oh right , I remember about your gallbladder now, I hope it doesn't cause you too much trouble from now until your consultation.

SparkleKitten 29-09-2010 08:44 PM

Same or I'm selling it on ebay :p

Doikers 29-09-2010 08:52 PM

Hehe , That made me smile :)

Doikers 29-09-2010 08:59 PM

I'm heading to bed ,I'm a bit tired and I think I actually made progress today or at least i showed when I was talking to my nurse that I really am willing to try stuff to help stop injuring . I've been assesed for a 12 week course that go's through all the bits of different therapys and re-habs and takes the bits that work and has smooshed them all together into this one program so yeah I have hope that it might possibly help me cut back on my S.I.

*Night Night Ward*

FlyingNy 29-09-2010 09:12 PM

*Hugs Mark* Goodnight, hope you sleep well.

*Hugs Sarah* Good luck with the consaltation and I'm sorry about your mum :( Mine's the same, but I'm glad you have the strength to realise there is nothing wrong with your weight and you're fine just the way you are.

*Hugs Felicia* The workload never stops does it? Well done for not harming though :)

*Hugs April* Thanks, my family just wind me up sometimes. Well, all the time actually, but it makes me feel like just a stressy teenager and I don't even know if all this stuff is normal. I've told you about quite a lot of my family stuff. Is that normal to you? That's a general question for everyone, not just April. Woo for you getting stuff done today and I do hope you don't get ill, food poisoning's the worst :S.

MammaMia 29-09-2010 10:20 PM

*hugs everyone*

I did soaked, but oh well =) Didn't get everything I wanted done, going to do it tomorrow :D

Scarletdreamer 29-09-2010 10:21 PM

Lia, love, to be honest, your family situation (as well as several other people's family situations in here) sounds rather... ummm, well, don't want to say "abnormal" because I really don't know EXACTLY what "normal" is supposed to be, but it's emotionally and verbally abusive and that.is.not.right. Ever. I guess that a family is MEANT to be supportive/loving/caring/kind to its members. My family came pretty close to that... but admittedly I have been having some issues with that lately. :( The "supportive" bit especially. But anywho, this isn't about me. I hope that what I said makes sense though. *cuddles* And I also hope I don't get food poisoning... Jarrod doesn't think I will because it was just a few bites and he said that they only have to put that label ("must reach 165'F blah blah blah") on it for liabilities. I guess so people don't eat them raw? lol... But meh. I will hopefully not get ill. :-/ How has your day been??

Mark, sleep well... *tucks you into your ward bed* Pleasant dreams!!

Sarah, I wish I could hurry time up so the consultation comes sooner!! Ugh. 3+ months of putting up with that... not fun at all. :( I'm sorry. And also, your bit about selling it on eBay made me smile, lol. At least you can have a sense of humor about it all!! *gentle hugs*

Felicia, I'm glad that you got a lot of compliments on your tshirt. :) That's a happy, even if your comp throwing a hissy fit isn't. Heh. So annoying, computers. They can really ruin your day if they decide to be, well, annoying. >_< I'm so glad that they aren't sentient and can't decide at whim to ruin your day if they don't like you or whatever. Now THAT would be a scary world... ;) Sorry, am in a bit of a weird mood (carrying over from yesterday...). *hugs*

*cuddles all who haven't been about in a bit*

Jarrod's gonna make supper. *big happy grin* Lol. He's not the best cook but at least he's trying!! :D If he can learn to cook then... ANYTHING IS POSSIBLE. :P But don't tell him I said that. Heehee. Although almost granted, he'd think that it were funny. But still... it was awfully sweet of him. Inspired, methinks, by the fact that I did the dishes, grocery shopping, and picked him up a book from the library that he's been wanting to read for aaaaaaaages now. :) All today, too!!! I've been a busy chickadee. :P

I'm reading this FASCINATING book called Pilgrim by Iforgetwhom. It's basically about Carl Jung's work with a man who is only known as Pilgrim, and who appears to be unable to die. Won't post more than that because it 1) could be triggering and 2) could give away bits of the story I've not read yet. :P But needless to say... psychiatric history + mystery + good writing = EPIC WIN in April's mind. :D Whee. I actually have gotten through about 120 pages of it so far today (maybe more, maybe less, can't remember...) and that in only about an hour's time spent reading. ^_^ I am rediscovering my LOVE for books. <3

Erm yeah. I think I'm going to go write elsewhere so I don't talk your ears off. ;) Er, your eyes... whatever. Hehe.

Scarletdreamer 29-09-2010 10:24 PM

*cuddles Hels* You popped in and out whilst I were typing!! :P Hmmm, boo on getting soaked, that sucks. But at least you seem to be in a good mood... hmm, wonder if it has anything to do with the fact that you're going to see your bestie in 5 (?) days?? :P I wish we all had equally big happinesses to look forward to in the coming days... then maybe we'd have a ward full of happy people. That would be utterly AWESOME. :) (And not the "happy pills" kind of happy, either. :P) Anyway... well done on getting some stuff done today, at least... I know how "daunting" it can be if you have a ton to get done in a day. :) At least there's tomorrow to do some of it. Now that I've had such a busy day, I don't know what I'll do tomorrow. :-/

*even more extra cuddles for all* <3

MammaMia 29-09-2010 10:44 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Scarletdreamer (Post 2510594)
*cuddles Hels* You popped in and out whilst I were typing!! :P Hmmm, boo on getting soaked, that sucks. But at least you seem to be in a good mood... hmm, wonder if it has anything to do with the fact that you're going to see your bestie in 5 (?) days?? :P I wish we all had equally big happinesses to look forward to in the coming days... then maybe we'd have a ward full of happy people. That would be utterly AWESOME. :) (And not the "happy pills" kind of happy, either. :P) Anyway... well done on getting some stuff done today, at least... I know how "daunting" it can be if you have a ton to get done in a day. :) At least there's tomorrow to do some of it. Now that I've had such a busy day, I don't know what I'll do tomorrow. :-/

*even more extra cuddles for all* <3

*cuddles April lots* I sure did :D It sure is to do with that I'm seeing my bestie in 5 days!!! That actually made me squeal loudly when I ready your post. Sad, I know LOL. I wish we all did aswell. It can be daunting indeed. I just was so stressed last night about having so much to get done before Monday, but wrote it down. So got a good start into it. Yaay.

RYUU 29-09-2010 10:56 PM

The devil is telling me that i must die now am scared i might do something

Kahlia1981 29-09-2010 11:08 PM

*offers cuddles and safe love & care packages to all*

I've been able to quickly get onto my housemate's computer while he is asleep as he has customised a logon for me and thought I would drop by for a quick catch up.

Things haven't been going brilliantly here. With my computer dying, my shoulder subluxing and the severe pain forcing me onto an extremely high dose of endone (a sister drug to morphine), the pain itself which is also interrupting my sleep to the extent where I am struggling to get to sleep and stay asleep and am now lucky to manage 2 - 3 hours a night again, and the chest infection which appears to be still worsening instead of getting better despite me being halfway through the second course of antibiotics I have been forced to ask for an extension for the first assignment of my only subject I am attempting at uni this semester.

To be perfectly honest, the worst part about that is that I feel like I have failed because I have had to ask for an extension on something that I know I am capable of completing without requiring an extension on. *sigh*

Mind you, the pain in my shoulder and frustration and other emotional responses to not having a computer that I can access whenever and wherever I want or need to are really getting me down. :-(

I hope that everyone is having a good day/night and offer *hugs*, *cuddles*, *glomps* and *waves* that you can choose for your level of comfort.

Remember: You never know how strong you can be until being strong is the only option you have left! So just keep your head up and keep moving forward.

*leaves lots of tlc for everyone in whatever way they can accept it and quickly plays with Puppy SinClair*

MammaMia 29-09-2010 11:15 PM

*hugs Kahlia tightly* I'm sorry everything's being so crap right now babe :(

SoMuchMore 29-09-2010 11:28 PM

*hugs kahlia, helen, lia, april, mark, sarah, RYUU, felicia, and everyone else*

Sorry its not more.

risenfromperdition 30-09-2010 12:25 AM

*snuggles laura <3*

xxjuliexx 30-09-2010 04:35 AM

*curls up* man i ate way to much

Doikers 30-09-2010 10:14 AM

*Hugs Julie*

*Hugs Kahlia* I'm sorry you are suffering so much , I hope both your arm and chest feel better soon :)

*Hugs April* Yey for reading!!

*Hugs Lia*

*Hugs Heather*

*Hugs Laura*

*Hugs Helen*

*Hugs Ryuu* I hope you are safe .

MammaMia 30-09-2010 11:43 AM

*cuddles ward*