RYL Forums

RYL Forums (https://www.recoveryourlife.com/forum/index.php)
-   Veterans Board (https://www.recoveryourlife.com/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=34)
-   -   Virtual Psych ward! (https://www.recoveryourlife.com/forum/showthread.php?t=1312)

farawayfairy 20-06-2008 02:51 PM

*cuddles jetforce*

how is everyone?

blondiebear 20-06-2008 03:58 PM

Good morning all. My sinus medicine is still making me sleepy but the tooth ache from the sinus problems is easing.

This will be another hot day but a good one I think.

*hugs everyone*

Automatik Teknicolour 20-06-2008 04:25 PM

Just to let you know, Alexx hasn't been on for a few days due to moving house yesterday. She emailed me before to say that they were cut off a day earlier than they should have been, however she is all settled in her new house. I'm not sure when she will be back on here, hopefully it will be soon :-)

Hope everyone is well, anybody wants to talk, I'm here and all ears :-) xxx

~*forever_broken*~ 20-06-2008 07:39 PM

*hugs LP Emma tight hoping to get some of that exuberance or whatever it is*

Hi guys. Still **** for support and I'm sorry.

I. Feel. Awful. :crying:
It's been a little over a year since... Everything happened and my life fell to pieces. When a cut needed to be looked at and the Uni health centre learned I cut. Consequently the Uni counselling centre got involved (that very afternoon). A month and a half or so, a handful of therapy sessions, and a doctors appointment or two later and I'm on one AD. A summer, three school terms of therapy, a shitty school year where I attempted (but never failed because I withdrew twice) one class three times and the highest grade I got all year was an A which I think was a gift cause it was his last term here... The rest of the grades were low B's and the whole range of C's... A school year where I barely functioned, habitually missed lectures, called in sick to work WAY too many times... A spring term where I narrowly escaped hospitalisation... Twice...
Now I'm still working at the dining hall on campus while I try and find a 'real' job (guess how much looking I've done?). The housing I found because I've got to be out of this apartment by the end of the month... Government housing. Not bad really, it's cheap so I should be able to get caught up on my bills. I am even able to bypass the long waiting list that there usually is... Because evidently the fact that I've got to leave my apartment at the end of the month means I qualify as 'homeless'. This means that I've got to participate in this program, can't quite explain it really. But I had my first meeting today with... My case worker!:pinch: Because I'm not pathetic enough already. You know the kind of stuff a case worker gets to know? Financial information (any outstanding bills?), health information, physical, mental... Any disabilities, mental health issues... You're involved in therapy? Where's that? How long will you be able to participate in that? Will you need help finding more after that ends? The confidentiality speech they give you is the same as a therapist or doctor for crying out loud! 'Anything we talk about stays confidential as long as ... Or I think you're at risk of hurting yourself or others...' blahblahblah :crying:

*huddles in her corner*

I hate this :crying:

Jetforce 20-06-2008 08:23 PM

*jumps and cuddles ally*

lil-princess 20-06-2008 08:49 PM

Heya everyone *hugs all round*

How you all doing this evening??

I should be happy as it's my birthday but i'm not :( i was earlier but now i'm on my own i just feel like sh*t but i don't wanna sit with my family lol and i'm totally shattered and really excited about the party tomorrow wooo but still feel like sh*t considering the party's nearly here. xxx

Auburn Shadow 20-06-2008 08:57 PM

*cuddles Ally, LP-Emma, and Jem*

I'm... ok I suppose. Just shattered from work, and ever since I got in from work people have been yelling at me to do this that or the other, just fed up of it I guess.

*hugs anyone else who needs/wants/I've missed*

lil-princess 20-06-2008 10:46 PM

Hey, i'm around if anyone wants to chat :) i wont be staying long tho as gotta be up early ohh fun fun fun lol just to sort the party stuff out, i don't wanna set it up i just wanna arrive there lol and have a great time but noooo i have to set it up myself how fun, i'm so bloody stressed it's unreal and i sooooooo need a strong drink right now :( xxx

*Hugs all round* x

blondiebear 20-06-2008 11:20 PM

*cuddles Ally*

I'm glad to be inside cause it is so hot!

MammaMia 21-06-2008 12:04 AM

Ugh my arm really hurts :(
I'm so tired too.
*hides*

blondiebear 21-06-2008 12:49 AM

*cuddles helen*

I'm tired too. And tired of dealing with difficult personalities.

blondiebear 21-06-2008 02:34 AM

One of my friends sent me an email a couple of days about how morbidly obese people who'd had bariatric (stomach stapling) surgery were so healthy since they had the surgery. That surgery has a 5% complication rate. there is aftercare for the rest of the life too. does not sound very good to me.

I'd rather just be fit. and accept myself.

zowie 21-06-2008 09:51 AM

Today would be my mum's birthday.
I miss her.

blondiebear 21-06-2008 03:18 PM

*hugs zowie*

I overslept. I'm taking my peanut butter sandwich and going back to bed.

irkeninvader 21-06-2008 05:00 PM

*hugs zowie* You okay hun?

Susan - I've heard about that stomach stapling thing, it sounds like there are lots of problems and complications with it. Plus you have to chop up all your food into tiny bits so it doesn't get stuck in the gap where they staple it. Yuck. I hope your sandwich was nice!

*leaves a pile of freshly baked muffins for everyone*

blondiebear 21-06-2008 05:34 PM

I was wrong, I looked up the surgery. It is a 20% complication rate, that is that number of people require additional surgery. I'll pass thanks.

*Graps a muffin on the way out*

razorblade_babi 21-06-2008 08:51 PM

hi guys. . .im still signed into the psych ward! huddled under my table!needing to sort head out!grr!

just wanted to say sorry to LP for missing her b'day yesterday:( i hope u had a good day and yr party's awesome.

much luv to all
X

Auburn Shadow 21-06-2008 09:00 PM

heya sweetie,

*hugs* I'm around if there's anything completely random you wanna talk about :)

xxx

Zowie, I'm thinking of you sweetie, hope you're ok? *huge hugs* If you wanna talk about anything, I'm here. And I'm only a PM away.

xxx

razorblade_babi 21-06-2008 09:19 PM

*pokes auburn shadow*
Look, over there. . .chocolate donut. . .with the chocolate sauce in the middle. . .and sugar!. . .i like that! yum. . .random thort of the day. . .What do vegetarians feed their dogs. . .i mean if they dont eat meat do they feed their dogs it?
im random. . .and slightly insane. . . .f*kety ****

X

zowie 21-06-2008 09:21 PM

We went to the pub for lunch with my mum's parents today. It was nice, we talked about her and bought a pint for her, which we left on the bar.
Still feeling pretty low. I miss her.