RYL Forums

RYL Forums (https://www.recoveryourlife.com/forum/index.php)
-   Veterans Board (https://www.recoveryourlife.com/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=34)
-   -   Virtual Psych ward! (https://www.recoveryourlife.com/forum/showthread.php?t=1312)

Sugar and Spice 19-04-2008 04:48 PM

*hugs*
Ally, I'm glad that you are feeling a bit better

I need to get clean...How? How?! HOW?!?!
Not feeling safe at all :(

~*forever_broken*~ 19-04-2008 04:53 PM

Clean hun? What do you mean? *snuggles*

Sugar and Spice 19-04-2008 04:57 PM

Sex is dirty.
I'm filthy and disgusting.
Need to be clean.

~*forever_broken*~ 19-04-2008 05:00 PM

*snuggles* Carole that doesn't make you filthy and disgusting... You don't have to tell me but... It was consensual..?

~*forever_broken*~ 19-04-2008 05:02 PM

Carole, why do you think it's dirty?

Sugar and Spice 19-04-2008 05:02 PM

*hugs Ally back*
Stupid thing is I can feel like this after anything sexual (with someone or not). Today I was alone.

~*forever_broken*~ 19-04-2008 05:06 PM

Ok hunni, well that's understandable... It's a cultural thing. But you are not filthy hun, stuff like that doesn't make you filthy *hugs*

Sugar and Spice 19-04-2008 05:09 PM

Sex is dirty. It just is. It's such a sexist thing. Women are seen and treated as objects. I feel like an object.

*hugs back*
How are you feeling today?

~*forever_broken*~ 19-04-2008 05:14 PM

Well hun, you're right, some men act that way. But it doesn't have to be that way... And it's not with all men. *hugs* I hope you can feel better about this.

Me? I'm alright I guess... I'm really not sure. I kind of want to tell someone about my wrist (my friend I'm texting actually) but I don't want to worry her or her husband (my friend as well). And I don't really want to tell my counselor on Monday but I think I should:pinch:

Sugar and Spice 19-04-2008 05:25 PM

*hugs Ally*
If you want to tell her then tell her. Yes, she'll worry. But at least she'll know and be able to help you/ be there for you. As for your counsellor, it is probably best if you tell him/her. But its up to you really and what you feel comfortable with.

Oh, I know that it isn't all men. It's just up until now I hadn't met or expected a guy to be loving. Now it doesn't matter if it is loving and consensual, I still end up feeling crappy.

~*forever_broken*~ 19-04-2008 05:44 PM

*hugs* I'm sorry Carole, that you've had such experiences
I hope it gets easier for you to accept hun.

As for my wrist and telling my counselor... *sigh* it just doesn't seem like that big of a deal...

Sugar and Spice 19-04-2008 06:01 PM

*hugs Ally*
I know what you mean when you say that it doesn't feel like a big deal. I often feel like this the day after and therefore dont tell them which is why my previous counsellors etc have thought that I wasn't as bad as I actually was.
Maybe telling your counsellor about how close to the edge you've been getting would be of more benefit. That way you aren't hiding the truth completely and you are still not bringing up the fact that you SI'd.

~*forever_broken*~ 19-04-2008 06:33 PM

:crying: I know. But I'm not sure how he'll react... And I'm not sure what to say...

Sugar and Spice 19-04-2008 07:06 PM

I wish I could do it. I so wish I could cut...

~*forever_broken*~ 19-04-2008 07:29 PM

*hugs Carole*
I know hun but it's best not to

Sugar and Spice 19-04-2008 07:46 PM

Why? What's going to happen to me if I do?
Nothing bad would happen to me. Honestly.

Sugar and Spice 19-04-2008 07:47 PM

I'm sorry. I shouldn't be so selfish.

*offers hugs and blankets round*

How is everyone today?
Ally, how are you doing?

~*forever_broken*~ 19-04-2008 08:00 PM

Carole you're not being selfish *hugs*
As to why you shouldn't cut... I guess I don't know it's just what we say, right? But it doesn't really help hun, you know that... It's only temporary. *snuggles*

As for me, I don't know... Not feeling good about my wrist. Another line crossed and that's never a good thing :-(

_plastic 19-04-2008 08:06 PM

*enters the room*

Ally's here ? Whats up hun ?

*waves for Carole*

~*forever_broken*~ 19-04-2008 08:38 PM

Hey Roby, nothing much, just taking it one day at a time... feeling a bit sureal atm:indifferent:

How are you?

Emma, I see you, how goes it hun? *hugs*