RYL Forums

RYL Forums (https://www.recoveryourlife.com/forum/index.php)
-   General Chat (https://www.recoveryourlife.com/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=21)
-   -   The 'I need a distraction' thread. (https://www.recoveryourlife.com/forum/showthread.php?t=243064)

Cacoethes 06-01-2017 09:16 PM

Leave some for the rest of us!

Otherwise I'll be all alone for the rest of my life and in 30 years itll just be me and my 40 dogs.

Wonderland. 06-01-2017 09:22 PM

As long as you don't take all the women I'll be okay! Or I'll have to go onto plan B and be crazy cat lady.

My cousin has just got engaged to this lovely guy she met online. They're getting wed in dec, it's so cute <3 so you never know you may find your one!

Cacoethes 06-01-2017 09:26 PM

I think I'll end up being crazy dog lady!
Although the guy I'm seeing has potential. Let's just hope he can cope with all the mentals! :p

That's lovely amy! Dating sites do work!

Serendipity. 06-01-2017 09:31 PM

That's so nice!

Fingers crossed Beckie! :P

I think I am going to end up a crazy cat AND dog lady! With a goat! :P

Wonderland. 06-01-2017 09:34 PM

Was talking to my mum and bro about before we knew about the engagement, and my mums views on it were so old fashioned it was like get into the 21 century women. Like if you are an introvert or a busy person etc like how the hell else do you find someone to date?

Cacoethes 06-01-2017 09:35 PM

His best friend has bipolar so he probably knows a little bit about what he's in for with me :p

A goat? That's a bit random!!
(Says the girl who wants an aardvark....)

My mum had similar views. Like they all met their partners through mutual friends and stuff. Which doesn't work if you've moved around loads and not really had any 'real life'friends!
Although a lot of my online friends are now real life friends :)

Wonderland. 06-01-2017 10:15 PM

Baby goats are pretty cute tbf!

Thats a good sign that hes aware of the mentals and hasn't run a mile, thats the part I always worry about!

I think as well people are much busier and kind of less sociable these days. I'd imagine being a mum though I guess it is a bit anxiety provoking to knowing we meet random people off the internet!! I think I would have a mini internal freak out if it was my child.

Cacoethes 06-01-2017 10:22 PM

Yeah they are quite cute!!

Yep! Told him about the epilepsy and bipolar on the first date and he was totally cool about it.
Other guys I've met haven't been very understanding! Too much trouble!

That's true.
And I think I would freak out if Jasmine was meeting random people off the Internet!! Times are changing though!

Sketchy 06-01-2017 10:26 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Cacoethes (Post 4080249)
Haha!! We live literally 100 metres away from each other so it would be easy for him to get here and take care of me :p
But I think that's asking a bit much on a 3rd date! Haha!

Don't say that Hannah!! Be optimistic! :-D

Thanks Lorraine. Have you got anything planned for tomorrow?

Tomorrow I will head back to the flat, but I might go a walk if it's dry.

Wonderland. 06-01-2017 10:34 PM

You, trouble?! :-p

I think being a mum you will worry even though it's fairly safe these days, thats a mums number 1 job isn't it - to worry!

Hope it's dry for you tomorrow Lorraine, a walk sounds nice :)

Cacoethes 06-01-2017 10:42 PM

Haha! I'm not trouble, I am a delight! :p

I worry about Jasmine all.the time, even though I know she's perfectly safe!

Hope it's dry for you tomorrow Lorraine!

Buttons. 07-01-2017 04:00 PM

Definitely agree re mothering=worrying! I swear my mum stresses more when I'm struggling than I do (poor sod!)

I avoid the dentist but generally not had too bad experiences with them. One of the worst was when I still had my baby teeth, I'd been good so my mum took me to McDonalds as a treat and they were selling ginger bread clowns (as in the McD clown) we were back in the car chatting away, I bit into the gingerbread clown and no joke my tooth split right down the middle through root and all, blood was pouring I looked like dracula on a bad day :P Mum got me to an emergency dentist who helped the situation, then she went back to the McDs we went to and complained, what did they offer her? Money back and Another gingerbread man 0.o

Cacoethes 07-01-2017 04:24 PM

My mum doesn't stress really. But I told her about my recent health issues and that the a&e doc was really dismissive and rather rude. She said I should have called her so she could be there and sort them out!
My mum is used to dealing with a wide range of medical professionals over the last 10 years or so and she is quite formidable! She always gets her way. She doesn't shout or anything, I'm not entirely sure how she does it but no one messes with my mum!! Especially when it comes to her kids!!

That sounds awful Katy!! I can't believe they offered you another gingerbread man after what happened!!!

Buttons. 07-01-2017 04:29 PM

Imagine that as a book/film title-death by gingerbread man :P

Yeah my mum is quite good at that as well but then she tends to go home and stress.

Sketchy 07-01-2017 04:36 PM

Hi everyone.

Cacoethes 07-01-2017 04:44 PM

That would be a thrilling flm, I'm sure :p

Hi Lorraine! Did you go for your walk?

Sketchy 07-01-2017 04:48 PM

1 Attachment(s)
I did. Just a small walk though because I'm really tired.

How are you?

Cacoethes 07-01-2017 05:01 PM

Looks lovely and green there Lorraine :)

I'm ok thanks

Buttons. 07-01-2017 05:02 PM

Beckie-damn right!!

Lorraine that looks lovely and also a small walk is way better than no walk!

I'm having a minor psychological melt down over how long I've left my pasta in :P-clearly tragedy of the century.

Sketchy 07-01-2017 05:03 PM

1 Attachment(s)
There are lots of random green spaces where I live. Tomorrow I'm going to go for a walk and take better photos, maybe in the park.

Sketchy 07-01-2017 05:04 PM

Oh no. I hope your pasta is ok!

Cacoethes 07-01-2017 05:04 PM

Oh no Katy!! Alert the press!!! :p

Sounds good Lorraine. Hope it stays dry for you. We've had a bit of drizzly rain here today.

Buttons. 07-01-2017 05:05 PM

I love trees and such :)

Buttons. 07-01-2017 05:05 PM

Ha ha I've been ninja posted AND MY PASTA MAY PERISH. Am checking now, think of my :P

Sketchy 07-01-2017 05:07 PM

Pasta sounds good. I'm thinking of making noodles later.

Cacoethes 07-01-2017 05:11 PM

Hope your pasta survives! I must ask though, how on earth do you mess up pasta?! :p

I'll probably have a weight watchers ready meal. I should really start cooking again!

Sketchy 07-01-2017 05:13 PM

Sometimes it's good to just shove on a ready meal, but it would be nice to cook again. Maybe you could experiment with new recipes.

Buttons. 07-01-2017 05:18 PM

Ha ha I managed to get a fair bit of it stuck to the bottom of the pan then got so distracted by that neglected the rest of my pasta...fortunately have salvaged some of it so enough to go with my cheese (gourmet chef in the making me :)

Hope enjoy your meal Beckie and Lorraine in my view noodles are always good!

Sketchy 07-01-2017 05:20 PM

Cheesy pasta sounds so good. Enjoy.

Buttons. 07-01-2017 05:23 PM

Always a good fall back :) if I could just live on that and soup (not combined :P) I think I'd be perfectly satisfied ;p

Sketchy 07-01-2017 05:26 PM

I love soup. My sister makes an amazing pot of homemade soup. I haven't made it in ages.

Cacoethes 07-01-2017 05:31 PM

I really should start cooking. There are loads of good looking recipes on the slimming world website. I should have a look through them.

Oooo cheesy pasta!! Yum!!
Soup is great too!

What kind of noodles are you having Lorraine?

Buttons. 07-01-2017 05:39 PM

Same-my mum and grandma still make epic soup plus grandma=home made bread as a side so doubly epic!

Sounds good Beckie, what sorts of things are they posting recipes for?

I'm hoping a few months down the line to start making a few simple things myself.

Am also curious about the noodles :P

Sketchy 07-01-2017 05:54 PM

It's just a packet of Thai noodles. Too lazy to do any proper cooking today.

Wonderland. 07-01-2017 06:31 PM

I'm making stir fry, only takes like 10 mins which is good if feeling tired.

Cacoethes 07-01-2017 06:50 PM

My mum used to make home made bread a lot. Can't beat some home made bread and butter while its still warm from the oven! Nom!
They have recipes for basically everything on the slimming world website! There are pages and pages to look through! They also sell loads of different recipe books at the group.

Instant noodles are a good lazy meal!
I have these mug shot things that I have for lunch. Chicken and sweetcorn noodles and all you have to do is add hot water and wait 5 mins. I love them. Not big enough to have for dinner but a good lunch thing!

Stir fry sounds nice!

Serendipity. 07-01-2017 07:53 PM

I love making homemade bread! All the kneading is so therapeutic :P

Stir fry sounds nice!

How are you all this evening?

Cacoethes 07-01-2017 08:02 PM

I haven't made bread for years. Last time I made it was during a slightly energetic episode and I tried to make purple bread. It didn't turn out purple, just kind of marbled.

I'm ok thanks.
It was your date today wasn't it?

Serendipity. 07-01-2017 08:06 PM

Haha! Why would you want to make purple bread? Was it supposed to be purple due to the ingredients or just food colouring?

I had to cancel. Girl woes, I was dying. We're going to do it another time though. And I think I'm meeting someone else after work tomorrow.

Cacoethes 07-01-2017 08:10 PM

It seemed like a good idea at the time! Yay mania! :p
I just did a normal bread recipe but put a load of food colouring in it. I was disappointed with the lack of purpleness but it tasted good anyway! :)

Oh no! Sorry to hear that :(
That's cool! Hope It goes well!

Sketchy 07-01-2017 08:11 PM

I would love to try making soda bread.

Serendipity. 07-01-2017 08:16 PM

You should do it Lorraine!

Lol Beckie! Purple bread could be interesting :P

Thanks! I'm irrationally nervous!

Sketchy 07-01-2017 08:18 PM

Good luck Hannah.

Cacoethes 07-01-2017 08:20 PM

Sounds like a good idea Lorraine!!

When I was in adolescent unit we made bright green flapjacks. We used various food colourings (but not green, oddly enough) it turned out well because the staff didn't want them so we had them all to ourselves. The staff were always nicking our cakes!! :p

You'll be fine! It's always nerve wracking!
It gets easier though!

Serendipity. 07-01-2017 08:26 PM

Haha, perfectly normal Beckie :P I don't think I'd want to eat green flapjacks either!!!

Cacoethes 07-01-2017 08:35 PM

They tasted totally fine! But they didn't look great :p
They went kind of a metallic green. I don't think I could recreate that if I tried!! No idea what we did to them!

Sketchy 07-01-2017 10:42 PM

What's everyone up to now? I just watched casualty.

Cacoethes 07-01-2017 10:45 PM

I just watched casualty too. I'm very glad Seb decided to tell the truth!
I'm watching Taboo now. It's rather strange!

Serendipity. 07-01-2017 10:46 PM

What is Taboo?

I haven't watched Casualty in ages!

Sketchy 07-01-2017 10:46 PM

I'm glad too. Poor Dylan.